• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

SonnyBoy

An acquaintance of mine who is privy to such information said that there's a strong possibility that the The League and Skins/Boys alliance will settle before arbitration. The two teams would receive some portions of their cap space back.

Time will tell though...

Alright sounds like we got our bet for this year. I will bet that the 9ers will either miss the playoffs entirely, or lose a playoff game this upcoming season, and you bet that they will make the playoffs and not lose any playoff games. Loser wears an avatar picked by the winner until the first preseason game the following year, deal?

He can't actually make this bet because I already made the same exact one with him, lol.

And it's actually humorous FMT.

Just saw this stat. Romo's passer rating when targeting the various receivers last season. Once we cut Ogletree, we'll be unstoppable. Oh and, enjoy Martellus Bennett Giants fans.

Dez Bryant - 110.8
Jason Witten - 97.91
Laurent Robison - 131.06
Miles Austin - 117.7
Kevin Ogletree - 45.83
Martellus Bennett - 51.38

Ænima

Just saw this stat. Romo's passer rating when targeting the various receivers last season. Once we cut Ogletree, we'll be unstoppable. Oh and, enjoy Martellus Bennett Giants fans.

Dez Bryant - 110.8
Jason Witten - 97.91
Laurent Robison - 131.06
Miles Austin - 117.7
Kevin Ogletree - 45.83
Martellus Bennett - 51.38
Romo is the only quarterback I know that can consistently put up amazing passer rating numbers, but still completely suck. I don't know how he does it.

Ænima;37584982 said:
Romo is the only quarterback I know that can consistently put up amazing passer rating numbers, but still completely suck. I don't know how he does it.

mostly because romo will have a game crippling int late in the game. 1 int usually doesn't kill your QB rating

mostly because romo will have a game crippling int late in the game. 1 int usually doesn't kill your QB rating

Shouldn't it be enough to ruin his 4th quarter QB rating though? Hint: Romo's passer rating in the 4th quarter is fantastic. But I know that Romo won't get respect around here until the Cowboys win something. Still though, I think Romo is the best QB in the NFL that hasn't yet won a Superbowl.

Hanging in Jersey at my goddaughter's first communion. You can tell you're in Jersey looking around the church, because hair spray/gel companies sell more product in this state than all other states combined.

Gigglepoo

Shouldn't it be enough to ruin his 4th quarter QB rating though? Hint: Romo's passer rating in the 4th quarter is fantastic. But I know that Romo won't get respect around here until the Cowboys win something. Still though, I think Romo is the best QB in the NFL that hasn't yet won a Superbowl.

When a veteran quarterback continually loses in the biggest games, it's usually because he has some fatal flaw.

he single handedly cost the cowboys the playoffs when he choked against the lions so there's that

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thanks for the help on the previous page. I posted then promptly fell asleep since I went to Avengers at midnight the night before.

I should have qualified, my cable bill will be $180 for two boxes, one dvr, Internet, and phone since my triple play package will be expiring.

The YES network caveat is fucked up. I'd have done the $115 per season no problem, but $165 is stupid. I'm really not interested in having to find streams for Knicks/Rangers.

Interesting qualification. :jnc

Ænima

Its not always an interception in the 4th quarter though. Sometimes its a fumble. Sometimes he will miss a wide open reciever that could seal the game, then that reciever will have to take the blame for it in the media afterwords just so Romo's little feelings aren't hurt. Its always something with him.

Thanks for the help on the previous page. I posted then promptly fell asleep since I went to Avengers at midnight the night before.

I should have qualified, my cable bill will be $180 for two boxes, one dvr, Internet, and phone since my triple play package will be expiring.

The YES network caveat is fucked up. I'd have done the $115 per season no problem, but $165 is stupid. I'm really not interested in having to find streams for Knicks/Rangers.

Interesting qualification. :jnc

Your building only has one cable company available?

Like I said I know that until Romo wins it all he won't get any respect around here. But would it really shock anyone to see Romo succeed if he played on a team with a great defense and an o-line that doesn't get him killed?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You just gave SNES a boner.

Is that a chalupa in your pocket, or are you just happy to see a taco?

