• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale incoming (US)

I just started playing it after picking it up on Xbox One (it's on sale this week for $18.15 with XBL Gold, if that's of any interest to you) and while I haven't played much it is very similar to Crimes and Punishments so far. I also liked C&P a lot so this new entry has been great for me since it feels mostly like more of the same. There are a few little tweaks/additions to some of the gameplay in an attempt to add some more action and Holmes/Watson's characters have been slightly reimagined but neither of those changes have affected my enjoyment.

Thanks, I'll probably pick it up then. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Crimes and Punishments so if this is in that same vein it should be up my alley

HardRojo

Wasn't the Mid-year sale enough, Sony!?

UMvC3, Return to Arkham, Jojo, The Walking Dead... some interesting stuff there.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I've never played the LEGO games, how are the Harry Potter ones?
I'd like to know this as well! :D

Played Years 1-4 recently on PS4 and found it brilliant. Crept up to being one of my fav Lego games. Handles the source material right while interjecting some great humor and Easter eggs. More puzzle-centric than other games, there are very few sequences of punching enemy fodder which I preferred. Really reminded me how much better these games were before voiced audio too. Plan to start years 5-7 sometime soon.

Highly recommended.

AndyD

aka andydumi
because it has been, for some reason Sony/Publishers are very adamant on not putting anything thats not current on sale.

34e760cf02.png

What site is that?

Brandon F

That Wasteland 2 looks mighty tempting.

Any opinions? Looks like old school Fallout.

Interface and UI takes time to condition to. Combat gets a little dull, but otherwise it's pretty good. You do get a sense there are multiple solutions through situations, and you are guiding your own progression. Kind of similar to classic Fallout in a way. I enjoyed it but only played about halfway.

Is Raiden IV on sale? I already have it but have a friend who wants to get it, he has the XB physical version but no longer has a 360 and wants a digital copy of the game.

Edit: NM, was finally able to check out the list.

br3wnor

Probably gonna pull trigger on The Order for $5. If I have even the slightest passing interest in a game I’ll buy it at $5, that is the ultimate impulse buy price point.

ChrisD

Hmmm, Jackbox Party Pack 3 is awfully tempting, but I never get a chance to set up Quiplash for the family. This may just fall into the same pitfall.

If I don't pull the trigger on it anyways, I'll probably just save the PSN credit for a hopeful Night in the Woods drop in the Digital Sale.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Probably gonna pull trigger on The Order for $5. If I have even the slightest passing interest in a game I’ll buy it at $5, that is the ultimate impulse buy price point.

Yeah, that's usually close to my tipping point.l When I see $2 on a game, it's super hard to resist unless I have zero interest. With the Lego Harry Potter Collection, that's a lot of game for a bit over $7.

I'd drop the bones for Tomb Raider if it were $10-15 bucks cheaper. I don't know about throwing down $31 for a sequel to a game that I did not like at all.

Best wishes.

I'd drop the bones for Tomb Raider if it were $10-15 bucks cheaper. I don't know about throwing down $31 for a sequel to a game that I did not like at all.

Best wishes.

Its actually worse than the first in some ways. If you weren't too hot on the first Id wait till it was maybe $15 or less for this one.

Yukinari

Is Zen Pinball 2 that free platform that comes with F2P tables and the rest you buy?

Cause if so id buy a few marvel tables if theyre good. Tell me which tables are the best.

Brandon F

Best wishes.

I loved the first game but was really lukewarm on the second. It's more of the same but with an even worse story, also trading up a hostile Japanese island for soviet WW2 bunker ruins. Occasionally throws slightly more interesting ruins at you, but never close to what the classic games delivered. The characters and situations are comically dumb throughout. I don't expect you will like it at all.

wtd2009

has anyone played EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic? Didn't even know that was a game but it looks kinda cool.

edit: reminds me of ps1 jrpgs. bought.

aett

Return to Arkham seems to have received a lot of average/above average scores because it wasn't a great remaster. I already have the games on PC, but I would much rather replay these on my much bigger TV and sitting on the couch. Anyone played this version?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Hmm..thinking about JoJo. Got a $10 credit from Rewards, so that'll make it $13 to add another fighter to the rotation.

Been a big fan of the visual style and mannerisms for years. XD

EDIT:
Oh, is not a fighter....hmmm...

It's not a traditional fighter, but it's still fun.

RedBoot

Ahhh why must they insist on charging so much for Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Christ

Acti's slowly been lowering the price each sale. I think it was $28 for the bundle last time.

They'll probably go down to $20 eventually, but Acti rarely goes much lower than that. I finally went for this one, $12 per game's not too bad.

KillerAJD

I've heard so much about the jack box games. Will they be OK for a PS4 with only one controller and no PS+ ? Does it require online connectivity ?

As others have noted, you don't actually play the Jackbox games with a controller (well, maybe you can with the first one with You Don't Know Jack? I don't remember...). You actually use your phone (or tablet, computer, laptop, etc. Essentially, it needs a web browser). And yeah, you need to be connected online.

However, if you're interested in that style of game (and they are an absolute BLAST with a bunch of people), but don't have the PS4 connected online regularly, check out That's You. It's Sony's version of that style of game, and I believe it's currently free if you have Playstation Plus.

The nice thing is that I believe it actually lets you turn your PS4 into a hotspot for people to connect their phones, so the PS4 doesn't need to be online to play it...allegedly. I've not actually tried it that way yet. (Btw, this one requires the device to download an app on Google Play or the App Store, not just visit a web page in a browser, so it's limited to phones and tablets for the most part)

Will definitely be snagging Jackbox 3 though. I have it on PC, but always nice to have it on the PS4 for when going to other places for family functions.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
- Jackbox Party Games 1
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered
- Back to the Future 30th Anniversary

that's it for me for this sale.

As others have noted, you don't actually play the Jackbox games with a controller (well, maybe you can with the first one with You Don't Know Jack? I don't remember...). You actually use your phone (or tablet, computer, laptop, etc. Essentially, it needs a web browser). And yeah, you need to be connected online.

However, if you're interested in that style of game (and they are an absolute BLAST with a bunch of people), but don't have the PS4 connected online regularly, check out That's You. It's Sony's version of that style of game, and I believe it's currently free if you have Playstation Plus.

The nice thing is that I believe it actually lets you turn your PS4 into a hotspot for people to connect their phones, so the PS4 doesn't need to be online to play it...allegedly. I've not actually tried it that way yet. (Btw, this one requires the device to download an app on Google Play or the App Store, not just visit a web page in a browser, so it's limited to phones and tablets for the most part)

Will definitely be snagging Jackbox 3 though. I have it on PC, but always nice to have it on the PS4 for when going to other places for family functions.

I do have my PS4 online, I just don't have PS+ so as long as that's OK, I'm good.

I know that the game gives you a 4 digit code that you need to enter via the jackbox.tv website on your phone/tablet/laptops etc .. that won't be a problem.

Looking forward to it.

jennetics

If you're planning on buying Jackbox Party Pack 1 and 2, don't buy them separately. This sale has a bundle for both for $17.99 (as opposed to $19.98 if bought separately)

Top Bottom