• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Onaco
(10-08-2017, 12:31 AM)
Can an NES Classic swap into a SNES Classic because of the same internals, or is that not possible?
Dartastic
(10-08-2017, 12:33 AM)
Don't know where my original kernel is or if I backed it up at all. It'd be super helpful if someone who actually correctly did that put it on a shared site or something. Someone is going to screw that up. Potentially even me. Heh. Hehehe. :/
Euphoria14
(10-08-2017, 12:34 AM)
So what happens if I have more than 31 games and I donít resize my icons at the bottom?

So they just go off the sides of the screen and look sloppy?
Stumpokapow
listen to the mad man
(10-08-2017, 12:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Dartastic

Don't know where my original kernel is or if I backed it up at all. It'd be super helpful if someone who actually correctly did that put it on a shared site or something. Someone is going to screw that up. Potentially even me. Heh. Hehehe. :/

There are multiple versions of the kernel for every region. :/
Vital Tundra
(10-08-2017, 12:36 AM)
Lets gooooo! Just got off work. Time to hack this purple beauty.
beanman25
(10-08-2017, 12:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Looks like Goof Troop doesn't work.
Also Panel Del Pon doesn't work but Tetris attack does.

err. it works for me just fine!

EDIT: Panel De Pon I mean
Last edited by beanman25; 10-08-2017 at 12:43 AM.
FallingEdge
(10-08-2017, 12:37 AM)
Appreciate all this!
Jawmuncher
(10-08-2017, 12:38 AM)

Originally Posted by beanman25

err. it works for me just fine!

🤔
Which one works fine. Iíll need to see into this.
Marty Chinn

Originally Posted by Stumpokapow

Wait, why are there multiple versions per region? I can understand multiple versions because of region, but I'm surprised there are multiple in the same region.
ggx2ac
I'll just wait for a YouTube tutorial seeing that some people aren't having an easy time with this.
Last edited by ggx2ac; 10-08-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Trill O'Reilly
(10-08-2017, 12:39 AM)
How do we go about installing RomHacks? I've seen a few that i like, but i'm not sure how to incorporate them...
Lettuce
(10-08-2017, 12:40 AM)

Originally Posted by darkjedi187

Any write up on installing RetroArch on the SNES Classic? I think I have it right but not 100%.

Looks like new version

https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases

It says decorative frames are not possible but i know RetroArch has an overlay feature which is the same thing, so maybe that could be utilised?
Chucker
(10-08-2017, 12:41 AM)

Look on documents/hakchi2 thatís where mine is, but Iím not positive itís my stock kernel, itís in the dump folder and I didnít dump anything else soooo
Joqu
(10-08-2017, 12:45 AM)
OmegaDL50 wanted Secret of Mana 2 box art in the style of the cover of the first game, so I whipped something up. I hope I got everything right, if not I'll update it as necessary.

Also, it's pretty much impossible to find a full version of the artwork I used in a nice quality, which is a shame because it's great. Artist is the late Hirō Isono, just like with that iconic Secret of Mana art of course. It's from the manual.

So I stitched one together myself in photoshop. And man, I have never done anything like that before so I'm sure I screwed up in places. Still, here it is:

It's not perfect, but I should probably share this somewhere more visible sometime. Like, on a Tumblr or something. Because it's a bummer to me how hard it was to find this thing. That said I still had to cut off parts, like artist's signature. That felt bad. Hopefully SE will remake the game and make the piece more accessible in the future.

Best full scan of the manual I could find for reference:

I also used a scan of the CD cover, and a closeup I found of the characters. I don't know what the proper colours are, so I based things on the closeup since that one is of the nicest quality. I think I did a decent job all things considered. Took a bit longer than I had planned though!
Last edited by Joqu; 10-08-2017 at 01:28 PM.
MrMephistoX

🤔
Which one works fine. Iíll need to see into this.

I think the this works for me that doesnít for me is a result of bad rom dumps...kinda frustrating because Iím pretty sure posting information on how to find to working ROMS is bannable. My advice is to keep checking different sources until you find one that works.
jacobeid
Is it possible to put all of the US stuff onto my JP console?
Dartastic

Originally Posted by Stumpokapow

Originally Posted by Chucker

Look on documents/hakchi2 thatís where mine is, but Iím not positive itís my stock kernel, itís in the dump folder and I didnít dump anything else soooo

hahahah i hope I didn't ruin everything hahhahahahah o.0
OmegaDL50
(10-08-2017, 12:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Trill O'Reilly

How do we go about installing RomHacks? I've seen a few that i like, but i'm not sure how to incorporate them...

