• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not accusing you of anything, and I understand she's a relic. ( maybe... a lot of the xmen are a relic of the 90's and actually that great ). I was just saying when I actually internalized what she was, she stopped being hot to me. Quick way to make a character unattractive to me, make them uncool.

Nah, she's kind of the worst and is cultural appropriation at a high level. Also she's not really that cool, and she was only closed to being cool like... recently. Way after marvel 2 came out.

You could argue she is weeaboo prime.
She was cool in MSH which is where at least 90% of my familiarity of her stems from, lol

Someone on twitter decided to edit in the hard shadows and outlines from marvel 3

C-XjbvAXsAAFT6R.jpg

Looks far better.

Coda

RkntGB2.jpg

I added some more light and color saturation to this screenshot and it looks hella better. I'm I really gonna have to boost the shit out of my saturation setting on my TV just to make this game look colorful?

Renekton

I just wish the game was brighter and more detailed. It's just so visually bland :-/

I just aint feeling it, which is a shame since I absolutely adore the vs. franchise.
They look like RL Hot Toys converted in-game. I think Marvel just wants to sell collectibles.

HardRojo

Hopefully we get some hefty information regarding system mechanics and a better video to judge the graphics during gameplay. Also that SFV Ed trailer.

RkntGB2.jpg

I added some more light and color saturation to this screenshot and it looks hella better. I'm I really gonna have to boost the shit out of my saturation setting on my TV just to make this game look colorful?

You gotta post the original so we can compare easier!

Neoxon

Somethings telling me we are going to get a small roster. I hope I'm wrong though.
Considering that they're building off of UMvC3 animations, I'd be surprised if the base roster was smaller. As mentioned before, it's not like SFV where everything's remade from scratch.

Maybe it won't have 50+ characters, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Day 1 roster ends up being in the high 30's or low 40's.

Coda

Considering that they're building off of UMvC3 animations, I'd be surprised if the base roster was smaller. As mentioned before, it's not like SFV where everything's remade from scratch.

Maybe it won't have 50+ characters, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Day 1 roster ends up being in the high 30's or low 40's.

I'm not sure about that, but I'd love to be wrong. I'm thinking 25 max at launch. This game is in it for the long haul just like SF V.

Coda

But again, SFV started from zero, MvCI isn't.

True but it is Capcom we're talking about, anything could happen. The DLC characters as a start is a bad look for the game, why can't we get all the characters from the start, maybe have one or two DLC characters not six. Either way I get suckered into it every time because I love Capcom fighting games the most, except for SF V in recent memory. Also considering they're using a new engine and are making the game in-house this time around I'm sure the transition was not an easy one for Capcom and it shows in some of what we've seen so far such as the UI, bland backgrounds, some wonky animations and lack of a real definitive artstyle. There's definitely some reused assets but overall I think Capcom is gonna drip feed us characters for quite some time with this game and will be taking a similar approach to SF V in terms of making this game a service/model instead of a standalone game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
True but it is Capcom we're talking about, anything could happen. The DLC characters as a start is a bad look for the game, why can't we get all the characters from the start, maybe have one or two DLC characters not six. Either way I get suckered into it every time because I love their games.

no it isnt, you can keep trying to spin that narrative all you want like we are back in 2008 and Horse Armor shocked the world, but its 2017 and season passes announced with the games is par for the course.

Unless you want to say that its a bad look for the industry because every game does it.

Neoxon

True but it is Capcom we're talking about, anything could happen. The DLC characters as a start is a bad look for the game, why can't we get all the characters from the start, maybe have one or two DLC characters not six. Either way I get suckered into it every time because I love Capcom fighting games the most, except for SFV in recent memory.
We don't even know if the DLC will be there on Day 1. It could be unfinished for all we know.

Neonep

True but it is Capcom we're talking about, anything could happen. The DLC characters as a start is a bad look for the game, why can't we get all the characters from the start, maybe have one or two DLC characters not six. Either way I get suckered into it every time because I love Capcom fighting games the most, except for SF V in recent memory.
On the flip side them saying 6 could just be them showing the commitment. Also we don't know how those 6 will be spread out.

Sesha

They're referencing the UMvC3 animations, not porting them directly from the old engine. It's still remade from scratch. At least, according to what SneakersSO is saying.

True but it is Capcom we're talking about, anything could happen. The DLC characters as a start is a bad look for the game, why can't we get all the characters from the start, maybe have one or two DLC characters not six.

We won't get any DLC characters from the start. The characters likely won't be done until weeks/months after release. Maybe one or two will be ready near release, and that would be slightly shitty of them to charge for. But still. Unless they delayed the game, they'd still be post-launch content.

