• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Its funny to me that this is a thing, but its even funnier thinking about someone searching ebay for this ahha.

People usually charge insane amounts too. £20 for 1000/1000 is nothing compared to say, the £80 it normally costs.

Personally I just like the campaign so much haha

SwolBro

Banned
Speaking of paying for weird shit...

i'm so fed up that i will honestly pay someone from the PC community to find out the sensitivity values as they apply to advanced look controls. You PC guys can probably look at the code right? I will fucking pay someone to figure out the values. Seriously.

Respawn doesn't even bother giving you any type of detailed template to go by or indication of what the hell we're looking at in terms of where the sensitivity is, what curve is what, etc etc etc. "Oh you want to adjust your curve slightly between 6 and 7? well here you go spend endless hours trying to guess where you're at! it's part of the fun!" MIND BOGGLING.

They give you this feature and yet no one uses it because they don't want to bother dicking around with it for hours. So many people i play with has asked around for this very thing, no one knows. Everyone wants to use it and no one does.

It's a common theme with this dev studio. They lack any semblance of basic logic. Who thought that the settings would adjust based on your preset sensitivity? I sure as hell did and so did everyone else i've seen posting about it on reddit. You have "very high" as your setting, it should start you from VERY HIGH. Not default back to who the fuck knows.

Am i crazy for thinking this? Am i being entitled? It's ok to tell me if i am.

Izuna

Banned
I have an even stranger complaint. Since I use other people's accounts, I wish the Advanced Controls had numerical values.

Going all the way right and hitting left 11 steps is so old school lol

Smilebomb

Neo Member
Speaking of paying for weird shit...

i'm so fed up that i will honestly pay someone from the PC community to find out the sensitivity values as they apply to advanced look controls. You PC guys can probably look at the code right? I will fucking pay someone to figure out the values. Seriously.

Respawn doesn't even bother giving you any type of detailed template to go by or indication of what the hell we're looking at in terms of where the sensitivity is, what curve is what, etc etc etc. "Oh you want to adjust your curve slightly between 6 and 7? well here you go spend endless hours trying to guess where you're at! it's part of the fun!" MIND BOGGLING.

They give you this feature and yet no one uses it because they don't want to bother dicking around with it for hours. So many people i play with has asked around for this very thing, no one knows. Everyone wants to use it and no one does.

It's a common theme with this dev studio. They lack any semblance of basic logic. Who thought that the settings would adjust based on your preset sensitivity? I sure as hell did and so did everyone else i've seen posting about it on reddit. You have "very high" as your setting, it should start you from VERY HIGH. Not default back to who the fuck knows.

Am i crazy for thinking this? Am i being entitled? It's ok to tell me if i am.

Yes you are. It doesn't take 'hours' to do this. It takes like 15 minutes in a custom game...ONCE. Then you're set and never have to bother with it again.

They didn't have to give these advanced control options. This is not industry standard and I've never seen options this advanced before in shooters I've played. Could it have been better with values? Sure. But now it might take a whole 5 mins extra to get the settings right. Big....fucking...deal. I'm pretty sure it took them longer to implement all this than it takes for you to stop being a baby and test your setting for 5 extra minutes.

And of course you have to go on a condescending rant again. And you wonder why Respawn doesn't show up as much anymore. You often make good points but, you're always talking down on everyone and every fucking thing. If you would just make your points without being such an asshole, they'd respond to you more often. I'm pretty sure adding numerical values for the controls is very low on the to-do list. They got the functionality out the door, but not 10/10 in the UX department. But I guess that makes them a bunch of incompetent chimps in your eyes.

Izuna

Banned
Yes you are. It doesn't take 'hours' to do this. It takes like 15 minutes in a custom game...ONCE. Then you're set and never have to bother with it again.

They didn't have to give these advanced control options. This is not industry standard and I've never seen options this advanced before in shooters I've played. Could it have been better with values? Sure. But now it might take a whole 5 mins extra to get the settings right. Big....fucking...deal. I'm pretty sure it took them longer to implement all this than it takes for you to stop being a baby and test your setting for 5 extra minutes.

And of course you have to go on a condescending rant again. And you wonder why Respawn doesn't show up as much anymore. You often make good points but, you're always talking down on everyone and every fucking thing. If you would just make your points without being such an asshole, they'd respond to you more often. I'm pretty sure adding numerical values for the controls is very low on the to-do list. They got the functionality out the door, but not 10/10 in the UX department. But I guess that makes them a bunch of incompetent chimps in your eyes.

Waaaait a second, are you saying that the Advanced Controls were unnecessary? No game should ever force acceleration on the player and that's what it did prior to the patch. I'm just far too happy with it to ever care about any faults with its implementation. When you understand what the different settings mean, it's easy to cater to what you want.

