• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

PK Gaming

Last Surprise has the greatest random battle theme opening, period.

The rest of the song isn't as great, but it's still pretty solid. That first verse though, jesus

Lunar15

Nope. Whole new track.

Thanks, glad I didn't check it out. I'm crazy jealous that you're getting the import, but I just can't do that.

Man, five months....

Last Surprise has the greatest random battle theme opening, period.

The rest of the song isn't as great, but it's still pretty solid. That first verse though, jesus

It's definitely the kind of intro that gets you in the mood. I love when battle themes have an electric lead in. I want to feel good for starting a battle.

Mediking

I don't know, really. I guess the best thing you could do is to carefully observe whatever you want to draw or paint. Go outside, look at trees and houses. Watch people when you're on a train. I think it's important to understand the underlying structure of everything. There's usually a pattern and once you identify that pattern, you can use it to your advantage.

I'm not saying that my art necessarily reflects this yet(my anatomy is far too wonky for that), but it's the best advice I can give you.

Study how people and nature are themselves..... Hmmm....

"Predictions" (Includes spoilers for P3, P3P and P4Arena):

- Regarding Anne and Morgana:
Morgana is obsessed with Anne because Anne is actually Morgana. They switched bodies inside Kamoshida's Palace and the Anne that can be seen with Kamoshida in one screenshot and during the Asmodeus bossfight is the actual Anne.

- Regarding Yusuke and Ryuji:
Yusuke is related to the fly guy that can be seen in the fourth PV. He's actually Madarame, and the old guy is really Ryuji's Shadow representing his fear of getting older and growing a flower from his head as he played too much Drakengard 3.

- Regarding Makoto and Sae:
Makoto is the reincarnation of Persona 3's protagonist, which is why she has the same name as his movie incarnation. Sae is also actually Elizabeth in disguise trying to figure out a way to remind Makoto of her previous life. It also explains why she looks similiar to the female P3 protagonist: Their souls fused in the collective unconscious, tying both P3 routes together.

- Regarding Haru:
The guy Haru can been with sometimes is the heir to the Wild Duck burger chain from P3.

I am 100% serious. Trust me, look at my tag.
Come on guys, enough with the fake spoilers.
Let's discuss theories that are a little more in the realm of possibility
PMC5 IS SHO
MAKOTO IS TOTALLY NANAKO
CpSaZ52WYAAcKPu.jpg

Lynx_7

Is the battle theme track number 4? You guys are using titles but I can't read whatever it is these file names are written in (I assume it's japanese and my pc is just having a panick attack not knowing how to display kanji or whatever).

Sophia

Is the battle theme track number 4? You guys are using titles but I can't read whatever it is these file names are written in (I assume it's japanese and my pc is just having a panick attack not knowing how to display kanji or whatever).

Track 18 is the standard battle theme.

Not a big fan of track 16 (Will Power) if it is the general boss battle theme. It's definitely not in the same tier as Master of Shadows or I'll Face Myself. The regular battle theme (Last Surprise) is fantastic, though. I really love the emphasis on bass and strings in this title, it projects a sense of suave confidence that surpasses even P4's swagtagonist.

Would like to get a version of Life Will Change that's closer to the one heard in PV 4 but the one with vocals here is pretty good regardless. Might make a remix of it with the PV version.

Now to wait 5 months, guh.

Lynx_7

Track 18 is the standard battle theme.

I see, thanks. To be honest I would've preferred track 4 as the standard battle theme now that I've listened to both. Gets me much more pumped and ready to kick some demonsona ass.
18 is still pretty nice though, surprisingly laid back for a battle theme. If anything, at least it won't get as grating to listen through like Reach out and Mass Destruction eventually got over the course of my 100+ hours playthroughs. As much as I loved Reach out to the truth I honestly didn't want to hear it ever again by the time the true last dungeon rolled around (was super hyped by
the orchestral remix in the last battle
though so I guess that made it all worth it lol), so even though my first impression of P5's battle theme wasn't as strong as P4's it'll probably even out by the end. Or not.
I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of babybabybabybabybabybabybaby. It's just not my thing, so I immediatelly prefer P5's battle theme to it.

Also, are they
using the exact same arrangement of Aria of the Soul as the last 2 games? Come on Meguro.

Rutger

Banned
Damn, I couldn't resist and listened to Last Surprise.

I love it. Such a perfect fit for this game. I was confident this soundtrack would be great, but this is surpassing my expectations. I don't think I would be able to stop myself from listening to the rest of the soundtrack if I wasn't going to import.

Soriku

Not a big fan of track 16 (Will Power) if it is the general boss battle theme. It's definitely not in the same tier as Master of Shadows or I'll Face Myself. The regular battle theme (Last Surprise) is fantastic, though. I really love the emphasis on bass and strings in this title, it projects a sense of suave confidence that surpasses even P4's swagtagonist.

Would like to get a version of Life Will Change that's closer to the one heard in PV 4 but the one with vocals here is pretty good regardless. Might make a remix of it with the PV version.

Now to wait 5 months, guh.

I highly disagree.

Thin White Duke

Neo Member
I think the regular boss theme might be the one that's heard in PV 3. It's way too obvious with the feeling and vibe it gives off to be a random theme.

I think Will Power is just for the awakening battle, just something to figure given it's right after Awakening on the sampler.

mdubs

Banned
Willpower is hot hot hot.

Last Surprise will be an excellent battle-track. I like it more than Reach Out to the Truth, but Mass Destruction will always be the goat. I can definitely see myself listening to it for 80 hours though, A+

barybll

Banned
Yep
I still hear "fuck you" instead of "for you" on last surprise

...I think im okay with this, just like burn my bread

Makio

That's why i love the internet ... lyrics for the 2 tracks found in Youtube.

"Life Will Change"
It's not a game
I'm not a robot
and I'm challenging you!
I'm never better
I'm in your face and
I'm here to see it through!

Right before your eyes watch us multiply
Come to claim our rights it's time!
As our following grows
trying to stop us shows
Life is worth a try stop time!

So you know that we out there
Swatting lies in the making
Can't move fast without breaking
Can't hold on while life won't change!

And our voices ring out, yeah!
Took our masks off to be free
Falling out in the debris
Now another life will change!

I never strayed,
I'm not a figment
of your ill and old mind.
I'm just as fearless,
I'm just as dangerous,
as you soon know you'll find!

Make up your amends
fight and never regret
Fight inside your head
your heart!
And now it's in your brain
try to fight in vain
You're about to fall apart!

And you'll know we were out there
Swatting lies in the making
Going out to take it
Can't hold on when life won't change!

And our voices ring out, yeah!
Took our masks off to be free
Falling out in the debris
Now we know that life will change

--------
"Last Surprise"

You tried to run me through, hold on!
Think again, don't you know what you're starting?
But I'm sure you got the clue, how about this we go, don't you know, no we are.
And as I look to the horizon, not the clouds, but the stormy weather's gone to cold.
Seems like a great but out of nowhere, over-wear, you must not want to forto.

You never see it coming!
You see, that my mind is too fast for a rise.
You're damned!
But that time is sent you, your last surprise!
Ouuuuh...

Think you've got your gang found out?
Do your thing, get 'em two steps ahead ya.
So, step into my way, stand out! It's a trap, one step and you're dead!
Wisest's to reconsider another with the sky. No, likely's not your last resort.
It's not an accident that no one hears your cries as it's the lastest thing to deserve.

You never see it coming!
You're damned!
I'm coming! For you!
My game's always the best survive!
You're spawning!
But that meant you didn't catch it in time!
Ouuuuhhhh..
Better think about your game!
Are you sure your next move's the right one for you?
Are you sure you won't get outmaneuvered again and again my friend?

You never see it coming!
You're damned!
I'm coming! For you!
My game's always the best survive!
You're spawning!
Ouuuuhhhh...

Sound good enough to me until we get some official lyrics ... any change is welcome.
(Put the lyrics in spoiler just in case)

DNAbro

That's why i love the internet ... lyrics for the 2 tracks found in Youtube.

--------
"Last Surprise"

But I'm sure you got the clue, how about this we go, don't you know, no we are.
And as I look to the horizon, not the clouds, but the stormy weather's gone to cold.
Seems like a great bit out of nowhere, over-wear, it was not what was you foretold.

You never see it coming!
You see, that my mind is too fast for eyes.
You're done man! (Bye bye!)
Bout time I sent you, your last surprise!
Ouuuuh...

Think I've got your gang found out.
To a T, yeah I'm two steps ahead yeah.
So, step into my way, stand out! It's a trap, one step and you're dead!
Wisest's to reconsider another with the sky. No, likely's not your last resort.
It's not an accident that no one hears your cries as your last dreams seem to desert.

You never see it coming!
You're done man! (Bye bye)
I'm coming! For you!
My game's always so fast so fine!
You're spawning! (Bye bye)
Ouuuuhhhh..
Better think about your game!

You never see it coming!
You're done man! (Bye bye)
I'm coming! For you!
My game's always so fast so fine!
You're spawning! (Bye bye)
Ouuuuhhhh...

Sound good enough to me until we get some official lyrics ... any change is welcome.
(Put the lyrics in spoiler just in case)

Changed a bit on this one to what I hear and what makes a bit more sense. Though some are completely unintelligible.

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Luckily I have short-term memory so this won't be a problem for me if I see any big spoilers, still, gotta to watch out.

And damn, Innocent Sin's OST with the anniversary bundle doesn't have the Toa Armory track, was looking for the full version, can only hear it from the game itself.

So hold up, the BGM from the 4th trailer is
that one vocal track just pitched differently and without the vocals
?

