• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Macchiato

Ganon was desperate to get his Ganondorf body back, that's why he has Ganondorf's head, Zelda didn't have enough power to hold him completely and Link woke up to soon, that's why Ganon looks like an abomination. Both Link and Ganondorf were in "restoration sleeps". Dark Beast Ganon is his last attempt at doing damage to the world since Link and Zelda have one upped him at everything.

Wooooaahhh that's awesome!

I can't help but feel that they had a LOT of lore/story thought out for this game but couldn't figure out a way to incorporate it all in a satisfactory manner to fit into the vision of complete freedom from constraints.

I almost wish they could do a short animated series like FFXV had where we get to see all of these concepts fleshed out.

I have really high hopes regarding DLC2.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Did you take pictures of Ganon for the compendium? It gives you a tiny bit of explanation and context but it doesn't fix it. Also the Sheikah writing in the room you fight Ganon in is pretty interesting as well.

way too immersed to take pictures of Ganon.

~~ Link, your time has come to face the timeless evil that respawns eternally, from the darkest sources of the universe. Go forth, the final battle is upon..- SELFIE TIME, BITCHES! SMILE GANON! CHEEEEEEEESE

So I guess the battle was not that bad! :D

145 hours in. Just made it to Rito Village. The music. THE MUSIC! I hear you
Dragon Roost
theme!

UEApMj1.jpg

N° 2048

How is everyone counting their playtime?

The game doesn't keep track and the activity log trick doesn't work for me. Not accurate.

145 hours in. Just made it to Rito Village. The music. THE MUSIC! I hear you
Dragon Roost
theme!

UEApMj1.jpg

Yeah I really like the music there. Friend asked me where would I want to live in BotW's world, and I said among the inhabited places my favorites are Rito and Hateno; such pleasant and relaxing places.

rofl

here for you Zelda BotW community, a French humorist made a music video for the game. It's pretty well done but it's a shame you won't be able to understand most of the lyrics, some anecdotes are quite true and would have made you smile :)

Edit: I'm 150h in. Finished one time, all shrines and all beast, beat Ganondorf two times but still many things to do. Will do from start when the new DLC arrives. This game is so gooood <3

Has Nintendo confirmed if the path tracker will work with current playthroughs of the game? I have 111 shrines but want to find the nine I got left by exploring areas I might have missed by using that new functionality.

Has Nintendo confirmed if the path tracker will work with current playthroughs of the game? I have 111 shrines but want to find the nine I got left by exploring areas I might have missed by using that new functionality.

it does.

I thought a lot about which place i would want to live in botw and it's either tarrey town or kakariko to me.

jariw

Yes, but only for the first 200 hours. The first part of my gameplay is lost "already".

Is the only way to go to volcano area is to have
anti flame medecines
or is there other ways?

Here's the REAL way to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VX0wUwbjE

Yeah I really like the music there. Friend asked me where would I want to live in BotW's world, and I said among the inhabited places my favorites are Rito and Hateno; such pleasant and relaxing places.

Good choices!

Kakariko Village and Hateno Village are fine, but I just really wish the other villages with the Divine Beasts in them were a little bigger. I mean they're great, but they feel a little small. : (

Wait... How the hell did I never notice that it's that track? I was humming the thing from beginning to end and never noticed it! o_O

o_O

Hearing it for the first time was a moment. Once I entered the village I just slowly walked around aimlessly while twirling the camera around drinking up the atmosphere for like a good 15 minutes.

Red

Trial of Power is probably the best shrine I've played so far. Just finished--wish there were more like this. Lots of great items to find, too. My previous favorite was the one where you're meant to guide a balloon using a korok leaf.

N° 2048

Just checked my playtime, 36 hours. I swear I've barely done anything and I still only have the first set of armor + cold one lol

THIS GAME IS HUGE.

twitchy.gif

E-flux

It's not out until the 30th if memory serves.

Shame, well at least i will have few days to play it before i need to leave to army. Was there a new save slot included in that dlc update too? I want to start a new game with it but i don't want to overwrite my old save.

