• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
lol dude plz STAHP! let's talk about the games and not make this echo chamber-y,what game are you playing on your Vita cuurently?

Nothing because I am buys with learning a new work position and dabbling into Victoria2 (Paradox game) lately. I still need to finish Alundra though. And I finally should get back to make some chess moves. Other than that, I'd like a game to look forward to and I am eyeing quite a few of the japanese ones (which of course I cant play). I really, really, really want Demon Gaze.

kG8ae.jpg

Gngnngngnghgnghggnngh.

Edit: Random question: Ni No Kuni has no remote play functionality, right? (Hey, I can dream)

Sid

That's cool,I'm done with pretty much every Vita game I have so I'm basically playing my PSP a lot more now and going through my UMD backlog till NGS2+ comes out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just re-watched Whisper of the Heart today and hearing the soundtrack again made me want to play Gravity Rush. My first impression of the game's demo was how Ghibli-esque the music and visuals of the game felt.

Good thing I got it on plus.

You getting Ni No Kuni on PS3?

Cha

Hmmm… the Upcoming Vita Games thread says that Ratchet and Clank is coming on the 29th of this month. Do we have any gameplay footage of this game as yet?

Ive been watching some Ghibli movies the past couple days in prep for NiNoKuni and im currently watching Kiki's Delivery Service on my Vita.

GonsooWl.jpg

Its giving me a gravity rush. ;D

Lately, I've found that buying physical Vita games is harder than it's ever been. After an unsuccessful run around a couple of stores last night hunting for (what I thought were) reasonably attainable titles, it's clear that the selection in UK high street stores is meagre to say the least. I'm not lamenting the lack of new games on the Vita, more the lack of promoting those that are available. Is there a really low print run on Vita games in general? 'big name' titles aside (CoD, Assassin's Creed), some games just seemed to have disappeared from retail existence, online as well as on the high street. In the end I had to resort to ebay, and this was for brand new copies of games.

I realise the Vita is a perfectly viable system for users who go fully download-only with their games (heck, I have a 32GB card myself). However, for the likes of us who like some of their games to be that little bit more tangible, it feels like Sony either doesn't realise or isn't concerned with the poor availability of Vita generally. I've witnessed gaming retail first-hand since the mid-1980s - if I'm struggling to find what I want (when I know what I want), how are potential new owners ever likely to be swayed towards the Vita?

Akira_83

Banned
How can i tell what games are being released in retail form vs digital only?

I only buy games digitally if there is no other choice for NA retail, such as EDF 2017 or Dokuro

Is sly cooper coming out on Cart? How about Ratchet and Clank FFA?

thanks!

Tokyno

Neo Member
Lately, I've found that buying physical Vita games is harder than it's ever been. After an unsuccessful run around a couple of stores last night hunting for (what I thought were) reasonably attainable titles, it's clear that the selection in UK high street stores is meagre to say the least. I'm not lamenting the lack of new games on the Vita, more the lack of promoting those that are available. Is there a really low print run on Vita games in general? 'big name' titles aside (CoD, Assassin's Creed), some games just seemed to have disappeared from retail existence, online as well as on the high street. In the end I had to resort to ebay, and this was for brand new copies of games.

I realise the Vita is a perfectly viable system for users who go fully download-only with their games (heck, I have a 32GB card myself). However, for the likes of us who like some of their games to be that little bit more tangible, it feels like Sony either doesn't realise or isn't concerned with the poor availability of Vita generally. I've witnessed gaming retail first-hand since the mid-1980s - if I'm struggling to find what I want (when I know what I want), how are potential new owners ever likely to be swayed towards the Vita?

Where I live the range of Vita games on offer is ridiculously small. GAME had about 2 small shelves worth and all TESCO were stocking was FIFA, Assassin's Creed and LBP. The prices were extremely high as well.