Generally rom hacks are applied no differently than fan translations.

These usually consist of an IPS file which is applied to the Rom itself via an IPS patcher program.

Word of advice for those to unfamiliar with the process. You need to first patch the rom with the romhack or translation you want to use in question before you copy it over to your SNES Classic via Hakchi.
xyla
(10-08-2017, 12:47 AM)

No! Don't you dare break my heart like this! :(
beanman25
(10-08-2017, 12:48 AM)

��
Which one works fine. I’ll need to see into this.

Panel De Pon! Spent about an hour on it earlier, worked flawlessly. Dumped a cart my bro got me for christmas from japan

EDIT.. Wrestlemania the Arcade game doesn't work right for me. They fight and everything, but like the background is totally screwed up forever during gameplay
Trill O'Reilly
(10-08-2017, 12:49 AM)

Originally Posted by OmegaDL50

Generally rom hacks are applied no differently than fan translations.

These usually consist of an IPS file which is applied to the Rom itself via an IPS patcher program.

Word of advice for those to unfamiliar with the process. You need to first patch the rom with the romhack or translation you want to use in question before you copy it over to your SNES Classic via Hakchi.

Thank you for this, I was completely lost on that.
OmegaDL50

Originally Posted by Joqu

OmegaDL50 wanted Secret of Mana 2 box art in the style of the cover of the first game, so I whipped something up. I hope I got everything right, if not I'll update it as necessary.

Also, it's pretty much impossible to find a full version of the artwork I used in a nice quality, which is a shame because it's great. Artist is the late Hirō Isono, just like with that iconic Secret of Mana art of course. It's from the manual.

So I stiched one together myself in photoshop. And man, I have never done anything like that before so I'm sure I screwed up in places. Still, here it is:

It's not perfect, but I should probably share this somewhere more visible sometime. Like, on a Tumblr or something. Because it's a bummer to me how hard it was to find this thing. That said I still had to cut off parts, like artist's signature. That felt bad. Hopefully SE will remake the game and make the piece more accessible in the future.

Best full scan of the manual I could find for reference:

I also used a scan of the CD cover, and a closeup I found of the characters. I think I did a decent job all things considered. Took a bit longer than I had planned though!

This....this is awesome.
Jawmuncher

Originally Posted by MrMephistoX

I think the this works for me that doesnít for me is a result of bad rom dumps...kinda frustrating because Iím pretty sure posting information on how to find to working ROMS is bannable. My advice is to keep checking different sources until you find one that works.

Originally Posted by xyla

No! Don't you dare break my heart like this! :(

Originally Posted by beanman25

Panel De Pon! Spent about an hour on it earlier, worked flawlessly. Dumped a cart my bro got me for christmas from japan

EDIT.. Wrestlemania the Arcade game doesn't work right for me. They fight and everything, but like the background is totally screwed up forever during gameplay

Hmm. Iíll look into this.
MoneyLaunderer
(10-08-2017, 12:50 AM)

Originally Posted by "D"

Does this contain EVERY SNES game?

810 images. Only need one for StarFox 2, from what I see.
rubbishmonkey
(10-08-2017, 12:51 AM)

Originally Posted by KZXcellent

For those interested in box art I found a pack of 3D Snes Box Art to use for this. I assume it's okay to link it since it's just boxart. (They make you register to download it unfortunately.)

https://emumovies.com/files/file/204...o-3d-box-pack/

Here's how it looks on my SNES Classic.

Originally Posted by "D"

Does this contain EVERY SNES game?

I have started to make a few 3D boxarts based off this set. Just a few rom hacks at the moment but i'll be adding the missing games I have when i get time : https://imgur.com/a/6tuPw
Maxrunner
have you guys left the console by itself? Mario and luigi starttoopen your states and play from that point lol
LordRaptor
In case anyone needs / wants them some custom covers in the NTSC format

(I'm putting the Parodius games in as Parodius 1, 2 and 3 for library tidiness reasons and Parodius 1 had a PAL release you can use)

Goof Troop works for me - verify you dumped it correctly with something like GoodSNES?
Last edited by LordRaptor; 10-08-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Dartastic
I think I finally got it working, but what happened to the original games on here?!?
mikespit1200
(10-08-2017, 12:52 AM)
I added about 80ish games for a total of 100 with the originals. Everything seems to work fine but whenever I try to shut down I get a C8 error. I have to toggle the power again to get it to shut down normally. Anyone know whats up with this?

Only thing I can think of is I'm not using folders. Would that cause the C8s on shutdown?
Last edited by mikespit1200; 10-08-2017 at 12:55 AM.
-shadow-
Edit: Never mind, others say it works. Time for some Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack!

