• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

RootCause
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:39 PM)
RootCause's Avatar

Originally Posted by wotta

I just prefer the PlayStation for multiplatform games. That's where all my friends play and I prefer the controller.

This sounds like a meme. :P
JaggedSac
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:39 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by NucelarGen



Higher texture detail likely to be more of a graphical differentiator than going from cb to native on games that have it.
Theorry
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:39 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by RootCause

$500 is a great value. A comparable gpu(at msrp) alone would be half the budget, and that's with less performance, memory bandwidth, 4GB extra.




I have a ps4, and I felt getting a Scorpio was better than buying a ps4 pro, with access to the same games I can already play on my og one. Though, I'm still tempted to get a Pro for God of war, and Spidey.

Think we need to remember also that the console is for the hardcore people that already have a Xbox and are likely trading that one in for a X. Wich results in a lower price also.
Dee Dah Dave
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:40 PM)
Dee Dah Dave's Avatar
Red Dead 2 will be glorious and worth this machine alone for me, given it's not coming to PC at release. I want to see horse turds at a 1000 paces!
TharpDaddy
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:42 PM)
TharpDaddy's Avatar
Wow, noticeable difference. The lack of DoF in the XBX version makes it difficult to compare in some screenshots since textures are obscured by the blur.

Originally Posted by Dee Dah Dave

Red Dead 2 will be glorious and worth this machine alone for me, given it's not coming to PC at release. I want to see horse turds at a 1000 paces!

"See that horse turd? You can ride to it."
Lowrys
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:43 PM)
Lowrys's Avatar
Is there any info yet on whether or not X1X has the black-crush issue that it's predecessors had? I can't see it from these shots.
N7.Angel
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:43 PM)
N7.Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

Keep in mind that Pro and PC use depth of field in this scene (hence the blur). The Xbox X shot is lacking DoF.

I'm not sure I want the DoF to come back to be honest, it's not something I'm found off.
spannicus
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:44 PM)
spannicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dee Dah Dave

Red Dead 2 will be glorious and worth this machine alone for me, given it's not coming to PC at release. I want to see horse turds at a 1000 paces!

I wanna see the extra detail the texture of the poop. Maybe some bugs crawling in it.
MosquitoSmasher
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:44 PM)
MosquitoSmasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

Keep in mind that Pro and PC use depth of field in this scene (hence the blur). The Xbox X shot is lacking DoF.

Could you tell us at what resolution the high framerate mode is? Because if that's checkerboard 4K I might just go for that. If it's 1080p however, no go for me.
Colbert
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:46 PM)
Colbert's Avatar
I just updated the OP with an example where Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC are compared.

Enjoy!

K.Jack
Knowledge is power, guard it well
(08-26-2017, 04:47 PM)
K.Jack's Avatar
Would be nice if the PC version could get a patch that incorporates the new effects. No logical reason not to, in all seriousness.

Originally Posted by Dee Dah Dave

Red Dead 2 will be glorious and worth this machine alone for me, given it's not coming to PC at release. I want to see horse turds at a 1000 paces!

Not coming to PC ever, is my bet.
RootCause
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:47 PM)
RootCause's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theorry

Think we need to remember also that the console is for the hardcore people that already have a Xbox and are likely trading that one in for a X. Wich results in a lower price also.

Oh, definitely. It seems like a good choice if you can swing it. I'll be selling the extra ps4 I got for free, and my aqua 3ds. Already have the sale set up, so I'll be getting $250 off the Scorpio. :)

Originally Posted by Colbert

I just updated the OP with an example where Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC are compared.

Enjoy!

Impressive showing.
Theorry
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:48 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by RootCause

Oh, definitely. It seems like a good choice if you can swing it. I'll be selling the extra ps4 I got for free, and my aqua 3ds. Already have the sale set up, so I'll be getting $250 off the Scorpio. :)

Yeah i get 150 for my OG Xbox One. 350 for a X sounds good to me. Especially if its that big of a upgrade.
TheOddOne
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:49 PM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by wotta

Removed as don't really want to start a fanboy console war. I own PS4 Pro and Xbox One S. Was just joking around more than anything.

