• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

AbandonedTrolley
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:23 AM)
AbandonedTrolley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kingpin Rogers

I didn't realise developers had an obligation to give pro support on their games.

They don't. It needs to work on a Pro, there is no obligation to enhance it.
Sub Boss
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:23 AM)
Sub Boss's Avatar
Everything they said sounds positive 👍 Tango.

That spoilery video made me hard
Gator86
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:23 AM)
Gator86's Avatar
I wonder if there's a reason Bethesda doesn't give a shit about Pro support. Do pubs/devs have data on the platform at the level they can tell whether people are using Pros? Maybe internal numbers from surveys or something?
daniel77733
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:24 AM)
daniel77733's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imp the Dimp

Come on, 1080/30 is the absolute bare minimum for a game in late 2017. This is not a great accomplishment and I'm disappointed the game didn't ship with a pro patch.

While I agree, let's be honest, most games can't even hit 1080P and a locked 30FPS for an entire game (excluding cut scenes as im merely talking about gameplay) and when games get a higher resolution and/or HDR, the frame rate always suffers. In an era of 4K/HDR, we still haven't seen most games run at 1080P/60FPS locked on a permanent basis and 30FPS locked at times is a problem.

Way too much emphasis on visuals, graphics and resolution when it should be on performance and CPU AI. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HDR but the resolution and effects don't mean much to me. If I had to choose, I would choose 1080P/30FPS locked and HDR without compromise every time. If the resolution can be increased without it affecting FPS, great but if not, I prefer FPS.

For me, its all about performance because if a game runs/plays like crap, it's not going to matter what the resolution, graphics and visuals are simply because chances are, I'll stop playing the game and quit it until it's patched (which is unacceptable at launch) or I'll simply quit it completely.

Outside of Horizon (and first party games since its a given), im not a fan of mid-gen consoles. I truly believe that the 1080P/30FPS locked for an entire game should have been perfected and mastered this generation with 4K/HDR/60FPS locked for an entire game being saved for PlayStation 5/Xbox 4.

Of course, this is just my own personal opinion.
theangrypirate
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:25 AM)
theangrypirate's Avatar
Wow, no Pro support. Made this go from a launch purchase to wait and see if they add pro support. Bummer.
pretty done
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:26 AM)
pretty done's Avatar
No Pro support :lol

Stay losing Betashed. This company just does not give a fuck about their rep.
Sub Boss
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:27 AM)
Sub Boss's Avatar

Originally Posted by daniel77733

While I agree, let's be honest, most games can't even hit 1080P and a locked 30FPS for an entire game (excluding cut scenes as im merely talking about gameplay) and when games get a higher resolution and/or HDR, the frame rate always suffers. In an era of 4K/HDR, we still haven't seen most games run at 1080P/60FPS locked on a permanent basis and 30FPS locked at times is a problem.

Way too much emphasis on visuals, graphics and resolution when it should be on performance and CPU AI. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HDR but the resolution and effects don't mean much to me. If I had to choose, I would choose 1080P/30FPS locked and HDR without compromise every time. If the resolution can be increased without it affecting FPS, great but if not, I prefer FPS.

For me, its all about performance because if a game runs/plays like crap, it's not going to matter what the resolution, graphics and visuals are simply because chances are, I'll stop playing the game and quit it until it's patched (which is unacceptable at launch) or I'll simply quit it completely.

Outside of Horizon (and first party games since its a given), im not a fan of mid-gen consoles. I truly believe that the 1080P/30FPS locked for an entire game should have been perfected and mastered this generation with 4K/HDR/60FPS locked for an entire game being saved for PlayStation 5/Xbox 4.

Of course, this is just my own personal opinion.

Yeah Switch and ONE would be waaay below his standards if that were the case
mileS
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:27 AM)
mileS's Avatar
Dishonored 2 had no downsampling (which is like 0 work if the game already supports a higher res)
Prey had nothing at launch
The Evil Within 2 has nothing?

3 games I would have purchased day 1. Time to catch up. It's also time for Sony to stop slacking and force support.
MaximusPayne
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:27 AM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar
The game looks really good. Great improvement from the first. Too bad it will be a play and trade. I can't wait on a pro patch as there are just too many games coming soon.
kc44135
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:28 AM)
kc44135's Avatar

Originally Posted by mileS

Dishonored 2 had no downsampling (which is like 0 work if the game already supports a higher res)
Prey had nothing at launch
The Evil Within 2 has nothing?

3 games I would have purchased day 1. Time to catch up. It's also time for Sony to stop slacking and force support.

.
SilentRob
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:28 AM)
SilentRob's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imp the Dimp

Come on, 1080/30 is the absolute bare minimum for a game in late 2017. This is not a great accomplishment and I'm disappointed the game didn't ship with a pro patch.

