• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

Ibuki

Banned
This is a prequel, but does it matter if I haven't beat the game? I still plan to but I really want to play this once it comes out.

Amon-Lau

Did anyone's preorder get cancled from some "technical issues"?
10603279_10152755225192787_8154182448025558198_n.jpg

Nvm, seems like most eu folks got it too...

Plasma

Banned
This is a prequel, but does it matter if I haven't beat the game? I still plan to but I really want to play this once it comes out.

It will spoil Fetch's backstory so I'd at least play up to the point where you get her powers in Second Son.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Did anyone's preorder get cancled from some "technical issues"?
10603279_10152755225192787_8154182448025558198_n.jpg

Nvm, seems like most eu folks got it too...

Going from the store it is now totally unavailable, so it is likely anyone in the EU that has pre-ordered it will have gotten the email and had it cancelled. Wonder what has happened, I hope it isn't delayed and is just some technical fault so it will still come out on wednesday.

I'll wait for the dics then.

hehe.

Do I have to install SS or it will read my save file for the Delsin awesomeness?

I imagine it will read any save files, it would be highly unreliable to check for the game data when that is something that we shouldn't have to worry about deleting.

Okay, I generally hate the PR-style OTs, but I like the way you made it look like an official GAF e-zine.
Put that in your design portfolio, OP.

If he's going to put that in a portfolio he might want to go back and address the margin issues. If I were an editor and sent this to print, some of the stuff would most likely be cut off. Also would need to address text alignment issues (page 8 in particular) along with some ever so slight kerning (probably wouldn't issue TBH). Still, it's really well done, and overall I agree. Fix the major issues and probably could use it as a portfolio piece.

jf DOOM

Was going to wait on this but when I saw it had a platinum I preordered immediately. To any deva reading this, please take notice Platinum trophies sell games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As much as I love the Infamous series, and very much enjoyed SS even though it was a bit light on content, I don't think I'll be getting this. The reason being that I though neon was the most boring power in SS, mainly because of no flying/airdashing. The smoke and video powers were so much more fun to traverse the city with.

JLeack

Banned
I just got our review code. It's not usable until Sunday morning.

Embargo lifts on Tuesday at 6:00AM PST.

I can't wait to play. I love that it's standalone.

hawk2025

I just got our review code. It's not usable until Sunday morning.

Embargo lifts on Tuesday at 6:00AM PST.

I can't wait to play. I love that it's standalone.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Let us know how the new photo mode compares to the old one if at all possible.

I also like that it's standalone, especially with patch and install sizes these days.

^^I believe it's Crave Online.

RE_Player

I know this is stand alone but do we need Second Son installed to unlock some extra stuff or something like that? I deleted it after I Platinumed it and would prefer not to install it again.

Arun1910

I can't wait for this, I love inFamous so much *cries with joy*

Don't think I can wait for the disc version seeing as it comes out a WHOLE week later. And by that time, Destiny is out I think soooooooooo, yeah.

This will be a great tide over for Destiny for me though. I am having a MASSIVE dry spell of gaming, until October at least, that's when the wallet starts to suffer.

jobrro

Do many games unlock at 10am PST? I haven't had a preload game before, but the few PS4 preorders I've had have all been midnight PST IIRC.

Hopefully The Walking Dead S2 Finale comes out earlier on Steam to tide me over.

aro52

Do many games unlock at 10am PST? I haven't had a preload game before, but the few PS4 preorders I've had have all been midnight PST IIRC.

Hopefully The Walking Dead S2 Finale comes out earlier on Steam to tide me over.

On the PS Store, the norm is quickly becoming midnight EST, so 9pm PST. Some will hold out until midnight PST (Destiny), and lately, a few have been 10am PST. (Hohokum, CounterSpy, First Light)

Cross posting from another thread:

There was a clerical mistake made somewhere during the submission of the pre-order offer to PSN for SCEE territories. First Light itself is ready and submitted/approved for publication -- this is simply a mechanics problem with the pre-order program in Europe.

Apologies to affected customers, and we hope you all enjoy the game when it launches in ~4 days!

Sucker Punch

Cubed

Was going to wait on this but when I saw it had a platinum I preordered immediately. To any deva reading this, please take notice Platinum trophies sell games.

Agreed. I didn't preorder it, but I will buy it and the Platinum trophy is a big push to do so.

Respawn

Banned
I'm sorry but she should have been second son or daughter or whatever. So fucking badass and better overall character look than Delsin. Going in hard on this one. No f'ing mercy

sunnz

Snowy areas has be interested, the prison not so much.

Loved SS but will wait on feedback on this, to see how different it is.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Fetch mentioned robot enemies in the main game, I hope that means that we will be able to fight robots in this standalone title. Also did anyone else notice
that Eugene is most likely the one making the fake soldiers?

Egg0

Banned
Haven't played Second Sun, but this seems like a good intro to it with a lower price point. Maybe I'll finally pull the trigger on getting SS if I like this.

Top Bottom