• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces Persona 4 Arena, Summer 2012

The original Disgaea had dual audio. I think it's a disc space issue more than anything, and presumably a fighter won't take up the whole disc, so I wouldn't discount the idea outright.

X360 with it's storage space issues and policy to never allow more content for other versions might make it hard.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Good news. Guess I won't import it like I planned. Thought it would come out monthes later like Arcana Heart.

Ultimadrago

Rollin' with Chie, like a boss

God Hand peeps into apple sauce

...but I'm not a rapper.

CCTau.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't like the name as much and the cover could use some work but I'm happy it's coming. Now get on announcing P4 The Golden for a US release so I can pre-order, ATLUS!

ultron87

The story blurb on that poster sounds different than what I remember from the original set up.

A new TV Show, a fighting tournament, is said to pull its stars in against their wills, forcing them to face off in battles with deadly stakes.

I thought this was a Teddie run happy fun time!

Hurrah! The Arena sub-title seems kinda lazy but a console exclusive story mode is awesome news. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a P4A arcade stick though, no way I'm going to play it with my Tekken 6 wireless one.

I may get this day one, depending on my monetary situation. Otherwise I'll pick it up later on sale. Definitely interested, though. Always love more Persona regardless of format.

TP

Amazon.ca and VGP have it for August 7, when's the Japanese console release?

Edit: "summer 2012", no point in importing then

Solune

Why would they? The Persona games only have English audio, so people are familiar with those actors here.

Though this makes sense, if they want to cater to the fighting game base, which is the main userbase aside from Persona fans in this case, they would be wise to include it. Though it's not a dealbreaker I suppose, when you're paying for a full retail release, there are some things one would expect.

xxczx

I'm not really into these types of fighting games, I can never get the hang of them.

inb4 7 month wait for Europe.

Not the biggest fan of the name they went with. I would have preferred something like Persona 4: The Midnight Arena.

Still, good news for folks out west and even here in J-land. If this is coming to consoles in the Summer, that's a confirmation that we'll be getting it around the same time/a little earlier.

Daft_Cat

Great news, but it does make me worry that Persona 4: The Golden might not hit hit the west. Isn't it scheduled to come out relatively soon in Japan? Whereas Midnight Arena is still a while off.

As much as I love Persona, and I believe 3 and 4 to be among my favourite games ever, I've never actually owned 4, and I've only really experienced it at my girlfriends place in bits and pieces. That game will sell a Vita for me..so here's hoping.

RedBoot

Great news, but it does make me worry that Persona 4: The Golden might not hit hit the west. Isn't it scheduled to come out relatively soon in Japan? Whereas Midnight Arena is still a while off.

A US release of Golden would take some time to localize, maybe around 5-6 months if the original P4 and P3P are any indication. A fighting game, on the other hand, could come out almost simultaneously with the Japanese release. We'll probably see P4G in late 2012 over here.

Jenga

Banned
if there's anything i dislike about atlus, it's the american dubs

even if i don't understand what anyone is saying in the japanese audio i can still tell they're usually much better actors

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

even if i don't understand what anyone saying in the japanese audio i can still tell they're usually much better actors

That just seems like a silly thing to say.
$60 seems a bit steep. I'll probably wait for the $30 or $20 price point.
Doubt Atlus will print that many copies. Even if it is Persona related

even if i don't understand what anyone saying in the japanese audio i can still tell they're usually much better actors

I honestly thought Digital Devil Saga and Persona 4 were handled extremely well. Persona 3? Not so much, Persona 4 had decent voice acting work but Persona blew it away with it's quality. I don't think there was a single character's voice that I didn't like in P4, not even Yosuke.

I'm a sucker for Yuri Lowenthal :U

Jenga

Banned
I honestly thought Digital Devil Saga and Persona 4 were handled extremely well. Persona 3? Not so much, Persona 4 had decent voice acting work but Persona blew it away with it's quality. I don't think there was a single character's voice that I didn't like in P4, not even Yosuke.

I'm a sucker for Yuri Lowenthal :U

Honestly I kinda just turned off the volume anytime anyone but Heat or the "I don't comprehend" dude said anything. Seriously everyone else annoyed me.

vall03

Ive been under the assumption this is a PSN/XBLA title, awesome that this is retail. Will definitely get the game since its Persona even though I suck at fighting games.

Top Bottom