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
(08-26-2017, 04:49 PM)
dark10x's Avatar

Originally Posted by MosquitoSmasher

Could you tell us at what resolution the high framerate mode is? Because if that's checkerboard 4K I might just go for that. If it's 1080p however, no go for me.

It's 1080p. I'm almost 100% certain.

While you are here: When can we expect a more detailed look onto Assassins Creed: Origins? Just a little hint?

Yep! Not sure when, though. I'm taking some time off this week.
JaggedSac
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:49 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colbert

I just updated the OP with an example where Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC are compared.

Enjoy!

Interesting, they actually went back and updated textures it appears.
Christocolus
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:50 PM)
Christocolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colbert

I just updated the OP with an example where Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC are compared.

Enjoy!

Nice.
KingBroly
Banned
(08-26-2017, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Colbert

I just updated the OP with an example where Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and PC are compared.

Enjoy!

I'm guessing they made new textures, but that's just a guess.

While it's nice that they're doing more for XBOX, I don't believe this will be the norm for other developers.
Colbert
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:52 PM)
Colbert's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

Yep! Not sure when, though. I'm taking some time off this week.

After such a stress week being at gamescom any recreation is well deserved. I have to train my patience then!
RootCause
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:52 PM)
RootCause's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theorry

Yeah i get 150 for my OG Xbox One. 350 for a X sounds good to me. Especially if its that big of a upgrade.

Yup. The only thing that sucks is the damn wait.
I bet you're excited to try the witcher 3 again. I'm definitely getting it for the Xbox, even though I already played it on ps4.
Branson
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:52 PM)
Branson's Avatar
No real reason they couldn't patch in those textures/effects into the pc version too, like most things but whatever.
blastprocessor
The Amiga Brotherhood
(08-26-2017, 04:53 PM)
blastprocessor's Avatar
Here we go :)
Dee Dah Dave
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:53 PM)
Dee Dah Dave's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingBroly

I'm guessing they made new textures, but that's just a guess.

While it's nice that they're doing more for XBOX, I don't believe this will be the norm for other developers.

It's a pretty safe bet that the Scorpio will get better textures if they are available from the PC build and Very High / Ultra settings. The extra RAM and bandwidth is what allows it.
funkystudent
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:54 PM)
funkystudent's Avatar
Cool they went back and actually reworked some assets.

Now I just gotta wonder how big this kind of patch is going to be.
Sad Affleck
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:54 PM)
Sad Affleck's Avatar

Originally Posted by AyaisMUsikWhore

I remember when Xbox fans were told to buy a PS4 for the same reason and most - if not all of them were uninterested because of things like Controllers and XBL and friends so they were willing to keep their boxes despite it's shortcomings for those reason.....I think it will likely be the case here visa versa.

All perfectly valid reasons to choose a main platform regardless of technical capabilities. I play on PC for all the extra features and flexibility, better performance and quality is just a bonus.
Navid
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:54 PM)
Navid's Avatar

Originally Posted by N7.Angel

Well...

That's mostly down to depth of field blur, if anything the PS4pro version looks better in that shot...
Gaenor
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:54 PM)
Gaenor's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





Embarrassing
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(08-26-2017, 04:55 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar
This confirms what I was expecting. Texture differences are going to be the more obvious differences between XBX and Pro versions for most people. Nixxes is doing real nice work on this version.
Hotsuma
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:55 PM)
Hotsuma's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





I swear, some of the GAF members need to be detectives because they put in some serious work. Damn!
JaggedSac
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:56 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





Not a good look.
KingBroly
Banned
(08-26-2017, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Dee Dah Dave

It's a pretty safe bet that the Scorpio will get better textures if they are available from the PC build and Very High / Ultra settings. The extra RAM and bandwidth is what allows it.

