• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I do like and appreciate UPF, but with such an avalanche of monster games lately, to have episodes with obvious dud segments in every other episode is odd. No Zelda hijix, no Horizon hijinx, no Jason-Ass Jason Games (Toukiden 2, Nioh, Nier, some of those anime fighters recently released on steam like Melty, UNIEL, and the like).

Like, i dont know whats holding them up from the AMOUNT of premium videos they can do right now at West, but the judgement can be better hopefully.

Mr. F

Banned
Having this be my first real exposure to Splatoon, I'm super glad Alex went to bat so hard for its music during GOTY a couple years back. It's dope.

Teddified

That GBEAST playdate art.
2910969-gbe_playdate_showart.jpg

one of their better improv segments, though I was a bit dubious when Vinny just started into it. But Alex picking up the ball and running with it saved the bit.

Alex is low-key my fave pinch-hitter.

(I don't know what a pinch-hitter is but I assume it's good)

Yeah Alex was insanely good in that. And even Dan jumping in with the "I tried it once and I'm fine!" or whatever it was was hilarious.

As said before this whole east vs west "beef" that will perpetuate on here is fucking dumb and will continue to be fucking dumb until its legitimately different teams.

They are under the same banner and if you feel you like you are liking one "side" then fine but don't act the other side is such a fucking dumpster fire in the same breath when it really isn't.

one of their better improv segments, though I was a bit dubious when Vinny just started into it. But Alex picking up the ball and running with it saved the bit.

Alex is low-key my fave pinch-hitter.

(I don't know what a pinch-hitter is but I assume it's good)

Yep.

Dan's part and beyond was fucking gold.

Jintor

it's pretty interesting watching dan and alex play splatoon and comparing their playstyles. dan just isn't great but he's having fun anyway! alex was stumbling for a bit but once he got in the grove he was flicking around wiht precision.

vinny being down on the game is hashing my vibe :(

hamchan

I'm fine with separating West v East.

One side is clearly weaker than the other and there's no point putting your head in the sand and pretending the situation isn't what it is just because the output has been good thanks to East.

Jeff is being a good boss by identifying that weakness on one side and hiring more people for West. Just imagine when both West and East are firing at full strength and how great that'll be.

Mr. F

Banned
I think the separation is also easy to default to because there is virtually no crossover or collaborative content between the two offices. If there was more all-staff features it would be easier to blur the lines, I think.

pizzacat

Banned
I'm fine with separating West v East.

One side is clearly weaker than the other and there's no point putting your head in the sand and pretending the situation isn't what it is just because the output has been good thanks to East.

Jeff is being a good boss by identifying that weakness on one side and hiring more people for West. Just imagine when both West and East are firing at full strength and how great that'll be.

no one must lose and be sent to the x dimension

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing is that to me it's all just giantbomb content.

So west getting staffed up and stronger means that we get more giantbomb content.

C'est la vie.

p2535748

Just finished the Fast Five Film and 40's. Overall, really good but, and I'm sure this isn't a popular opinion, I thought Vinny was a little annoying in the final sequence. He kept expressing incredulity and ignoring things that were explained minutes earlier, or in one case something that literally happened ten seconds earlier.

Not a huge deal, it was just the first bit of annoyance I've had with the series. Still hugely enjoyable. The ghost stuff and wildlands references pretty much made me laugh every time.

darksagus

They should definitely keep doing film and 40s after they finish this series. Maybe not every week, but a couple times a month would be awesome. It's been my favorite thing they've done in a very long time.

LowRoller

They should definitely keep doing film and 40s after they finish this series. Maybe not every week, but a couple times a month would be awesome. It's been my favorite thing they've done in a very long time.

Yesssss. Films and 40's is my favourite giant bomb content.

Was it Dan or Drew who said they bought the Bond 50th Anniversary collection and wanted to go through them all? That's half a year of content right there.

Was it Dan or Drew who said they bought the Bond 50th Anniversary collection and wanted to go through them all? That's half a year of content right there.

That was Dan who said that, but if I remember correctly, he kept saying he never started watching them because the first few where do slow.

oti

Banned

Official F&40s Poll:

◻️ Harry Potter Saga
◻️ Twilight Saga
◻️ Transformers Saga

Pick one!

oti

Banned
Getting Dan to watch Harry Potter seems like a good idea.

So why aren't they just using guns?
I could kill a Dementor with my wrestling moves.
Is Hogwarts sovereign?
I'd be one of the cool kids, Gryffindaris.
Dan is a Hufflepuff though and through.
I would kill for a Horcrux.
Russia exists in Harry Potter world?
Where's the US school? I bet it's so much cooler.

Top Bottom