• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

wonzo

Banned
only thing this has going for it is the art and even thats hampered by the corny as fuck costumes. zzzzzzzz

Puruzi

Banned
10476661_1024056010954533_1006558080335772337_o.jpg

This is great.

I don't think she's bare breasted, she just needs some shading on her boobsock to indicate that it's cloth. I remember having the same visual problem with one of the characters before.

Maybe, but I'm just not seeing any edges :p Looks like smooth skin all the way up to her collar bone, plus the "18+ heroine" thing.

Probably thinking too much about it, lol.

only thing this has going for it is the art and even thats hampered by the corny as fuck costumes. zzzzzzzz

I don't like thing, etc.

SalvaPot

That was a fun episode, I love the expressions of the cast, damn, and the sidekick characters are hilarious too, I want them to get more of the spotlight.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I like the costumes.

For me, Boku no Hero Academia is One Punch Man with a plot.

And Plot.

25 was great.

Midoriya continues to his his brain, rather than his brawn. Calvin Kacchan continues to be an entertaining asshole. You can tell that Fire & Ice kid get messed up by his dad at some point (burn scar around eye).

WarRock

As Bakugou demonstrated, this whole race was stupid if had any sort of high mobility quirk. Class leader sure hold back.

There were zero problems for flying heroes there =P

Omnicent

When's next chapter

Ch.26 just came out not to long ago.
I want to see how far Grapes (Minoru) shtick can go.
He may have gotten 18th, but he knows what's important, what counts, so he gets 1st in my books. Two birds with one stone indeed Grapes. Indeed.

rrc1594

Ch.26 just came out not to long ago.
I want to see how far Grapes (Minoru) shtick can go.
He may have gotten 18th, but he knows what's important, what counts, so he gets 1st in my books. Two birds with one stone indeed Grapes. Indeed.

Becoming one of my favs

Just read chapter 27, and the team mates are in:

Infinity Girl, Gadget Girl, and Falco!

Did not expect that. I thought it'd be
Infinity Girl, Calvin Kacchan and Icy-Hot guy. It makes sense that the #2 and #3 people would move to make sure that nobody got those points, but eh. I like Gadget girl, so that's cool, but no idea what Falco's deal is.

Cbajd5

It's finally getting added to the English Weekly Shonen Jump, with first chapter in next weeks issue and the latest chapter starting with the February 9th issue.

Kvik

It's finally getting added to the English Weekly Shonen Jump, with first chapter in next weeks issue and the latest chapter starting with the February 9th issue.

I could've been more excited about this if only the SJ Android app isn't so terrible. And I thought the Crunchyroll Manga app was bad enough :-\

Nevertheless, it's a great series and I'm looking forward to reading it!

Nightbird

You are getting all the good stuff, while here in Europe, you can't use the Shounen Jump App, or anything related to it.

*goes in a Corner and cries*

And alter the thread title too. It's always been an easy translation.....

Speaking of localizations, the
scanlators
I've been following posted some ideas for English language names for the characters they've been kicking around, and I'm curious about your guy's thoughts on them. Basically, the original names are apparently extremely on-the-nose, so they tried to keep that intact:

Bakugou Katsuki (Kacchan)-> Victor Boome. This one I like, though I'd prefer his first name be "Calvin," for obvious reasons :p Still, it reminds me of Victor Von Doom, so I can dig it.

Asui Tsuyu (Frog girl)->Polly Wiggle. Like a pollywog! Very Silver Age of them.

Sero Hanta (Scotch tape arms guy)-> Scott Tape. Yes, really. Apparently his Japanese name is basically just an attempt to get it to sound like "cellophane."

And just some inconclusive ramblings for Midoriya. Bobby Greenhorn and Liam Cook? Bleh.

SalvaPot

Speaking of localizations, the
scanlators
I've been following posted some ideas for English language names for the characters they've been kicking around, and I'm curious about your guy's thoughts on them. Basically, the original names are apparently extremely on-the-nose, so they tried to keep that intact:

Bakugou Katsuki (Kacchan)-> Victor Boome. This one I like, though I'd prefer his first name be "Calvin," for obvious reasons :p Still, it reminds me of Victor Von Doom, so I can dig it.

