• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Goose_Se7en
Banned
(07-22-2017, 02:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Nif

Did anyone else's Wal Mart order get cancelled?

Super pissed.

Show pics or it didn't happen. And my order is still good and I got an email confirmation right away.
BY2K
Membero Americo
(07-22-2017, 02:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Nif

Super pissed.

Uh ho...
CD'S BAR
(07-22-2017, 02:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Nif

Super pissed.

Mine is still in processing. Got a confirmation right away. Seems okay.

How close to the end did you order?
Nif
(07-22-2017, 02:21 PM)
They said the payment couldn't be verified. Paid with PayPal. Recently moved and never changed my billing address, but that hasn't been a problem before.
sixteen-bit
(07-22-2017, 02:23 PM)
Thanks for the thread. Subbed!
SporeCrawler
(07-22-2017, 02:23 PM)
got one from media markt. they said its not guaranteed though
-MD-
(07-22-2017, 02:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Nif

They said the payment couldn't be verified. Paid with PayPal. Recently moved and never changed my billing address, but that hasn't been a problem before.

Saw a few other people say their orders got cancelled for the same reason.
Vooduu
(07-22-2017, 02:29 PM)
Funniest part is that my friend got notified by Walmart Email notification. Snagged while driving. 🤓
KevinG
(07-22-2017, 02:32 PM)
Will keep an eye out, but won't stress about it.
iShouldGoPro
(07-22-2017, 02:43 PM)
Subbed. Damn I hope I get one.
WORLDWIDEWII
(07-22-2017, 02:50 PM)

Originally Posted by -MD-

Saw a few other people say their orders got cancelled for the same reason.

My switch order was cancelled with PayPal payment too. To be safe Dont use PayPal.
mjc
(07-22-2017, 02:52 PM)

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDEWII

My switch order was cancelled with PayPal payment too. To be safe Dont use PayPal.

I used PayPal and so far I'm good, got the confirmation email and everything.
Gamecocks625
(07-22-2017, 02:53 PM)
Of course the one day I don't check and it goes up
dgdas9
(07-22-2017, 02:54 PM)
Not sure if this belongs here or not. For those who care, Fnac Portugal has had preorders open for a while. You have to pay immediately, they're going for 90 euro, and I'm pretty sure they don't ship outside the country.

Link
LiK
(07-22-2017, 02:55 PM)
Subbed so hard.
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 02:56 PM)
My order just got cancelled as well.
Spacebar
(07-22-2017, 02:58 PM)

Originally Posted by TheGreenArrow

My order just got cancelled as well.

Did your payment method not get verified?? Otherwise we're going to need to see the receipts. Too many people trying to troll this morning with..."orders are being cancelled!!"
Nif
(07-22-2017, 02:58 PM)
Called Walmart support and they say that once the order is canceled, it goes back into stock immediately and becomes available on their website. Someone else bought my stock already and there's nothing they can do.

I've made many orders from other websites using this Paypal from my new address and haven't had any issues. So long, Walmart.
F34R
(07-22-2017, 02:59 PM)
I got the email at 11:30pm EST from wal mart saying my item was back in stock. Ordered 11:46pm EST. Phew.
LiK
(07-22-2017, 02:59 PM)
My order is still fine. I used CC.
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 03:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Spacebar

Did your payment method not get verified?? Otherwise we're going to need to see the receipts. Too many people trying to troll this morning with..."orders are being cancelled!!"

Yeah it said my payment couldn't be verified. Not really sure why that happened. I had th pending charges in my bank account.
Nekster
(07-22-2017, 03:03 PM)
Amazon ES also did preorders. Mine is from there.

I also have another one from Mediamarkt.es, just in case.

PAL
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 03:05 PM)
I'm really not sure why the fuck it was cancelled... I had my card already set up on my account because I ordered two copies of "Splatoon 2" (the strategy guide)
Chronus
(07-22-2017, 03:06 PM)

Originally Posted by dgdas9

Not sure if this belongs here or not. For those who care, Fnac Portugal has had preorders open for a while. You have to pay immediately, they're going for 90 euro, and I'm pretty sure they don't ship outside the country.

Link

I preordered one there, two days ago, but I'm highly skeptical I'll actually receive one.
Schucky Ducky
Banned
(07-22-2017, 03:07 PM)
Both of my orders are still there. I got one for pickup and one for delivery. Hope they remain in tact!
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou
(07-22-2017, 03:08 PM)

Yeah it said my payment couldn't be verified. Not really sure why that happened. I had th pending charges in my bank account.

What time did you get your order in?
Spacebar
(07-22-2017, 03:09 PM)

I'm really not sure why the fuck it was cancelled... I had my card already set up on my account because I ordered two copies of "Splatoon 2" (the strategy guide)

It's possible your credit card company blocked it because you had too many transactions at once or from the same place?

I remember that happening to me when I tried to pre order 3 PS4s at once from different sites. When I got to the 3rd site CC company blocked the sale.
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 03:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Vyse The Legend

What time did you get your order in?

