• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

PK Gaming
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:00 AM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

He's trying guys

He had an ahoge the entire time?! Maximum Shock!!



I'm sure he'll do fine as the protagonist. Chapter 1 gave him a ton of momentum (he's initially MUCH more compelling than Makoto or Hajome), and he actually seems endearing (not to mention his design is pretty good). He'll likely much better than Makoto but will fall short of the God. It's just... the fact that he's the protagonist means that:

1) We're playing as yet another milquetoast protagonist.
2) Who essentially recycles Makoto/Hajime's insecurities.
3) Who's broken up after their waifu dies for him and uses it to fuel his desire to get shit done.
4) And will invariably have ship teasing with the girls, awww yeaaa waifu time (/s)

Traditional protagonists aren't inherently bad, but playing them 3 times in a row in a series that prides itself on defying expectations is... well, a genuine bummer. (Also is lying during trials no longer a thing?)



Like, I knew the game had false advertising and I still feel misled, lmao. I've slowly grown to accept it though. Time heals all wounds after all~
Last edited by PK Gaming; 01-12-2017 at 05:03 AM.
UberTag
Banned
(01-12-2017, 05:08 AM)
UberTag's Avatar

Originally Posted by caliph95

I can excuse the twist and be interested if the male character is unique compared to Hajime and Makoto, i was interested in Kaede besides the gender because seems a breath of fresh air with her personality. While Hajime is better than Makoto he isn't that dissimilar mostly due to the plague of being a main character so he had to be Straight man. Kaede being more gung ho than them did sounds interesting and will be fine with the twist if detective boy isn't a generic protagonist. I'm going to wait and see when i play the game to fully judge it in english anyway.

Killing off his waifu right out of the gates and having him doubt himself doesn't exactly scream "unique compared to Hajime and Makoto" who respectively lost Sayaka and Chiaki.

Hopefully the deceit/lying dynamic during trials does enough to differentiate him from his milquetoast brethren.
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(01-12-2017, 05:22 AM)
QuiteWhittle's Avatar
Streamers have reached the second victim(that was already leaked but whatevs)

Ryouma Hoshi: Drowned with his corpse eaten clean by piranhas

http://i.imgur.com/62XEfHL.png
Last edited by QuiteWhittle; 01-12-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Musolf815
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:27 AM)
Musolf815's Avatar
I am incredibly bummed about Kaede right now.
Gemeanie
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:51 AM)

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

I disagree with your disagreement. To start, I'm talking about a hypothetical scenario in which he was presented as the MC in all media, and not as the player's ally. I think that would have garnered some suspicion, but not to the same overwhelming degree that Kaede got (because again, she was pretty damn atypical). I also think you're placing too much emphasis on DR1 and "talents." The story doesn't exist in a vacuum; it would trivial to write him as a character who doesn't function similarly to Kyoko. His utter lack of confidence and conviction absolutely do enough to paint him as someone dissimilar to Kyoko, rendering past comparisons pointless.

I dislike the current twist because it lives and dies on whether you were hoping for Kaede to remain the protagonist. A significant amount of people I've seen (on Gamefaqs/Tumblr/etc) who wasn't immediate fan of her suspected of her possibly being replaced by him (the boxart alone is pretty damn telling).

And sadly, they ended up being right.



DanganRonpa V3: Killing My Hype

I don't know why you claimed I placed too much emphasis on talents because I already spoiled myself on the "talents" part in V3. I was saying giving him a familiar SHLS automatically pulled everyone's attention to him so giving him a plot twist would barely have any impact all. I'd say people are placing too much emphasis on the protag's gender and ignored how important Kaede's role actually was.

Anyway I'm still half way through Chapter 1 and find him far less boring than Makoto but if given a choice, I would rather have anyone but him as protag. I just find it strange people jumped over this because "female protag" without discussing much the truth of her death, where the actual twist lies.

The twist I really dislike though, is this game takes place in a alternate timeline from DR1 and DR2. This is almost as bad as DR3 brainwash bullshit and a bad "my DR1/DR2" waifu lives" fanfic imo. In fact, I'm already thinking of staying away from this series if the next game still heavily involves the old cast.
Puruzi
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:54 AM)
Puruzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gemeanie

I don't know why you claimed I placed too much emphasis on talents because I already spoiled myself on the "talents" part in V3. I was saying giving him a familiar SHLS automatically pulled everyone's attention to him so giving him a plot twist would barely have any impact all. I'd say people are placing too much emphasis on the protag's gender and ignored how important Kaede's role actually was.