Amazon seems to be the best choice if you want to buy physical versions of the games.

zulux21

I only buy games digitally if there is no other choice for NA retail, such as EDF 2017 or Dokuro

thanks!
my response to both of you is the same. You should just use amazon (or online stores in general) :p

I know uk amazon isn't quite as good as USA amazon but it should still be easier to find the games you want on amazon then running around in stores.

for the second person, if you can order it on amazon it's likely on a cart :p

Takao

Banned

thanks!

Sly Cooper will be available on cart. It's $30 for Vita, or $40 for PS3 version with down loadable Vita copy.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault is PSN-only. The retail release for PS3 was very low run, and something Sony did to appease fans.

Noi

Do we know how much Full Frontal Assault for Vita is gonna be? $19.99 like the PS3 one? That's about all the info I can find.

zulux21

Do we know how much Full Frontal Assault for Vita is gonna be? $19.99 like the PS3 one? That's about all the info I can find.

if i recall right it's a cross buy title meaning if you got it on the ps3 you got it on the vita and vice versa, so if the ps3 version is $20 then the vita version should be $20 assuming i am remembering right :p

if i recall right it's a cross buy title meaning if you got it on the ps3 you got it on the vita and vice versa, so if the ps3 version is $20 then the vita version should be $20 assuming i am remembering right :p

Target was getting rid of the game (PS3 Retail w/ cross buy) for $8.98. I kinda regret not picking it up when I saw it. I find it really weird that they we're clearancing it so soon after it came out.

my response to both of you is the same. You should just use amazon (or online stores in general) :p

I know uk amazon isn't quite as good as USA amazon but it should still be easier to find the games you want on amazon then running around in stores.

for the second person, if you can order it on amazon it's likely on a cart :p

Amazon is usually my first port of call. No problem if I'm pre-ordering/buying around the release of a game, but any later and it's "hello, inflated prices" so favoured by those loveable marketplace seller rogues.

kiyomi

I just think that's a bigger problem with the current UK economic climate. Dedicated videogame stores are struggling right now and from what I've seen they're increasingly risk averse, too. At my local GAME they have about 4 slim shelves catered for the Vita, and a portion of that are a couple of display boxes for the system itself, leaving room for probably <12 games. And of course, you know which ones they promote best. I'm not even sure if I've seen a copy of GR instore beyond its' initial week of sale.

I'm not massively into DD myself either and (to me) it's pretty sad to see that it just seems to be the catch-all supermarkets are the ones who are able carry stock that they are more willing to put on the shelves and hold on to it for longer. Not that they're particularly helping, though, and as a result I tend to do most of my shopping online, although ironically less and less on Amazon.

Anyway, we're straying a bit off topic here.

What are people looking forward to in February? Personally I can't say that much. Probably the only Vita game I'm getting is Technika Tune which should arrive next week, hopefully, but that isn't a "February game".

mauaus

Dont know if this was posted before, patch 1.05:
Raiden - Changed reaction on forward throw from crumple to flatten.
Kratos - Combat grapple recovery time on block and whiff increase. Combat grapple homing angle has been decreased.
Drake - Increased start up on cover wall.

General
- Network Stability improvements.
- 2v2 Match Summary disconnect fix.
- AP Orbs not always awarded online fix.
- Store Button added to the Main Menu.
- Removed ability to chain Blind Fire to Run and Gun Retreat to eliminate inescapable online loop (should be on Drake's section).
- Fix to ensure all players will be awarded proper titles at the end of a season.
- Fixed belt display on the Quick Match loading screen.

The character selection reticule has been upgraded on the PS3. The music sometimes cuts out entirely when in a lobby or in the menus I've noticed.

If you notice little things that weren't in the patch notes share them here and I'll try to update them here. Thanks for sharing all the updates around everyone, be sure to post your thoughts below!

For anyone interested Tesco in the UK currently have a £5 off £25 spend code

Quote for code.

