• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

PodcastFips
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:34 AM)
PodcastFips's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheMilkGuy

The game thought you went offtrack and gave you a penalty for that, it did not relate this incident with the previous one that sent you offtrack.
I hope they can tweak their algorithm to better filter these cases.

As said, you're not penalized with 10 seconds for leaving the track with 2 wheels. It's from the impact, and for whatever weird reason the game decided it's my fault.
SolidSnakex
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:35 AM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar
With all the praise for Lake Maggiore and Dragon Trail, I wonder what changes PD did to their course creation since GT5/6? Their original tracks in those games weren't too well like, particularly Cape Ring. But it seems like they regained their Deep Forest/Mid-Field magic for GTS.
KillerMan91
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:35 AM)
KillerMan91's Avatar

Originally Posted by PleaseDontBanMe

For some reason Driveclub looks visually more impressive to me.

Am I crazy/delusional?


This demo is beautiful btw, far from ugly but Driveclub imo set the bar so high.

Driveclub is 30fps game. GT Sport is 60 fps game. Games running at 30fps usually have more eye candy when it comes to graphics.
eyeball_kid
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:35 AM)
eyeball_kid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loudninja

Some VR impressions from Redbull

https://www.redbull.com/au-en/take-o...irtual-reality

I don't see how this game wouldn't cause severe nausea for most people in VR mode.

--
I'd really like to see some heritage cars and tracks in GTS. One of my favorite racing games was Grand Prix Legends, focused on 1960's Grand Prix. The sense of speed, sounds, and amount of skill needed to drive those cars was something else. And not bad to look at, either.


psn
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:35 AM)
psn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chris Metal

Just have the 30 lap endurance to get a bronze in... I'm not sure if I have the skill or will.

Be sure to turn on the radar by pressing right on the dpad, because otherwise the AI is going to spin you out a lot. Silver is quite easy though after a few tries.
ghibli99
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:37 AM)
ghibli99's Avatar

Originally Posted by PleaseDontBanMe

For some reason Driveclub looks visually more impressive to me.

Am I crazy/delusional?

This demo is beautiful btw, far from ugly but Driveclub imo set the bar so high.

Driveclub goes for something more visceral, raw, arcade-like. GT is more elegant and refined. Different approaches, and plus the 30fps vs. 60fps thing.
Neith
Banned
(10-13-2017, 12:46 AM)
Dude WHAT THE FUCK is up with this fucking AI man? Shit sput me OUT TWICE on the 6th lap of a race in second or first. Like what and the right fuck.

I could seriously squeeze a fucking tree to death. I can't even believe that shit just happened. TWICE in a row on the 6th lap. Just completely spins me the fuck out from behind.

This is some seriously fucked up AI. I can't even imagine the rage on a 30 lap race. I would seriously have to nyquil myself to sleep.
King_Moc
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:58 AM)
King_Moc's Avatar

Originally Posted by eyeball_kid

I don't see how this game wouldn't cause severe nausea for most people in VR mode.

Games in cockpits work really well in VR as your is expecting you to be moving around without you having to physically move your body. I can tear it up in Driveclub VR with no problems.

It's games where you'd be walking around where problems arise.
wrongway
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:15 AM)
wrongway's Avatar
Glad to find the beta got extended for the day. Got to try the Interlagos challenge again and made it to 1st. I'm still not quite ready to kill my +2 traction control though. :D

Went ahead and put my order in too. I've enjoyed this beta/demo way too much to give the full thing a miss. Haven't dug a driving game this much since Forza 4.
aspiegamer
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:22 AM)
aspiegamer's Avatar
As you can tell from my Evo livery, if you want to overtake me, I mean serious business:

Neith
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:23 AM)
Honestly, they need to fix this AI plowing straight into you. The more I race the level 6 shit this is happening all the time in certain situations.

I can tell you one thing I will be waiting to play 30 lap races until a few patches in. No way am I doing this shit right now. I don't have that kinda time to waste on a spin out.
Stillmatic
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:24 AM)
Stillmatic's Avatar
For the Aus crowd, seen Mighty Ape have GT Sport for the lowest price ($68 excl del) I've seen, both EB and JB still $99.