Only if you think that 1080p is a be all end all and worth the sacrifice of various effects and technical improvements if you instead went for a marginally lower res of something like 900p. Resolution isn't the only or most important thing deciding how good a game looks. This absolute statements are silly if you actually care for what developers are doing to make their games look as good as they can.Technically pretty much every game could run in 1080p, even on an original Xbox One! You'd just have to make big sacrifices in many other areas, making the trade-off absolutely worthless.
WordsintheWater
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:29 AM)
WordsintheWater's Avatar
I'll wait around for the Pro patch before purchasing, would have been a day 1 thing, but I'll never forget when Prey added Pro support right after I finished the game, it was kind of annoying. Game looks good though. If they came out and said that there will be no Pro patch I would actually buy it now, as I don't think it's worth missing out on games because of no Pro Support.
Inviusx
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:32 AM)
Inviusx's Avatar
Fail. Might have a pro patch by the time I fish this from a second hand bargain bin for $15.
kc44135
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:33 AM)
kc44135's Avatar

Originally Posted by WordsintheWater

I'll wait around for the Pro patch before purchasing, would have been a day 1 thing, but I'll never forget when Prey added Pro support right after I finished the game, it was kind of annoying. Game looks good though. If they came out and said that there will be no Pro patch I would actually buy it now, as I don't think it's worth missing out on games because of no Pro Support.

Heh, yeah, something similar happened to me. I bought a PRO and CDPR said they weren't ever going to give Witcher 3 PRO support, so I went ahead and put 200+ hours into it... Now it has PRO support. T-T
Gurish
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:35 AM)
Gurish's Avatar
No Pro support is a disgrace even though I don't own the system, shame on Sony and Bethesda.

It's cool that the game is such a huge step up technically over the first one, both visually and performance wise. Dropping last gen and improving the engine made a big difference it seems.
AmyS
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:36 AM)
No PS4 Pro support? That sucks.

I'll wait to see if it happens later and/or if Xbox One X Enhanced version does anything special.
Duchess O'Death
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:37 AM)
Duchess O'Death's Avatar
PC port is a mess and no PS4 Pro support?! Was waiting for sale but I guess I just won't buy it.
cakely
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:37 AM)
cakely's Avatar
Game looks really good. No pro support is a bummer but it looks like it performs miles better than the first Evil Within.
NecromorphTX
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:38 AM)
NecromorphTX's Avatar
No Pro support?
Justinreideddy
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:46 AM)
Justinreideddy's Avatar
What Iíve heard about the PC port and now this with no pro support has made it way easier to hold off on this one.
Haines
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:48 AM)
No pro support no me support
PleaseDontBanMe
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:34 AM)
PleaseDontBanMe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fezan

Link

- No pro support
- Native 1080p with solid 30 fps with boost mode
- Regular ps4 only drop fps during cutscenes.
- Visually much better than original game with no black bars.

No pro support is highly disappointing. second Bethesda game with no pro support

dancrane212
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:35 AM)
dancrane212's Avatar
I'm going to feel pretty silly waiting for an X patch if one never comes...
Tyaren
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:47 AM)
Tyaren's Avatar
If a game doesn't support my console (the PS4 Pro), I won't support that game. A shame, a Youtube playthrough had me pretty interested. :/
papercan55
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:51 AM)
Great performance...well done tango!
Solid 1080p and no framerate issues.
Traxtech
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:51 AM)
Traxtech's Avatar
No mention of the terrible input lag either.
chandoog
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:01 AM)
chandoog's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

I'm not aware of any such promises.

This is from the Matthies interview I posted via GameSpot the other day, when asked about PS4 Pro and X1X support:

Jens sounds quite uncertain and vague here. It could simply be implying a boost mode scenario in which the dynamic resolution targets are met more often than on base hardware.

This is where I got that from, granted there doesn't seem to be a direct quote and it's citing the same GS interview:

http://wccftech.com/wolfenstein-ii-u...-pc-framerate/

That and previous knowledge that it will support "rapid packed math" which AMD Vega GPUs and PS4 Pro support.
henhowc
(10-13-2017, 03:03 AM)
henhowc's Avatar
Annoying that they advertised hdr and it doesnít have that either?
Tubs_McNubs
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Justinreideddy

What Iíve heard about the PC port and now this with no pro support has made it way easier to hold off on this one.

Originally Posted by Duchess O'Death

PC port is a mess and no PS4 Pro support?! Was waiting for sale but I guess I just won't buy it.

Originally Posted by dan2026

The PC port is a mess.

What is this hyperbole? The PC port is fine. TEW1 was the 'mess', not TEW2
Gitaroo
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Tubs_McNubs

What is this hyperbole? The PC port is fine. TEW1 was the 'mess', not TEW2

Its not fine with this kind of visual fidelity and this kind of performance. Guess Doom set the bethesda bar too high
A.J.
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Tubs_McNubs

What is this hyperbole? The PC port is fine. TEW1 was the 'mess', not TEW2

For people like me with a 970 the game can barely hit 60 on the lowest settings.
Cmerrill
You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
(10-13-2017, 03:13 AM)
Cmerrill's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haines

No pro support no me support

Yep.