Anyway I'm still half way through Chapter 1 and find him far less boring than Makoto but if given a choice, I would rather have anyone but him as protag. I just find it strange people jumped over this because "female protag" without discussing much the truth of her death, where the actual twist lies.

The twist I really dislike though, is this game takes place in a alternate timeline from DR1 and DR2. This is almost as bad as DR3 brainwash bullshit and a bad "my DR1/DR2" waifu lives" fanfic imo. In fact, I'm already thinking of staying away from this series if the next game still heavily involves the old cast.

The one and two survivors are only in the game for less than half a chapter and it's in a vr thing to set up the next killing. They don't really matter, and its not a twist at all
PK Gaming
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:02 AM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gemeanie

I don't know why you claimed I placed too much emphasis on talents because I already spoiled myself on the "talents" part in V3. I was saying giving him a familiar SHLS automatically pulled everyone's attention to him so giving him a plot twist would barely have any impact all. I'd say people are placing too much emphasis on the protag's gender and ignored how important Kaede's role actually was.

Anyway I'm still half way through Chapter 1 and find him far less boring than Makoto but if given a choice, I would rather have anyone but him as protag. I just find it strange people jumped over this because "female protag" without discussing much the truth of her death, where the actual twist lies.

The twist I really dislike though, is this game takes place in a alternate timeline from DR1 and DR2. This is almost as bad as DR3 brainwash bullshit and a bad "my DR1/DR2" waifu lives" fanfic imo. In fact, I'm already thinking of staying away from this series if the next game still heavily involves the old cast.

No, no, no the gender thing is actually super important.

To put it into context, the vast majority of protagonists in mainstream VNs are guys. DRv3 was initially going to subvert this with Kaede and going to do some genuine genre defining stuff, but it backed away from it in the final product. So yes, while the character herself might be great (read up on spoilers and yeah, Kaede is indeed awesome) people have a right to be upset, especially since her death leads to some blatant narrative retreads (as previously noted).

And the alternate timeline thing is whatever. It doesn't really factor all that much, but the fact that they're unwilling to move on from the original arc is... distressing. Also you're right, the survivors in the "current" timeline is fanfiction tier.
Last edited by PK Gaming; 01-12-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Gemeanie
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Puruzi

The one and two survivors are only in the game for less than half a chapter and it's in a vr thing to set up the next killing. They don't really matter, and its not a twist at all

Was the claim Rantarou previously survived 2 killing games fake or the killing games had nothing to do with 1 and 2?

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

No, no, no the gender thing is actually super important.

To put it into context, the vast majority of protagonists in mainstream VNs are guys. DRv3 was initially going to subvert this with Kaede and going to do some genuine genre defining stuff, but it backed away from it in the final product. So yes, while the character herself might be great (read up on spoilers and yeah, Kaede is indeed awesome) people have a right to be upset, especially since her death leads to some blatant narrative retreads (as previously noted).

And the alternate timeline thing is whatever. It doesn't really factor all that much, but the fact that they're unwilling to move on from the original arc is... distressing. Also you're right, the survivors in the "current" timeline is fanfiction tier.

I do agree playing on people's hope for a female protagonist for the sake of lie is unwise if not insensitive, for a VN that is pretty popular worldwide. I'm just getting worried people will soon only remember Kaede as the decoy to screw players due to how spoiler-heavy this series is, because I grew to really like her after learning the extent she's willing to go to save everyone.
Last edited by Gemeanie; 01-12-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Puruzi
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:11 AM)
Puruzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gemeanie

Was the claim Rantarou previously survived 2 killing games fake or the killing games had nothing to do with 1 and 2?

I don't think Rantarou was in the same games as the previous casts

edit: nvm i'm wrong, just saw that he was

weird
caliph95
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:11 AM)
caliph95's Avatar
I was hoping that the Series will be basically a reboot and will have nothing to do with the previous series because after DR2 the series kinda got up in it's own ass with the Hope/despair shit and the lore. I'm happy that is a minor thing though why even bother with it in the first place besides fanservice.
caliph95
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:14 AM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

Killing off his waifu right out of the gates and having him doubt himself doesn't exactly scream "unique compared to Hajime and Makoto" who respectively lost Sayaka and Chiaki.