Means you can pick up Little Kings Story for £21 which I've decided to do, been thinking about picking it up for a while now but put off by the price of it.

rCIZZLE

as for gravity rush, it was one of the games I got the vita for.... I need to finish persona 3 and get to it already.

This was me up until a few days ago. Actually I was probably much worse as I played a good 10 games before I started Gravity Rush, the one I was most looking forward to. Just a few hours in and I've really been taking my time to savor the experience. Seems like it's going way too quick already.

kiyomi

For anyone interested Tesco in the UK currently have a £5 off £25 spend code

Quote for code.

Means you can pick up Little Kings Story for £21 which I've decided to do, been thinking about picking it up for a while now but put off by the price of it.

Thanks for the heads up - I went and checked, Tesco say NLKS is 'unavailable'.

Noi said:
Because my expectations are the complete opposite of most people's:

Via DD? Aaaand I bet neither will be available in the EU.

What are people looking forward to in February? Personally I can't say that much. Probably the only Vita game I'm getting is Technika Tune which should arrive next week, hopefully, but that isn't a "February game".

For February...I'm looking forward to Sly 4.
Currently playing playing Persona 4 so that should keep me busy for a while.

Urban Trials looks cool
Guacamele should be out by then too

Tomodachi

So correct me if I'm wrong here please. The procedure to switch a memory card (let's call it EUcard) with a different one associated to another account (let's call it UScard) is simply:
1) remove EUcard with system off, turn on system;
2) format => restore psvita;
3) insert UScard.
Then to go back to EUcard I just remove UScard, restore psvita again and insert EUcard.

Am I doing this right? That's it? No way to avoid restoring psvita, right?

VanWinkle

Urban Trials looks really good, but it also looks like it may be sub-native from the aliasing style. I'd love to be wrong though, and I'll get it regardless, as long as the reviews are positive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell are people spending 100 hours on P4G? I just finished it with the (sort of end spoilers)
bad ending
at 34 hours. This is my first time through the game. There's no way the
true ending
will double my playtime, even then.

What the hell are you people DOING in the game that makes it take so long?

Sid

How the hell are people spending 100 hours on P4G? I just finished it with the (sort of end spoilers)
bad ending
true ending

Playing basketball since we know basketballs don't hold grudges

IDK

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Playing basketball since we know basketballs don't hold grudges

IDK

!!!

I played Basketball too. I maxed social links, I did a lot of reading, it just...there's no way that game will ever be on the end of the 100 hour block. I don't understand.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
!!!

I played Basketball too. I maxed social links, I did a lot of reading, it just...there's no way that game will ever be on the end of the 100 hour block. I don't understand.
Easy? I'm At 30 hours and still at R
ise's dungeon.
Grinding/Persona fusing takes its toll.

Sid

!!!

I can't understand how someone can play P4G this series is so damn boring,shouting "DUCT TAPE R U SRS! DUCT TAPE!!" is actually better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Easy? I'm At 30 hours and still at R
ise's dungeon.
Grinding/Persona fusing takes its toll.

I don't know how you're there. That feels like a lifetime ago. And I did my time, I'm playing on Normal...I dunno. I got nothin.

I can't understand how someone can play P4G this series is so damn boring,shouting "DUCT TAPE R U SRS! DUCT TAPE!!" is actually better.

MxCols0.jpg

Sid

I don't know how you're there. That feels like a lifetime ago. And I did my time, I'm playing on Normal...I dunno. I got nothin.

MxCols0.jpg
You're supposed to be fwand,what kind of post is this?

Seriously I tried P3 I didn't like it,pretty much done with every Vita game (16) I have too,waiting for NGS2+.

Thx for the vids.

Wonko_C

bad ending
true ending

lgXF8IM.jpg

And damn proud of it. ;)

Ponn

Banned
bad ending
true ending

Well you obviously missed at least
two dungeons with a third dungeon possible, two more months of interactions and the new Golden winter event.
so yea, you missed more then credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom