• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
then just let pat put up the stream by himself

wait isn't this their job? how do they not schedule around it?

They usually do it around the same time in the weekends and they have to devote a whole day to it. Doesn't surprise me scheduling conflicts occur, but fuck I want to see them finish it. I can't enjoy the DLC, so I want to cathartically enjoy it through them damn it!

They usually do it around the same time in the weekends and they have to devote a whole day to it. Doesn't surprise me scheduling conflicts occur, but fuck I want to see them finish it. I can't enjoy the DLC, so I want to cathartically enjoy it through them damn it!

They haven't even gotten to the best enemy in the game, nor the best boss next to Nameless King. So yeah, you're not the only one who wants to see them encounter stuff.

But pat's probably already been spoiled/spoiled himself on it

I was thinking about how the Twin Peaks fanbase has been really good at keeping any spoilerific stuff to a minimum.

And then Matt McSpoiler happens. Unfollowing preemptively to save myself any future pain.

I mean in fairness I have no idea how to even go about spoiling season 3. But Matt will find a way.

FlowersisBritish

I mean in fairness I have no idea how to even go about spoiling season 3. But Matt will find a way.

Yeah, season 3 is weird. Me and my roommate watched it last night and
we really didn't like it
I'm actually really curious what Matt(and hopefully Pat's) impressions are, especially since the drove home in me that the best part of twin peaks is easily
the weird antics of the locals, of which, are largely missing from that first episode of season 3

FlowersisBritish

I did not realize this was a link because I thought it was in reference to last weeks podcast. I'm laughing kind of at him, and also at how much these dudes skirt the line. Every week I wonder if it's going to be the week of a thread titled "Ginger LPer keeps talking about his 'Black Gift'" or something.

I did not realize this was a link because I thought it was in reference to last weeks podcast. I'm laughing kind of at him, and also at how much these dudes skirt the line. Every week I wonder if it's going to be the week of a thread titled "Ginger LPer keeps talking about his 'Black Gift'" or something.

He's got a black friend so it's okay. Matt's cool with it.

Wow, that car theft ring case is the dumbest shit. Dude's got a warehouse full of dead criminals and he's just like, "Nah it's cool, I'm above board here!"

Moaradin

How the hell is Pat running out of keys for FFXIV? Is it not like FFXI where new abilities are meant to replace old ones?

Most new abilities get added with the old ones. They have a few redundant skills (like Stone I, Stone II, Stone III, and Stone IV) that are pretty much straight upgrades, but still take up multiple slots. This expansion is fixing that problem by making them upgrade automatically, as well as just getting rid or merging a lot of the useless skills.

Most new abilities get added with the old ones. They have a few redundant skills (like Stone I, Stone II, Stone III, and Stone IV) that are pretty much straight upgrades, but still take up multiple slots. This expansion is fixing that problem by making them upgrade automatically, as well as just getting rid or merging a lot of the useless skills.

Surely you don't cast Stone 1 and 2 when 3 and 4 are out though right? Can't you just remove them from your macros?

Moaradin

Surely you don't cast Stone 1 and 2 when 3 and 4 are out though right? Can't you just remove them from your macros?

You can remove them from your hotbar, but the game has a feature where your level gets synced to whatever content you're doing. So if you're doing something lower level, it will bring you down to that level and you won't have your higher level abilities. You would need to put the older skill back on your hotbar in that case. It's not a huge deal, but it's definitely a hassle, especially if you play on controller.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You can remove them from your hotbar, but the game has a feature where your level gets synced to whatever content you're doing. So if you're doing something lower level, it will bring you down to that level and you won't have your higher level abilities. You would need to put the older skill back on your hotbar in that case. It's not a huge deal, but it's definitely a hassle, especially if you play on controller.

Yep, it's a pain in the ass on controller. The fix is pretty much my #1 most anticipated change for Stormblood (well that and the expanded inventory).

Exodust

Banned
Man it annoyed me that they kept going to the box of pink slips with the last two criminals while never looking at the betting slips. Geez, guys, those two even mentioned how the pink slips themselves were legal right before you used it to pin an arrest on them.

As far as the AC discussion goes. The conspiracy stuff in AC was stupid, but they were clearly gearing up for a modern day Assassins Creed game with all of Desmond's training. That really should have been what AC3 was. What's funny is that now without Desmond they're still trying the modern day conspiracy shit when everybody already knows that Assassins and Templars have been feuding for centuries. You really don't need that anymore.