Hopefully the deceit/lying dynamic during trials does enough to differentiate him from his milquetoast brethren.

At least Chiaki was at the end to be fair. I hope he isn't Makoto tier because besides the talent nothing screams different.
PK Gaming
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:23 AM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gemeanie

Was the claim Rantarou previously survived 2 killing games fake or the killing games had nothing to do with 1 and 2?



I do agree playing on people's hope for a female protagonist for the sake of lie is unwise if not insensitive, for a VN that is pretty popular worldwide. I'm just getting worried people will soon only remember Kaede as the decoy to screw players due to how spoiler-heavy this series is, because I grew to really like her after learning the extent she's willing to go to save everyone.

That's absolutely fair. I was so angry at her initially after finding out she was offed in chapter 1, but her backstory basically makes her:

The based DR girl. What happened to her was super high school level lame, but the character herself is great.
Last edited by PK Gaming; 01-12-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Gemeanie
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:45 AM)

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

That's absolutely fair. I was so angry at her initially after finding out she was offed in chapter 1, but her backstory basically makes her:



The based DR girl. What happened to her was super high school level lame, but the character herself is great.

You are not alone. I almost regretted my preorder the moment I learned she get replaced by the least interesting character early
Solid Sora
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:52 AM)
Solid Sora's Avatar
I don't get the hate for the twist. A seemingly bland girl got replaced by a seemingly bland boy. At least the "you are the culprit" thing is new and interesting.

And no. Female protagonists are not that rare in VN. There's a whole genre dedicated to them called Otome, and there're some really good Otome stories to those interested :p.
Last edited by Solid Sora; 01-12-2017 at 06:54 AM.
PK Gaming
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:08 AM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solid Sora

I don't get the hate for the twist. A seemingly bland girl got replaced by a seemingly bland boy. At least the "you are the culprit" thing is new and interesting.

And no. Female protagonists are not that rare in VN. There's a whole genre dedicated to them called Otome, and there're some really good Otome stories to those interested :p.

But I explicitly mentioned mainstream VNs, not Otomes. You know, your Steins;Gates, your FSNs, your Ace Attorneys, etc. Female representation in those types of games is seriously lacking, and DRv3 was supposed to help change that! Until it didn't.

There's definitely no use crying over spilled milk, but people are upset for a reason. We wanted Dana Scully. We got... Diana Fowley.
Sciel
Member
(01-12-2017, 10:18 AM)
Sciel's Avatar
Obviously not played the game but from the spoilers I've read (Akame and Miu are apparently sisters), I feel that they've missed an opportunity by not making Miu the bait-and-switch protagonist instead.

This would have drawn stronger parallels with the Junko-Mukuro sister relationship in D1, but instead of despair, the sisters in this game work towards Hope instead.

Instead....it seems like we have Akame telling Rantarou to take care of Miu...and yet Miu...still dies?
Last edited by Sciel; 01-12-2017 at 10:26 AM.
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(01-12-2017, 11:13 AM)
QuiteWhittle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sciel

Obviously not played the game but from the spoilers I've read (Akame and Miu are apparently sisters), I feel that they've missed an opportunity by not making Miu the bait-and-switch protagonist instead.

This would have drawn stronger parallels with the Junko-Mukuro sister relationship in D1, but instead of despair, the sisters in this game work towards Hope instead.

Instead....it seems like we have Akame telling Rantarou to take care of Miu...and yet Miu...still dies?

We won't know who Kaede's twin sister is until someone reaches chapter 6. There's no clue in the datamined files and it could even be an altered memory.

It's not far-fetched, they have similar builds and are both blonde, but some people are just posting speculation as fact. I've even seen people claim Saihara was Kaede's twin sister and he's just Naoto 2.0 haha
Sciel
Member
(01-12-2017, 11:17 AM)
Sciel's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

We won't know who Kaede's twin sister is until someone reaches chapter 6. There's no clue in the datamined files and it could even be an altered memory.

