• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Talking about gwenpool, I really should make a decision on which of these characters to champ before the legendarys change over. Gwen, Ghost Rider, or Miles? I'm kinda thinking GR, even though he's kinda marginal, he's not in tokens any more

Dalek

Talking about gwenpool, I really should make a decision on which of these characters to champ before the legendarys change over. Gwen, Ghost Rider, or Miles? I'm kinda thinking GR, even though he's kinda marginal, he's not in tokens any more

Out of those three I would pick Miles. He's more versatile and can be invisible.

Ghost Rider is good for one thing only and that's his Penance stare.

zulux21

ghost riders best move doesn't get any more powerful from leveling him up so *shrugs* though he could be useful as well if the game counts overkill for thanos :p

really miles isn't bad now, the issue being that 3* spiderman still really needs a rework (or give us a peter 4* as while 3* spiderman makes some web titles with blue (spidergween with purple or yellow and miles with yellow) and mile's passive gives you purple and blue and red.... the end result is gwen and peter can pretty easily stun lock ateam with the ap generated but none of them are very good at killing.

it's a kind of fun team (though I need to get the rest of the covers for gwen) but it takes a while as you need to have 5 red gwen covers to do any real damage.

beyond that though miles isn't amazing. gwenpool at least has her random moments lol.

Today in things I'm having too much fun with: The required nodes in Thunderbolt Mountain, Ghost Rider + Carol Danvers. GR makes Green my strongest color, which means that when Hulk pops anger, he just makes green matches which do about 2300 damage to his team, which makes another anger go off and cause more matches, and so on and so forth. It's like the MPQ equivalent of "stop hitting yourself".

zulux21

bleh... already ran into two bugs

first one was one of the wave nodes I beat I didn't unlock thanos had to restart the game (and it might have just unlocked because we hit round 3)

second one is despite it saying match or destroy on the gems storm's green isn't triggering the gems -_-

6 pulls on the Starlord tokens...4 Wasps a RiRi. And a Venom. Feels bad man.

sucks, but to be fair star lord really doesn't look like a very good character.. I'm sure there is some combo i might be missing but from what I can see he seems to be a middle of the pack 3/5 star.

Triz

Just a heads up. It seems even if you are waiting your 8 hours for node unlocks if the round is completed you can fight Thanos again.

Spoit

I'm probably missing something, but the 5* version of SL really doesn't even look that great. It'd be a much better use of CP to hit up the latest legends before thanos rotates out

zulux21

I'm probably missing something, but the 5* version of SL really doesn't even look that great. It'd be a much better use of CP to hit up the latest legends before thanos rotates out

those were my thoughts as well, neither the 3 or 5 star seem very good. hands down the current version of 4* starlord seems better

Malmorian

Kinda pissed that we will now have *3* Star Lord's. Seriously?! I get releasing a 3* version of Strange and Thanos since they were new, and to an extent Hawkeye ( of which now there are technically 4 of ) but I think they chose badly by not going with Nebula or Yandu.
:/

Kinda pissed that we will now have *3* Star Lord's. Seriously?! I get releasing a 3* version of Strange and Thanos since they were new, and to an extent Hawkeye ( of which now there are technically 4 of ) but I think they chose badly by not going with Nebula or Yandu.
:/

I would say they chose poorly if I thought they had a choice. I get the feeling Marvel said "make new versions of the core team" and that's exactly what happened (we're getting a new Gamora and a Rocket+Baby Groot soon, too).

zulux21

Honestly guys, its not about getting him because he is great, I just need him to have all 5 stars.

I guess... but he is about as useful to have rostered as any 1*
he won't be required for anything or boosted often ect.

he will just take up a roster slot :p

that being said once I get one I will roster him too, though I think I am at 130 slots now so I have a few extras.

Spoit

Anyway. What are you guys using for Galactus? I'm using my kacelius team of Thing/coulson/QS, but it definitely feels like that will only work for another round or two before the countdowns get out of hand

zulux21

Anyway. What are you guys using for Galactus? I'm using my kacelius team of Thing/coulson/QS, but it definitely feels like that will only work for another round or two before the countdowns get out of hand

i've been playing with a few things but wininfite seems like it will work just fine as long as prof x doesn't take the chrage hit :p

zulux21

I've been using Star-Lord, Gwenpool and Drax.

I haven't seen much reason to use starlord since the only time his passive would trigger is when it couldn't go off because the tiles couldn't be changed.

which then just leaves his other two moves, which while not bad his read is only really great when you create a bunch of countdown tiles.

