• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII (PC/PS4/XB1, Nov 3) Info: Campaign, Zombies, MP, Trailer, More

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Two questions:

1). How violent and "visceral" will this game be? Are we talking a Saving Private Ryan/Hacksaw Ridge level of blood & gore?

2). Was that PS4 Pro footage shown in the trailer?

Pretty damn violent.

2017-04-2619_36_59-of3cub7.png

It also says 1940 is the start, which likely means Dunkirk or/and The Battle of Britain. Probably both. Poland was '39.

Probably Dunkirk, unless they built a flight sim for this game, which is unlikely. Plus, we've known about Christopher Nolan's upcoming Dunkirk film for years, so I'm sure Sledgehammer would love to capitalize on that film as some free advertising for a CoD:WWII mission.

Yu Furealdo

Single player should be interesting, but what I'm dying to know more about is the multiplayer. They mentioned a war mode but it just sounds like Battlefield :/

If this game it too much like Battlefield, I'm out. I want it to be fresh but still CoD at its core.

Matticers

I'm certainly liking what I see so far and I'm definitely looking forward to this. I don't doubt the campaign will be solid based on what they've shown and told us so far so as long as they come through with some good multiplayer action, they've got me again. And I hope they deliver on that front because IW's multiplayer was atrocious.

Falchion

With Sony marketing, i doubt they would let MS have enhancements outside of true 4k @60fps but you never know.

Do the marketing agreements have any sway over development? I honestly don't know but that would be really interesting if true.

This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen.

*rest of copypasta*

Lmao

Anyone got the source for this fresh GAF meme?

I want my switch announcement dammit

OP, you forgot to include "Switch" in the thread title.

First stage: denial

How could you forget that Treyarch ported games by IW to Wii and Wii U?

Also the original Wii/Wii U team was disbanded years ago, after Ghosts, but neither deconfirms switch getting cod on switch this year. Activision calls all the shots.

Activision would be stupid not to port it on the switch this year.

Lol, I think some of you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Especially given Sledgehammer haven't done Nintendo ports of their games in the past. Maybe if the Switch actually had power parity with PS4/XB1, the prospect would be more likely, but until then...

jEdsAfD.png

Raide

Do the marketing agreements have any sway over development? I honestly don't know but that would be really interesting if true.

I guess a parity thing is in order, based around a standard PS4 and XB1. Outside of resolution, texture details etc, i don't think they will have much more.

Would love to see more Scorpio options to tweaks the settings further, pc game style, which would be great.

meanspartan

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of European and American history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the Second World War.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

Is this satire?

Yu Furealdo

Should it be assumed that the regular MP modes will be in this?

Probably, but I imagine that if they have huge maps for the war mode, then it might be like bf1 where they just cut chunks out of the big maps into smaller ones for modes such as team deathmatch. If so then I'll be disappointed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So now war is ok again? Battlefield 1 got blasted for using a real war as a game.

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of European and American history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the Second World War.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

jelly

With Sony marketing, i doubt they would let MS have enhancements outside of true 4k @60fps but you never know.

I don't think it works that way. How they go about telling consumers the Scorpio has this and that, I don't know but I seriously doubt marketing contract dictates what devs do with a Scorpio version and anyway, won't it just be PC version more or less. What are people expecting of Scorpio multiplatform games.

El_Chino

Welp, sounds like the first CoD I pass on in some time.

It's literally 2005 all over again with some tweaks for the modern day.

And zombies? Again? Seriously?

Raide

I don't think it works that way. How they go about telling consumers the Scorpio has this and that, I don't know but I seriously doubt marketing contract dictates what devs do with a Scorpio version and anyway, won't it just be PC version more or less. What are people expecting of Scorpio multiplatform games.

Tough call. Some expect amazing leaps over the PS4, others that it will be exactly the same. The truth is probably down the middle.

With a 3rd party title like CoD, they will possibly do what they need to run on both Pro and Scorpio without much to differentiate.

Top Bottom