Ænima;37585870 said:
Its not always an interception in the 4th quarter though. Sometimes its a fumble. Sometimes he will miss a wide open reciever that could seal the game, then that reciever will have to take the blame for it in the media afterwords just so Romo's little feelings aren't hurt. Its always something with him.

fafEV.jpg

I seriously almost feel bad for the guy. Just snake bitten. It's the curse of Jessica Simpson!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just ate at a Bob Evans with my girlfriend. I didn't even know those still existed. Sausage and Gravy over biscuits are delicious though.

edit: what the fuck person above from me, what the fuck. Romo is an amazing, soon to be superbowl winning QB; don't feel sorry for the man who's going to plow you and every other sorry ass team out there next year!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Your building only has one cable company available?

It's a house. If I wanted to I could go with a dish/Internet combo but I'm not looking to put a holes in my roof.

Ænima;37585870 said:

Like when Romo missed Miles Austin and the Giants won the game, subsequently won the division, then the playoffs?

Gigglepoo

Like I said I know that until Romo wins it all he won't get any respect around here. But would it really shock anyone to see Romo succeed if he played on a team with a great defense and an o-line that doesn't get him killed?

Flawed QBs need everyone else to play at an elite level to make up for their weaknesses

Flawed QBs need everyone else to play at an elite level to make up for their weaknesses

I don't remember the last Superbowl winning team that had a defense on the same level as the Cowboys D last year. Does that make all QBs flawed?

your season took a turn for the worse at that time. and injuries aren't an excuse in the nfl, sorry!

They went 5-2 after that until Garrett iced his own kicker. That is when the season took a turn for the worse.

And I'm not using it as an excuse, but it's no coincidence that once Romo stopped taking painkiller shots to play and took off the flak jacket that his play greatly improved last season. And who are are you to talk about excuses when you come up with plenty to excuse Alexis' play before last year.

I don't remember the last Superbowl winning team that had a defense on the same level as the Cowboys D last year. Does that make all QBs flawed?

football is the ultimate team game. you can make arguments either way. romo has an average defense but he has really good wr's. not every superbowl winning qb has the weapons that romo has but they still get the job done. don't act like romo is playing with a bunch of bums and the only reason they win the games they do is because of him

Gigglepoo

Great QBs cover for weaknesses in other areas. By asking for a great offensive line and a great defense (in addition to your already great receivers) you're ensuring every aspect of your team is great... except your flawed QB.

Ænima

Like when Romo missed Miles Austin and the Giants won the game, subsequently won the division, then the playoffs?
Yes that is what I was referring to. Then Austin had to say after the game that he "lost the ball in the lights" or some other nonsense to protect poor Tony.

Anyway it doesn't matter. All the other QBs in the East are getting old, soon RGIII will be the only relevant quarterback in the division as the Redskins dominate for the next 15 or so years.

football is the ultimate team game. you can make arguments either way. romo has an average defense but he has really good wr's. not every superbowl winning qb has the weapons that romo has but they still get the job done. don't act like romo is playing with a bunch of bums and the only reason they win the games they do is because of him

Hmm, I remember Romo took a guy that was cut multiple times last year(Laurent Robinson) and got him a 30+ million contract. I remember him playing just fine when Patrick Crayton, and drug lord Sam Hurd were his #2 and 3 WRs.

And cowboys only have one good WR, Miles Austin and he is injury-prone. Dez Bryant is literally retarded, he doesn't know where to line up and can only run 3-4 routes. And how many of you can even name the rest of the cowboys WRs?

And features some of our best work as well. Come support your friendly local Bay Area vfx company FMT! :p

What's your companies name? I saw one company's name in the credits that looked like an xbl gamer tag.

Also I was one of the few people who thought the legolas joke was funny, or got the reference.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Eli won the super bowl with what was probably the worst SB winning OL in history. That's a true boss right there.

There was a Thor one liner that I laughed at as well as a number of Hulk moments.

LukeSmith

Avengers was fine, if you just accept that half of them are complete shit.

Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America are the Jags, Browns and Rams of Super Heroes.

Top Bottom