• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei: Raidou Kuzunoha Vs The Soulless Army Coming to PSN

Tizoc

If you were to play one of the raidou games, Id probably just play the second one. If you play the first and then the second you will suffer from burnout. The games are almost too similar. Same city hub, same music in a lot of areas. Raidou 2 is just more like SMT feeling and has improved combat. Take that for what you will. I did enjoy the first one, but it has its fair share of problems.

That doesn't answer my question ^^;
...but looks like other posts do so I'll prob. grab it to have the 2nd game be released hopefuly.

ethanny2

"Looks like the talking cat is out of the bag! Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army will be released as a PS2 Classic on PSN for North and South America beginning on April 1."

From the Facebook Atlus page. I swear to god if this is an April fools joke...

Now if only they would release Nocturne and make PS2 games playable on PS4, I'd be a happy camper.

So really, I'm not anywhere near being a happy camper, yet.

vocab

That doesn't answer my question ^^;
...but looks like other posts do so I'll prob. grab it to have the 2nd game be released hopefuly.

The setting and the characters are pretty unique. If you already like smt, it's a no brainier.

I was planning to get this and the other PS2 summoner game physical along with Digital Devil Saga. With this announcement I don't know...

Did this support wide screen and 480p originally? If not I'll probably get a PS2 copy since I have mine hooked up to a CRT under my HD set.

Amon-Lau

I loved the first game to death, maxed out everything~ x3

Never got the chance to play the other one, would love to see that released soon... :<

cj_iwakura

Yeah, I got that from the replies in here. How hard is it?

Not very, apart from a couple cheap bosses. Forge Raidou's blade appropriately and he an handle anything.

Hard mode is another story entirely. And it's a good game, just not as good as 2.

It's not difficult but the game is "rough" I guess. It's Atlus first attempt at making a action title and it feels very experimental and not polished(which is fixed somewhat with the sequel). The story, music and setting is probably some of the best I have ever seen in a video game though. The main problem with these games is that they try to play exactly like a regular SMT game in real time, which just doesn't work imo. They take elements that can pretty much only be done in a turn based setting and try to make it work real time. The game would have been the GOAT if it was just a traditional SMT game.

Those commenting that Nocturne is difficult to emulate, when was this attempted? I've never heard of games that failed to make it on PSN and am curious. I'd love to see that and DDS on the storefront but I'll use my PS2 disk if I have to.
ATLUS PS2 game are pretty much a pain in the butt to emulate properly, P3FES had this issue when it was released on PSN. They're were graphical glitches, and pretty much the last dungeon became a seizure induced nightmare to play through. They fixed that issue, but I think they held off on doing another PS2 classic until they knew that it would well I'm guessing. So I don't want to even begin to think of the issues that Nocturne would have if it was released on PSN

It's not PS2 but PS1 but I think your ready for Thousand Arms. :)
Add the little known ATLUS title Tail Concerto to that list, man is that one of best hidden gems on the PS1. Would buy it again.

Soriku

Wasn't that back waaaaay in 2012, though? Granted, Xseed just mentioned that Wild Arms 4 & 5 wouldn't be on PSN for a similar reason ("something with the coding that’s preventing it from being compatible with PS3&#8242;s via the necessary emulation that other PS2 titles on PSN use") so I guess they probably didn't find a solution for DDS.

That's a shame for WA5...more people ought to play it.

RaikuHebi

Banned
If there is a firmware update as well then that means emulation will have been improved and Nocturne might be coming soon to.

sub_o

If there is a firmware update as well then that means emulation will have been improved and Nocturne might be coming soon to.

I also wish that Digital Devil Saga 1 / 2 will eventually be released in EU. Last time Ghostlight said that there's emulation issues with the games.

Dantis

It's not difficult but the game is "rough" I guess. It's Atlus first attempt at making a action title and it feels very experimental and not polished(which is fixed somewhat with the sequel). The story, music and setting is probably some of the best I have ever seen in a video game though. The main problem with these games is that they try to play exactly like a regular SMT game in real time, which just doesn't work imo. They take elements that can pretty much only be done in a turn based setting and try to make it work real time. The game would have been the GOAT if it was just a traditional SMT game.

Actually Maken X was. It's Hashino, Kaneko and Meguro too.

Clearly Raidou would have benefited from the old Hashino magic.

It's genuinely not bad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nice. Raidou 2 and Nocturne and Atlus will be doing alright with me.
When they re-release Eternal Punishment by finally re-localizing the PSP version. ;_;

Rend. Slaughter. Devour.

Use demonic abilities to devour enemy tribes and absorb new powers, protect a mysterious girl, and gain entry into the paradise of Nirvana. -The description found on Raidou 1 on the XMB.

Cant wait for Persona 4 to have Nocturne's description.

Set in post apocalyptc Tokyo, the entire population of the world is annihilated by a global catastrophe called the Conception. Now, the fate of the entire world lies on the shoulders of one young man who must battle his way through opposing demonic forces to bring order to the world to come, or possible become the harbinger of its destruction.

CANT WAIT.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I wonder why it doesnt show up normally when searching through the SEN website? Thank god for you maniacs here at GAF with a direct link.

In a lot of ways, yes. They're also a lot, lot more modern though.

Maken X next to its contemporaries is much, much stronger than Raidou next to its own.

Btw Dantis did you play Maken X on the Dreamcast was it? Man I wish I never sold mine back in the days. D: Have not heard that name in a long ass time.

Also where do you keep finding those avatars?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
He drew that one.

No shit? Thats pretty awesome if so!

Man wheres the re-releases for digital versions of DDS 1 & 2 + Nocturne D:

I mean I have my physical JP copies, but dont really feel like digging them out of boxes & or the closet.That and would be interesting to play them in english too.

Top Bottom