SwolBro

Banned

I knew a post like this was coming. It's not 5min, i've had multiple people swear they got a particular sensitivity down and i test it and nope, it's not. And frankly after a certain point of pleading, asking, commenting, and 0 response, 0 acknowledgement you start to get tired. And it's not just this, it's a lot of other stuff boiling over and i'm not the only one losing patience.

You also do realize this is a product you pay for right? I paid the full price, i've paid for silly cosmetic stuff just cuz ya know support and all. This isn't something i got for free.

. When you understand what the different settings mean, it's easy to cater to what you want.
I know what the main stuff means, it's not hard to figure out. Getting it right is a whole other story. And having any type of doubt in your settings, especially aiming, can throw you off mentally.

Smilebomb

Neo Member
I knew a post like this was coming. It's not 5min, i've had multiple people swear they got a particular sensitivity down and i test it and nope, it's not. And frankly after a certain point of pleading, asking, commenting, and 0 response, 0 acknowledgement you start to get tired. And it's not just this, it's a lot of other stuff boiling over and i'm not the only one losing patience.

You also do realize this is a product you pay for right? I paid the full price, i've paid for silly cosmetic stuff just cuz ya know support and all. This isn't something i got for free.
So other people can get their sensitivity right, but you can't? I wonder whose fault that is. It must be Respawn.
You were the one asking if you were being entitled and I gave you an answer. Losing patience is not a valid excuse for being such a manchild. I hope you realize it will achieve the opposite of what you want.

Waaaait a second, are you saying that the Advanced Controls were unnecessary? No game should ever force acceleration on the player and that's what it did prior to the patch. I'm just far too happy with it to ever care about any faults with its implementation. When you understand what the different settings mean, it's easy to cater to what you want.
From Respawns point of view, yes it is. It's functionality that 99% of the community would ignore and nobody was even expecting. They could've scrapped it but they added it anyway. It's a little addition purely for the good of the player and I'll give them props for that.
And the rant wasn't meant for you. Values would've been nice, but it's good enough as is. I love the addition.

SwolBro

Banned
So other people can get their sensitivity right, but you can't? I wonder whose fault that is. It must be Respawn.
You were the one asking if you were being entitled and I gave you an answer. Losing patience is not a valid excuse for being such a manchild. I hope you realize it will achieve the opposite of what you want.

That's funny, why all the posts about it on reddit then if everyone seemed to figure it out? Why do i have multiple people asking me if i figured out what they all are? I'm assuming you tweaked your settings then? Please do share them and what sensitivity they're at. Prove yourself smart guy.

Tired of these types of posts from people. If you're going to say something prove it, or don't say anything. I see it on reddit all the time. "No, what you talking about i destroy people all the time that use the hemlok" ok, prove it then. Nothing but crickets after.

Alx

I always loved Boneyard because it was so different from the other maps (huge skeletons instead of only buildings, open map with so many sniping spots,...).
Any of the other maps is still welcome for diversity, but Boneyard is really unique. (so is Swamp, except that I don't really like that one)

Well, they promised a 'plethora' of fixes and improvements so I guess they're saying there's a chance. But no patch notes till next week it seems so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alx

I love the new executions (Titans included). :)
I think I prefer round-faced Northstar, but I'll still get the Prime I suppose, since it's the titan I use most.

SwolBro

Banned
Rise

I wonder why they removed them from the game in the first place.
Because they gave you a mini turret to carry around with you if you want.

Looks like the FNN is up as well: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/

But nothing particularly new or interesting there that we didn't already know about. Supposed roadmap in "early April".
We've been getting roadmaps for the supposed roadmap for months now but at least this could be interesting
In addition to this there will also be a patch with a plethora of bug fixes, balancing, and game improvements. We'll be releasing full patch notes closer to launch.

And i swear that 101 better not be any more effective than the 201 we already have now, if it starts cross mapping people like a G2 i'll lose it.

deicide2673

Neo Member
Not really interested in trailer, would like patch notes though. Is the Gen increase going to happen?
Been max Gen since before Christmas, just don't get why they don't just ramp it up to G50. I don't want any banners, patches or anything else.
I just like to chase the level.
I know people say just play for fun, I do but I would still like to level at nobody else's expense.

grendelrt

Not really interested in trailer, would like patch notes though. Is the Gen increase going to happen?
Been max Gen since before Christmas, just don't get why they don't just ramp it up to G50. I don't want any banners, patches or anything else.
I know people say just play for fun, I do but I would still like to level at nobody else's expense.

