• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Kyolux
Member
(10-02-2017, 07:14 PM)
Kyolux's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSituation

Coping this over to new thread

Just over a month with PSVR - I'm selling it I think, it's neat but it's got too many cables and my room isn't set up for it be out in the open.

I got this fantastic text message today:

These are the usual kijiji/craigslist spam scams.

Got tons of these when I was selling my car 3 years ago.
farisr
Member
(10-02-2017, 07:44 PM)
farisr's Avatar
99.999999% a scam, but just in case, just reply with, I only take crash or interac payments in the extremely small chance this is some dude who actually doesn't know that paypal is used in scamming people and was just using it for convenience.
TheSituation
Junior Member
(10-02-2017, 07:54 PM)
TheSituation's Avatar
So you guys recommend saying cash/interac payments? I'm going to try this. I'd love to offload it for a new PC
Cisce
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:03 PM)
Cisce's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSituation

So you guys recommend saying cash/interac payments? I'm going to try this. I'd love to offload it for a new PC

You're definitely getting scammed.

Say cash only and see how they react.
Cmerrill
You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
(10-02-2017, 08:06 PM)
Cmerrill's Avatar
Has Amazon just given up on shipping any order you make within a week? It's fucking ridiculous with them lately.
eyesradar
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:07 PM)
eyesradar's Avatar
lol maybe his son is in Brazil
These poor fellas down there get crazy taxes on video games.

(its definitely a scam
Ventara
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:21 PM)
Ventara's Avatar
Guys, any recommendation for headphones and messenger bags? The current ones I'm using are falling apart and I need new ones. I'd like the messenger bag to be somewhat roomy with a water bottle pocket on the outside, and the headphones need to be closed with detachable audio cable. I'd like to keep them both under $100, but if it comes highly recommended, willing to spend a little more.
MrNineties
Junior Member
(10-02-2017, 08:28 PM)
MrNineties's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ventara

Guys, any recommendation for headphones and messenger bags? The current ones I'm using are falling apart and I need new ones. I'd like the messenger bag to be somewhat roomy with a water bottle pocket on the outside, and the headphones need to be closed with detachable audio cable. I'd like to keep them both under $100, but if it comes highly recommended, willing to spend a little more.

ATH-M50x paired with a Mission Workshop 21L Black Camo Monty
Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(10-02-2017, 08:28 PM)
Bronetta's Avatar
Its 100% a scam, the most popular kind on kijiji.

Heck I remember selling a PS3 like 8 years ago and getting that "I really want to buy this for my son and will give youe extra for shipping" bs.

A friend sold his 3DS last year and got the same shit. Dont even waste your time.
The Omega Man
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:29 PM)
The Omega Man's Avatar
Can you tell this potential customer to pay you with PayPal but to use send it as a "gift"? that way he/she can claim it back.
Ventara
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:48 PM)
Ventara's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrNineties

ATH-M50x paired with a Mission Workshop 21L Black Camo Monty

Those headphones, though a little on the higher side for me, look solid enough. Will look into them more. The bag is a bit too expensive though (though I didn't look past the website for it; couldn't find it on Amazon), and it doesn't have a water bottle pocket on the outside (I keep my umbrella there for easy storage when it rains). Thanks!
TheSituation
Junior Member
(10-02-2017, 08:55 PM)
TheSituation's Avatar
I wasn't even going to go through the hassle of shipping it. I just wanted to see what he was going to do. No response yet!
khaaan
Member
(10-02-2017, 09:17 PM)
khaaan's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSituation

I wasn't even going to go through the hassle of shipping it. I just wanted to see what he was going to do. No response yet!

What did you respond with?
MrNineties
Junior Member
(10-02-2017, 09:19 PM)
MrNineties's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ventara

Those headphones, though a little on the higher side for me, look solid enough. Will look into them more. The bag is a bit too expensive though (though I didn't look past the website for it; couldn't find it on Amazon), and it doesn't have a water bottle pocket on the outside (I keep my umbrella there for easy storage when it rains). Thanks!

I thought you might come back on those points (re: messenger) but do some youtubing. super super solid bag, and it's quick access buckles mean it's still easy to grab the brellie in a hurry. Worth every penny imho.
lucypirates
Member
(10-02-2017, 09:53 PM)
Per @WalmartCanada

"Customers who successfully placed orders can expect to receive their Super NES in 3-10 days."

Orders with backorder notification: "Unfortunately, the customers who receive backorder notifications were not successful in placing the orders in time."
Fuzzy
I would bang a hot farmer!
(10-02-2017, 10:47 PM)
Fuzzy's Avatar
Why am I always the one to get the old thread locked? Firestorm do your job and contact a mod as soon as you make the new thread next time. Do your job!
Needham
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:56 PM)
Needham's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucypirates

Per @WalmartCanada

"Customers who successfully placed orders can expect to receive their Super NES in 3-10 days."

Orders with backorder notification: "Unfortunately, the customers who receive backorder notifications were not successful in placing the orders in time."