It's not far-fetched, they have similar builds and are both blonde, but some people are just posting speculation as fact. I've even seen people claim Saihara was Kaede's twin sister and he's just Naoto 2.0 haha

I actually read that from : https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa..._drv3/dc9u1dj/

But yeah I'm honesty hoping what i've read isn't true :/
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(01-12-2017, 12:02 PM)
QuiteWhittle's Avatar
Here's the execution for our Chapter 2 Killer Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL Maid and...Monosuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQGnKQmh94
Last edited by QuiteWhittle; 01-12-2017 at 12:18 PM.
ShadowSoldier89
Member
(01-12-2017, 01:06 PM)
ShadowSoldier89's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gemeanie

I do agree playing on people's hope for a female protagonist for the sake of lie is unwise if not insensitive, for a VN that is pretty popular worldwide. I'm just getting worried people will soon only remember Kaede as the decoy to screw players due to how spoiler-heavy this series is, because I grew to really like her after learning the extent she's willing to go to save everyone.

Kaede as a character seems pretty excellent. I'm just going to talk about the twist since this is the spoiler thread, however I'll toss it in spoilers since its so early. Coming up with a scheme with Rantarou so that they can use his skill to create her as a false murderer to setup the main villain as killing an innocent is a pretty epic twist. She creates a robot, figures out a large part of the killing game, and sacrifices her life to condemn the villain. Pretty epic twist and a good character

From what the spoilers sound like, those looking forward to this game are getting a pretty damn good danganronpa. Just for me, since I didn't have any interest in this game after DR3 ruining my favorite characters and fucking up storylines, its not going to work. Having a female protagonist was about the only reason I thought of playing this game. So despite it seeming like a pretty good game, and the twist being pretty epic, I'm still going to pass.
Last edited by ShadowSoldier89; 01-12-2017 at 01:14 PM.
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(01-12-2017, 01:40 PM)
QuiteWhittle's Avatar
V3 seems great in regards to it's characters so far, no one is dead weight like DR1 and DR2, and they all have depths. The executions are great so far too. But that twist, while I think something close to that will happen, is still based on datamined out-of-context truth bullets and Monokuma files. Have to wait a few hours until streamers reach that point so we can get the full details.
Mendrox
Member
(01-12-2017, 02:05 PM)
Mendrox's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadowSoldier89

after the absolute fucking disaster that was DR3 I decided I'd pass on this game. However having a the main protag be a female was enough to have me reconsidering.

Read all the spoilers and am just skipping. Killing Kaede off 1 chapter in completely destroys the one thing I was looking forward too.

The twist itself actually seems pretty well done, but not enough to get me to want to play through 5 chapters as fucking shuichi instead

Welp your loss. It's not like it's the end for Kaede in the game. She plays a bigger role in the whole thing and it's fucking amazing. She is definitely the protag in a way.

Edit: Okay sorry, just saw that you know about that. Discard my post.
Razmos
Member
(01-12-2017, 02:08 PM)
Razmos's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Here's the execution for our Chapter 2 Killer Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL Maid and...Monosuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQGnKQmh94

Mann, that was brutal
Trigger
Member
(01-12-2017, 02:25 PM)
Trigger's Avatar
This series gave me a wonderful heroine in Kyoko and Komaru. I enjoy a lot of the female characters. I'm sad that Kaede isn't the main lead, but it's not going to change my overall enjoyment of the series.

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Here's the execution for our Chapter 2 Killer Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL Maid and...Monosuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQGnKQmh94

Ouch. I guess someone heard my complaints about the goofy executions and stepped it up.
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(01-12-2017, 02:34 PM)
QuiteWhittle's Avatar
Here is Kaede's execution in HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3S2Dn2-nHI

If I findTojo's in a similar quality I'll post it.
Setsu00
(01-12-2017, 02:40 PM)
Setsu00's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Here's the execution for our Chapter 2 Killer Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL Maid and...Monosuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQGnKQmh94

That gives me flashbacks of Chiaki's execution in DR3...
Puruzi
Member
(01-12-2017, 03:25 PM)
Puruzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Here's the execution for our Chapter 2 Killer Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL Maid and...Monosuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQGnKQmh94

jesus
PK Gaming
Member
(01-12-2017, 04:27 PM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Here's the execution for our Chapter 2 Killer Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL Maid and...Monosuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQGnKQmh94