Holy shit max gen before Xmas??? That's crazyiness

deicide2673

Neo Member
Holy shit max gen before Xmas??? That's crazyiness

I know, it just shows how much I like this game. Normally I quit at max rank but I have a good group of guys I play with and it is really fun.........but we are getting a little restless and one old map is not really gonna do it lol.
I play a lot of BF and they seem to have it right. Max rank is a good slog and when you get there, they increase it. I like that, keeps me interested.

I need the good old days of playing a MP game for over 1000 hours, BF only really ever managed that lol.

P.S I'm a teacher, I get 18 weeks holiday a year, really helps the gaming time lol

Dez_

Colony trailer looks fantastic. Can't wait to run around on that map again.

As far as the R-101 goes, is the only thing different the Acog scope on the gun?

grendelrt

I know, it just shows how much I like this game. Normally I quit at max rank but I have a good group of guys I play with and it is really fun.........but we are getting a little restless and one old map is not really gonna do it lol.
I play a lot of BF and they seem to have it right. Max rank is a good slog and when you get there, they increase it. I like that, keeps me interested.

I need the good old days of playing a MP game for over 1000 hours, BF only really ever managed that lol.

P.S I'm a teacher, I get 18 weeks holiday a year, really helps the gaming time lol

Holy crap, yeah the problem with a game like this and that amount of time is the same as MMOs, they are probably never going to have enough content for you haha. I have prob 160ish hours in the game and thats a crap ton for me. I am Gen 10.32 now. I do feel like there should have been more content by now though. The biggest thing they did was the matchmaking update and that drastically helped refresh the game for me since I ddint have to play attrition all the time anymore.

Definitely picking up a couple prime titans and camo packs this time :O

Alx

Yeah, I don't really care about my level actually, but I'm maxed out too and it's a bit frustrating to see all those pointless merits at the end of each game. Even more so when there is double XP.
I suppose not too many people are 10.50 yet.

"New" map looks nice, can't wait to see what other things are planned out in the coming roadmap, maybe Chaingun, Quad Rocket and Arc Cannon Titans?

Yeah, I don't really care about my level actually, but I'm maxed out too and it's a bit frustrating to see all those pointless merits at the end of each game. Even more so when there is double XP

I'm Gen 10.50, and have over 100 Double XP bonus, I wish I can use them for Double Weapon XP

Gator86

Looks like the FNN is up as well: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/

But nothing particularly new or interesting there that we didn't already know about. Supposed roadmap in "early April".

tenor.gif

This mystical roadmap must be quite the single powerpoint slide.

Been a while since I've played. When did they change the loadout in Coliseum mode? This new one is way more fun. Is that something they're going to start switching up more often?

biteren

so with the inclusion of the R-101c theres only 1 more weapon we can get from Titanfall 1,
the Hammond P2011 sidearm.

maybe after that we will see some original weapons getting added.

edit: also one thing i noticed too is that the new weapons in Titanfall 2 stopped having number designations (i.e Volt, Devotion, Alternator, Mosambique). now im aware of Hemlok not having any in-game number besides maybe outside sources. Ultimately this isnt a issues of any kind because who cares and its probably easier to remember weapons with straight names.

SwolBro

Banned
Ok, hold up. You guys say i'm completely hyperbolic and rant induced.......

I spent 2 hours today doing this Advanced Look Control nonsense to get it just perfect. I finally think i got something really good for my pilot and THEN, THEN!!!!

Realize that for some MIND BOGGLING NO EXPLANATION REASON the Titan ADS with advanced controls disabled defaults your ADS speeds to the regular hipfire speeds for your Titan (which is ok, it's what everyone is now used to) BUT if you enable advanced controls the ADS speeds will mimic whatever your pilot speeds are set to within the advanced control settings.

LOL WHY? Really, WHY? I'm sorry but this company just throws shit out there half-assed all the time. This is ..... i don't even know anymore. Nothing they do makes any sense at all. I feel like they're a bunch of talented really cool guys that sit around putting things together they enjoy but with absolutely no leadership at all to keep things in-line and going smoothly. There's 0 management at that company. It's the only thing that would make any sense at all.

VeeP

Gotta say, trailer looked dope. Definitely excited for this and the Double XP week. Only thing is, I might be out of town that week, :'(.

And I'm really excited to see that Roadmap. Hopefully Respawn has some cool things in the works.

Arrrammis

I'm beginning to think this thread has a virus that jumps between person to person.

Pretty much. Also, since there's a month or more between updates, there's not much to talk about so a lot of folks (myself included) don't post much in the thread, leaving only a handful of folks posting, which means the same people make the same posts, argue over the same things, and the whole place eventually challenges the dead sea for the title of the saltiest place on earth.

Top Bottom