My Walmart order just updated to shipped. They didn't forget about me.
Vamphuntr
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:01 PM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cmerrill

Has Amazon just given up on shipping any order you make within a week? It's fucking ridiculous with them lately.

Huh? I ordered books during the B3G1 and they've shipped during the weekend and will be here tomorrow. Received my SNES classic today that I ordered friday. And Culdcept shipped today and should be here tomorrow.
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:02 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

Huh? I ordered books during the B3G1 and they've shipped during the weekend and will be here tomorrow. Received my SNES classic today that I ordered friday. And Culdcept shipped today and should be here tomorrow.

No shipping notice for my Culdcept. Says Iíll get it Oct 11-16 😒
RaidenXZ
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:03 PM)
RaidenXZ's Avatar
Hey guys! Random question, anyone know where in Toronto it's possible to buy bathing ape gear? :P
Kiro
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:04 PM)
Kiro's Avatar
SNES cords are short. Already ordered the extensions. SNES is pretty cool.
CazTGG
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:37 PM)
CazTGG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew

Disgusting title. I'm going to PM a mod to change that NSFW title.

.
Madness
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:47 PM)
Madness's Avatar
Is there any scam free way to get funds that they cannot renege? I would think even Interac isn't safe? Even my friend selling his truck got these scam messages. I will pay double for boat shipping and customs duty costs blah blah etc.
Whales
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:57 PM)
Whales's Avatar
My walmart snes classic order that i made on launch day just shipped in case anyone else is with walmart
Sealtest
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:18 AM)
Sealtest's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSituation

So you guys recommend saying cash/interac payments? I'm going to try this. I'd love to offload it for a new PC

As shady as it sounds it could be real. I had a guy pull something similar last year but he paid before hand using western union.
OrangeAtlas
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:30 AM)
OrangeAtlas's Avatar
My Culdcept shipped from Amazon and for the first time ever it's coming with UPS.

Should I be worried?
KingdomHeartsFan
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:52 AM)
KingdomHeartsFan's Avatar
Considering getting Layton's Mystery Journey Katrielle and the Millionaires for the pre-order discount because it doesn't seem like the kind of game that will drop in price, actually I could see it running out of print before not too long, but on the other hand my video game spending was crazy in the past month.
kevin1025
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:58 AM)
kevin1025's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucypirates

Per @WalmartCanada

"Customers who successfully placed orders can expect to receive their Super NES in 3-10 days."

Orders with backorder notification: "Unfortunately, the customers who receive backorder notifications were not successful in placing the orders in time."

Mine's been sitting in an Amazon warehouse, and I've been told twice now that Intelcom has missed their pick-up of it two days in a row. And yet on the tracking shipment part of the order, it says it's in transit. Yay Intelcom!
lamaroo
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:04 AM)
lamaroo's Avatar
Got a shipping notice from Walmart if that means anything to anybody.
Taro
Junior Member
(10-03-2017, 01:31 AM)
Taro's Avatar
Amazon is currently offering a $30 discount for the kindle paperwhite (prime members only)
Dorygrant
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:34 AM)
Dorygrant's Avatar
So any word on Snes's? I'm tired of checking stores lol
mid_level_boss
Junior Member
(10-03-2017, 01:41 AM)
My brother got his SNES today (bestbuy) still waiting for mine (Walmart) the irony is I bought mine in the morning and told him about BB opening up theirs at noon. In the end, Iím not even sure Iíll be getting mine :(
CaptainSmirnov
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:45 AM)
CaptainSmirnov's Avatar
Anyone get a code for early beta access for battlefront 2? Chatting with amazon support makes me think it's not a thing in Canada (at least 3rd party retailers) or not a thing for amazon.ca
Fix-It Felix, Jr.
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:56 AM)
Fix-It Felix, Jr.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by CaptainSmirnov

Anyone get a code for early beta access for battlefront 2? Chatting with amazon support makes me think it's not a thing in Canada (at least 3rd party retailers) or not a thing for amazon.ca

I didn't even realize we were suppose to get early beta access for pre-ordering. I haven't gotten anything from Amazon either.
DVCY201
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:58 AM)
DVCY201's Avatar
I got my NA SNES. Wow, this thing is delightful. I hope everyone who wants one can get one.
zroid
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:03 AM)
zroid's Avatar
I had the same reaction to the SNES upon opening the box as I did to the Switch

doesn't matter how many times I've seen these things in videos and comparisons and everything else. it's still startling how small it is.
Last edited by zroid; 10-03-2017 at 02:11 AM.
The Bookerman
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:10 AM)
The Bookerman's Avatar

Originally Posted by lamaroo

Got a shipping notice from Walmart if that means anything to anybody.

Still Backordered even though I placed an order while it was available. for fucks sake.
will they honor the order when they get some.
Madness
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:12 AM)
Madness's Avatar

Originally Posted by zroid

I had the same reaction to the SNES upon opening the box as I did to the Switch

doesn't matter how many times I've seen these things in videos and comparisons and everything else. it's still startling how much small it is.