DESERVED

But for real, that was amazing

They seriously stepped it up with those executions
Last edited by PK Gaming; 01-12-2017 at 04:30 PM.
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(01-12-2017, 06:59 PM)
QuiteWhittle's Avatar
Here is the execution of Chapter 3 Killer Korekiyo Shinguuji, the SHSL Folklorist/Anthropologist ... and Monodam for the murder of Angie and Tenko, the SHSL Artist and Aikido Master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YNNW1kDgw

for context:
Korekiyo was batshit crazy and seemingly possessed by his dead sister who he was in love with or it was a female split personality based on his dead sister. Either way he's insane.
Last edited by QuiteWhittle; 01-12-2017 at 07:06 PM.
UberTag
Banned
(01-12-2017, 07:10 PM)
UberTag's Avatar
From what I've seen of Chapter 3's trial and execution, I can safely say that specific chapter is not going to be received well.

The Monokuma Cubs aren't doing much for me, either. Hopefully the localization can salvage them and make them entertaining because they seem to serve as little more than mood killing bad comic relief right now.

On the bright side, I love this game's soundtrack and presentation enhancements. The Scrum Debate seems like a really fun addition to the trial process as well.

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Korekiyo was batshit crazy and seemingly possessed by his dead sister who he was in love with or it was a female split personality based on his dead sister. Either way he's insane.

Korekiyo Shinguji seems like a fusion of all of Celeste and Mikan's bad qualities into one heaping mess of a person.
Last edited by UberTag; 01-12-2017 at 07:16 PM.
MulderYuffie
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:17 PM)
MulderYuffie's Avatar
I need to stay out of this thread but I just can't these executions are awesome.
Tinfoilhatsron
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:42 PM)
Tinfoilhatsron's Avatar
Well DRV3 I cannot believe I put you on my 2017 most anticipated list. I was so excited for this after DR2 but the DR side story with the most edgiest plot ever and the DR3 anime, I had my doubts. But I believed.


I even fucking said the killing harmony joke to a friend.

And it turned out to be true?

But I shouldn't judge fully until I play it.
PK Gaming
Member
(01-12-2017, 07:55 PM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tinfoilhatsron

Well DRV3 I cannot believe I put you on my 2017 most anticipated list. I was so excited for this after DR2 but the DR side story with the most edgiest plot ever and the DR3 anime, I had my doubts. But I believed.


I even fucking said the killing harmony joke to a friend.

And it turned out to be true?

But I shouldn't judge fully until I play it.

5 stages of grief my man, 5 stages of grief

A few of us have been there

It gets better though
Trigger
Member
(01-12-2017, 08:57 PM)
Trigger's Avatar
I fear for the next killer.

Gonta is next and we still haven't seen the flamethrower Monokumas.
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(01-12-2017, 11:33 PM)
QuiteWhittle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trigger

I fear for the next killer.

Gonta is next and we still haven't seen the flamethrower Monokumas.

Yep. Here's a teaser(execution spoilers for chapter 4's killer): http://imgur.com/a/E48g3

Friendly giant gets screwed over for the third time in a row. Screw Ouma.
Last edited by QuiteWhittle; 01-12-2017 at 11:39 PM.
PK Gaming
Member
(01-13-2017, 02:03 AM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Yep. Here's a teaser(execution spoilers for chapter 4's killer): http://imgur.com/a/E48g3

Friendly giant gets screwed over for the third time in a row. Screw Ouma.

Maaaan, i'm not looking forward to that one. Gonta's execution is perhaps the most unfair execution in the series. The case seems incredibly frustrating, but with good execution, it could be a good way of building animosity towards the mastermind. Because fuck them.
daevious
Member
(01-13-2017, 02:47 AM)
daevious's Avatar
I spoiled myself on a number of Chapter 6 revelations and hoo boy is this thread going to become a mess once we get there.

Because we will never be completely free from Junko, even when she doesn't actually show up.
caliph95
Member
(01-13-2017, 02:49 AM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by daevious

I spoiled myself on a number of Chapter 6 revelations and hoo boy is this thread going to become a mess once we get there.

Because we will never be completely free from Junko, even when she doesn't actually show up.

