• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

sleepnaught
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:07 AM)
sleepnaught's Avatar

Originally Posted by eKongDiddy

Someone please tell me how to get gold? Itís like 400G at the blacksmith. I spend until 10AM watering and barely have time to get my energy back up before 2PM after selling crops for the day.

The mines, I think level 80+ if I'm not mistaken have gold ore nodes. You take 5 gold ore with 1 coal and toss it into a furnace, which you have to craft. A few in game hours later and you'll have a gold bar. Same principle applies to Cooper, iron, quart, etc

For energy, try foraging and crafting field snacks. I think field snacks are just 1 each of Acorn, maple seed, and pinecone. You should be able to make dozens of them if you clear some forest area. They fall of trees you cut down.
Last edited by sleepnaught; 10-13-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Vicious
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:14 AM)
Vicious's Avatar


Starting to come together.
HomespunFur
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 01:25 AM)
HomespunFur's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vicious


Starting to come together.

Wow, that looks great!

My farm is a complete mess. Not sure what a farm is supposed to look like in the first summer.
Twilight Princess
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:28 AM)
Twilight Princess's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vicious

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL-hzjXUQAAtaVF.jpg[IMG]

Starting to come together.

Whats ur horse eating?
Wallach
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:28 AM)
Wallach's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twilight Princess

Whats ur horse eating?

he's kissing that sweet hardwood floor
Vicious
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:30 AM)
Vicious's Avatar
He found a bug.
Ventara
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:52 AM)
Ventara's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vicious



Starting to come together.

That looks great! Does the flooring prevent stuff from growing on it?
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(10-13-2017, 01:57 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar
Well I've found a bug. Every single Magma Geode I crack open has a Lemon Stone in it. I'm at like...15 in a row.
limlark
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 02:01 AM)
limlark's Avatar
I caught one more fish and gained a level! Movin' on up!
spiritfox
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:04 AM)
spiritfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

Well I've found a bug. Every single Magma Geode I crack open has a Lemon Stone in it. I'm at like...15 in a row.

When life gives you lemons
Finn
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:07 AM)
Finn's Avatar
In this thread: literally anything that happens, ever, ask, "is this a bug?"
Ourobolus
Keeper of the Book
(10-13-2017, 02:08 AM)
Ourobolus's Avatar

Originally Posted by spiritfox

When life gives you lemons

Submit a bug report?

Originally Posted by Finn

In this thread: literally anything that happens, ever, ask, "is this a bug?"

Dude, I've played hundreds of hours across the PC and PS4 versions. This is highly improbable. Normally I'd expect to see a ton of Baryte, but I have yet to see a single one. Literally only Lemon Stones for 15+ geodes straight.
Finn
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:14 AM)
Finn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ourobolus

Dude, I've played hundreds of hours across the PC and PS4 versions. This is highly improbable. Normally I'd expect to see a ton of Baryte, but I have yet to see a single one. Literally only Lemon Stones for 15+ geodes straight.

I'm mostly messing with you. I've just noticed quite a few people asking if certain things are bugs when they're actually perfectly reasonable or part of the game or have an explanation. You just so happened to be the last guy to ask about a bug!

Also FWIW, something similar happened to me with a bunch of the Omni Geodes. Kept getting a particular mineral over and over and over again. Finally the last two gave me something like a stone and coal. Can't say either way if it's a bug, though.
Naar
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:21 AM)
Can you buy clay? Can't seem to dig it up
Like the hat?
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:25 AM)
Like the hat?'s Avatar
My magma geodes seem to only give me obsidian.
Ventara
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:35 AM)
Ventara's Avatar

Originally Posted by Finn

I'm mostly messing with you. I've just noticed quite a few people asking if certain things are bugs when they're actually perfectly reasonable or part of the game or have an explanation. You just so happened to be the last guy to ask about a bug!

Also FWIW, something similar happened to me with a bunch of the Omni Geodes. Kept getting a particular mineral over and over and over again. Finally the last two gave me something like a stone and coal. Can't say either way if it's a bug, though.

Doesn't help that the game is actually filled with bugs.
chaobreaker
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:36 AM)
chaobreaker's Avatar
Here's a protip from a expert Stardew Valley player for all you newbies: Look up every villagers absolute favourite items and figure out how to get some of the obscure ones long before their birthdays happen. Some villagers have obscure off-season items that are unavailable to get during their birthdays.

You can get any villager to max hearts in two years if you give them their most loved items on two birthdays and if you complete the bulletin board bundles.
quabba
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:42 AM)
quabba's Avatar

Originally Posted by limlark

Interesting, thanks. Do you remember where that spot was?

Don't they charge you a random amount of money each time?

