• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Fjordson

Lmao @ that tumblr review. Good stuff.

I didn't even know about the Anarchy mode. Sounds interesting. Definitely getting more and more hyped for Tuesday after reading these impressions.

RedStep

snorggy said:
This been posted yet? Amazing review. I've never seen such a fine grasp of the english language. Oh, and the depth they get into, it's like they went through the code line by line!

http://saveandquit.tumblr.com/post/3423515673/bulletstorm-review-xbox-360-ps3

(via shawn elliott's twitter)

i quite enjoyed the demo... do want, but not sure if it's a day 1 for me.

I think that what they didn't say said more than what they said. An overwhelming amount of subtext in such a short review.

What is it to be a Pancake? What truly is GoW? Who was phone?

It will be a long while before all the questions raised in that review are answered.

JambiBum

So when I got my shipping confirmation from Amazon it told me that I will receive a 10 dollar credit and not a 20 dollar one. Did this happen to anyone else?

Karram

I noticed now that i have a $60 Credit from Amazon. $40 from KZ3 and Bulletstorm and $20 from LBP2. I also forgot to say that i bought both KZ3 and BS for $90 because i already had a $35 credit. I <3 Amazon.

EDIT: I pre-ordered it back when it was also $10 and when there was no promontional credit on KZ3, yet i got the $40 with no problem.

Kusagari

JambiBum said:
So when I got my shipping confirmation from Amazon it told me that I will receive a 10 dollar credit and not a 20 dollar one. Did this happen to anyone else?

You most likely ordered it back when Amazon was only offering a 10 dollar credit. I reordered it to avoid problems like that. I'd hit Amazon customer service up though. Usually they'll give it to you.

Barrett2

Just got the email that my copy shipped from Amazon, should have it tomorrow. Working from home has it's benefits. :)

Also, that Tumbler review is great. Haha.

Tunavi

Banned
Been waiting for this ever since I saw the E3 demo videos. Can't believe it comes out tomorrow.

It's gonna be better than Duke Nukem Forever

Hixx

Finally tried the demo and it made me decide to get this before KZ3 (which I also loved the demo of). Controls could do with a bit of work but it just felt so fresh and unlike so many of the CoD-clones out there. Love it. I also don't know what it is about the scores popping up but its so addictive trying to get clusters of them.

Neuromancer said:
I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I feel the same way.

THREE HOURS.

BENJ WAS HERE.

Teknoman

I cant state how awesome it is to finally have another first person shooter where you dont have to aim down the sight 24/7 and it really is only for really precise shots.

bulovski

Neo Member
S1kkZ said:
my god this game is fucking awesome!
spoilers chapter 2.3, no story spoilers just level/setting
right now i am in a futuristic theme park, the main attraction are godzilla like robotic monsters. first you walk around in a miniature city (feels and looks like a futuristic godzilla set) and kill standard enemies. then one of the robotic godzillas goes nuts and you try to get away. now comes the fun part: you manage to get the remote and control the thing for a little bit and fuck up some enemies
Played this last night - loved it to bits.

About halfway through and it's turned out surprisingly good compared to the prologue, and many many times better than the demo. Epic should never have released the demo - i know it turned off some people. The actual game is nothing like that.

The combat is furious and fun. Everything's campy and cheesy and over the top till now - but in a good way. Sort of like a bad movie which is so so bad you'll enjoy it after a night of binging. The dialogue is pure gold - it had me sold at 'dicktits' anyways. The pacing of the game so far has been spot on - adrenaline pulsing droves of enemies riddled with gaps to get your breath back.

The skill shots are not necessary, but they are great to pull off. And the level layout is also such that with a little bit of strategy it's easy to pull them off and rack up the skill points. The skill points help to get ammo and unlock special weapon powers - highly recommended if you want to uncover all skill moves. There's also a nice touch which indicates which skill moves are not done and sort of taunts you to complete them quickly.

Now for the bad part - some of the cutscenes are pukeworthy. Enemy AI is a bad joke. I mean they are really really dumb. Friendly AI is pretty dumb as well. I don't like the way that as soon as you move forward in an area backtracking is completely cut off - dammit I want to go back after killing a few enemies to get some ammo from a dropbox.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hope you guys have fun. If I didn't already have a shitload of games to play, I would probably have this pre-purchased and ready to go.

PC impressions are needed ASAP, feel free to post a few shots in the high-res thread as well.

TheHakku

bulovski said:
About halfway through and it's turned out surprisingly good compared to the prologue, and many many times better than the demo. Epic should never have released the demo - i know it turned off some people. The actual game is nothing like that.
Good. Might pick this up.