Coda

no it isnt, you can keep trying to spin that narrative all you want like we are back in 2008 and Horse Armor shocked the world, but its 2017 and season passes announced with the games is par for the course.

Unless you want to say that its a bad look for the industry because every game does it.

But it wasn't par for the course in fighting games until very recently. Any fighting game you bought day one last gen was the full game and then down the line you'd either get a DLC character or two or a full fledged updated version of the game 3-4 years later, or in MvC3's case only 7-8 months later. All I'm trying to say is that I wish fighting games stayed more pure. You are absolutely right in saying that this is what it's gonna be now, it just kind of is bad for the consumer in the long run and when it comes to fighting games.

Looks as fun as 3, for sure. I really can't wait for confirmation on the controls, though. I have no shame in saying three-button layout like the last game would sell me on Infinite day one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But it wasn't par for the course in fighting games until very recently. Any fighting game you bought day one last gen was the full game and then down the line you'd either get a DLC character or two or a full fledged updated version of the game 3-4 years later, or in MvC3's case only 7-8 months later. All I'm trying to say is that I wish fighting games stayed more pure. You are absolutely right in saying that this is what it's gonna be now, it just kind of is bad for the consumer in the long run and when it comes to fighting games.

but would a new version really be preferable?

how many blazblues do we need? how many guity gears? with many of them barely being actual sequels :/

Kashiwaba

how many blazblues do we need? how many guity gears? with many of them barely being actual sequels :/

I don't know why people hate SFV model? Do you rather buying a new game every year or having the option to either just buy the new characters or earn them for free I unlocked 6 characters for free on SFV and i still have 300k to unlock 3 more characters but I'm going to get S2 pass instead to support the game and use my fight money for cosmetic stuff instead (and yes i know I'm one of the people who play a lot so i can unlock all players for free, but even players who don't play as much can unlock 3 or 4 characters for free after few hours).

Coda

I guess it's all up to preference. I too thought I wanted away with that type of updating but now I feel like I miss it. It would rebuild a lot of hype for that game that I think DLC has a harder time doing, it always felt like a new game was coming out in a way. Vanilla SF IV had such a boost of energy when SSFIV was released. SF V has jaded me about it because of how un-hype new content feels in the game, it's all too spaced out for me to really care. If MvC Infinite ships bare bones like SF V I'll be salty, I do have hope it won't be bare bones but I've just been disappointed in the past.

I'd rather a new game/ultimate edition than SF5's way. Reignites the community, a great deal when it comes to convincing friends not sold the first time, and overall better value.

In addition, when my friend is playing on my PS4 on his own account, he can't use the DLC characters. That's horseshit IMO

I don't know why people hate SFV model? Do you rather buying a new game every year or having the option to either just buy the new characters or earn them for free I unlocked 6 characters for free on SFV and i still have 300k to unlock 3 more characters but I'm going to get S2 pass instead to support the game and use my fight money for cosmetic stuff instead (and yes i know I'm one of the people who play a lot so i can unlock all players for free, but even players who don't play as much can unlock 3 or 4 characters for free after few hours).

I have nothing wrong with the model on paper it's just how Capcom executed it, and has proceeded with it.

Front loading the few modes with ingame currency, then asking us to grind out stages and characters while gaining 50FM a pop while the later costs 70,000 and 100,000 is pretty nuts. Adding in weekly trials for a few hundred maxing at 5000 helps but not that much.

AND NOW they are adding additional challenges for earning fight money, but they are behind a paywall... so why the hell am I paying to get boosts for ingame currency so I don't have to use real world currency to get this stuff...

Like I said on paper, golden. Their general plan for it though has been pretty slipshod the entire way and reeks of "we did not completely think it through." No matter how much I enjoy my time playing SFV, I fully admit to their being some flat out wonk to it all.

I'm curious about the content for Infinite. I know we're getting the basic stuff (Story, Arcade, Mission, etc), but I wonder if there's more to it than that.

I'd rather a new game/ultimate edition than SF5's way. Reignites the community, a great deal when it comes to convincing friends not sold the first time, and overall better value.

In addition, when my friend is playing on my PS4 on his own account, he can't use the DLC characters. That's horseshit IMO

It kind of separates the community too though, with Super and Ultra Versions.

It kind of separates the community too though, with Super and Ultra Versions.

They don't have to split the communities. For example with GGXRD Rev2 you'll still be able to play with people on Rev1.

But i still think the SFV model is the best one for fighting games. They just need to work on how to maintain hype for the seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom