• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

overcast

Fuck, Fez and Mark of the Ninja on sale... That Fez price is almost too good to pass up. I have 4 cents in my bank account.

Just bought it. I'm trusting you.

it's a great game, one of my games of the year.

I'm here to tell everyone to buy Bully. It's a fantastic game, my favorite from Rockstar (although I haven't fully played Read Dead Redemption, just started it).

it's definitely one of their best and it is a great offer at its current price with the disc versions selling for £20 in the uk, if you can actually find a non scratched copy of it that is.

Slygmous

The xbldb site lists the Rockstar price changes as live now, but only 33% off. I checked Midnight Club here in Australia and it's $10/640 points.

Just bought HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, Mark of the Ninja and Trine 2. Spectacular deals!

Just waiting for Dust and Skyrim DLC to go on sale.

Shoogoo

Is Trine 2 on WiiU significantly better? I was going to buy it there, but for 400pts I might as well take the xbox route instead.

Is Trine 2 on WiiU significantly better? I was going to buy it there, but for 400pts I might as well take the xbox route instead.

no its NOT.

The difference between 5 dollars and 20 is a lot, don't bother with the Wii U version, PLUS You get achievements with the 360 version.

Shoogoo

What's the difference between them beside touch controls?

edit: on my phone at work, can't be arsed checking the internet. Thanks guys :)

Slygmous

What's the difference between them beside touch controls?

edit: on my phone at work, can't be arsed checking the internet. Thanks guys :)

Graphically it's slightly better, it has the expansion included, and will have new exclusive content added later. I think that was it.

diggler41

Sweet. Gonna grab Fez for 400msp. Can't pass that up. Hmmmm I should have some leftover msp from awhile ago. Good. Rest of my money is already going to the Steam sale. No need to spend cash when I got.........300msp? WTF?! Noooo!

Izick

So I'm definitely picking up Mark of the Ninja, that's an easy buy at a very good price. Now, I really don't want to spend any more money on points, so I'm thinking about buying Fez, or waiting for Dust (I'm assuming it will be 600 MSP).

So, I was thinking about buying Fez but...I'm still not sure what the fuck it is. Everything I hear about it is so ambiguous. It's a platformer, right? But there's like a deeper, meta-game level to it all right? Is that necessary or what? Can anyone help me out on this?

Socreges

Banned
So I'm definitely picking up Mark of the Ninja, that's an easy buy at a very good price. Now, I really don't want to spend any more money on points, so I'm thinking about buying Fez, or waiting for Dust (I'm assuming it will be 600 MSP).

So, I was thinking about buying Fez but...I'm still not sure what the fuck it is. Everything I hear about it is so ambiguous. It's a platformer, right? But there's like a deeper, meta-game level to it all right? Is that necessary or what? Can anyone help me out on this?
I'm also curious. The demo is extremely short and didn't give me a very good idea of where the challenge comes from, whether from the platforming or from puzzles.

Krilekk

Banned
Damn. Bought Bully, Lego Harry Potter, Lego Indy 2, Lego Pirates, Lego Star Wars III, Rayman Origins today. And Trials Evolution Riders of Doom. Guess I don't spend anything on Steam this year.

richi_one

Bought Mark of the Ninja and Plants Vs Zombies. Waiting for Dust, Trials Evolution and Walking Dead ep 1 (free).
Interested in Joe Danger 2 too.

Galdelico

Already got Mark of the Ninja a couple of weeks ago (loving it) and I bought Fez last summer (hated it with a passion... I know I've been unlucky, but for me it's been nothing more than a buggy mess): I'm tempted by Hell Yeah! but the consensus kinda blocks me from instabuying it... I enjoyed the demo but I keep reading the game is boring, it has stupid checkpoints and it just doesn't play that well on the medium/long term. :/

Also, Trine 2 price is awesome: back then I've seen the game running on the PC before trying it out on consoles and, yeah, it looked so blurry to me I couldn't entirely appreciate it. I may give it another spin, just to see if the drop in resolution will have the same impact on me.

RustyO

Clay Davis said:
Fantastical said:
I'm here to tell everyone to buy Bully. It's a fantastic game, my favorite from Rockstar (although I haven't fully played Read Dead Redemption, just started it).

it's definitely one of their best and it is a great offer at its current price with the disc versions selling for £20 in the uk, if you can actually find a non scratched copy of it that is.

Whats the loading like on it? Already have it on PS3; but the long load times between each section frustrate me...

Clunker

I'm also curious. The demo is extremely short and didn't give me a very good idea of where the challenge comes from, whether from the platforming or from puzzles.
Fez is barely a platformer - think of it as a puzzle game that uses platformer controls, kind of like how Adventures of LoLo uses a Zelda-style perspective. It's more of a puzzle/adventure game - you traverse a huge world and solve puzzles to collect cubes. It's fantastic, and the soundtrack alone is likely worth the buy, but I certainly wouldn't go in expecting a platformer challenge.

There are essentially different "tiers" of puzzles. I suppose some people might consider this a spoiler, so:
First there are the whole "traverse the world to collect cubes in the environment" puzzles, and you see these in the demo - rotate the world and manipulate the perspective to move around and pick them up. Then there's a second tier of more Myst-style logic-ish puzzles, ones that don't require any kind of platformer skills and require more abstract thinking. Lastly, there are a handful of uber-crazy puzzles, ones that require things like cryptology and some outside research - this last tier isn't necessary to actually complete the game, so it really just seems like an insane Easter egg hunt for people that want to 100% things and like the thrill of exploring everything.

Card Boy

Banned
Now Im not sure i want Trials on XBLA with the Gold Edition coming out on PC with every level from both Evo and HD. I might skip it.

Wow so it seems £19.99 IS the sale price for Rayman Origins. Fuck you then Microsoft, I will pay like a quarter of that when it goes on sale in steam or elsewhere.

Leflus

Just bought Mark of the Ninja and Max Payne 3. I'm loving the sale so far. :)

Edit: MP3 is really cheap on the Norwegian marketplace. At least compared to the price in the OP.

Some great deals here. Is it possible to 'gift' these purchases? If so, how? (edit: no way of gifting it seems.)

Edit: MP3 is really cheap on the Norwegian marketplace. At least compared to the price in the OP.

99 Kr! dæven, det var ikke verst..

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just bought Mark of the Ninja and Max Payne 3. I'm loving the sale so far. :)

It seems Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire are discounted already, at least in some regions. Showing up at 1200 allards each over here, and that's not their regular prices.

Slygmous

Bully is great! I can't believe I've been missing out on it all this time. I got some bizarre black screen bug which required a game restart, but I took that as a sign to stop playing and go to sleep.

The music is amazing! Amazing!

no its NOT.

The difference between 5 dollars and 20 is a lot, don't bother with the Wii U version, PLUS You get achievements with the 360 version.

You also get the Goblin Menace DLC with the Wii U version, plus one extra Wii U exclusive level. Also, they have been talking about having a sale on the Wii U version in North America (there is already a sale going on for it in Europe).

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Just picked up Fez, HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit & Mark of the Ninja and now looking at this back cat that is looking even worse put at these prices who cares.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yea wtf at the rayman price actually being £19.99 it was £29.99

Seanspeed

Banned
Now Im not sure i want Trials on XBLA with the Gold Edition coming out on PC with every level from both Evo and HD. I might skip it.

How do you even play Trials on the PC? Seems like the game would be impossibly more difficult without analog triggers for the throttle.

EDIT: Unless it supports the 360 gamepad, obviously! lol

no its NOT.

I've heard the Wii U version has much more content in it. Also, listing achievements as a reason to why the game is better is ridiculous. A game isn't better because it has achievements. All I can think of is how ridiculous it sounds.

Your first point is really valid though. I have 420 points so I think I'm going to go for this. There's no way it's going to be that cheap on a Nintendo console. Quite frankly I'm surprised it's 400 on 360 too; I thought it would be 600. But yeah, probably going to bite on it.

LosDaddie

Banned
DLed Mark of the Ninja this morning before work. I'm thinking about Hell Yeah!, but I need to watch a couple vids on it.

Great sales so far. :)

Last I checked Rayman Origins was local multiplayer only. I haven't heard anything about online co-op ever being added sadly. Been a month or so since I booted it though so maybe someone else will have more info.

That's a bummer, and a deal breaker for me. Online co-op would've made it an insta-buy for me

LkPr

I'm looking at picking up Skyrim on Boxing day (best price I have seen so far is $29.99 at Walmart) so I'm hoping the DLC has a good discount. I wonder if Skyrim GoD will be cheaper then the Boxing Day sales...

Bought Bully on disc at launch but went ahead and purchased the digital version. Heck I haven't even finished the game and I remember it being awesome so definetly going to be playing this soon as I finish Black Ops 2. Also bought Mark of The Ninja and will pick up the Rage and Sleeping Dogs DLC. I have waaaaaayyyyy too much shit to play. Better get it in before me and the wife's baby is born mid next year!

bryanee

How long do these prices last for? I picked up Bully and Sonic 4 part 2 yesterday but I dont have anymore points and I'd like to pick up a couple of todays low price games.

fatty

Grrr, my Xbox Live Gold account expired on....12/19. With how much I was online last year, I don't think it is worth getting a new membership just for the deals, gotta check to see if I can find a one month membership.

Top Bottom