• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Hopefully you guys took profits on ANS, taking a somewhat substantial downturn right now. May end up a good opportunity to pick up more depending on the drop.

Edit: May have been short-lived.

I wasn't home in time to try and cash out, then buy back in. I wonder if we are at a point now where this could be the new low for ANS, it could get higher around Monday.

Brandson

I wasn't home in time to try and cash out, then buy back in. I wonder if we are at a point now where this could be the new low for ANS, it could get higher around Monday.

People seem to hype up ANS a lot leading up to any scheduled events. If you want to ride those movements, you need to get out earlier than you think would make sense in order to hold onto profits.

People seem to hype up ANS a lot leading up to any scheduled events. If you want to ride those movements, you need to get out earlier than you think would make sense in order to hold onto profits.

Personally i'd be holding your ANS right now and see what happens after the re-brand.

Yeah, hoping it does surge into double digits. I am really hoping that more exchanges do take NEO on, it will help quite a bit. Bittrex is the worst sometimes, they have so overpriced ANS when compared to the other exchanges.

I just do not get China, it appears like the US was primarily buying into ANS yesterday and when China woke up there wasn't much movement. Not sure what is going on there, but usually they are big into their own tech.

How long is it taking to transfer coins from coinbase to another exchange? I keep seeing a message that says it may take longer than expected.

Mergesort

Yeah, hoping it does surge into double digits. I am really hoping that more exchanges do take NEO on, it will help quite a bit. Bittrex is the worst sometimes, they have so overpriced ANS when compared to the other exchanges.

I just do not get China, it appears like the US was primarily buying into ANS yesterday and when China woke up there wasn't much movement. Not sure what is going on there, but usually they are big into their own tech.

How long is it taking to transfer coins from coinbase to another exchange? I keep seeing a message that says it may take longer than expected.

Not that long. 10-20 tops. But you might want to buy litecoin and transfer it to the exchange instead of bitcoin, becaus of lower transfertime and price!!

Is anyone here using steemit.com?

Clefargle

I've been holding 700 aeternity tokens for a month now. Anybody have any idea about the prognosis on these? I bought them when recommended by someone in my network blindly.

Mergesort

I've been holding 700 aeternity tokens for a month now. Anybody have any idea about the prognosis on these? I bought them when recommended by someone in my network blindly.

I hate hearing the words "smart contracts" over and over again. It's like back in the day when bitcoin started as a "cryptocurrency" and any new coin tried to be a super new and "better" crypto etc.

The co founder gave it 8/25 points. He said it does nothing better than Ethereum and has 2 knockout criteria!

Source(german podcast): http://www.julianhosp.com/de/12-aeternity-ico-investieren-ja-nein/

Orca

I threw a couple hundred into OMG a couple weeks back, set a sell order for double my money and noticed it paid out today. Took a look and my sell price was 0.00005 lower than the high water mark on the curve so I'm happy enough with that.

Not sure what to throw into short-term next though.

I'm still intrigued by the trading bot project by Brandson and have been looking into what other people have done, among them this for an example: https://github.com/carlos8f/zenbot

Based on cursory glance into them, they seem to analyze market data of one currency and analyzes it to predict trends etc. However, recent drop of BTC price which dragged others down with it makes me think that perhaps a good trading bot should monitor more than one cryptocurrency since there seem to be relationship between them.

Walking fiend mentioned machine learning which I thought would require some special hardware but google seems to have a product for this where you can build TensorFlow model and train and run it on googles hardware for a price.

My own thought is that since markets are driven by people, who may not always make rational decisions, analyzing market data may not be enough. I believe in the US presidential election of 2016 they used bots to crawl through social media and news sites to find out whether there was positive or negative sentiment towards a candidate. Perhaps something like that could be of use in a trading bot.

pieface

I didn't know Aeterniy tokens had been released?

I was in their ICO. Thought they were holding them til next year....

Ethereum is consolidating at the $225-229 range. I would think with 8/1 around the corner and many exchanges placing a freeze on BTC transfer withdrawals to other exchanges that we might see a run back up to $270-300 range.

Ethereum is consolidating at the $225-229 range. I would think with 8/1 around the corner and many exchanges placing a freeze on BTC transfer withdrawals to other exchanges that we might see a run back up to $270-300 range.

Now is a time where I want to margin trade with BTC and ETH but I'm still waiting to see what happens. The market has been too stable for the last couple of days...maybe we'll see a massive dip or a massive pump.

Brandson

I'm still intrigued by the trading bot project by Brandson and have been looking into what other people have done, among them this for an example: https://github.com/carlos8f/zenbot

My preliminary bot logic essentially boils down to:
(1) when certain conditions are met, start doing short term momentum trades based on specific thresholds being reached within particular time frames;
(2) when those conditions are no longer seen, just hold ETH.

I'm currently working on revising the logic for point (2) because at this moment the market is in the (2) state.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on Signatum (SIGT)? Some people recommended I get in early on this coin but have never heard anything about it. Is it a legit project or just a scam/pump and dump coin?

