• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Play Scores 'n Such (Super Paper Mario = Sonic 360)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Drinky Crow said:
i don't care how zany and internet dork snarky your text is, i don't want it in my platformer. i can get the same effect as a treehouse localization by hitting "view last posts" on anihawk's name and piping it through a grammar checker.

:lol Great post... I kinda figured that SPM was gonna have a lot of text in it, but like others said, hopefully it doesn't get in the way TOO much in pure platforming sections, and its easy to skip through (has options for fast text speed and such). I have too many RPGs to play already.

MC Safety said:
I can't believe you're still mad we tossed your resume in the trash at Xbox Nation.

haha, like i'd be *allowed* to write for an xbox magazine.

jesus hell, have i ever applied for work at a magazine? i think che asked me to write something for the official dreamcast mag like eons ago, but my resume is pretty ****in' ill-suited for videogames magazine work regardless -- i'm a compiler software developer and networking api writer, not a journo. i freelance when industry pals ask me to.

edit: oh, am trolled. i couldn't remember if i'd done something stupid like send my resume to zd at some point. so i drink a lot. what of it!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My concern for SPM began once I saw a video of Mario grabbing a mushroom and having a large textbox explain how said mushroom got dumped into an inventory pool. Any illusion of this game being a creative twist on a near dead genre died at GDC.

Baryn said:
****, I already pre-ordered - what should I do?!!

an 8.5 from a reasonably critical reviewer is hardly bad; ****, i'm a nintendo hater and i'd buy super paper mario if i had a wii. unlike some of you pindick schmucks, i can get great mileage out of games with flaws -- and i haven't played a flawless game yet in 30+ years of experience. one of the things that makes dave halverson, well, dave halverson is his insistence that a game's flaws must not only go unacknowledged but likewsie rejected if the larger experience tickles him just right. don't be a halverson.

only on gaf must a game score a 9 or above from all outlets to merit purchase

haircut

Pretty interesting take on Super Paper Mario they've got going here. I was really excited about the combination of the awesome Paper Mario art style with a Nintendo platforming game but...

The more I think about Paper Mario 2's pacing, plot, and vast amounts of useless dialogue the less I want to experience this new game. At least this new game seems to have shorter load times between screens than PM2, which is a plus. Downgrading my prediction from spectacular to solid and if this goes the way I think it might I'd probably rather spend my time playing one of the millions of quality platformers on the DS or GBA.

Top Bottom