Dalek

I haven't seen much reason to use starlord since the only time his passive would trigger is when it couldn't go off because the tiles couldn't be changed.

which then just leaves his other two moves, which while not bad his read is only really great when you create a bunch of countdown tiles.

I'm using boosted characters for their massive HP-and counting on Gwenpool to take out the columns when I can.

MiTYH

Wish I had Gwenpool...

Been using iron fist for the steady damage, and anything to gain matches faster, plus boosted ones for the HP

HotHamBoy

How is this game on consoles vs mobile?

I played the mobile one a few years ago and I lost my save so I left it behind.

Btw, have you guys play Magic: Puzzle Quest? I think it's a more interesting, deeper game.

Although Gems of War by the original Puzzle Quest devs is the best one out right now.

Triz

Starlord, Antman and 4starwolvie.

All are boosted and all are champed. Antmans yellow will make Starlords red hit for about 20k

zulux21

Starlord, Antman and 4starwolvie.

All are boosted and all are champed. Antmans yellow will make Starlords red hit for about 20k

i didn't realize how much extra damage his red does when boosted.
antman is a decent partner for star lord. I am also running hulkbuster so if I get 30 black AP I can just make it into red lol.

also new round.

And something I might try since I just got my 13th cover for him: Agent Venom. Get the gem that gets you 30 in a random color, and he gives you damage and board shake for a bunch of turns afterwards.

MiTYH

Crash of Titans today depends more on coverage than number of covers.

Mine was 4/2/1 level 152. Took about 3 tries to get a working board where I had control, but then it went easily. Agreed, 1 of his red KOs me, so it stinks, but it's still doable

Crash of Titans today depends more on coverage than number of covers.

Mine was 4/2/1 level 152. Took about 3 tries to get a working board where I had control, but then it went easily. Agreed, 1 of his red KOs me, so it stinks, but it's still doable

I mean, most are doable even with underleveled characters. But 90% of the matches my character is killed in one ability even when they're moderately covered. Makes them a real pain in the ass grinding the RNG until I have a decent board.

but there is no power scaling with this one...
that is just how a max level hulkbuster is :p

I mean for my own 4 stars. They take way too many covers to actually be useful and it's ridiculous that he's almost at the same level as a fully covered 3 star but can't take one damn hit from Hulk Buster.

How is this game on consoles vs mobile?

I played the mobile one a few years ago and I lost my save so I left it behind.

Btw, have you guys play Magic: Puzzle Quest? I think it's a more interesting, deeper game.

Although Gems of War by the original Puzzle Quest devs is the best one out right now.

Since no one replied to you:

The game on console is completely different than it is on mobile. The core gameplay is the same, but a lot of the things around it are different.

zulux21

yay my starlord token was 1k iso.

also yay the next pve event has a yellow nova in it for progression so I can mostly sit that one out (might as well get the 3* star lords from it)

Triz

Im one Thanos kill away from the token. He really isn't that hard, much easier than the other boss events. Or maybe thats just because I have 3 of the buffed 4 stars to wren him every time.

Spoit

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. 4cyke's red didn't actually destroy the tile, making me miss my match, and making me wipe (I have had a string of terrible matches where I couldn't get a single damn match, and have already wiped on thanos 3 times in a row)

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. 4cyke's red didn't actually destroy the tile, making me miss my match, and making me wipe (I have had a string of terrible matches where I couldn't get a single damn match, and have already wiped on thanos 3 times in a row)

He had pink out, more than likely, which meant any tile affecting abilities don't work.

zulux21

I guess I can bother to do that last hit :p

o35ikWV.png

got a green captian marvel.

zulux21

Got another Jessica Drew, which makes 5 currently in my queue.

my marvel is 3/3/4.
she will likely be my second 4* champ as I really enjoy using her like I am enjoying using star lord. (and they work great with iron fist lol)

just need those last 3 covers for her.

it will be nice getting a free 3* star lord tomorrow.
and nice that I can sit out most of the next 2 pve.

Spoit

I got a black wasp (which has been at 5/1/5) to go with my red blade (5/0/5) from the personal token. At least I can pretty safely sell them?

zulux21

I got a black wasp (which has been at 5/1/5) to go with my red blade (5/0/5) from the personal token. At least I can pretty safely sell them?

shame you can have my blade overfill... mine is 1/5/2 and have already sold one green cover... to be fair he started off 0/4/0 so it's going better at least >.<:

Top Bottom