• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

TheFatMan

Palace 5 is draining my soul from me. I haven't been able to play it for more than 30 minutes at a time, it is so tedious.....

Why cant I be done with this!

Capra

Just about finished - I did the final boss and I'm going to do the ending later.

So what's the difference between Hard and Merciless? I was thinking of stepping up in NG+ to maintain some kind of challenge despite keeping my compendium and confidant perks. From what I understand it seems like exp is harder to get and the damage values for crits and technicals are 3x instead of 2x?

Jiraiza

Os2sxra.jpg

The Almighty Arsene is complete.

God, I wish I could've gotten the stats to look perfect and be 40/90/45/90/40. My OCD is triggered so hard.

Cess007

Quick question, when doing a Hold-up, when I select "Talk", sometimes, one of the options will appear in red? Why is that? I means it may not work/fail?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Quick question, when doing a Hold-up, when I select "Talk", sometimes, one of the options will appear in red? Why is that? I means it may not work/fail?

Opposite, actually - it means whatever associated sun confidant rank you have, it's a sign that it's active.

I.e. the red money dialogue means more cash (though sometimes less than being able to ask twice), and same with the mask acquisition or getting a more rare item.

Opa-Pa

It means the demon will join you instantly without questions thanks to your Sun confidant skill. This applies to any option in red.

Hylian7

Question on 6th dungeon:
Is it actually possible to lose the giant slot machine? They kept saying how there was a 20% chance the rigging wouldn't work. It would have sucked to have to go back and spam the dice again just to be able to attempt the giant slot machine again. I got 777 on my first try.

I'm at the point where I had to get an appointment to go to the high roller floor (or whatever it was called). I'm glad I made it from the start of the dungeon all the way to that point in one day.
SP Adhesive is so damn worth it. I can definitely reach the treasure next trip and then send the calling card, assuming the stuff that happened at the start of the game doesn't interrupt the boss fight.

Something that bothers me: they make a big deal how they have to sneak in and steal the treasure, but the palace owner always catches them and there is some kind of boss fight. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being stealthy?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yeah baby

1PGeIeH.png

144 hours and 2 playthroughs.

Guess Who

Banned
can i stop a confidant from turning romantic? when i call the hearts are by my loading icon. I've already reverted to a save 2 hours + earlier.

In most possible romanceable confidants, there will be a message saying something like "I should pick my words carefully..." during their rank 9 scene. How you answer during that bit determines whether it's platonic or romantic.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
In most possible romanceable confidants, there will be a message saying something like "I should pick my words carefully..." during their rank 9 scene. How you answer during that bit determines whether it's platonic or romantic.

But it sounds like they already did that and went romantic. As far as I know, there's no undoing that but reloading an old save.

Yeah baby

144 hours and 2 playthroughs.

Congrats! But now I'm sad I didn't get a screenshot of mine when it was still at .1%

I guess my Wipeout 2048 plat is still my rarest.

Opa-Pa

Lmao I think my Vishnu may have close to 100% critical rate with Sword Dance? With 48 luck and Apt Pupil he has done 9 criticals in row and counting lmao. This is amazing.

silva1991

God, I wish I could've gotten the stats to look perfect and be 40/90/45/90/40. My OCD is triggered so hard.

I wonder if you can inherit Thanato's almighty move(severe to all with a high chance of insta kill)

That will make your Arsene very brutal.

Aselith

Find you a man that looks at you the way
Akechi
looks at the protagonist. Good lord, you could fuck his mom and it would cause a rousing brodown.

BouncyFrag

I'm finally at the very last area and have no clue what is about to happen other than knowing that shits about to get real.
But this is the third time I've thought I was at the end tho...

ChrisD

Haru looks so happy when you Baton Pass to her.

Then she follows up the happiness with a murderous Triple Down

It's quite the leap

Splinter

Im currently level 7. I'm halfway through the first palace, at the chapel, pretty close to finding Kamoshida treasure. I have 10 days until I am expelled. Do I have enough days to kill that I can hang with confidants, purchase items, etc? As far as the palace goes my only issue is getting low on SP, the only replenishing items I have found are the Energy Drinks in the schools courtyard that replinish 5 SP for ¥300. Are there any more vending machines like that? I assume they refill every day? Any other items I can find early in the game that help with SP?

Should I grind to build my level and collect items or am I good to finish the palace? What is the least amount of days required to complete it?

Edit: Found the SP soda vending machines. From reading online level 7 seems to be too low, most recommend 10-11. I'm thinking about grinding until level 10, and capturing/fusing better personas (mine is a level 5 pos). Do I have enough time to do this? (10 days left). I assume I can just stay in the palace while I grind to 10, and the only lost day would be whenever I fused the personas... Am I correct? I'm still it sure what officially ends a day.

JimPanzer

Is it possible to play the game bought from the EU/US shop with Japanese text or is it only audio? Don't want to go through the hassle buying from the Japanese PS store, don't own a credit card.

Exentryk

Pretty good. I should be able to do better tho :p

Anyway, can you let us know if you can't evade any specific attacks, once you've tested it?

Jiraiza

Tower, Rank 10:

Pretty heartwarming story, I'd say. Cool kid.

I've got mixed feelings about hiring rank 10 with Mara, though. Curse this penis monster.

Defuser

Ok after spending 2 hours grinding in mementos to get my level up to 51 I finally max out Caroline/Justine Rank which allows me to make higher level Persona. Now the question is there any guide to make OP yoshitsune?

Jiraiza

Pretty good. I should be able to do better tho :p

Anyway, can you let us know if you can't evade any specific attacks, once you've tested it?

There's not much to improve on, unless you mean the En stat. Ultimately doesn't matter since his offensive power won't change either way, and that's the goal here, really.

Spell Master could probably get tossed for Null Phys or something since SP usage becomes moot once you hit 99 and have another Persona loaded with SP regeneration skills. Victory Cry is an interesting option too, but that's a NG+ skill.

zulux21

Ok after spending 2 hours grinding in mementos to get my level up to 51 I finally max out Caroline/Justine Rank which allows me to make higher level Persona. Now the question is there any guide to make OP yoshitsune?

o_O
gain 20 more levels and save money.

I am not there myself but that is gonna be one hella (yes hella :p) expensive job I mean yoshitsune alone will cost you like 200k in fees just to make him with that ability.

Exentryk

There's not much to improve on, unless you mean the En stat. Ultimately doesn't matter since his offensive power won't change either way, and that's the goal here, really.

Spell Master could probably get tossed for Null Phys or something since SP usage becomes moot once you hit 99 and have another Persona loaded with SP regeneration skills. Victory Cry is an interesting option too, but that's a NG+ skill.

You'll see... :p
In 3 months time, coz that's probably how long it'll take me to get to end game :(

Jiraiza

You'll see... :p
In 3 months time, coz that's probably how long it'll take me to get to end game :(

I'd like to know since I'm checking all the skills and there's really nothing I see that can improve my Arsene. No idea what you're researching, but I must be missing something since you seem pretty confident about it.

Someone made a similar build on Alice (ignoring the Survival Trick), so I don't think there's anything else.

Top Bottom