Maybe. It's not going to be uniform, though. I think Bungie already signaled that they're not going to use the extra power versus PS4 Pro.
Sad Affleck
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:56 PM)
Sad Affleck's Avatar

Originally Posted by Navid

That's mostly down to depth of field blur, if anything the PS4pro version looks better in that shot...

You really think that smeared mess looks better? I really dislike this sort of 'cinematic' effect.
Hippopuncher12
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:56 PM)
Hippopuncher12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sad Affleck

If you buy an Xbox One X why would you only use it for exclusives? It is almost guaranteed to have the best console version of every multiplatform release.

I'm doing the same. My Pro will will get all multiplats because of ecosystem and that's where my friends are. I'm excited for the 1X and I can't wait to play the console exclusives it has at the best they can look, but it's still just a side console to me.

Also this is going to start going back and forth for forever. Ps5 will be the most powerful and then the next Xbox and then the ps and so on and so on and so on.
Stimpack
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:57 PM)
Stimpack's Avatar
I told you guys PC is just a fad.
NeoRaider
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:57 PM)
NeoRaider's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





Dat expose! lmao
Noobcraft
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





Yikes.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(08-26-2017, 04:58 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingBroly

Maybe. It's not going to be uniform, though. I think Bungie already signaled that they're not going to use the extra power versus PS4 Pro.

Bungie just said they were still evaluating XBX support because they were focused on launch platforms and it's not out until a couple months after Destiny 2.
whatevermort
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:59 PM)
whatevermort's Avatar

Originally Posted by Give War A Chance

I guess this is my problem with these incremental consoles, not JUST X1X. This is the only time I can really tell the difference, in motion. They HAVE to be side by side, or else I would never know "it could be better."

Console gaming is getting weird.

Yup. And weirder still when you throw in HDR.
Theorry
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:59 PM)
Theorry's Avatar

Originally Posted by RootCause

Yup. The only thing that sucks is the damn wait.
I bet you're excited to try the witcher 3 again. I'm definitely getting it for the Xbox, even though I already played it on ps4.

Waiting since last E3, So 2 months i can hold out haha.
Witcher is gonna be great and i am sure gonna start it up and have a look after the patch. But probaby gonna play other newer games first. Played alot of Witcher 3 already haha.
jmaine_ph
Member
(08-26-2017, 04:59 PM)
jmaine_ph's Avatar
Xbox One X version looks great. Even seeing some things it has over the PC version.
Asmodai48
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:00 PM)
Asmodai48's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





Sogood.gif
Christocolus
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:01 PM)
Christocolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





lmao XD
spannicus
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:02 PM)
spannicus's Avatar
Damn Wotta you played yourself.
digoutyoursoul
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:02 PM)
digoutyoursoul's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





Ahh wotta, the people's troll, inspired me to study journalism
onQ123
Junior Member
(08-26-2017, 05:02 PM)
onQ123's Avatar
The HQ textures make the biggest difference.
TheYanger
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:03 PM)
TheYanger's Avatar

Originally Posted by JaggedSac

Not a good look.

No, it's ok, he 'owns an xbox one s' - IE the gaming side equivilent of "No no I have a black friend that said I could say that"
Marvel
could never
(08-26-2017, 05:03 PM)
Marvel's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

10 years of professional games journalism, you say? Fascinating. Congrats on the podcast.





Damn lol
spannicus
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:03 PM)
spannicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheYanger

No, it's ok, he 'owns an xbox one s' - IE the gaming side equivilent of "No no I have a black friend that said I could say that"

Hilarious but seems true lol
crazysapertonight
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:05 PM)
I remember, like someone told me that checkboard rendering on PS4 Pro almost the same as native 4K, lol)
Helacious
Member
(08-26-2017, 05:06 PM)
Helacious's Avatar
Are they locking the PC version out of the higher fidelity assets from the Xbox One X version? In the video the Xbox One X version have much sharper textures (very apparent at 1:50). Was the PC footage at the highest settings?

Thread Tools