• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBO score on Senate GOP health bill released, 22M more uninsured relative to ACA

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This bill is, quite simply, state sponsored violence. This will kill more people than terrorism. Fuck McConnell, Trump, Ryan, and the entire fucking GOP.

Shit is so twisted that if you asked me if there is a criminal intent on this bill I'd say yes. No person with at least a shred of respect for human dignity can write this bill up and say "This is good."

They're just gonna argue that the 15 million next year is people choosing to be insurance free so that's fine of course, then 2020 and 2026 are so far away that what does the CBO know anyway? Okay let's get those tax cuts.

Not being able to afford healthcare is a liberty we must protect.

SummitAve

Banned
Is that the original cartoon? Why is the joke explained below it?

This is a common thing on Facebook jokes too. There are always black bars with text overexplaining what you just saw and also a bunch of "laughing so hard I'm crying" emojis. It makes my skin crawl.

steveovig

Single-payer is inevitable but I'm not too sure it'll come soon. It's obvious we need it. With this shit, the rich benefit. With the ACA, the poor and lower middle class benefit a little. Single payer would help everyone but many voters will be scared by it. I don't completely think Democrats should be going full boar on that as a result. Don't you guys think the idea would scare many away?

Tovarisc

Premiums: Senate GOP plan vs. current law (via CBO)
DDRlKKhXgAAcbEx.jpg
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879439096921419777

Omadahl

Banned
If this passes, people need to be waiting outside of Congress with weapons. Welcome to the fucking tipping point.

Chumley

Banned
15 mil people will lose health insurance by Nov. 2018

4 mil. people will lose employer-covered health insurance

The Republicans are trying to murder American citizens. Make no mistake.

Beartruck

Keep in mind, obamacare gave 23 million people insurance, so this bill only gives 1 million more people healthcare than a straight repeal would. What a massive fucking mess.

Good luck in 2018 repubs with 15 million people pissed off at you!

Lubricus

It really shifts the costs to the rest of us.
Someone with type 2 diabetes will just not take the medicine because they couldn't afford it. They get an infection going in their foot, go to the ER, and have to be on IV antibiotics for a week. It will cost the local or state hospital $25,000 which means they will raise the costs for those with insurance to cover the loss.

Things are going just as they planned I see. I was thinking about ISIS today and I actually fear more for my life of GOP policies than I do of ISIS, a terrorist organization.

This a good point to ask yourself what the difference is. They indoctrinate the poor and unfortunate to stab themselves in the back and treat political discourse as a religious culture war.

Chumley

Banned
Things are going just as they planned I see. I was thinking about ISIS today and I actually fear more for my life of GOP policies than I do of ISIS, a terrorist organization.

There's absolutely no comparison. GOP policies will and have killed thousands of times more Americans than ISIS ever has.

Foffy

Banned
If this passes, people need to be waiting outside of Congress with weapons. Welcome to the fucking tipping point.

As dark as it is to say it, this deserves to be the tipping point.

A precariat class can only take so much exploitation and desperation. Do they not realize that's part of the reason why populism nearly hijacked two parties last year?

Something has to be the tipping point, here...

tuxfool

Banned

Eh, fear of terrorist incidents is irrational in the first place. More people die in car accidents than terrorist attacks, you don't see people asking for the banning of cars.

FreezeSSC

How fucked is the u.s. healthcare system going to be after this passes? My gf wants to go back to do a masters in speech language pathology.... Wondering if it'll be like 2008 graduates that couldn't find work....

The CBO score doesn't even take into account the six month penalty bullshit. I could see 50% of Americans not having insurance at this rate at any given moment.

People on gaf were speculating that Republicans would make it so impacts wouldn't be felt until after 2020 to put the blame squarely on democrats. So much for kicking that can down the road.

Measley

I hope the poor people who voted for Trump are happy about this. They're about to get fucked so that rich people can save a few dollars.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I read contrary reports this morning that the score would include the 6 month penalty. Trying to confirm.

Would this significanlty change the numbers? Does CBO consider full year coverage or part year is enough. By that I mean if you wait six months then get it are you counted as having it or not having it?

Foffy

Banned
This isn't passing/voted on. 5 GOP are against it. They can only loose 2

"Trump wouldn't win the Republican party nomination."
"Trump can't get past this scandal."
"Trump can never beat Hillary."
"The House GOP bill will never pass."

Stop acting so sure. We're in new territory.

Top Bottom