Whenever I want to just go back to the original version for whatever reason, I just flash the original kernel back onto the system correct?
Zee-Row
I'm a HUGE Nickelback fan!

'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
So can games be zipped or do they have to be unzipped to be read?
Syriel
(10-08-2017, 12:53 AM)

Originally Posted by MrMephistoX

We have a thread on how to create your own dumps.

Nothing bannable about that.
beanman25
(10-08-2017, 12:53 AM)
Crazy to ask, but could someone make a custom NTSC cover for Sanrio World Smash Ball?
Jawmuncher
(10-08-2017, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by LordRaptor

In case anyone needs / wants them some custom covers in the NTSC format

(I'm putting the Parodius games in as Parodius 1, 2 and 3 for library tidiness reasons and Parodius 1 had a PAL release you can use)

Goof Troop works for me - verify you dumped it correctly with something like GoodSNES?

Ahh. Didnít think to do that. Thanks.
escapegoat
(10-08-2017, 12:55 AM)
Anyone know if Sailor Moon: Another Story (English Patched) SNES ROM works with his hack? Can't wait to test this hack out when I get home!
sotojuan
(10-08-2017, 12:55 AM)
Is this black bar at the bottom of Chrono Trigger normal? https://i.imgur.com/1DDMoTk.jpg

Does not appear in menus, just in the actual game.
Maxrunner
(10-08-2017, 12:56 AM)
Can you guys tell me how to revert to factory kernel?
Also if you revert to kernel will it erase the original art of the factory installed games?
Chucker
(10-08-2017, 12:57 AM)

hahahah i hope I didn't ruin everything hahhahahahah o.0

That was my original kernel, it went back to an off the shelf SNES Mini after I did it.

Originally Posted by Joqu

This is fantastic and just what I'm looking for as well.
Don't suppose you could throw together a Dragon Quest I+II or V box.
DiipuSurotu

Originally Posted by sotojuan

Is this black bar at the bottom of Chrono Trigger normal? https://i.imgur.com/1DDMoTk.jpg

Does not appear in menus, just in the actual game.

Yes it's like that in the original game everywhere except for the menu screen, the world map and mode-7 cutscenes.
Robin64

Originally Posted by escapegoat

Anyone know if Sailor Moon: Another Story (English Patched) SNES ROM works with his hack? Can't wait to test this hack out when I get home!

Sure does.

Originally Posted by Maxrunner

Can you guys tell me how to revert to factory kernel?
Also if you revert to kernel will it erase the original art of the factory installed games?

Use the Uninstall function in the Kernels menu. It'll make it as if you just got it.
Joqu
(10-08-2017, 12:58 AM)

Originally Posted by OmegaDL50

This....this is awesome.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it, I know it's the cover I'll use.

...but uh, hopefully we aren't the only ones because cleaning up that artwork took me HOURS. Haha.
sotojuan
(10-08-2017, 12:58 AM)

Originally Posted by DiipuSurotu

Yes it's like that in the original game everywhere except for the menu screen, the world map and mode-7 cutscenes.

Thanks, I can stop being annoyed that I messed something up now!
Spacebar
Banned
(10-08-2017, 12:59 AM)
Installed NBA Live 98. I forgot how rough the NBA used to be. They didn't call fouls and you can go out of bounds back then. lol
Lettuce
(10-08-2017, 12:59 AM)
where can i find, "clover-canoe-shvc" so i can add the "--retroarch" argument??
xyla
(10-08-2017, 01:00 AM)

Originally Posted by LordRaptor

Wew, crisis averted!
Gradon
(10-08-2017, 01:01 AM)
Oh man I really, really want one now.
Dartastic
(10-08-2017, 01:02 AM)

I think I finally got it working, but what happened to the original games on here?!?

Soooo... seriously where did they go? Do I need to add them back?
Maxrunner
(10-08-2017, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Robin64

Sure does.

Use the Uninstall function in the Kernels menu. It'll make it as if you just got it.

What does happen if i choose Flash Original Kernel?
And if i have altered the original games art does flashing the original kernel revert those too?
Poppyseed
(10-08-2017, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by sotojuan

Currently installing Windows in a VM in macOS. Will report if it works. Trying to get myself out of doing bootcamp for this.

So, did that work?
angelic
(10-08-2017, 01:06 AM)
Two possibly dumb questions:

I've been playing it and have saves + restore points I'd like to keep, do I keep them?

The backup kernel is just the emulator and front end, not the build in roms? If so..where do they go.