• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

cdkeys.com Mass Effect Andromeda for Windows pre-order $37.07 with code

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
CDkeys are great, keys are just retail copies from around the world, any time I've had to cancel a pre-order it was refunded in like 5 minutes.

Any official confirmation you can link to?

Why wouldn't it? It'll be cross platform and the last big bioware title, running on the same engine (frostbite) had it. I get you're looking for an official statement, but common sense would largely dictate it'll be there.

big_erk

Seens like a good deal. Maybe too cheap.

C2HB

Gren

I will also give a vote of confidence for their service as well, for what it's worth. I stupidly purchased an EU key which, of course, did not work for me (in the US). They promptly refunded me without any protest. And another time a rep helped me by re-sending a code that was scanned poorly in the first place. All around decent website.
Forgive the naivete, but when you try to activate region-locked games on Steam/Origin, does it just stop you with an error before it can fully redeem the code (ergo allowing the vendor to process a refund)? Also, are region-locks something a pub assigns before launch, or could they implement them arbitrarily at any time?

Not much experience with region-locks on PC, so I'd like to know what to expect if I were to purchase retail keys.

hwalker84

Why wouldn't it? It'll be cross platform and the last big bioware title, running on the same engine (frostbite) had it. I get you're looking for an official statement, but common sense would largely dictate it'll be there.

Neither Mass Effect 1,2, or 3 support the controller on PC. None of the Dragon Age titles do either. Common sense would tell me it wont support the PC since they haven't in the past. I think the last title on the PC they made that supports a controller was Jade Empire.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Neither Mass Effect 1,2, or 3 support the controller on PC. None of the Dragon Age titles do either. Common sense would tell me it wont support the PC since they haven't in the past. I think the last title on the PC they made that supports a controller was Jade Empire.

I'm pretty certain Dragon Age Inquisition has controller support on PC.

As someone who skipped over Mass Effect (own all them on PC, don't want to play them without the DLC, don't want to pay $80 in Bioware Points for all the DLC), Resident Evil 7 for $28.70 is the real deal here!

Mac Walters or Mike Gamble said the game would have controller support on PC.

dreamfall

As someone who skipped over Mass Effect (own all them on PC, don't want to play them without the DLC, don't want to pay $80 in Bioware Points for all the DLC), Resident Evil 7 for $28.70 is the real deal here!

Whoa, that's an amazing price... is it legit?

diaspora

Nah. Inquisition, the latest Bioware game has it.

Ghazi

I got them both for ~$65, it's pretty great.

Dragon Age Inquisition has full controller support.
Edit: beaten...

AHA-Lambda

*ahem*

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226886489&postcount=502

Be forewarned that we're clamping down on gray market key resellers. Don't know where they're sourcing their keys from, but certain retail keys such as ones sourced from Russia, India, S/E Asia, and so on will have activation and runtime lock.

Caveat emptor.

They want my phone number. Why the fuck can't they just give me the code?

Yeah, I've heard of this happening in the past. Seems suspect to me, cos I have no idea why they'd want it.

Yeah, if it ain't clear yet, I don't trust this site and yet it has gained an air of acceptability here that something like G2A doesn't get.

Gestault

They want a phone number for an individual purchase, or for an account recovery function?

I've used them for a few months now with no incident (both PC and XB1 purchases) and have a pretty positive impression, but that sounds odd to me.

Mergesort

They want a phone number for an individual purchase, or for an account recovery function?

I've used them for a few months now with no incident (both PC and XB1 purchases) and have a pretty positive impression, but that sounds odd to me.

For the purchase. I have no account, i paid via Paypal and therefore want a code to my paypal e-mail. Am i expecting to much?

Head.spawn

That Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition game is also like $3.50 there or some shit, if you haven't bought it already, fuck that's an easy decision.

Mad Max also pretty cheap.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Where do you input the code? I didn't see any options for it during checkout.

Honestly, I wasn't sure. I had tried to test the code at Checkout and clicked Paypal. It completed the purchase, which I didn't want, without the code. The site is blocked where I work, so I can't check or use their support area to find out.

For those concerned.. I wanted to cancel the order since I already have the Playstation 4 version preordered at an equal discount and was only trying to test the code. A single email to their support and by the end of the day it was cancelled and a refund in full was sent back to me. Pretty efficient if you ask me.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Just preorder on Amazon and let them know about better prices so they'll match it.

Good luck with this. Amazon will not price match anything except TVs anymore. Not even their own price drops get a credit. They make you return the item and rebuy at a discount with you paying the return shipping even with Prime. .... which.. is why I'm now no longer a Prime member.

I pre-ordered this a few days ago for around £29. I was thinking of getting the Digital Deluxe but I hope I can get a digital deluxe upgrade/add-on for this.
Still thinking of double dipping on PS4.

I pre-ordered this a few days ago for around £29. I was thinking of getting the Digital Deluxe but I hope I can get a digital deluxe upgrade/add-on for this.
Honestly, if past precedent holds up, you can get just about all the single player stuff from the digital deluxe version with a save editor.

Be careful about preordering on CDKeys guys. Games sometimes change from being listed as a "worldwide" code to a European-only region code when it's actually released.

Your sarcasm would work if it wasn't for the fact that literally every single CD key thread is full of people who do this and people who correct them and tell them it's legit. And it's been going on for 3-4 years.

If you play PC games and post on GAF then by now you should be aware that they are legit already because they are pretty well known website.
Except most of GAF 'legit' simply means 'will the key work or not'.

If that's your definition of 'legit' then sure, CDKeys are 'legit'.

Tenck

Yeah, I've heard of this happening in the past. Seems suspect to me, cos I have no idea why they'd want it.

Yeah, if it ain't clear yet, I don't trust this site and yet it has gained an air of acceptability here that something like G2A doesn't get.

There's a big difference between a company who buys retails copies and scans the codes to sell them online. And another when the marketplace of the other store is plagued by people selling keys bought with stolen credit cards.

Except most of GAF 'legit' simply means 'will the key work or not'.

If that's your definition of 'legit' then sure, CDKeys are 'legit'.

If it doesn't work ask them for a refund. After you receive it, move on with your life.

Edit: Unless you're implying they're doing something illegal.

Top Bottom