• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Azzanadra

That sucks, but I find there's often a win streak to follow a losing streak, which is kinda fun in it's own right. Like all the benefits of smurfing for easy wins with none of the guilt of being a shameless jerk as a smurf.

Except it seems I am stuck in ELO hell now, in lower 1800s where we get people who refuse to switch from DPS despite having 4 of them on our team.

Solo Q really does suck.

I don't mind Mercy mains as long as they are good and aren't the idiots holding on to their res for half a match trying to get a big dick res in.

I'd consider myself to be a Mercy main (Or atleast she's my main healer character), and I'll honestly pop res in a battle the moment I see 2 or 3 people down. (A couple times I have solo ulted the tank because they had ults and I knew it could turn the battle around)

I just don't get why people pocket her ult like its a freaking Graviton Surge. It builds up SO fast.

Alucrid

Banned
i hate mercy mains too, probably more than every single one of you combined, but that person played only 6 hours worth of games in the bronze season, and it was their first season ever, unless im misreading whats on the screen

yeah. but bronze?

Except it seems I am stuck in ELO hell now, in lower 1800s where we get people who refuse to switch from DPS despite having 4 of them on our team.

Solo Q really does suck.
Just go zen. I got placed mid 1400. If you have good aim just kill everyone. Just got around plat and no one wants to play tank or heal.

I soloQ

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Solo Q really does suck.

I hit 1869 on a losing streak that was mostly my fault last week, and got back to 2098 in 20 games, and my new high of 2163 in 40 games from that point this week, all solo queue.

I find it unwise to blame your teammates for your rank. 4DPS games are winnable in their own way, and maybe better than a 2-2-2 comp with some absolutely terrible players.

Honestly, thinking your teammates always suck can be a cause of your own poor play, because you start playing like it's 1v6, inevitably lose the 1v6, and then reinforce it all over again by blaming your team.

aBarreras

also, i still dont know why i can play overwatch, i never bought it,

the only thing i can think of is since my brother has it on pc and my xbox one is his principal xbox one, somehow he is sharing OW to me?

i really dont know, i mean, i cant complain, the game is fun

anyone? :(

JHall

How is it any easier to climb with Mercy vs other characters?

The SR system rewards you for playing selfish. Let's say you one trick Mercy and you only go for huge resses instead of tempo resses. Since you're essentially padding your stats the game thinks you deserve to be in a high ranking bracket than where you actually belong. In doing so you'll gain more SR per win, and lose less SR per lose. There are players that only play Mercy in top 500 that have below 45% win rates and yet are still climbing. Mercy, Torb, Sym, and Sombra are the easiest characters to abuse this system.

Summer vacation I assume.

It honestly has nothing to do with Summer break.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think stevo's bronze to gm sym only stream proves that sym is not an easy way to game out SR bonuses. He was probably punished by the individual stats more than helped.

It honestly has nothing to do with Summer break.

Maybe, but what else is the reason?

Players giving up on the game? SR retooling? Nothing changed and everyone always thinks the current time is the worst time?

Nimby

Banned
How is it any easier to climb with Mercy vs other characters?

Mercy gains SR by healing numbers and resses. Lots of healing and and lots of resses at a plat level is good. If all you do is play Mercy, you will generally heal more and res more on average, so you gain more when you win, loss less when you lose. Kaboomz had a Mercy main yesterday on his team who had a season high of like ~3000 for season 4, and was 4000+ season 5 already. It's pretty big issue, because diamond level Mercys obviously aren't as good as master and GM supports who climbed legit.

Edit: GM Mercy mains: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6j24mc/meanwhile_mercy_mains_in_mastersgm/

Ahhhh...Friday night, nothing to do. Why not kick back and play a little Overwatch, finally try out the new map and the new buffs/nerfs.

"Preparing to download...28%"

Well, guess I'll play it next week then.

DR2K

Banned
These Reaper changes should put him at the top. Especially in KOTH maps. So damn stupid, might main him.

Swig_

I have a friend who, in season one, placed into gold (around 2000). Last season, he played a few games and ended up high silver (probably around 1800).

We played some placements together this season (I'm currently ranked 2400ish, I think) and somehow he got placed at a 1200 rating. We won several of the placements (didnt do all of them together and I may have completed all of mine before playing with him).

Does anyone known why that would happen? He's pretty bummed out about his ranking and may not even play comp this season because of it. He's not Diamond material, I don't think, but he's easily silver/gold. We can't even play comp together due to over 1000 rating difference between us.

I have a friend who, in season one, placed into gold (around 2000). Last season, he played a few games and ended up high silver (probably around 1800).