I think it was near the bridge in town (left of the blacksmith)

Originally Posted by chaobreaker

Here's a protip from a expert Stardew Valley player for all you newbies: Look up every villagers absolute favourite items and figure out how to get some of the obscure ones long before their birthdays happen. Some villagers have obscure off-season items that are unavailable to get during their birthdays.

You can get any villager to max hearts in two years if you give them their most loved items on two birthdays and if you complete the bulletin board bundles.

I was hoping to learn that through the game. Like when the old lady tells you her husband loves leeks. Is that feasible or do you only find out by trial and error?
Last edited by quabba; 10-13-2017 at 02:44 AM.
Mumei
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:53 AM)
Mumei's Avatar

Originally Posted by quabba

I was hoping to learn that through the game. Like when the old lady tells you her husband loves leeks. Is that feasible or do you only find out by trial and error?

You do hear other things like that from dialogue, yes. Some of it is trial and error, though, and there are generally safe options (fruits and veggies are generally at least liked, though different people have their own idiosyncrasies).
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died
(10-13-2017, 03:05 AM)
Kyzer's Avatar
I lost my sword :o when can I get another?
spiritfox
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:08 AM)
spiritfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzer

I lost my sword :o when can I get another?

You can buy one from the adventurer's guild.
Ventara
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:18 AM)
Ventara's Avatar
OMG, Jodi is inviting me to dinner. Does she want the D? Are my dreams coming true?
Colonel Mustard
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:24 AM)
Colonel Mustard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ventara

OMG, Jodi is inviting me to dinner. Does she want the D? Are my dreams coming true?

Ewww. Abigail is the only one for me.
Fright Zone
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:25 AM)
Fright Zone's Avatar
Damn, kinda jealous of all your nice farms.
I haven't bothered with aesthetic stuff at all. Patch of veg with sprinklers right outside my door, load of randomly placed coops and chests and stuff.

Now I want to start over and make it all pretty.
ramuh
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:27 AM)
ramuh's Avatar

Originally Posted by HomespunFur

Wow, that looks great!

My farm is a complete mess. Not sure what a farm is supposed to look like in the first summer.

Im in the same boat.. how much to plant/focus on mines fishing. So much stuff to figure out.
Still dont have a coop or a barn yet either, no upgrade tools.. sigh.
Last edited by ramuh; 10-13-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Javier
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:46 AM)
Javier's Avatar
Robin just finished the first house upgrade and I am like

Babaganoush
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 03:53 AM)
Played 30hrs without one hiccup, just tonight all of a sudden it keeps closing with an error everytime I go to bed. I assume my only option is to delete the game,re download, and kiss my sweet ass farm goodbye?
Cerium
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:54 AM)
Cerium's Avatar

Originally Posted by Babaganoush

Played 30hrs without one hiccup, just tonight all of a sudden it keeps closing with an error everytime I go to bed. I assume my only option is to delete the game,re download, and kiss my sweet ass farm goodbye?

I believe they're working on a patch for this; I know they were asking people who had the bug to submit other details to help them find the cause.
Babaganoush
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 04:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Cerium

I believe they're working on a patch for this; I know they were asking people who had the bug to submit other details to help them find the cause.

If I delete and reinstall the game, will my save file also be deleted? Idk how switch handles game saves.
DownWithTheShip
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:09 AM)
DownWithTheShip's Avatar

Originally Posted by Babaganoush

Played 30hrs without one hiccup, just tonight all of a sudden it keeps closing with an error everytime I go to bed. I assume my only option is to delete the game,re download, and kiss my sweet ass farm goodbye?

Wait for the patch. Plenty of people are having the problem and I haven't heard anyone saying that restarting the game prevents it from happening again.
Cerium
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:10 AM)
Cerium's Avatar

Originally Posted by Babaganoush

If I delete and reinstall the game, will my save file also be deleted? Idk how switch handles game saves.

I have no idea but I wouldn't risk it.

Does it happen even on a new save file?
DownWithTheShip
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:13 AM)
DownWithTheShip's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cerium

I have no idea but I wouldn't risk it.

Does it happen even on a new save file?


I don't think there's anyway of knowing if it would happen in a new save file. Most people are reporting that the problem happens in Winter of year 1
Babaganoush
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 04:15 AM)
If I go straight to bed without doing anything it will save just fine. Seems once I venture out and come back to save it closes with the error. I'll try a new save file tomorrow and hold off on reinstalling it. Thanks.
Jigorath
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:16 AM)
Jigorath's Avatar
I really wish I was creative enough to make my farm not look terrible.
Random Human
They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
(10-13-2017, 04:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Vicious



Starting to come together.

I like how youíve organized this. I put my barn on the left side but yours looks way better.
Marvie_3
(10-13-2017, 04:20 AM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colonel Mustard

Ewww. Abigail is the only one for me.

