• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
WOW, the Sonic Demo Golden Axe track looks a straight rip off from MK7 Bowser Castle track !!!

It really isn't, it totally blows Bowser Castle out of the water.

Bowser's Castle doesn't have you speed-boating over Lava, and dodging giant dinosaurs as you fly through a collapsing mine-shaft.

Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) have confirmed demos (Wii U and 3DS) for Monster Hunter 3 in February.

That's the second bit of pleasing gaming news in a day and the third overall. Too much positivity! Time to be cynical and negative to balance the farce!

So there's no fix for the Lost Winds transfer to Wii U yet? Fuck you Nintendo! FUCK YOU!!!! :x

How was that?

Roto13

Kirby's Star Stacker – Join Kirby as he stacks falling stars with help from his friends Rick the Hamster, Kine the Sunfish and Coo the Owl. But watch out for King Dedede, as he will try to stop you. With a few quick moves and some well-timed strategy, you can quickly outwit him and move on to the next challenging level. Kirby's Star Stacker was originally released for Game Boy in 1997.

:O

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'll update the rest of the OP with dates from the releases list and stuff later.

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

BriBri

The Monster Hunter 3 demos are Feb 21 (UK), game set for Mar 21. If you didn't see my previous post then the demos are for both 3DS and Wii U.

Drago

Downloading the Fire Emblem demo, and at that price, I'll definitely consider Kirby Star Stacker.

Still waiting for Kirby's Dream Land 2 though... I think NoA forgot about it :/

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Anybody else not seeing the Sonic demo on an EU store?

No matter how I search for anything Racing-Transformed-related, it's all nil. Even when following the Miiverse or the Wara-wara links, it's still 'There is no information available for this software title'. What gives?

PL store here, BTW.

No matter how I search for anything Racing-Transformed-related, it's all nil. Even when following the Miiverse or the Wara-wara links, it's still 'There is no information available for this software title'. What gives?

PL store here, BTW.

PL? Poland?

It's up in the UK eShop blu. I got it from scrolling right down to the bottom of the screen and going into the demo section there.

Hope you find it/it's up on your store soon!

PL store here, BTW.
Go to the store page, I'm currently downloading the demo. You can't access it from the demo tab. Store seems to be a bit borked atm - can't access that Sing Party game either.

PL store here, BTW.

It was at the 'demos' section ( Spanish store )

I really liked it, may get it when I get bored of BLOPS 2.

blu

PL? Poland?

It's up in the UK eShop blu. I got it from scrolling right down to the bottom of the screen and going into the demo section there.

Hope you find it/it's up on your store soon!
That's right, PL is Poland. And thank you for the empathy, I am a bit frustrated right now.

Go to the store page, I'm currently downloading the demo. You can't access it from the demo tab. Store seems to be a bit borked atm - can't access that Sing Party game either.
How do I do that? I've tried every single way to get to the Sonic Racing page to no results. The most bizzarre thing is that the News Letter for today's update does not mention anything about Sonic! For reference, Sing Party is there.

It was at the 'demos' section ( Spanish store )

I really liked it, may get it when I get bored of BLOPS 2.
Ok, so ES, DE and UK stores all have it. Not the PL one, though. This is a tad frustrating, frankly speaking. I had promised my younger daughter a great surprise involving here favorite Sonic. So much for that. Thank you, NoE.

rjc571

Banned
I just played the Fire Emblem demo and I'm really blown away by the quality of the thing. The 3D looks amazing and everything just looks, sounds and feels completely solid. (Bonus points for running at 60 fps in 3D during battles, though the cutscenes and cut-aways of characters attacking each other predictably only run at 30.) I'm considering getting the game now even though I invariably end up playing these games for a few chapters and then shelving them for no particular reason. Only thing holding me back is the fact that I haven't spent $40 on a portable game in forever due to being spoiled by Newegg's $10 preorder discount promotions which they apparently stopped running, so I have a hard time justifying spending $40 on any handheld game.

