• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

Ryan Coogler was at the WB conference. If he's at SDCC, maybe something substantial from Black Panther in addition to Thor Ragnarok?
Nah I wouldn't bet on it. Definitely no trailer.

Also there's new Thor: Ragnarok promo out there. I'll post it when I get home unless someone else does it.

El Topo

It's in German.
http://www.stern.de/kultur/film/kev...uzent--ein-held-fuer-alle-faelle-7548010.html

The (pretty good) article ends with an anecdote about his daughter picking up an Avengers book and asking him why there's only one girl. He subsequently promised her that women and girls should be able to find themselves in and get inspired by the movies. Another (translated) quote of his from the article is below.

"For too long we have been used (to the idea) that on the big screen all heroes are white men." - Feige

Pachimari

But what women can get their own movies besides Captain Marvel? I wouldn't mind that Black Widow solo still. And Wasp in Ant-Man is super nice. Also an Ultimates movie with Ms America and Blue Marvel would be swell. I want female Thor too. And way more Scarlet Witch please.

I'm actually liking a lot of Marvel's women.

Vibranium

Banned
Do a Black Widow solo movie, and have Bucky as a minor supporting character who is tracking Natasha and the villain(s) for Cap or Fury. Those two would make for a spy movie that could top The Winter Soldier (especially if the third act was smaller scale and more personal).

El Topo

Gotta be honest, I don't need a Black Widow movie. I feel like they missed the right moment for that one.

There wont be any announcements for new movies until 2019.

Maybe no official announcement, but I would assume we will learn about their 2020 movies in some form before that. I mean, we already know about GOTG3. Either way, we'll see.

Vibranium

Banned
Gotta be honest, I don't need a Black Widow movie. I feel like they missed the right moment for that one.

They missed the window for BuckyNat too. That stupid Banner/Widow fling...I just want to see flashbacks of them fighting each other in the Red Room.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I think the only cool way to do a Black Widow movie would be to not really have anyone with superpowers and just do a straight up spy movie. But I don't really want to see that, I'd much rather them give a new hero a movie or Scarlet Witch and The Vision.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Maybe no official announcement, but I would assume we will learn about their 2020 movies in some form before that. I mean, we already know about GOTG3. Either way, we'll see.
Prepear to be disappointed for the foresable future.

Pachimari

I want a that Black Widow solo set in the past during her time in the Red Room, or at least have flashbacks there. I don't feel like they've missed the opportunity yet. That said they probably won't do it.

The Kree

Banned
I want a that Black Widow solo set in the past during her time in the Red Room, or at least have flashbacks there. I don't feel like they've missed the opportunity yet. That said they probably won't do it.

I wanted this too, but not anymore. My only problem with this idea is that they've already leaned so heavily into her reforming herself, wanting to have a family, and now they've stalled her arc by making her a fugitive. Now I wanna see her either get some kind of resolution soon or have her collapse into being a villain.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Will the Marvel panel be streamed by any off-chance?

The Kree

Banned
Will the Marvel panel be streamed by any off-chance?

Will a supermodel knock on my door tonight to beg me to teach her the arts of love-making?

nIMNmhu.gif

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That's a nice Thor Ragnarok poster.

The BP one is not bad, if we compare it to the first one.

The other thing that makes Defenders a hard sell for me is that the involvement for half of the characters seem kinda flimsy. Danny makes perfect sense in a story about the Hand, Elektra's apparent resurrection gives them material for Matt... but why are Jessica and Luke there? Except for the fact that they both live in New York, they have no ties to the conflict. In a post-Avengers world, this isn't enough for me. It's kinda how I felt about Ant-Man being incorporated in the larger MCU and it's gonna be interesting to see how the Russos tackle this in Avengers 3 and 4, if at all. Shit like this reeks of corporate mandated crossover. Which is kind of a given, I guess, I just wish they gave us a few bursts of Febreeze. The second Justice League trailer playing to "Come Together" was the most cynical shit ever.
We don't know how that's going to play out, I mean, we *could* just wait until the show has actually been watched by someone before deciding the way they were brought together is good or terrible, right? We have seen like 6 mins total of an 8 hour show.
Also, I suspect there is a reason Claire was in all 4 shows.

Claire appears in Daredevil, Season 1.
"I really like this character!"

Claire appears in Jessica Jones.
"Oh, that's a bit coincidental...but still, neat!"

Claire appears in Luke Cage.
"Again? This is getting a bit silly."

Claire appears in Iron Fist.
"Oh, for fuck's sake..."
Claire was the second best thing in IF after Ward, so you guys need to chill.

kunonabi

That's a nice Thor Ragnarok poster.

The BP one is not bad, if we compare it to the first one.

We don't know how that's going to play out, I mean, we *could* just wait until the show has actually been watched by someone before deciding the way they were brought together is good or terrible, right? We have seen like 6 mins total of an 8 hour show.
Also, I suspect there is a reason Claire was in all 4 shows.

Claire was the second best thing in IF after Ward, so you guys need to chill.

She was the worst she's ever been in IF. Wing talking about how amazing a fighter she is after a couple classes, goes to China for no damn reason at all, and gets one over on a member of the hand. It was bloody awful.

Pachimari

They just announced Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet van Dyne!

More Ant-Man and the Wasp casting announcements:

Hannah John-Kamen is the Ghost!
Randall Park is Agent Jimmy Woo
Laurence Fishburne is Dr. Bill Foster, aka Goliath!

curb

Banned
Carol's costume looks fantastic. I wonder how she'll tie in with everything else given that she's surely got to show up in Avengers 4. Love the Skrulls stuff though.

Edit: maybe it will result with her heading off to represent earth in space. For 20 years though? I mean, I'm assuming she'll be active with the Avengers in current continuity eventually. I'm really just spitballin' - no concrete theories in my part.

curb

Banned
Well, female superhero movie. If WW2 is set in the past as well we have our pattern.
Not a fan of the whole "in the past" movies, but everything else about the movie sounds awesome.

I'm with you. I'm sure they'll (at least attempt to) justify setting it in the 90's so I can't judge yet. Wait and see.

Top Bottom