Thats what I was leaning towards until I saw the scene with Penny in her house
BarringGaffner
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:40 AM)
BarringGaffner's Avatar

Originally Posted by Javier

Robin just finished the first house upgrade and I am like

lmao...
sleepnaught
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:45 AM)
sleepnaught's Avatar
Just ordered the Stardew Valley Guidebook and Vinyl. This game is becoming an obsession. Save me Mario Odyssey!
Brizzo24
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:50 AM)
Brizzo24's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vicious



Starting to come together.

May I ask how you came to organize your chests, and what color corresponds with which items?

I have three chests and i can't seem to keep them themed.
pariah164
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:50 AM)
pariah164's Avatar

Originally Posted by DownWithTheShip

Wait for the patch. Plenty of people are having the problem and I haven't heard anyone saying that restarting the game prevents it from happening again.

Seeing this terrifies me. I may wait for the patch in that case.
Nosgotham
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Vicious



Starting to come together.

woahhhh
mstevens
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:25 AM)
mstevens's Avatar
Just finished the first few days of Fall 1 and things are going so well! This game, man. Usually the first 10 hours are fun in a game and then maybe it gets a little stale, but I think I'm having more fun now than I was at the beginning. Got to level 90 in the mines and got a sweet new sword, and I finally spent some time building sprinklers. I have 12 quality sprinklers so far that are watering 3 6x6 squares, and then two more 6x6 patches of cranberries that I'm still watering manually till I get more sprinklers. I put the farm stuff off until now and it's really starting to come together nicely.
Vicious
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:28 AM)
Vicious's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brizzo24

May I ask how you came to organize your chests, and what color corresponds with which items?

I have three chests and i can't seem to keep them themed.

from left to right:

brown - building materials (wood, stone, ore, bars, fiber, sap, etc.) also stuff from the mines like bat wings and bug meat. mainly things used for crafting.

dark green - all foraged items (except shells). mushrooms, leeks, sweet peas, etc.

light green - vegetables and fruits. i keep at least 5 of everything i grow, mainly for quests or recipes. i keep another chest inside a shed that stores fruits/vegetables and other stuff waiting to be put in kegs or preserves jars.

blue - nothing but fish

light blue - other fish. since there's so many fish, i made a chest i use for other types like crabs, lobsters, rare fish and stuff like eels. i also put extras of all the shell types and stuff like snails in here too.

black - tools and other items. other weapons, things i've crafted but haven't placed yet, bombs, seeds, extra fertilizer, etc. i have another chest inside the house for furniture items.

gold - jewels. diamonds, topaz, emeralds, etc.

I also keep a chest inside the barn for the milk pail and shears.
limlark
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 05:30 AM)
limlark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ventara

OMG, Jodi is inviting me to dinner. Does she want the D? Are my dreams coming true?

Tell me what happens at this event, because she just invited me to the same thing on a festival day when it's impossible to visit her :/
Ventara
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:42 AM)
Ventara's Avatar

Originally Posted by limlark

Tell me what happens at this event, because she just invited me to the same thing on a festival day when it's impossible to visit her :/

Don't worry about that. Although she says today, it's one of those no-expiry-date quests, so you can just visit the next day.

We put my big slimy fish in her casserole ;D
She actually made breaded fish with it. Nothing happened except Sam being moody. Vincent didn't even make an appearance, lol.
VendettaRed07
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:45 AM)
VendettaRed07's Avatar
I gave in. And bought it again. Donít think Iíve rebought the same game as many times as I have this one since RE4
zenspider
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Ventara

OMG, Jodi is inviting me to dinner. Does she want the D? Are my dreams coming true?

I think you sold me this game LMAO
oatmeal
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:53 AM)
oatmeal's Avatar
People call this a dating sim but Iím giving flowers to these girls and then canít talk to them again because it ran out of nothing to say.

Do I have to just keep buying shit?
whyreggielie
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:02 AM)
whyreggielie's Avatar
Man with This x BoTW x Odyssey x Xenoblade im starting to think that Switch will be my most played console since the PS2. I'm glad I waited until now to jump into Stardew Valley as this game feels like it's meant to be played on the go; I'm always playing while on the train to work and sometimes while just having coffee.

Probably over 30 hours in already.
whyreggielie
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:07 AM)
whyreggielie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brizzo24

May I ask how you came to organize your chests, and what color corresponds with which items?

I have three chests and i can't seem to keep them themed.

I simply build chests near the place they're meant for (with the exception of fish). So seeds, plants, and everything farm related is next to my farm in 3 chests with a green seed chest. Ore and mining stuff is in a chest next to my furnace; with fish in the fridge and everything else in my misc. chest closest to my bed. Easy system for me so far and you can even color code to make it even easier for you.

Thread Tools