Xander51

I was hoping that Tank Tank Tank would pop up for Wii U today, but alas it's still in the Coming Soon section. Looking forward to The Cave next week!

wsippel

Banned
Here's a new Wii U eShop that is coming :

The title is Armillo. It's a game that was originally developed on XNA. Now it's powered with the Unity engine.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/fuzzy_wuzzy_games_is_rolling_armillo_onto_the_wii_u_eshop

Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0soGcVT05s&feature=youtu.be

It looks cool to me. And we all know who thought this game would be perfect on the eShop. Just watch the trailer.
Called it:

:)

zroid

Banned
Armillo looks pretty good, I'll admit. I hope they can manage to polish up the visuals a little bit, but the concept seems sound.

The music wasn't too bad either, in fact. Nothing mindblowing, but it pleased my auditory canals.

I will not spoil Fire Emblem with the demo. I will not spoil Fire Emblem with the demo. I will not spoil Fire Emblem with the demo. I will not spoil Fire Emblem with the demo. I will not spoil Fire Emblem with the demo. I will not spoil Fire Emblem with the demo.

Really happy that The Cave is coming soon.

Not sure what is taking Toki Tori 2 so long.
Well one of the devs was asking the community about Miiverse integration before Christmas so I guess they want to add a couple of things.

How do I do that? I've tried every single way to get to the Sonic Racing page to no results. The most bizzarre thing is that the News Letter for today's update does not mention anything about Sonic! For reference, Sing Party is there.
I just could. No mention of Sonic in the update either here (DE) and the Sonic icon does not have a "demo" banner either. The Sing Party page only contains the video and the basic information for me, no way to buy it, no price etc.

Chuckpebble

Gunman Clive is 2nd on the PL Recent Bestsellers list. The only thing ahead of it is Pokemon Dream Radar.

Deserves 1st if you ask me. Came here specifically to gush about it. It's like Megaman's shooting & platforming mechanics with Contra powerups and a sweet western wanted poster art style. I bought it on a whim because it was cheap and I liked the animation. I was fully prepared for it to be just a bunch of same-ey levels in a western setting. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. It incorporates many of my favorite 2D platforming mechanics, tilting platforms, fire bars (made of electricity), and yes even minecarts. It even adds a few tricks that I wished games like VVVVVV and Metal Storm could do. So far the bosses are fun as well.

The 3D is really nice in this too. When in 2D, you still get a good sense of depth with the contrast thats used, but 3D really pops. And there's no ghosting at all for me, most likely due to the color palette.

I only have two complaints, its very hard to tell what gun you're gonna get from the drops on the ground. Also, I had one hard lock where I had to power down the console during a boss fight. But I fought him several more times afterwards and didn't have any more issues since. Maybe it was caused by me pausing and closing the console mid fight for a good while.

Haven't finished it yet, but I'm really loving it so far and highly recommend it.

tuffy

I only have two complaints, its very hard to tell what gun you're gonna get from the drops on the ground. Also, I had one hard lock where I had to power down the console during a boss fight. But I fought him several more times afterwards and didn't have any more issues since. Maybe it was caused by me pausing and closing the console mid fight for a good while.
There's a known bug that causes hard locks during a boss fight while 3D is turned on, though I haven't heard an ETA on the fix yet.

Roto13

I thought Kirby's Star Stacker was a Panel de Pon clone. :p It's different, but I like it. It's nice to play a game with the animals from Kirby's Dream Land 2 in it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Ikachan is (allegedly) dated/priced on the NA eShop--January 31, $4.99.

I remember Nicalis saying something about how the eShop and DSiWare versions would be released simultaneously, so maybe there's some hope for those of you who are stick rocking the DSi. (Then again, Nicalis.)

Frolow

Banned
Ikachan is (allegedly) dated/priced on the NA eShop--January 31, $4.99.