Asui Tsuyu (Frog girl)->Polly Wiggle. Like a pollywog! Very Silver Age of them.

Sero Hanta (Scotch tape arms guy)-> Scott Tape. Yes, really. Apparently his Japanese name is basically just an attempt to get it to sound like "cellophane."

And just some inconclusive ramblings for Midoriya. Bobby Greenhorn and Liam Cook? Bleh.

I like the last name Greenhorn, but the name should be something silly like Sissel Greenhorn, and Sissel can by made into sissy. I dunno.

ss-hikaru

I was on the fence about subscribing to Shonen Jump Alpha (after suddenly realising it's actually available in Australia!) but then a friend recommended it (and linked this thread haha) and then SJA announced they would simulpublish it. So I subscribed XD Since they are jumping straight from Chapter 1 to the latest I hope SJA's plot summary of the in-between chapters is decent... Sounds like a fair few characters to introduce. So far I like it, the art is good and the lead is likeable. Looking forward to discussing stuff here :)

When Deku's mom
got fat after the timeskip I lost it, it was so funny and unexpected, since she was the classic hot mom before that.

I wonder if this has anything to do with her ability
(pulling small objects *cough*snacks*cough* towards her)
? XDDD

Meffer

I was on the fence about subscribing to Shonen Jump Alpha (after suddenly realising it's actually available in Australia!) but then a friend recommended it (and linked this thread haha) and then SJA announced they would simulpublish it. So I subscribed XD Since they are jumping straight from Chapter 1 to the latest I hope SJA's plot summary of the in-between chapters is decent... Sounds like a fair few characters to introduce. So far I like it, the art is good and the lead is likeable. Looking forward to discussing stuff here :)

I wonder if this has anything to do with her ability
(pulling small objects *cough*snacks*cough* towards her)
? XDDD

I take it she started getting the munchies because she worries about Deku so much.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Episode 23 is up

I'm really digging the characterization of Ochako, and I never noticed her power was because of her fingerpads.

Also I like how Ice/Fire dude is starting to see Deku as a rival, proves more interesting than Kacchan. Wonder what kind of events we are going to see on the Sports Festival.
\

Also, Kouhei Hirokoshi (The author) made this:

10476661_1024056010954533_1006558080335772337_o.jpg

Forgot about medeka, sunnuvabitch

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Better art than all respective series.

foxuzamaki

Medaka Box hasn't been running since 2013. That image was only meant to show the current Jump heroes (and Naruto)

Its still recent enough dammit, we cant let the public forget medaka box, we need the minus arc animated ;_;

ss-hikaru

Read the latest chapter and plot summary for all the missing chapters in SJA. Kinda sad they didn't at least include chapter 2 which apparently shows how Deku gets his quirk... Do they ever explain what One for All actually does in terms of ability? I guess I should go read wikipedia now that I can put names to faces and then maybe reread the chapter.

Read the latest chapter and plot summary for all the missing chapters in SJA. Kinda sad they didn't at least include chapter 2 which apparently shows how Deku gets his quirk... Do they ever explain what One for All actually does in terms of ability? I guess I should go read wikipedia now that I can put names to faces and then maybe reread the chapter.

Yeah, that's kind of an important plot point. Essentially, All Might gave it to him (which isn't something that can typically be done, and is something of a secret in-universe).

foxuzamaki

Im finna start reading boku no hero academia for the first time, got wonderful 101 OST playing in another tab.

lessgo

vypek

OP makes this sound interesting and it seems to have a good impresssion from people so far. I'm going to try to start this series ASAP.

Nightbird

OP makes this sound interesting and it seems to have a good impresssion from people so far. I'm going to try to start this series ASAP.

You won't regret it. It's cool, and features a huge cast of characters right from the beginning, and it doesn't focus only on a few of them.

Top Bottom