Adam J.

I got the release date delivery on this game through Amazon, but my order status is still "shipping soon". Hope I get it tomorrow--been looking forward to this game ever since last E3.

Aaron

bulovski said:
Now for the bad part - some of the cutscenes are pukeworthy. Enemy AI is a bad joke. I mean they are really really dumb. Friendly AI is pretty dumb as well. I don't like the way that as soon as you move forward in an area backtracking is completely cut off - dammit I want to go back after killing a few enemies to get some ammo from a dropbox.
This is unfortunately a dealbreaker for me. I finally started playing through the SP of Modern Warfare 2 and the AI is such shit that I had to stop. Halo really spoiled me for other FPS games.

grkazan12

Snuggler said:
Hope you guys have fun. If I didn't already have a shitload of games to play, I would probably have this pre-purchased and ready to go.

PC impressions are needed ASAP, feel free to post a few shots in the high-res thread as well.
This. Still wish that demo came out.

Xander51

I finally managed to do better than 6000 points in the demo today, so I went ahead and took the plunge on the PC version thanks to that D2D deal. Hope it's a decent version! I haven't had too many issues with UE 3 in the past and I can't wait to see how it looks on my rig.

mjc

Alienshogun said:
Mine still hasn't shipper (shipping soon), that's a bit odd.
My order is saying the same thing, it's been saying that most of the day now that I remember it. Weird.

Have no worries, sometimes Amazon is just slow to update their shipping status because of the massive amounts of games going out with release day shipping.

daffy

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
Have no worries, sometimes Amazon is just slow to update their shipping status because of the massive amounts of games going out with release day shipping.

This is true, last time I did release date shipping I was notified 2 hours after it had already shipped.

Aaron said:
This is unfortunately a dealbreaker for me. I finally started playing through the SP of Modern Warfare 2 and the AI is such shit that I had to stop. Halo really spoiled me for other FPS games.

Bad Ai seems like it would be more of a problem in series like Halo or COD, where a kill is a kill. But it seems like you would want stupid AI in a game where you're trying to chain combos and kick baddies into exposed rebar. I can't believe I'm saying that I want stupid AI, but it seems like that's exactly what this game needs. After playing the demo through five-seven times, I think chasing some prick around the map whose trying to take cover would drive me mad.
Can't wait to pick this up!

SpartanDL

Neo Member
I was not impressed by the demo at all. It got really repetitive really fast. Might pick it up later down line or maybe rent it.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
bathala said:
I think dick tits means a transvestite

Oh god, don't say that or it will become a bannable offense to say dick tits on GAF :(

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
bathala said:
I think dick tits means a transvestite
Chris Hardwick set up his tape recorder and explained that this is a very useful tool for comics, and when he listens back to it later at home it really helps him come.

Oh, and at some point Chris worried about all the weird shit written in his notebook, explaining that he lost a notebook recently that had the following written in it: "balls = dick tits."
Chris Hardwick is the authority on testicular slang so I'll take his word on it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I was so close to buying this on Steam, but I managed to hold off since I can't play it till next week, so I was like what's the point.

Guess I'll scope the reviews tomorrow.

Ho.

Lee.

Shit.

This is a fun, beautiful, very varied game. I'm only on Act 1, Chapter 3, but I've already gone through several very different locales and all sorts of different combat and action scenarios.

Yeah, the story isn't Eastbound & Down levels of heartfelt drama, but it's pretty engaging. So far it's been really good at giving you different reasons to move your ass. Lots of ticking clocks.

On Normal at least, though, I find myself running out of ammo more than I'd like to, and yes, I'm picking up some from guns. But not enough. It took me a while to buy upgrades because I had to keep spending points on ammo.

Overall though, this game is a total blast and very hard to put down.

I haven't touched multiplayer yet.

abracadaver

the campaign really is amazing, and its not a short one

its weird that they only released those lame skill-shot trailers as marketing instead of a full-blown trailer with some campagn action

I expect the review scores to be around 85%

its a shame theres no coop though, somehow I was under the impression there is

oh and on youtube there is a video of the first hour of bulletstorm from the german PS3 version

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hmm I wonder if I'll be able to play my d2d version today... It says that today ( feb 22nd ) is the unlockday so to speak. But I guess the drm software has the final word and probably wont let me play ._.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
game sounds like a lot of fun. And if it delivers even half the enjoyment of Gears 1, then I'm there.

Top Bottom