• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

seady

Just take a look at the monster list and you will be wow. All my friends are addicted to this game now (Japanese version, as it has more updated content and events).

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/Category:宠物

They even have Final Fantasy artists designed a bunch of monsters.

Pet458.png

Pet446.png

Pet468.png

xCobalt

Woo got a Parvati, wait its not a good god? Fuuuu
Honestly, I think gods are really overrated. The only one that I've found a use for is green Odin.

EDIT: Seems like new years day will grant 3x the chance for Greek and Norse god. Might be a good time for those desperate for a god and possibly go for green Odin.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Honestly, I think gods are really overrated. The only one that I've found a use for is green Odin.

EDIT: Seems like new years day will grant 3x the chance for Greek and Norse god. Might be a good time for those desperate for a god and possibly go for green Odin.

Heh, funny, after spending the weekend rerolling to get a decent starter I finally got a green Odin a few hours ago. Finally playing now, if anybody wants to add me my ID is 389,131,295.

Sheik

Yeah, tried to get it yesterday... but can't download it cause I'm in Canada. :/

Same. Oh well, not a big fan of IAP dependent games anyway. There is a clone called Dragems (iPhone only) on the Canadian App store though lol.

Shiryu

Neo Member
Just rolled a Freyr god egg from my rerolls. Do you guys reckon it's worth keeping or not? Even if it isn't in the tier list.
I'm pretty much in the same situation as Seraphis Cain, so anyone who can help us both out with an answer?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just rolled a Freyr god egg from my rerolls. Do you guys reckon it's worth keeping or not? Even if it isn't in the tier list.
I'm pretty much in the same situation as Seraphis Cain, so anyone who can help us both out with an answer?

If it helps, I decided to keep Freyr. Played through five dungeons, got five magic stones, did another rare pull, got lucky and got ANOTHER god, Susano. So I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. :D

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, managed to get enough stones for another crack at the rare egg machine, got a Marine Rider (dual element attacker).

Really doubt I can get enough stones for another try today, I'd like to get a god monster.

Kouriozan

Ok I'm gonna reroll too, my god monster is good and all but eat too much team cost.
I found some nice monsters that I can't put in my team because of that.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyway to get this on Android outside of the US?

Supposedly, if you've got a rooted android device, you can install a modified Google Play Store on it, that'll allow you to access all regions. Haven't tried it though.

Goli

I'm so glad this game finally got localized, it makes me feel like my posts about the Japanese version and how it was crack weren't so crazy after all ;_;.
But I think I may start over since I always spend all my Magic Stones on things I shouldn't according to the OP, and I'm starting to have trouble since I basically have a single monster that's the meat of my party.
Also, maybe someone should do a list with P&D players' Game Center names for the gift swapping and all that.

Kosh

This has been sitting on my iPad for a couple of weeks. Finally gave it a try after seeing this OT. Played through the tutorial and got a 3* Mermaid, guess I'll delete and retry. I can definitely see how this game can be addicting, seems like a lot of fun.

Kouriozan

Just got minerva on my 5th try. Not good enough for me, time to restart again! Today we have higher chances to get Odin.

Kinan

ok, i went trough the trouble creating fake US itunes account for this game. My ID is 383,337,295. Got Yomi on my first try, so just went ahead. Lets see if this will fill the rest of my holidays... :)

Just got minerva on my 5th try. Not good enough for me, time to restart again! Today we have higher chances to get Odin.
Green Odin and Blue Odin actually don't count as Norse Gods for some reason.
EDIT: Although those guys specifically also have boosted rates so yeahhh

I'd been saving up magic stones for today's boosted God chances; got nothing worthwhile >_>

Kouriozan

YEEEEEEEEEEEES I GOT GREEN ODIN!!!!! I accept any invite, my ID is 388,332,299. OMG I AM SO HAPPY!
I just used his skill, "inflict 20x your light attribute attack", I have 0 light attack and it just done 15k light damage! 0_o
Ok I figured it's 20x his attack but for light damage.

ParityBit

My main is a green dragon knight who is really nice (5*). I finally got a god on a rare role .... Minerva :(

I also ran out of stamina. I am currently rank 25.

Flunkie

Banned
Did the tutorial 5 times, best I got was a 4*.

Decided this wasn't the game for me.
You don't have to roll something amazing to have fun with it. I started out with a 4* a month ago not knowing it was really that deep and I've been having a blast for the most part.

Is Marine Rider worth anything really?

Also, are the starting dragons really that helpful once you get to levels 15+ (evolving them along the way) ?

xCobalt

Did the tutorial 5 times, best I got was a 4*.

Decided this wasn't the game for me.

Every monster you get from the rare egg machine is viable. It seems people have this notion that you can only do well with a god monster. Monsters with less stars are capable of evolving into something great...possibly even topping most god type monsters. The only thing I would advise against is getting a "Lil dragon" only because they have a good drop rate in special dungeons.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
You don't have to roll something amazing to have fun with it. I started out with a 4* a month ago not knowing it was really that deep and I've been having a blast for the most part.

Also, are the starting dragons really that helpful once you get to levels 15+ (evolving them along the way) ?

Yeah, you can still get those high level monsters. The only point of doing a reroll in the beginning is to just make the game easier. A "bad roll" just essentially means you're going to have to grind a lot harder.

A Marine Rider is a dual element, and those are nice to have if you want to be able to cover all the bases on your team.

To reroll do you need to completely start over or could you just backup the data prior to pulling the lever and restore it? 3 rerolls and the best I got is a ivory dragon

xCobalt

What number is Marine Rider?

I'm still using my starter dragon and I'm at about rank 85. If I couple its ability with another leader than can do 2x damage, its 4x the fire damage. Using that with a team of fire monsters with someone who can create fire orbs, the damage output is crazy.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
What number is Marine Rider?

I'm still using my starter dragon and I'm at about rank 85. If I couple its ability with another leader than can do 2x damage, its 4x the fire damage. Using that with a team of fire monsters with someone who can create fire orbs, the damage output is crazy.

Marine Rider (Green/Blue Attacker Type), No 382

xCobalt

Marine Rider (Green/Blue Attacker Type), No 382

Thanks. It's definitely useful to have monsters with more than one element. Makes it easier to take down dungeons where you can only do 1 damage. I got a team full of multi coloured Ogres and can do the Mask dungeon pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom