• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City - Launch Trailer

Would you recommend starting at the first game too or doesn't that matter much?

Do the console versions of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls hold up well or is it better to go for the PC versions (I'm mainly a console gamer)?
PC version will always be better. Demon's is PS3 exclusive though.

You can start with any game, they're all quite self-contained, but obviously it makes sense to start at the beginning, you'll get more out of the story certainly that way. The gameplay evolves a fair bit so going backwards you might feel a bit lacking.

Between this and the statue showing
Gwyn crowning an undead
, I think we've been bamboozled for half a decade.

I once had this throaway idea that the Primordial Serpents were working to bring back the Dragons and everything we knew about Gwyn etc was a lie to foster the idea that humanity/pygmies etc were meek...kinda get a feeling this might come true, or at least part of it.

Thanks!

Do the console versions of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls hold up well or is it better to go for the PC versions (I'm mainly a console gamer)?
Definitely start with Dark Souls 1 before playing 3.
Dark Souls 2 is mostly separate, telling a different, related story in the same universe, whereas Demon's Souls is a completely different universe.
Dark Souls 3 is nearly a direct sequel to Dark Souls (though this series is not very direct about anything).

Experien

Is there any streamers on YouTube to recommend that play through the last DLC that isn't EpicNameBro? I decided not to get it and want to see what it has to offer before playing this one.

AmyS

Awesome trailer.

This is the last of Dark Souls.

Prepare to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Arkeband

Banned
New official screens
C9BgElT.jpg

We Nier now.

Also, I love how the protagonist in every Dark Souls game always needs to touch everything.

"A woman stands before you with a fetus in her hands. She and her stillbirth are frozen in time."
*protagonist walks up and touches fetus for no reason*
*fetus explodes and Satan appears for a boss battle*
"I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING"

Thanks!

Go for consoles if you're mainly a console gamer, there's no point dealing with a platform you don't prefer. The console versions are quite good, and the first game is 30 fps on all platforms (60 fps mod causes glitches). Dark Souls 2 is 60 fps on current gen consoles too.

PC versions have the major disadvantage of being plagued with cheaters, as there is either no anti-cheat at all (DS1) or the anti-cheat works poorly and doesn't detect all cheats (DS2, DS3). Dark Souls does not explain how MP works at all, so you may have to check a wiki to see what makes you vulnerable to invasion, that's when the cheaters come.

Mutombo

You can buy this without having bought the previous DLC, right? Even though i might both of them if they come at a good bundle, since this is the last bit of new Souls conent that I can experience for a while.

Kazuhira

-"Pigment colored like the dark soul of man"
oh no,don't you dare..
-"Pigment..." Pygggmm..y
ooooohh fuck..you did it on purpose Miyazaki,you are killing me here.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I still can't get over how terrible the western GOTY edition cover is compared to the JP art.

same. i feel like they put no effort into it. that image was probably created at the same time as the one on the base game. they've just slapped a huge GOTY on it and changed the text. the japanese one is fantastic. i won't be buying it physical since i'm on PC but still it's disappointing.

That Game Of The Year banner is horrible.

Makes it look like your typical 'western 3rd party big release' meh game that slaps that shit on the cover to make their game seem important. I guess that was the point? That term must sell better, making it more obvious that this is an all-in-one edition to the average buyer.

Looks.... *barf*.

Still getting it cause I buy all Souls stuff psychical. :p

Vena

Man. After Ariendel being a pretty big disappointment (that and I fell off of DS3 pretty hard after beating it for some reason), I just can't find my self to be very enthused on this, and that's really kind of sad as this is the end of a franchise I love.

Oh well, will still give it a good whirl when it releases! I have the season pass after all.

Toxi

Banned
Between this and the statue showing
Gwyn crowning an undead
, I think we've been bamboozled for half a decade.
Gwyn gave part of his own soul to the Four Kings of New Londo, so I'm not sure why that statue would be surprising.

Man. After Ariendel being a pretty big disappointment (that and I fell off of DS3 pretty hard after beating it for some reason), I just can't find my self to be very enthused on this, and that's really kind of sad as this is the end of a franchise I love.

Yeah, this is exactly me. I'll be playing it eventually but that DLC really tipped the fatigue scale for me. I loved Dark Souls 3 too.

Raven117

I wonder how this will feel after playing Nioh?

(Not trying to troll...I love the Souls games...But Nioh really took the combat to another level).

So... it is confirmed that season pass owners can play this since today?

It was never said that would happen, but if you have Season Pass or Ariandel you can use the PvP maps. Which are based on pre-existing areas, I think someone said there are more than will unlock on Tuesday that are presumably from the Ringed City.

So,is it already available for preload? there's a 7.7gb update for the pc version.

Sorta. Today is balancing + some assets, tuesday is core DLC. It'll be a shade over 3gb on Tuesday.

Top Bottom