I'm pretty disappointed in the developers. This is just unacceptable and a spit in the face of Pro owners.
belvedere
Junior Butler
(10-13-2017, 03:13 AM)
belvedere's Avatar
Seems unacceptable to me. Weird wording from John though, to imply its "common" for new games to have no Pro support at all.

I can only think of Prey, but it was eventually patched (albeit minimally) to support Pro.
MassiveNights
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:32 AM)
Interesting reaction to this. It of course sucks for PS4 Pro users but that's kind of on Sony for marketing the box in a specific way, chiefly that every game will see benefits. This two-tier system has real issues and I can understand devs not putting resources into if if they don't have to.
Memnoch
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:36 AM)
Memnoch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rellik

Then it doesn't get my support. Pretty simply really.

Next.

I'm going to pass as well. No pro support is an automatic pass.
g11
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Cmerrill

Yep.

I'm pretty disappointed in the developers. This is just unacceptable and a spit in the face of Pro owners.

Yes, the dozens and dozens of us.

But seriously, I'm hoping One X joining the market makes devs take more notice of these refresh consoles.
Omnii-chan
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:45 AM)
Omnii-chan's Avatar
Wow Sony really doesn't give a shit about the Pro it seems. Why aren't they making support mandatory?
DVCY201
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:53 AM)
DVCY201's Avatar

Originally Posted by Omnii-chan

Wow Sony really doesn't give a shit about the Pro it seems. Why aren't they making support mandatory?

Vita means life.
Gator86
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:55 AM)
Gator86's Avatar

Originally Posted by DVCY201

Vita means life.

Probably the most accurate answer sadly.
beelzebozo
Jealous Bastard
(10-13-2017, 03:57 AM)
beelzebozo's Avatar
any ps pro + premium support? just shelled out another four hundo for that beauty
KyleCross
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:42 AM)
KyleCross's Avatar
People still think Pro support is mandatory? We knew it wasn't before the Pro even came out. You do realize quite a lot of PS4 games released without Pro support, right? It's not just a Bethesda thing.

Also this quite possibly won't be a Prey situation. The Prey PS4 case said it had Pro support (but it didn't on release) while TEW2's case doesn't.
leng jai
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:44 AM)
leng jai's Avatar

Originally Posted by KyleCross

People still think Pro support is mandatory? We knew it wasn't before the Pro even came out. You do realize quite a lot of PS4 games released without Pro support, right? It's not just a Bethesda thing.

Also this quite possibly won't be a Prey situation. The Prey PS4 case said it had Pro support (but it didn't on release) while TEW2's case doesn't.

List out all the games which don't have any Pro support at all.
texhnolyze
Banned
(10-13-2017, 07:46 AM)
So it's a half-assed effort across the board? PC version seems a bit gimped as well.

Originally Posted by Danjin44

I guess no one here cares that the game runs pretty good without Pro support. I honestly don't care as long as the runs fine.

Umm.. why do people buy PS4 Pro again?
DirgeExtinction
Member
(10-13-2017, 07:57 AM)
DirgeExtinction's Avatar
If they're going to patch in pro support later, the least they can do for their customers is letting them know.
Vuci
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:00 AM)
Why does this company just suck at optimizing their Playstation releases? Thank god for the PC version.

Originally Posted by KyleCross

People still think Pro support is mandatory? We knew it wasn't before the Pro even came out. You do realize quite a lot of PS4 games released without Pro support, right? It's not just a Bethesda thing.

Also this quite possibly won't be a Prey situation. The Prey PS4 case said it had Pro support (but it didn't on release) while TEW2's case doesn't.

Why are you defending their decisions?
And please let us know which big non-indie releases have released recently without Pro support.
Always-honest
Banned
(10-13-2017, 08:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Fezan


- No pro support

All i needed to know.
LAA
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:02 AM)
LAA's Avatar
Thought pro support was a requirement...? Confused games can launch without it lately.
Backfoggen
Banned
(10-13-2017, 08:04 AM)
Backfoggen's Avatar
Bethesda need to upgrade their old 1080p TV sets if they think their games are looking good enough.
Napalm_Frank
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:04 AM)
Napalm_Frank's Avatar
Is this the first biggish game with no Pro support at all post Pro launch? Not counting late localizations like Persona 5.

What is the first Bethesda game without it mentioned in the OP? I don't remember that.

edit: nevermind, Prey mentioned later in the thread, support later patched in. Weird.
MattXIII
Member
(10-13-2017, 08:11 AM)
MattXIII's Avatar
Sigh... was looking forward to this.
Will buy if it gets a pro patch.

Thread Tools