Red

At 102 shrines. I have six activated but incomplete shrines on the map, and I have five marked with stickers that so far are inaccessible. I also have two shrine quests going which I don't yet have the requirements for (dragon scales). I hope the remainder are in the death mountain area, which is the only place I haven't yet scoured.

I decided to explore Hyrule Castle a bit more. It's my third time to the area. I just discovered
the shrine at the docks, a Talus in an underground passageway, a library with a recipe book and the king's journal, and a Dinraal's scale. Finally a Dinraal's scale! I might be able to complete the dragon-related shrine quests without triggering dragon spawns after all. I'm going to keep digging into this place in the hopes of finding a Farosh's scale as well.
This place is so huge. Each time I explore it I find entirely new sections I was not even aware of previously.

A question: does the royal guard equipment side quest only require one piece of equipment to complete? I picked up a claymore but I've been skipping all the rest.

An aside: my weakest weapon right now is a Savage Lynel Sword at 58 attack power. My strongest bow hits 40x3 for 120. I've never been so overpowered.

The biggest flaw of this game in retrospect is that the survival elements become nearly non-existent as you progress. No more lighting torches in snow areas, eating hot peppers, figuring out how to get to Goron City, staying hydrated in the Gerudo region etc. Eventually the living, breathing world becomes an amusment park. A really sweet amusement park nonetheless.

Small nitpick for one of the greatest games

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I get to join you at last!

I thought it would be years before I got my hands on this, but my son finished with it so for Fathers Day I got a Wii-U and BOTW on "extended loan" (ahem). That'll be some extended loan being as I am a rabid nutcase completionist with a tendency to dawdle and sniff the flowers - Ocarina took me 120 hours, and I sunk 870 hours in Endless Ocean (and still didn't find everything). Think I can wave bye bye to the next year or so ...

Yes, but only for the first 200 hours. The first part of my gameplay is lost "already".

Oh crap I forgot about the 200 hours limit of that feature... I've already played more than that :/

Yeah 36 hours in nothing in this game.

Yeah, that sucks a bit.

I was thinking it would be amazing to create a map of the first 10 hours of GAF in the game by asking everyone to make a snapshot of the map and then overlaying them all together. It'd be interesting to see where people went once they got their glider and got off from the great plateau.

Red

I get to join you at last!

I thought it would be years before I got my hands on this, but my son finished with it so for Fathers Day I got a Wii-U and BOTW on "extended loan" (ahem). That'll be some extended loan being as I am a rabid nutcase completionist with a tendency to dawdle and sniff the flowers - Ocarina took me 120 hours, and I sunk 870 hours in Endless Ocean (and still didn't find everything). Think I can wave bye bye to the next year or so ...
You'll be playing the rest of your life.

jariw

Yes, you can miss nearly all of them. The side quests themselves aren't that interesting. Mostly, it's a lot of fetch quests though some are better than that.

There are two side/shrine quests chains that stands out IMO, the one that is completed in Rito village and the one related to town building.

BTW, here's a reaction video from Alex at NintendoLife, just after E3 Nintendo Spotlight. Nobody should make a comment like this after having played BotW. If they do, they missed some really good parts of the game. (This "brand new song" is in the game.)
https://youtu.be/SljWE9K-lkU?t=11m40s

Red

There are two side/shrine quests chains that stands out IMO, the one that is completed in Rito village and the one related to town building.

BTW, here's a reaction video from Alex at NintendoLife, just after E3 Nintendo Spotlight. Nobody should make a comment like this after having played BotW. If they do, they missed some really good parts of the game. (This "brand new song" is in the game.)
https://youtu.be/SljWE9K-lkU?t=11m40s
It's the molduga theme right? It's a great track but specific to a certain enemy in a certain area of the game. Easy to miss, and not likely to be encountered too often by anyone who's not farming those guys.

I wish we could put stickers down on the Hyrule Castle map. There are so many branching paths.

Top Bottom