Of course not even surprised anymore
UberTag
Banned
(01-13-2017, 02:59 AM)
UberTag's Avatar

Originally Posted by daevious

I spoiled myself on a number of Chapter 6 revelations and hoo boy is this thread going to become a mess once we get there.

Because we will never be completely free from Junko, even when she doesn't actually show up.

In many ways this turned out to be a fan service game rather than the clean break and reset button for the series most people were hoping for out of Kodaka. I'm not sure he has one in him.
That said, as a fan service game, it still seems pretty solid.
Last edited by UberTag; 01-13-2017 at 03:01 AM.
Cheshire_Buddha
Member
(01-13-2017, 03:12 AM)
Cheshire_Buddha's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Here's the execution for our Chapter 2 Killer Kirumi Tojo, the SHSL Maid and...Monosuke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iQGnKQmh94

R.I.P. in peace, my sweet. You should have survived.
Last edited by Cheshire_Buddha; 01-13-2017 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Spoiling crap by accident.
daevious
Member
(01-13-2017, 05:22 AM)
daevious's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

In many ways this turned out to be a fan service game rather than the clean break and reset button for the series most people were hoping for out of Kodaka. I'm not sure he has one in him.
That said, as a fan service game, it still seems pretty solid.

But the idea that it's a fanservice game is the whole point of V3, to the point that the plot can be summarised as "Danganronpa fans enacting their own killing game".
UberTag
Banned
(01-13-2017, 08:36 AM)
UberTag's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuiteWhittle

Yep. Here's a teaser(execution spoilers for chapter 4's killer): http://imgur.com/a/E48g3

Friendly giant gets screwed over for the third time in a row. Screw Ouma.

Just watched this execution in full (it should be up on YouTube shortly).
EDIT: And here it is.

Man, is it fucked up.

(I'm not a fan of characters getting murdered for killing indirectly or without intent but this was still probably the best chapter of the game thus far. The post-chapter payoff is pretty sweet as well.)
Last edited by UberTag; 01-13-2017 at 04:52 PM.
buddha0991
Member
(01-13-2017, 05:27 PM)
buddha0991's Avatar
This game is all

B E A U T I F U L
L I E S
Trigger
Member
(01-13-2017, 06:53 PM)
Trigger's Avatar
I really have no clue what the hell is happening. Kodaka is SHSL Mindscrew.
PK Gaming
Member
(01-13-2017, 06:59 PM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by UberTag

Just watched this execution in full (it should be up on YouTube shortly).
EDIT: And here it is.

Man, is it fucked up.

(I'm not a fan of characters getting murdered for killing indirectly or without intent but this was still probably the best chapter of the game thus far. The post-chapter payoff is pretty sweet as well.)

My God

That was heartrending

What was the post-chapter payoff? Did they resolve to fuck up the mastermind?
PK Gaming
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:28 PM)
PK Gaming's Avatar

Originally Posted by buddha0991

This game is all

B E A U T I F U L
L I E S

So many lies

Everything is a lie
PlatypusDude
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:31 PM)
PlatypusDude's Avatar
Well this thing went places. This is gonna be one of those things a la MGS2 at release where half the community think it's genius and half think it's the worst thing ever isn't it? Will withhold my own judgement until I can see the whole thing in English.
buddha0991
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:40 PM)
buddha0991's Avatar
Yea I am so torn.

I honestly really like the twist and I think its really interesting and meta...but I don't think I ever wanted Danganronpa to go this route...
PK Gaming
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:46 PM)
PK Gaming's Avatar
Welllllllll

There's so much to unpack. I gotta hand it to Kodaka; I was afraid he was getting too constrained by the prequels, but he turned DRv3 into this over the top metacommentary on the fanbase and it's hysterical. Like lmao who the fuck does that. I agree with buddha that it wasn't what I wanted, but... DRv3 is an extremely respectable sequel.

The spiritual successor to MGS2, even.
Last edited by PK Gaming; 01-13-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Zolo
Member
(01-13-2017, 07:46 PM)
Zolo's Avatar

Originally Posted by buddha0991

Yea I am so torn.

I honestly really like the twist and I think its really interesting and meta...but I don't think I ever wanted Danganronpa to go this route...



Couldn't help myself.

Thread Tools