Their bonus is the Japan theme DLC
- Dynamic Theme
- LM55 Vision GT
- Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B Rally Car
- Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
- $500,000 in-game credits

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product...t-ps4/24126483

Doubt you'd get it on launch day though... :/


Edit: Big W will have it for $69 with no extras: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/334438
Last edited by Stillmatic; 10-13-2017 at 01:31 AM.
Brandon F
Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
(10-13-2017, 01:29 AM)
Brandon F's Avatar

Originally Posted by PleaseDontBanMe

For some reason Driveclub looks visually more impressive to me.

Am I crazy/delusional?


This demo is beautiful btw, far from ugly but Driveclub imo set the bar so high.

GT is far more sterile, from UI to frontend, to even the gauges and meters in hood cam. It really lacks personality. Beautiful in some ways obviously, and it plays quite nicely, but just lacking in a real style or identity.

Driveclub at least afforded a more personal touch to its aesthetics that sticks out. Both games suffer somewhat in roadside detail and certain objects sticking out as a bit sore, but I would agree that Driveclub is certainly more memorable as a visual package, despite GT looking phenomenal at times.
Shaneus
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:33 AM)
Shaneus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stillmatic

For the Aus crowd, seen Mighty Ape have GT Sport for the lowest price ($68 excl del) I've seen, both EB and JB still $99.

Their bonus is the Japan theme DLC
- Dynamic Theme
- LM55 Vision GT
- Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B Rally Car
- Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
- $500,000 in-game credits

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product...t-ps4/24126483

Doubt you'd get it on launch day though... :/

I'm going for the deal at Target. I don't think you get any of those bonuses (can they be bought afterwards?), but you get the game and a limited edition GT-themed DS4 for $130. Given those controllers normally go for ~$80, I'll be getting that.

Edit: Looks like Big W basically pricematched that deal.
Mobius 1
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:37 AM)
Mobius 1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brandon F

GT is far more sterile, from UI to frontend, to even the gauges and meters in hood cam. It really lacks personality. Beautiful in some ways obviously, and it plays quite nicely, but just lacking in a real style or identity.

Driveclub at least afforded a more personal touch to its aesthetics that sticks out. Both games suffer somewhat in roadside detail and certain objects sticking out as a bit sore, but I would agree that Driveclub is certainly more memorable as a visual package, despite GT looking phenomenal at times.

What
Callibretto
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:38 AM)
Callibretto's Avatar
Dont know if this help, but yesterday when I played, I didnt get as many penalty from being bumped from behind. The only thing I can maybe think off why is I start looking if theres a car behind me or not before a corner, and if there is, don't do a hard brake but rather slowly ease the acceleration and gradually brake before turning corner.

I think people who care about their own SR will also slow down when they see you slow down or they will use different line to overtake you. And I've manage to get away from being bumped from behind with no penalty to once or twice
Neith
Banned
(10-13-2017, 01:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Mobius 1

What

I literally hate parts of this game, and love Driveclub, and yet this game indeed does have its own style. And the graphics are very good for 60FPS on pro.
Stillmatic
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:43 AM)
Stillmatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shaneus

I'm going for the deal at Target. I don't think you get any of those bonuses (can they be bought afterwards?), but you get the game and a limited edition GT-themed DS4 for $130. Given those controllers normally go for ~$80, I'll be getting that.

Edit: Looks like Big W basically pricematched that deal.

Nice, yeah that's decent if you're after a controller. Not sure about the extras, I think they're just a pre-order bonus.
JP
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:45 AM)
JP's Avatar

Originally Posted by aspiegamer

As you can tell from my Evo livery, if you want to overtake me, I mean serious business:

It looks like you've put your cat's face on the car. 🙂



Audioboxer
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:47 AM)
Audioboxer's Avatar
So is everyone just resigned to thinking weather is going to be a patch in later job like Driveclub?
SolidSnakex
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:50 AM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

So is everyone just resigned to thinking weather is going to be a patch in later job like Driveclub?

We'll find out in a few days. But the manual specifically mentions actual rain along with simply wet tracks (there's one of those in the demo)

Wet Weather Tyres
Wet weather tyres have channels on the treads to drain out water. Intermediate tyres are used for slight rain or tracks that are wet in some parts only, while heavy-wet tyres are used in all other cases.

・Racing: Intermediate (RI)
・Racing: Heavy-Wet (RH)

get2sammyb
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:51 AM)
get2sammyb's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brandon F

GT is far more sterile, from UI to frontend, to even the gauges and meters in hood cam. It really lacks personality. Beautiful in some ways obviously, and it plays quite nicely, but just lacking in a real style or identity.

Hmmm donít agree with this. GT has bags of personality; itís really eccentric IMO.
eyeball_kid
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:56 AM)
eyeball_kid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neith

I literally hate parts of this game, and love Driveclub, and yet this game indeed does have its own style. And the graphics are very good for 60FPS on pro.

Well I'd say GTS's style is normcore. They function well enough for races, the IQ is great, but I wouldn't say they're pretty. The trees look like sprites and don't move at all (because they are in fact sprites), the grass looks mediocre and kind of barren. At least with the ones I've seen so far; I'm anxious to try the Ring tonight.

Driveclub level design just makes for more beautiful tracks. You get a real sense of driving through a forest or other environment. Lots of little effects add to the feel, like falling leaves and confetti. They just feel less sterile. I'm sure the 30fps gave them more breathing room to up the detail.
GTP_Daverytimes
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:04 AM)
GTP_Daverytimes's Avatar
The penalty system needs work, the rate the SR drops is incredible. Just did battle in an incredibly chaotic race were though not rammed there was a series of small love taps on me that made me hit the guy in front (in two cases I got hit and my SR dropped) and each of those got my SR downgraded, I've had four races of consecutive SR upgrades and this one race brought me back to a C rating. It seems bad driving is punished harsher than Good driving is rewarded. It needs to be more balanced. Other than that sport mode is truly addictive, if nothing else it encourages good racing.
Mikef2000
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:08 AM)
Mikef2000's Avatar
Quick question, is the full game going to be a patch on top of the demo install? Or do we have to delete the demo and download the full game?
wrongway
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:08 AM)
wrongway's Avatar
Relearning how tuning works is pretty cool. Started a custom race on the oval with the McLaren VGT. With the default car settings, I was immediately flying off into the wall as soon as the autodrive ended, and I had no hope of keeping up. Now I've got some tuning settings that are letting me keep up and make passes. Super satisfying.

19 AI hypercars on this oval is a total madhouse though
Auto_aim1
MeisaMcCaffrey
(10-13-2017, 02:22 AM)
Auto_aim1's Avatar
So, umm, the T300RS wheel is compatible with this game, right? My last wheel was DFGT and I spent around 500 hours with it on GT5. Didn't play GT6. Sport's driving physics reminds me of GT5 so much and that's the reason I'm willing to spend a bit on a good wheel.

Edit: The wheel is called Thrustmaster VG T300 Ferrari - Alcantara Edition Racing Wheel.

Is this the one? I've noticed there are a bunch of them.
Last edited by Auto_aim1; 10-13-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Mush
6.0
(10-13-2017, 02:23 AM)
Mush's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shaneus

I'm going for the deal at Target. I don't think you get any of those bonuses (can they be bought afterwards?), but you get the game and a limited edition GT-themed DS4 for $130. Given those controllers normally go for ~$80, I'll be getting that.

Edit: Looks like Big W basically pricematched that deal.

I don't need a 4th DS4 but man if someone here in NZ was running that deal I'd probably jump on that.

Did you cross the ditch, Stillmatic?
ferr
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:19 AM)
ferr's Avatar
Where is the garage with all my cars, mechanic thing to upgrade my cars, and the single player racing that was called "simulation" in previous GTs?
Callibretto
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:28 AM)
Callibretto's Avatar

Originally Posted by ferr

Where is the garage with all my cars, mechanic thing to upgrade my cars, and the single player racing that was called "simulation" in previous GTs?

I think the garage is on the home menu or something in the left part of main screen, car tuning is handled by selecting the car in the garage I think.

Singlenplayer mode is now challenge mode and it combine all kind of mission/races from playing only parts of track to full on endurance race.

You get money from doing anything in the game, even making a custom race with specific track, time of day, car types will give money depending on the difficulty you choose.

Originally Posted by ferr

Where is the garage with all my cars, mechanic thing to upgrade my cars, and the single player racing that was called "simulation" in previous GTs?

Garage and upgrades are on the left bar... simulation I donít remember but I think it is inside the garage.
KyanMehwulfe
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:29 AM)
KyanMehwulfe's Avatar

Originally Posted by PleaseDontBanMe

For some reason Driveclub looks visually more impressive to me.