Yep. When my damn S8+ is bigger than this thing I too was blown away. Makes me want an NES Classic so bad. I didn't even see preorders or see that in stores before it was discontinued.
Apples_89
Junior Member
(10-03-2017, 02:15 AM)
Apples_89's Avatar

Originally Posted by CaptainSmirnov

Anyone get a code for early beta access for battlefront 2? Chatting with amazon support makes me think it's not a thing in Canada (at least 3rd party retailers) or not a thing for amazon.ca

Early access to the beta isn't offered through Amazon, I had to preorder at EB to get my code.
lamaroo
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:17 AM)
lamaroo's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Bookerman

Still Backordered even though I placed an order while it was available. for fucks sake.
will they honor the order when they get some.

Shit man.

I was worried about mine, wondering if I should have ordered with Amazon too, but it seems I got lucky.

Hopefully they come through, I really should have ordered another just for the people who got unlucky with their orders.
mdubs
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:38 AM)
mdubs's Avatar
I hope the Last Guardian goes on sale soon. It hasnít dropped any further than $50 and thatís a bit too rich for me. $30 would be great and I hope we get that for Black Friday
LegendOfGood
Member
(10-03-2017, 02:50 AM)
LegendOfGood's Avatar
Re: that Kijiji scam for PSVR above ... Can someone please explain to me how PayPal can be used as a scam? Are my eBay transactions through PayPal at risk?
catpurrcat
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:12 AM)
catpurrcat's Avatar

Originally Posted by mdubs

I hope the Last Guardian goes on sale soon. It hasnít dropped any further than $50 and thatís a bit too rich for me. $30 would be great and I hope we get that for Black Friday

It was $29 digital at some point for a week early this year or late last year, can't remember. Hasn't dropped at all from $49 since then :(
jokkir
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:15 AM)
jokkir's Avatar
Wuh oh, my backup order for the SNES Classic shipped from Amazon. I placed the order just incase the fist order cancelled.

Now what to do with this.
Oneself
Fired from EB Games
thanks to this thread!
(10-03-2017, 03:17 AM)
Oneself's Avatar

Originally Posted by jokkir

Wuh oh, my backup order for the SNES Classic shipped from Amazon. I placed the order just incase the fist order cancelled.

Now what to do with this.

You can send it to me as a gift.
Cromulent_Word
Capybara Games

Also, a genuinely nice human being
(10-03-2017, 03:19 AM)
Cromulent_Word's Avatar

Originally Posted by RaidenXZ

Hey guys! Random question, anyone know where in Toronto it's possible to buy bathing ape gear? :P

Wrong thread (there's a Toronto Fashion thread offtopic) but:

Odnab on Queen W & Bathurst stocks it: https://odnab.com/
farisr
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:27 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by LegendOfGood

Re: that Kijiji scam for PSVR above ... Can someone please explain to me how PayPal can be used as a scam? Are my eBay transactions through PayPal at risk?

https://myria.com/how-to-avoid-some-...t-paypal-scams

As for ebay, selling intangible items like digital codes and what not are the biggest risk. All the buyer has to do is claim it was not them and it can result in you having to give them a refund, or worse, if they decide on being extra shity, they contact their credit card company directly and cause a chargeback via paypal.

And thanks to their policy of not letting sellers leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, you never know who might be a scammer. And there are instances where legit accounts get hacked and used as well.

Physical items you can at least get serial numbers, documented proof that you had the item in posession and sent it out to a specific address with a tracking number and can also get insurance via the postal service you're using. It's relatively safe. But there's no real way to outright dodge a scammer if you're selling.

If you're a buyer though, nothing to worry about. Ebay will bend over backwards to rule in your favor as long as you didn't directly get in touch with the seller and send them the payment off of ebay.
Mega Man's Electric Sheep
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:33 AM)
Mega Man's Electric Sheep's Avatar

Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan

Considering getting Layton's Mystery Journey Katrielle and the Millionaires for the pre-order discount because it doesn't seem like the kind of game that will drop in price, actually I could see it running out of print before not too long, but on the other hand my video game spending was crazy in the past month.

Don't do it. I played through the entire thing on my phone and it's an awful Layton game with lame puzzles and crappy mundane cases. It wasn't even worth the $21 price on the play store, no way in hell it's worth more than double that.
KingdomHeartsFan
Member
(10-03-2017, 03:55 AM)
KingdomHeartsFan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mega Man's Electric Sheep

Don't do it. I played through the entire thing on my phone and it's an awful Layton game with lame puzzles and crappy mundane cases. It wasn't even worth the $21 price on the play store, no way in hell it's worth more than double that.

Hmmm I'll wait and see how the game reviews in that case.
BubbaGum
Junior Member
(10-03-2017, 04:16 AM)
BubbaGum's Avatar
Anyone else have Culdcept Revolt pre-ordered? Wondering if I should cancel it or try it out as it'd be my first in the series.

Thread Tools