• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden (Vita) -- E3 2012 Trailer

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Holy Shit, October!?!?! I just assumed it was going to be a December release like the original, thats fucking awesome!

Wikipedia lists the NA release at October 23, 2012.

So... RE6, P4G, and Virtue's Last Reward in one month. So many games this October hngggggh.

Wikipedia lists the NA release at October 23, 2012.

So... RE6, P4G, and Virtue's Last Reward in one month. So many games this October hngggggh.

I'm also getting AC3 on Vita so that should be a good handheld month. hnnnnnngh

On a side note, where are all you Europeans going to order P4G from now that the gloriousness that was PlanetAxel is no more? I'm not going to wait an indefinite amount of months/year before this gets to European shores.

I must have it in my veins this October/November. :)

Also, does anybody knows what this feature does in the game?

The ability to call for help via WiFi when your party reaches critical state

Perkel

Banned
I'm also getting AC3 on Vita so that should be a good handheld month. hnnnnnngh

On a side note, where are all you Europeans going to order P4G from now that the gloriousness that was PlanetAxel is no more? I'm not going to wait an indefinite amount of months/year before this gets to European shores.

I must have it in my veins this October/November. :)

Also, does anybody knows what this feature does in the game?

PsStore ?

Most of content on EU psn is the same.

I don't have even one game on cartrige. All of them are on PSN.

I understand what you're trying to say but I don't think you understand how Atlus operates in Europe.

Just take P3P as an example. If I could get P4G in October on the EU PSN I'd be all over it, but sadly that won't happen.

Most of content on EU psn is the same.

I don't have even one game on cartrige. All of them are on PSN.

Content is the same, eventually but the prices are massively different.

Remember that great time when Atlus dropped the price of all their games on PSN? Yeah that was US only.

Vita is region free isn't it? We should just be able to import. Anyone know a reliable, quick import site that is offering P4G?

PlanetAx..... :( T'was only 30 euros there too... :( :(

I guess your best bet right now would be VGplus.ca, but after their database hack last year and their complete inability to acknowledge it, a lot of people are turned off by that shop.

Kenka

Does the game feature new songs ? I'd be much happy to hear some Reincarnation tracks (and new ones) in the game.

luca1980

Banned
My retail copy is as good as instant. Takes a max of 2 seconds for anything that might require loading.

It's lightning smooth.
For battles? Is also p4 better than 3? Plot wise and setting wise?
Anyway I will probably buy a vita for this and ys. Take that fucking 3ds region lock

Levyne

Banned
I liked 3 better than 4 so far (still working my way through the ps2 version of 4) because it has a creepier/darker tone. Well I suppose there's still time but the first half of the game has been a lot more light-hearted.

Perkel

Banned
I understand what you're trying to say but I don't think you understand how Atlus operates in Europe.

Just take P3P as an example. If I could get P4G in October on the EU PSN I'd be all over it, but sadly that won't happen.

Wasn't there rule in Playstation Vita License about if game is released to the retailers game should be avabile on PS Store ?

It's noy every Vita game that has custom soundtrack functionality. It has to be enabled by the developer, and I don't recall seeing the option available in my play experience. Then again, I hadn't ever turned the music app on before playing P4G so someone else try it out?

Zoibie

No clue. I didn't realize the Vita even had that function.

Just play some music in the music app, press the PS button to pop out to the main menu and load up the game, it should continue playing.

It's noy every Vita game that has custom soundtrack functionality. It has to be enabled by the developer, and I don't recall seeing the option available in my play experience. Then again, I hadn't ever turned the music app on before playing P4G so someone else try it out?

I think it's the other way around on the Vita: custom soundtracks are supported by default unless the developers don't want it.

Clott

Listening to reincarnation again, when did I fall in love with the ost? I used to like it but it's on another level now.

Trigger

Listening to reincarnation again, when did I fall in love with the ost? I used to like it but it's on another level now.

Strings add a new level to the original stuff. The Reincarnation take on the battle version of "I'll Face Myself" is tremendous.

Hoping this game isn't delayed, my brother has a plane flight in late October and is really looking forward to playing P4 Golden. He's only watched me play P4 now and again so it's going to be a brand new experience for him, I honestly never expected him to be interested in the series.

Nohar

I'm currently doing a Persona marathon here. In fact, I discovered Persona 3 FES not long ago... And, well, if I hated (for reasons which remains oddly forgotten) "SMT:Lucifer's Call" (aka Nocturne), I fell in love with P3 and its universe (great story, ambiance, voice actors...). I bought P4 when I reached the half-point of P3. The next day, I stumbled on this announcement for P4 on Vita. Weird.

Anyhow, I guess I shouldn't have started P4 right after finishing "The Journey" on P3 : after a taste of P4's awesomeness, I can't get myself to come back and finish "The Answer" (which bugs me a little, to be honest...). P4 is just better gameplay-wise : so, so much little but vital gameplay changes which improves the game greatly, like the square-button teleportation magic, the fact that this time we control all characters instead of just the MC (no more Mitsuru casting Mind Charge or Ice-break when she shouldn't, no more ridiculous healing decisions from the AI (Koromaru who throws a freakin' Medecine, healing 50 HP to a character who has a total of 600+ and who really could use a Bead (Full Heal) instead... The worse is, even if I got rid of any low-level healing items, they would still use such items... It was driving nuts to see the AI wasting turns like this - thankfully, the Full Assault tactic helped to correct a little these situations) ), faster combat animations (oh thanks God, the Persona-summoning animation is shortened when I get a +1 turn), the possibility to check the friggin' abilities and magics directly when on the Persona menu (something which couldn't be done on P3:FES - since I wasn't familiar with the SMT series, and didn't play Nocturne for very long, I needed a full list of spells definitions in order to play efficiently... Sorry, but for a newcomer, spells names like Tarukaja, Recarm, Maragio etc. aren't really descriptive. At all), slightly quicker loading times... I just rescued the 4th member of my squad, but I'm already in love with the game.

Though... I'm still curious to see if, story-wise, P4 will be better than P3. Let's be honest : P3 story-telling pace was kinda odd sometimes, but the story and characters were beyond awesome, and the characters really touched me (special mention to Shinjirou, Ken - even if story-wise he kinda faded away after his mini-storyline -, Mitsuru, Junpei... *sob*).

Also, the epic freak out of "Maya" when we meet her in real life was the most hilarious thing of the game (that, and the "execution").

This "superior" version seems very interesting... But, still, this won't lead me to buy the Vita... Not now, at least.

... Now, where is my Tarot divination deck ?

LuuKyK

I don't even know the reason, but back when Persona 4 got released on the PS2 I didn't play it, so this is the perfect opportunity to go back to the series after finishing P3P. I will definitely buy a Vita for this.

Torraz

On what region console are you guys playing the imported japanese version? It's not region locked, right? I ask since I just read that persona 4 arena (the fighter) is apparently region locked...

CSX

So i spoiled myself some of the new events in Golden

The wait...it hurts so much :(

Must resist importing.

-GJ-

On what region console are you guys playing the imported japanese version? It's not region locked, right? I ask since I just read that persona 4 arena (the fighter) is apparently region locked...

About Arena; the game itself probably isn't region locked, but I guess the servers will be. So people with a PAL copy can only play against other players with a PAL copy and it'll be the same for players with an NTSC copy. My guess is that if you'd import it from Japan, you could only play against Asian players, but don't pin me down on that.

About P4G; the Vita hardware doesn't have a regionlock for games, only for DLC. I don't think it's possible for developers/publishers to put a lock on games for the Vita.

Top Bottom