11:38 last night
Nif
(07-22-2017, 03:10 PM)

Did your billing address match your shipping address? Apparently that's all it takes.
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 03:12 PM)
Yeah everything matched.
I did get a notification from my bank app about suspicious activity on my card, but I just had to click "Yes I made those purchases" and it was fine.
TalentBurke
(07-22-2017, 03:12 PM)
Not sure how to set the alerts to go to my phone. I have them going to my email but I want my apps to alert me
mjc
(07-22-2017, 03:15 PM)

Yeah everything matched.
I did get a notification from my bank app about suspicious activity on my card, but I just had to click "Yes I made those purchases" and it was fine.

That means you're one of the first of the random cancellations then. :(

The fun begins.
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 03:17 PM)

Originally Posted by mjc

The fun begins.

I hope it works out for all of you with preorders.

... but another part of me is like "mwahaha fuck all y'all. If I can't have it, no one can"

I'm sure Amazon or Best Buy will have preorders soon.
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou
(07-22-2017, 03:19 PM)

Yeah everything matched.

Walmart's system might've automatically cancelled the order when it couldn't get immediate verification. While you clicked to allow it on the bank's side, that pause probably flagged the order on Walmart's.

Originally Posted by mjc

The fun begins.

It could be a random cancellation, but I think the order tripping the suspicious activity alert did it.
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Vyse The Legend

Walmart's system might've automatically cancelled the order when it couldn't get immediate verification. While you clicked to allow it on the bank's side, that pause probably flagged the order on Walmart's.

It could be a random cancellation, but I think the order tripping the suspicious activity alert did it.

Definitely possible.
I had two separate orders with one each. That could've done it.
Pellegri Testament
(07-22-2017, 03:22 PM)
Mine got cancelled as well and I made my order at around 8:46 CST. All my info was put in correctly and I paid with my CC.
entremet
(07-22-2017, 03:24 PM)
These mofos at Walmart opened up pre-orders on a Friday night?!

What the heck. People are out and about!
MikeE21286
(07-22-2017, 03:25 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

My order is still fine. I used CC.

Same.
I was somewhat early. Both my orders had a date of Oct 5 for pickup

I still am amazed I randomly got one
Morts
(07-22-2017, 03:28 PM)
My order is still fine, but I don't trust it based on how long they were seemingly available.
Lasthope106
(07-22-2017, 03:31 PM)
I'm hoping Amazon and BestBuy have their preorders today. I will cancel the Walmart ones for them. As much as I am happy about not having to worry whether I'll get one, i rather have mine on release night.
F34R
(07-22-2017, 03:33 PM)
My WM order is still there, not canceled so far. Used CC that has been on my WM acct for a while.
SillyNonsense
(07-22-2017, 03:37 PM)

Yeah everything matched.

With my bank, getting that notification means that they already flagged and declined it. Clicking "Yes I made those purchases" only tells the bank that it's okay to let it be once you process payment a second time. It doesn't happen automatically. I've got Chase.
TheGreenArrow
(07-22-2017, 03:40 PM)

Originally Posted by SillyNonsense

With my bank, getting that notification means that they already flagged and declined it. Clicking "Yes I made those purchases" only tells the bank that it's okay to let it be once you process payment a second time. It doesn't happen automatically. I've got Chase.

It's strange though. I clicked "yeah that's me" before I made my second order.
SillyNonsense
(07-22-2017, 03:41 PM)

It's strange though. I clicked "yeah that's me" before I made my second order.

I see. Well that sucks.
LordDash
Banned
(07-22-2017, 03:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Pellegri Testament

Mine got cancelled as well and I made my order at around 8:46 CST. All my info was put in correctly and I paid with my CC.

Same here. Disappointing.
ParityBit
(07-22-2017, 03:53 PM)
Subbed!
Luke_Wal
(07-22-2017, 03:56 PM)
Huh. My order got cancelled as well, for "not being able to verify my payment information," but I paid with my regular card, using the exact same saves payment information I used to order something from their website last week. I have a feeling "payment information" is just what they're using for orders that exceeded their stock. Total bummer.
Hero_of_the_Day
(07-22-2017, 04:07 PM)
People are making me sweat with all these cancelled orders. I put in two orders for 1 each, using my stored debit card in the Walmart app. No cancellations yet!
chaosblade
(07-22-2017, 04:16 PM)
At least for now mine still says processing. Used PayPal, it gave me errors when I tried using my credit card last night even though I used it on there recently for the Lego Saturn V. Order was made within 5-10 minutes of it going up.

Have 3 temporary authorizations. One for each CC attempt they said they couldn't authorize, and the PayPal one that went through.
F34R
(07-22-2017, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Hero_of_the_Day

People are making me sweat with all these cancelled orders. I put in two orders for 1 each, using my stored debit card in the Walmart app. No cancellations yet!

I keep checking now lol. I see the charge waiting to go through on my bank.