We played some placements together this season (I'm currently ranked 2400ish, I think) and somehow he got placed at a 1200 rating. We won several of the placements (didnt do all of them together and I may have completed all of mine before playing with him).

Does anyone known why that would happen? He's pretty bummed out about his ranking and may not even play comp this season because of it. He's not Diamond material, I don't think, but he's easily silver/gold. We can't even play comp together due to over 1000 rating difference between us.

Everyone's placements tended to trend way lower than previous season. I went from like 2200 at the end of Season 4 to 1500 after placements.

Yup, looks like we are getting Doomfist in a few weeks.They would not have removed it otherwise.

I'm on Team Hammond is Doomfist. Let's go

Swig_

Everyone's placements tended to trend way lower than previous season. I went from like 2200 at the end of Season 4 to 1500 after placements.

Strange. Mine went up. I was probably 2200 rating last season and placed around 2300.

I'm not sure if it would matter, but he mostly healed with Mercy in the placements.

Nimby

Banned
I think the McCree changes are more "substantial" than the Reaper changes. Sure Reaper is better, but he has trouble doing anything vs. DM and his tools to get in are obvious and easily avoided.

Soldier will still be a better pick than McCree, but at least his ult can do more damage/secure kills, especially with Mercy pocket. The weaknesses of McCree are still very much there, no escape, no mobility (takes longer to get high ground), weak against D.Va/Winston. His damage and flash are good, but so is Soldier's damage and heal station can help out supports as well.

Paltheos

Mine dropped only slightly. I don't remember the exact number but I dropped from 3115 to ... 3091? after placements.

Played my first match in Comp since the Roadhog nerf last night. Its such a strange experience watching Healers and DPS getting pulled in by his hook and surviving now.

Enemy team had a Roadhog on Offense on Volskaya, we utterly obliterated them and held them at 0% capture.
Interested to see if the changes they gave Roadhog were healthy. I kind of like new hog. It really forces people to give followup damage to people who are living.

Golden Loot Box gave me Officer D.Va. That's been the highlight of my night so far.

That's dope. It's her second best skin. The first being Palanquin in my opinion.

Blues1990

Interested to see if the changes they gave Roadhog were healthy. I kind of like new hog. It really forces people to give followup damage to people who are living.

That's dope. It's her second best skin. The first being Palanquin in my opinion.

As far as her non-legendary skins go, her White Rabbit & Taegeukgi Epic Skins are pretty great. Love the shade of blue with Taegeukgi, especially!

Summer2016_D.Va_Skin_Taegeukgi.png

I might be one of the few people who love D.va's junker outfits. Reminds me of Phantom Crash on the Xbox. Anyone ever play that back in the day?

Solo queue comp has been awful tonight. 1-3-1 so far, the last match being a KOTH with a group of 4 who chose DPS and only DPS the whole match, switching between all of them and charging in and dying immediately. The last round me and the Mercy just did our own thing we were so frustrated, and they didn't even notice.

Is there a group on PS4 doing any better? Because I'm about to turn this off and go back to Nioh, where at least I can be frustrated with only myself.

I like Cruiser a lot. I'll probably alternate between Officer and Cruiser for a while - they're definitely my favorites of hers.

Blues1990

I might be one of the few people who love D.va's junker outfits. Reminds me of Phantom Crash on the Xbox. Anyone ever play that back in the day?

Can't say I have played that game, but her Junker/Scavenger skins are pretty dope. Like with Roadhog and Junkrat, I love how her mech resembles a pile of scrap that was hastily put together & short hair suits D.Va to a tee.

The Summer Games 2016 had some of the best skins so far. I mean who doesn't want to play Merica Mcree!

Oh, yeah. The Epic skins especially are pretty awesome, and I still rock Champion/Weightlifter Zarya to this day. I wonder if we will get skins that are based off of the sprays? I'll be down with Table Tennis Mei and Seoul Cycler D.Va.

Owzers

We finally won a game once we shed Ned and Batman. Holding us back...

Can I be worse at dps than some of our randoms? It might be worth it.

I got lucky in soloq and won 3 in a row, at least I managed to end the session even.

Those games were not good. Not the way I wanted to come back to play as a group.

We finally won a game once we shed Ned and Batman. Holding us back...

Can I be worse at dps than some of our randoms? It might be worth it.

I got lucky in soloq and won 3 in a row, at least I managed to end the session even.

Those games were not good. Not the way I wanted to come back to play as a group.
Well I guess I won't be missed when this becomes a Persona weekend.

But I still blame two insta lock DPS randoms who couldn't out medal my Torb.

Top Bottom