That bums me out a bit, I was hoping that it was
its own track, I like the tune from that first half of the 4th trailer way more than the vocal version

Just bummed out a little bit though. Only a little.

I hope it's in the full soundtrack release. That'll come out a few days after the game, I guess.

These tentative lyrics, but particularly in the case of "Life Will Change", really hit it home that this game is going to be about the rebellion/revolution of the younger generation against the older generation with the Phantom Thieves as the potential catalyst.

Everything we've come to learn about this game also has me comparing it to another work of fiction which dealt with similar themes: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That entry in the series is all about the incompetence and/or corruption of adult authority figures in Harry's life and has him and his peers band together to rebel against the system in their own way (i.e. the formation of Dumbledore's Army). And then there are the similarities with the situations Harry and Joker find themselves in at the beginning of their respective stories: Wrongfully suspected/accused of something which they are not (i.e. Harry a liar and attention seeker; Joker a juvenile criminal). I have this strong feeling I'll be despising a lot of the adult characters in P5 if these similarities continue in the actual game. Now, who's going to be the Umbridge?

Setsu00

Yeah, I'm a little bit worried, but I think historically full Persona game soundtracks always come after the games themselves. Just a matter of time I guess, also TGS is this week.

There's no need to be worried. They already revealed some tracks that are not part of the Anniversary OST. The full thing will be a lot bigger.

These tentative lyrics, but particularly in the case of "Life Will Change", really hit it home that this game is going to be about the rebellion/revolution of the younger generation against the older generation with the Phantom Thieves as the potential catalyst.

Everything we've come to learn about this game also has me comparing it to another work of fiction which dealt with similar themes: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That entry in the series is all about the incompetence and/or corruption of adult authority figures in Harry's life and has him and his peers band together to rebel against the system in their own way (i.e. the formation of Dumbledore's Army). And then there are the similarities with the situations Harry and Joker find themselves in at the beginning of their respective stories: Wrongfully suspected/accused of something which they are not (i.e. Harry a liar and attention seeker; Joker a juvenile criminal). I have this strong feeling I'll be despising a lot of the adult characters in P5 if these similarities continue in the actual game. Now, who's going to be the Umbridge?

Kamoshida sounds like a giantic dick and there's clearly something wrong with the principal of Shujin High.

Lusankya

Can't wait to see Kamoshida get what he deserves once
his crimes of ruining Ryuji's dream of running for his sick pleasure to win the female students' hearts and sexually harrasses them is revealed to the public

Well, in Ryuji's CM you can seem him handsomely owning the other team in a volleyball match. It's no wonder Anne (and probably all the other girls) is totally into him.

jk

"Last Surprise" lyrics (my revision)

I'm sure we got the crew, have it.
There's we go, don't you know, know my art?
And as I look to the horizon, not a cloud,
But the stormy weather's got too cold.
Seems like it creeped up out of nowhere,
All the rain, it was not quite what you foretold.

You'll never see it coming!
You see that my mind is too fast for eyes!
You're done in!
But the time has sent you your last surprise!
Ouuuuh...

Think you've got your game found out?
Do a deed, get 'em two steps ahead, yeah.
So step into my way, stand out.
It's a trap, one step and you're dead!
Wisest to leave a second ago with the sky,
But now life leaves that your last resort.
It's not an accident that no one hears your cries,
As your mastery seems to deserve.

You're done in!
But the time to teach you your last surprise!

I'm coming for you!
My game's always, so pass on by! (?)
You're spun in!
Ouuuuhhhh..

Better think about your game.

You've done it!
But the time to teach you your last surprise!

I'm coming for you!
My game's always, so pass on by! (?)
You're spun in!
Ouuuuhhhh...

Life Will Change
It's not a game,
I'm not a robot,
and I'm challenging you!
I'm mad and fed up,
I'm in your face and
I'm here to see it through!

Right before your eyes, watch us multiply!
Come to claim our right, it's time!
As the following grows, try to stop the shows!
Life, that's where they'll try to stop time!

So you note that we're out there,
Swathing lives in the making,
Can't move fast without breaking,
Can't hold on while life won't change!

And our voices ring out there,
Took our masks off to be free,
Falling up in the debris,
Now we know that life will change!

Ain't it a shame,
I'm not a figment
of your ill and old mind?
I'm just as fearless,
I'm just as dangerous
as you, so now you'll fight!

Make up your amends,
Finding that regret,
Fight inside your head, your heart!
And now to break your brain,
Try to fight in vain,
Your empire will fall apart!

And you know we were out there,
Swathing lives in the making,
Going hard for the taking,
Can't hold on when life won't change!

And our voices ring out here,
Took our masks off to be free,
Falling off in the debris,
Now we know that life will change!

cj_iwakura

Sounds like it's about time to bail out of this thread... too many mines.
I'll be around elsewhere, I'm not tough to find.

Top Bottom