• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Season 3 Character Pass Revealed (Sagat inside)

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
u5oqxNM.jpg

After capcom cup, capcom actually revealed all 6 characters for the upcoming season 3 character pass.
As you can see, it has 4 fan favourites returning and 2 newcomers.
Starting with Sakura with the launch of Arcade Edition on 16 January
The new characters are in the SFV:AE intro, so maybe that was their reasoning to just reveal all of them at once this time.

Sakura reveal
AE cinematic intro (with everyone)

Capcom Unity Blog post:
Sakura Is Coming to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on January 16! Entire Season 3 Roster Announced!
After our huge announcements during Capcom Cup 2017, we're certain you need a recap! We revealed all six characters coming to Season 3 of Street Fighter V by showing the beautiful cinematic opening of the upcoming Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. There's no more gym class for Sakura, who will join the cast as the first character of Season 3, which starts on January 16, the same day Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition launches. Continue reading for more information on Sakura, as well as a few important notices about Season 3.

Falke looks kinda hot. I hope she has some sexy outfits.
I dont really care about Sakura, Sagat or Cody, but I know how many people wanted Sakura and I could hear the crowds excitement when Cody and Sagat showed up in the trailer, so Im happy for them.
G is intriguing. Is he pre-mask Q? Is he a big monkey? Who knows.
Capcom made an EXCELLENT choice by including Sakuras Alpha 2 stage as well. That game had a bunch of stages that I really liked, but I think Sakuras was the best. I could always relate to her pissed off brother, losing at video games.

EDIT: Forgot about Blanka. Was there a demand for this guy?

CrewShadow

People on Twitter were saying G looks like Greg The Gorilla from Bloody Roar. They are kinda similar. Bloody Roar Remake Inbound?

Pejo

I hope to god G isn't a charge character. Based on his design, he may become my main. Also like Cody's new do. Sakura looks great too, design wise.

Bardiche

Cody is looking sharp, I was never a fan but he looks good.
Excited to see how Falke turns out since she is giving me Mature vibes.

Raitaro

I might be alone on this but I love seeing Blanka return. To me he still best represents the weird, non-human side of SF that makes the relatively normal characters seem more powerful. Here's to hoping they will do his jungle stage as well.

Sakura and her Alpha 2 stage are also very welcome! Her stage is one of my favorites because of how everyday Japanese it looks and because of how the little kid in the background seems to be controlling the CPU opponent (complete with him trowing down the controller when you win and beat the CPU).

Sagat is just awesome. Glad he is back. Same for Cody.

That said, out of 6 new characters, 2 are blondes again, maybe even 3 if G counts...just sayin'. (Cody to me should have kept his brown hair from Final Fight...but that ship had sailed already in Alpha unfortunately...)

One final worry though is that I wonder how they will be able keep our interest high througout season 3 when we've seen all the new characters already? Will actual gameplay demo's be enough now that there is no speculation left to be done etc? Will someone like VesperArcade be able to make enough cool rumor / theory video's now?

What happened to Cody

Has he graduated from Criminal Upper to Kingpin Upper?

Seems like they are going with the angle of a character getting education / qualifications while in prison and coming out a better person perhaps? He might be a lawyer or banker now :)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Great stuff, I personally love having Cody and Sagat back into the mix. The main thing that’s really kept me out of SF5 (I actually own it but never play) are the lackluster character designs. At least now we have some old favorites returning!

Now bring back Guy and introduce Haggar, Capcom.

un1que

This update trailer has got me interested again. Looks like the characters have their own backgrounds now which I miss from the original games.

I know you get the season 1 and 2 characters with the arcade edition but does anyone know if you get all the backgrounds and costumes (including tournament and holiday ones)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
And 3 of those characters were available in a base SFIV years ago. Fuck Capcom and their character passes. Make a full and good game first, then ask for money.

Rafus

Seems like they are going with the angle of a character getting education / qualifications while in prison and coming out a better person perhaps? He might be a lawyer or banker now :)

The original leak said one character was: The Mayor, so probably Cody is now the Mayor of Metro City :)

pesaddict

Banned
man i have been soo desperate for both sagat and blanka since SF5 was released i need gameplay footage nooooow !!

Kid Ying

Ok. I think the game is starting to get really good now. Blanka, Cody and Sagat? Can't get better than this. Also, will Sakura finally graduate? And Cody got released from prison?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
And 3 of those characters were available in a base SFIV years ago. Fuck Capcom and their character passes. Make a full and good game first, then ask for money.
Aye fuck em.

They will get my money for that 12 pack street fighter bundle tho.

BLKTMNT

So they only need E. Honda to have all the original street fighter II characters back in the game. We need the sumo.

FZW

can someone help me with this...

I bought the definitive version in 2016 and I understand there is another season pass for 2017. So how I do I purchase the 2017 pass, so I can be ready for the 2018 pass?

Megatron

Falke looks kinda hot. I hope she has some sexy outfits.
I dont really care about Sakura, Sagat or Cody, but I know how many people wanted Sakura and I could hear the crowds excitement when Cody and Sagat showed up in the trailer, so Im happy for them.
G is intriguing. Is he pre-mask Q? Is he a big monkey? Who knows.
Capcom made an EXCELLENT choice by including Sakuras Alpha 2 stage as well. That game had a bunch of stages that I really liked, but I think Sakuras was the best. I could always relate to her pissed off brother, losing at video games.

EDIT: Forgot about Blanka. Was there a demand for this guy?

I think there's a demand for everyone from sf2. I'm glad he's back.

kunonabi

I think i might actually get the season 3 pass at full price since ill be getting like extra 30$ worth of costumes out of it.

Feral Blanka is the only good design of Blanka. They made Alpha 3 Blanka smaller and goofier, and SF4 Blanka is even smaller and dumber.

Yeah, I agree.
To do a feral Blanka justice, the game would need to allow for a little bit of blood. In SF4, when Blanks bit into his opponents head and that white/clear liquid came out, it felt like he was biting into a wet sponge. Not intimidating at all.
If Blanka appeared as a guest character in Mortal Kombat, I'd be genuinely excited to see what he was capable of. In todays SF universe, he isnt so interesting.

Futaleufu

Yeah, I agree.
To do a feral Blanka justice, the game would need to allow for a little bit of blood. In SF4, when Blanks bit into his opponents head and that white/clear liquid came out, it felt like he was biting into a wet sponge. Not intimidating at all.
If Blanka appeared as a guest character in Mortal Kombat, I'd be genuinely excited to see what he was capable of. In todays SF universe, he isnt so interesting.

Zangief needs his bite back too.

Top Bottom