Anyone care to share their thoughts on Signatum (SIGT)? Some people recommended I get in early on this coin but have never heard anything about it. Is it a legit project or just a scam/pump and dump coin?

Either way it's not smart to buy a brand-new coin that's already up 1000% with no supports built up. Just feels like NMR again to me.

BTC,ETH and LTC seemed to drop at the same time, like within minutes. Odd.

Yeah, I just noticed that too......but it also brought down a several of other coins too that I was holding.

It is looking like Eth is about to test $200 again. I have this feeling that we might be heading back down with this 8/1 crap looming, tons of people probably worried.

This might be a good time this week to buy up some more coins on the cheap as it seems there is a lot of red.

Donos

What are you buying into?

Probably more Siacoin.Still cheap. Not sure about more NEO but don't see it really dip much lower anymore (except a possible fallout because of fork shenanigans in august). AMA coming up, rebranding etc.

Not interested in adding more of the other coins i already have. Actually contented with my portfolio atm.

Probably more Siacoin.Still cheap. Not sure about more NEO but don't see it really dip much lower anymore (except a possible fallout because of fork shenanigans in august). AMA coming up, rebranding etc.

Not interested in adding more of the other coins i already have. Actually contented with my portfolio atm.

Siacoin is very cheap atm. I wonder if it does take off at some point down the road. Some of the news with the ASICs did scare people off.

I don't think NEO will hit those $4.50-$5 lows again, unless some crazy things happen with BTC in the next week. NEO for the most part has held up pretty strong. Even at $7.50 where it is at now is a good buy considering they have a host of upcoming news/events/launches in the next month. I would like to stock up some more on NEO, especially if it can get lower in price.

I did sell my Eth and made a small profit, just holding tight right now to see if it does drop any more.

I was going to get some more BAT now that it has stabilized at .12.

Stock up time.
Be careful; it is not looking good. As I said a couple of days ago, BTC hitting $3000 was either building a support or a resistance and now it seems more likely that it was a resistance rather than a support. The more people come to the conclusion that they might not be able to cash out above $3000, the more will start selling at lower prices. Resistance @ 2300 is especially important. If it goes below it with enough momentum, that is if it breaks it without reversal, it will probably go below $1800 as well. Wait a couple of weeks or so until after August $1000 to add to your assets. I'd possibly put maybe 10% of my fiat into coins so that just in case there is a large price jump, I don't completely miss it out, putting all your fiat into coins right now is gambling

KMO_090981_07091_1_t218_205252.jpg

So this Vitalik guy is quite a genius it seems....is Ethereum the future of cryptocurrency?

Brandson

Be careful; it is not looking good. As I said a couple of days ago, BTC hitting $3000 was either building a support or a resistance and now it seems more likely that it was a resistance rather than a support. The more people come to the conclusion that they might not be able to cash out above $3000, the more will start selling at lower prices. Resistance @ 2300 is especially important. If it goes below it with enough momentum, that is if it breaks it without reversal, it will probably go below $1800 as well. Wait a couple of weeks or so until after August $1000 to add to your assets. I'd possibly put maybe 10% of my fiat into coins so that just in case there is a large price jump, I don't completely miss it out, putting all your fiat into coins right now is gambling

Dropping below 2500/200 looking increasingly likely. Very little buying back on each drop now.

I do have an interest in getting into Cryptocurrency, but one of my friends told me its a realm of a "stupid white male libertarian wet dream"

Is this accurate or is she talking nonsense?

I do have an interest in getting into Cryptocurrency, but one of my friends told me its a realm of a "stupid white male libertarian wet dream"

It probably has some truth in it but what is her point? There's good money to be made there. If you don't like money, then don't bother yourself with it.

That's what it sounds like when you're being told the magical nature of what an independent currency holds.

I can't being to explain how any of this shit has value beyond the fact it does and some people have made money off of it, while others have basically been victim to internet bank robberies, only in this case the banks aren't insured and everyone loses everything.

The entire cryptomarket is taking massive hits today. Why? I guess because some dude in Korea said something!

That's what it sounds like when you're being told the magical nature of what an independent currency holds.

I can't being to explain how any of this shit has value beyond the fact it does and some people have made money off of it, while others have basically been victim to internet bank robberies, only in this case the banks aren't insured and everyone loses everything.

The entire cryptomarket is taking massive hits today. Why? I guess because some dude in Korea said something!

their has to be some underlying reason why their is value, it might be complex, but I assume an elite few people know how it works, and that's good enough

Most people have no idea what General Relativity, too many its magic or some metaphysical thing, but an elite few know the details of it, and that's good enough

isn't it?

Donos

Started this with 1000€ as gambling money anyway and made already profit with Antshares i bought, before it went over 4$.
That said the "stock up time" was just meant for me for adding a bit of siacoin and not as advice to anyone else. Don't listen to me please :)

Brandson

Been riding this wave down, picking up a few ETH. Not sure how much farther this is going to go. 2400 looks pretty strong at the moment. I'm feeling a bounce coming soon with Bitcoin and Ethereum's respective 4H RSI quite oversold. That is usually as clear a signal as you can get in crypto trading.

Top Bottom