Am I crazy/delusional?


This demo is beautiful btw, far from ugly but Driveclub imo set the bar so high.

Most of DC's environments are better, and obviously the weather, but I think the cars and lightning in GTS are better. Some of GTS's tracks have pretty bland or low detail open green fields which are hard to compare to the crazy flora of DC, but DC can afford that because it has half the frame rate performance and a lot fewer cars and spectators. I'd say cars are pretty close but still a certain edge to GTS, while DC has better environments and GTS has better performance, lighting, and 'population' (cars and spectators). Basically as others have said, they try to excel in very different ways -- I'd say the sum of GTS is an improvement and a natural advance over DC because it's a newer game, but they definitely also have different priorities and excel in their own ways.
0racle
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:43 AM)
0racle's Avatar
For people with a wheel,

can I navigate menu's etc via controller at the same time? or do I need to use a wheel 100% of the time? that would be aggravating.
WoolyNinja
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:47 AM)
WoolyNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by 0racle

For people with a wheel,

can I navigate menu's etc via controller at the same time? or do I need to use a wheel 100% of the time? that would be aggravating.

You can use either, whatever you want - I tend to use the d-pad and buttons on the wheel as its convenient to not hold the controller
0racle
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:48 AM)
0racle's Avatar

Originally Posted by WoolyNinja

You can use either, whatever you want - I tend to use the d-pad and buttons on the wheel as its convenient to not hold the controller

I have a new rim, so all the buttons are all over the placed and not labelled. Thanks for the info, the controller will work well for me.
blackjon24
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 03:54 AM)
blackjon24's Avatar
They had playstation VR set up with GT Sport at a mall in my city and i walked away thoroughly impressed. It was running on a playstation pro and man did it feel good, frame rate was good and so were the visuals.. I only played for maybe 5 mins but I really walked away impressed.
Camp1nCarl
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:56 AM)
Camp1nCarl's Avatar
People dive bombing and ruining a lot of cars race on the first corner drives me nuts. Then losing SR from that is just the cherry on top to fuel the salt. Ugh lol
Mush
6.0
(10-13-2017, 04:01 AM)
Mush's Avatar
Stuff it, I'm canceling my steelbook pre-order and just going for the Day 1 edition instead. I'm not a fan of steelbooks anyway and I'm only missing out on some cars and a few credits and saving $46 real life moneys in the process. I would hope all the pre-order decals/avatars etc etc are just the same ones across all the different varients?
Animal
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:19 AM)
Animal's Avatar
T300rs GT edition is sublime in this game. Got both the last two group 6 challenges done on first try and first time using the wheel. My old DFGT is a boat anchor compared to this wheel.

Maggiore and Dragon Trail tracks are delicious.

I need Grand Valley East and Spa back badly.

AI has surprised me several times with great battles.
Hitokiri03
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:35 AM)
Hitokiri03's Avatar
Good thing they made this beta, it went to never to brack friday sale for me.

Originally Posted by GTP_Daverytimes

The penalty system needs work, the rate the SR drops is incredible. Just did battle in an incredibly chaotic race were though not rammed there was a series of small love taps on me that made me hit the guy in front (in two cases I got hit and my SR dropped) and each of those got my SR downgraded, I've had four races of consecutive SR upgrades and this one race brought me back to a C rating. It seems bad driving is punished harsher than Good driving is rewarded. It needs to be more balanced. Other than that sport mode is truly addictive, if nothing else it encourages good racing.

I think the way it is now it's fine (I saw some asshole go from B to E in one race and that felt pretty good) it just need some tweaks to know when is not your fault.

Like a guy used me as wall in a turn and my SR dropped for example, but besides that the system is great, it makes online races pretty fun since most people is super careful now.
eyeball_kid
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:57 AM)
eyeball_kid's Avatar
I thought the Ring was on today's events..? I'm only seeing Brands Hatch, Interlagos, and one other. I really wanted to try the Ring. :( I'm trying Brands Hatch right now and boy do these Mazdas suck.
endlessflood
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Stillmatic

For the Aus crowd, seen Mighty Ape have GT Sport for the lowest price ($68 excl del) I've seen, both EB and JB still $99.