Watching Pat play the Surge, I have no more interest in the Surge. It looks like a bad Souls game with the most boring bosses I have ever seen, as well as every other enemy having a flamethrower or some poison gas ticking your health down gradually. There's no real smart enemy placement. Really the only neat thing about it is the way to acquire armor.

joe2187

Banned
Watching Pat play the Surge, I have no more interest in the Surge. It looks like a bad Souls game with the most boring bosses I have ever seen, as well as every other enemy having a flamethrower or some poison gas ticking your health down gradually. There's no real smart enemy placement. Really the only neat thing about it is the way to acquire armor.

It's from the makers of the other big budget souls wannabee Lords of the mediocre.

The combat in the game is fantastic though, and while that area with the flamethrowers and poison is quite shity, it is only for that area. Bosses do suck though.

Village

The stuff they do is fine.

Its plague that often thats often like ," hmmm". I oft have to side eye

Anung

Un Rama

For real plague seems to skirt that line or quasi-pander to that kind of fanbase.

Then again he's from the south so I wouldn't be suprised?

Strimei

I really do love the scene between Kiryu and Nishiki in the forest. Pat kinda shat on it but really its a powerful one.

Though I do crack up at how Kiryu takes the car. Just...leaving Nishiki in the woods, who the fuck knows where.

How the hell is Pat running out of keys for FFXIV? Is it not like FFXI where new abilities are meant to replace old ones?
He plays on controller. The game has it so the dpad and four face buttons can be set for abilities, that changed based on the triggers you hold. You can also swap hotbars with a button

It also has an option to hold one trigger than the other for a different hotbar, or double tap a trigger.

I'd have kicked Pat out of my XI linkshell. We didn't allow PS/XB players for such limitations.

For real plague seems to skirt that line or quasi-pander to that kind of fanbase.

Then again he's from the south so I wouldn't be suprised?

Didn't Plague just drop the N-word in their podcast like it was cool?

Damn new episode of NITW gettin real raw at the middle and the end of the episode*

The whole "in a line a failures" line is something I can relate because the only person out of my whole family to make something of themselves is my brother Kenny whose in the Navy and has a family in Oklahoma. I always wanted to go to college but I never thought I would be good for enough for it. I'm autstic and learning disabled and it sucks

Village

He is from like central/south rural Kentucky, that shit is everywhere.
I mean, I guess
Actually, by my count I'm pretty sure the only best friend who hasn't ever said the N-word in a recording is Matt...

Slurs are bad, right. But what i'm talking about pluage goes beyond slurs , " I accuse this kind of leftest thing presenting an idea of being propaganda" and then I go " that's what I get for checking plagues twitter"

Slurs are bad, not going to pretend like i'm with liams liberal usage of the n-word especially being a blackmen. But with plauage i'm like " one day i'm going to wake up, and he will have some shit that will get him in deep doodoo and it will be really bad"

FlowersisBritish

Damn new episode of NITW gettin real raw at the middle and the end of the episode*

The whole "in a line a failures" line is something I can relate because the only person out of my whole family to make something of themselves is my brother Kenny whose in the Navy and has a family in Oklahoma. I always wanted to go to college but I never thought I would be good for enough for it. I'm autstic and learning disabled and it sucks

Honestly the whole bit with Greg is pretty relatable to me right now because im paranoid about my relationship too. But im always kind of paranoid. I also used to have arguments like that with my parents when i was 20.

I am super surpise at how great that game seems. Definitly going to pick it up when i am not broke. Last weeks podcast thwy talked a lot about their impact on sales and they have definitely sold me on more than a couple games. Most noteable has been Persona 5, which in irony of being a game about time management, has been ruining mine.

I can't tell if the grammar mistakes are on purpose or not in NITW but at least twice they've used the wrong your/you're. I'll assume purposeful since it was during the in-game IMing.

Exodust

Banned
I can't tell if the grammar mistakes are on purpose or not in NITW but at least twice they've used the wrong your/you're. I'll assume purposeful since it was during the in-game IMing.

It's purposefully done in a way that mimics text messaging. YMMV on how much it'll bother you.

"Go left out of the elevator and it's the last door on your right!"
*Exits to the right and looks at the last door on the left*

This will never not be hilarious.

Top Bottom