I remember Nicalis saying something about how the eShop and DSiWare versions would be released simultaneously, so maybe there's some hope for those of you who are stick rocking the DSi. (Then again, Nicalis.)

That reminds me, did Cave Story on DSi ever get released in Europe?

@MUWANdo

Banned
That reminds me, did Cave Story on DSi ever get released in Europe?

Nope! No eShop version, either. (Japan did get the DSiWare version, took about a year.)

For reference, there was roughly nine months between the NA and PAL WiiWare release, and around five months between the NA and EU release of VVVVVV 3DS (plus another five months for an AU/NZ release).

serplux

I wonder what that will mean for The Cave on the Wii U eShop in PAL? I'm fairly certain its out on PSN next week in Euro.

The game will probably just release as normal, considering the developer's decide the release dates now. (Btw, has the Americas changed their 3DS eShop policy to the Wii U, meaning they can have sales, custom release dates, etc?)

BriBri

Nope! No eShop version, either. (Japan did get the DSiWare version, took about a year.)

For reference, there was roughly nine months between the NA and PAL WiiWare release, and around five months between the NA and EU release of VVVVVV 3DS (plus another five months for an AU/NZ release).
I didn't even know Japan had the DSiWare version! Thanks for the heads up! Hoping UK get some Cave Story, NightSky and Guxt love soon.

MarkusRJR

I'm almost done purchasing WiiWare games that interest me (I have everything organized so it'll fit a perfect 3 pages on the menu). I'm already saving a spot for Retro City Rampage for when it comes out and another slot for when Lost Wings is available on the Wii U's Wii shop, but I have one slot after that. Which of these would you guys recommend?

Art of Balance
Excitebike: World Rally
LIT
Swords & Soldiers (considering picking this up on the PS3 though)
Tomena Sanner
Muscle March
ThruSpace

Oh, and does anyone know how long it'll take until Lost Winds finally is available?

I'm almost done purchasing WiiWare games that interest me (I have everything organized so it'll fit a perfect 3 pages on the menu). I'm already saving a spot for Retro City Rampage for when it comes out and another slot for when Lost Wings is available on the Wii U's Wii shop, but I have one slot after that. Which of these would you guys recommend?

Art of Balance
LIT
Tomena Sanner
Muscle March
ThruSpace

Oh, and does anyone know how long it'll take until Lost Winds finally is available?

Of those I would heartily recommend Art of Balance. It's probably my favourite and most played WiiWare game. There's a demo too so you could try it first to see if it is to your liking.

The Thruspace demo didn't really click with me but ymmv. Lit, I really like the concept but the execution disappointed me.

The others I have not played.

BriBri

I can't find Cave Story on the Japanese eShop:( Can any Japanese 3DS owners please see if the DSiWare version is still there? I've looked but cannot find:( Thanks!

blu

Art of Balance
LIT
Tomena Sanner
Muscle March
ThruSpace

Art of Balance and Swords & Soldiers are as good as DD games get. In other words they're great.

BTW, you have all of the Artstyle series, I presume?

zigg

The Thruspace demo didn't really click with me but ymmv. Lit, I really like the concept but the execution disappointed me.
Just as followup to this, I bought both ThruSpace back in the day and Ketzal's Corridors, and I don't know if this makes any sense or not, but I found KC a lot less awkward to play. Could've been something as simple as the control layout.

stuminus3

Art of Balance
LIT
Tomena Sanner
Muscle March
ThruSpace

+1 vote for Art of Balance, though if you have a 3DS there's a great version there too. Excitebike is not EXCITE, it's just regular Excite, and you can 100% really quickly.

rjc571

Banned

Art of Balance
LIT
Tomena Sanner
Muscle March
ThruSpace

I would get Lit, it's a really unique and well-designed puzzle game that makes great use of pointer and motion controls. Art of Balance, Thruspace and Swords & Soldiers are also good but they're better played on other systems.

Top Bottom