Their bonus is the Japan theme DLC
- Dynamic Theme
- LM55 Vision GT
- Mitsubishi Lancer Gr.B Rally Car
- Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
- $500,000 in-game credits

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product...t-ps4/24126483

Doubt you'd get it on launch day though... :/


Edit: Big W will have it for $69 with no extras: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/334438

Originally Posted by Shaneus

I'm going for the deal at Target. I don't think you get any of those bonuses (can they be bought afterwards?), but you get the game and a limited edition GT-themed DS4 for $130. Given those controllers normally go for ~$80, I'll be getting that.

Edit: Looks like Big W basically pricematched that deal.

Cheers guys. Press Start have a bargain guide up for any Aussies looking to pick up GTS on the cheap:

https://press-start.com.au/bargain-g...o-sport-cheap/
artsi
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:13 AM)
artsi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hitokiri03

I think the way it is now it's fine (I saw some asshole go from B to E in one race and that felt pretty good) it just need some tweaks to know when is not your fault.

Like a guy used me as wall in a turn and my SR dropped for example, but besides that the system is great, it makes online races pretty fun since most people is super careful now.

Yes it's not perfect but the mere existence of SR makes people drive much cleaner compared to Forza 7 for example which I've been playing for a couple weeks now.
eyeball_kid
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:17 AM)
eyeball_kid's Avatar
This penalty system is some serious BS. So that Brands Hatch race I was just in was -- despite being in those slowass Mazda Roadsters -- a train wreck of a race. Dudes driving all over the place, knocking each other off the track. I basically couldn't gain position because the people in front looked like they were driving drunk and acting like this is Twisted Metal. I ended up with a blue on my SR (which I think is a rank up?), but so did this jackass who was bumping people off the road and also spun me out. I also got a lot of bogus time penalties for being bumped off the track, or straight up trying to avoid collisions with people moving into my line.

They really need to work on this.
UpUpDownDown
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:17 AM)
UpUpDownDown's Avatar

Originally Posted by blackjon24

They had playstation VR set up with GT Sport at a mall in my city and i walked away thoroughly impressed. It was running on a playstation pro and man did it feel good, frame rate was good and so were the visuals.. I only played for maybe 5 mins but I really walked away impressed.

Holy shit, really?

Do you own psvr? If so how would you say it compares visually to driveclub/dirt.
SolidSnakex
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:23 AM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by eyeball_kid

I thought the Ring was on today's events..? I'm only seeing Brands Hatch, Interlagos, and one other. I really wanted to try the Ring. :( I'm trying Brands Hatch right now and boy do these Mazdas suck.

The GP circuit was available earlier this morning. They're rotating them every few hours so you may get to try it before the demo ends.
Crayon
(10-13-2017, 05:34 AM)
Crayon's Avatar
I'm trying the motion control now. It's excellent so far. You guys should try it.
KRaZyAmmo
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:37 AM)
KRaZyAmmo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crayon

I'm trying the motion control now. It's excellent so far. You guys should try it.

how's the turning with motion control? Are you trying it with all assists off?
Fredrik
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Neith

Dude WHAT THE FUCK is up with this fucking AI man? Shit sput me OUT TWICE on the 6th lap of a race in second or first. Like what and the right fuck.

I could seriously squeeze a fucking tree to death. I can't even believe that shit just happened. TWICE in a row on the 6th lap. Just completely spins me the fuck out from behind.

This is some seriously fucked up AI. I can't even imagine the rage on a 30 lap race. I would seriously have to nyquil myself to sleep.

I initially thought the AI was good but I agree that it can be totally bonkers at times, you can basically get the feeling that you're playing Destruction Derby all of a sudden getting smashed left and right until you're at the last position unless you manage to get out of their way. Extremely annoying. I don't remember that from previous GTs.
FM7 has the same problem btw. Haven't played enough of PC2 to have an opinion.
Crayon
(10-13-2017, 05:43 AM)
Crayon's Avatar

Originally Posted by KRaZyAmmo

how's the turning with motion control? Are you trying it with all assists off?


All assists off. It has a little indexed spot on center, so you have to turn an bit to snap it off of dead straight. But just a tiny bit.its very sensitive, very consistent.

The larger range of motion adds a ton of accuracy and the twisting of the wrists lends a particular feel for each degree of wheel lock. Full lock is a great big twist, tho. But most fast driving is done with very little lock and that's where this feels good.

I can saw and jiggle the wheel as I would in Raleigh life and countering is way easier. Try it!

Thread Tools