• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Iceternal
Member
(10-10-2017, 03:42 PM)
Iceternal's Avatar
It's really weird... When I run the benchmark I get 75 fps average but the game still seems to drop frames or stutter... I have a 980ti and I'm playing on ultra settings at 1080p. Shouldn't it be butter smooth?
killroy87
Member
(10-10-2017, 03:46 PM)
killroy87's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eggiem

It's the best graphics card on the market. What did you expect?

Sometimes the best graphics cards in the world canít brute force a poorly optimized game
FlibbertiGibbet
Member
(10-10-2017, 03:49 PM)
FlibbertiGibbet's Avatar

Originally Posted by PayForYourGas

Do you mean it showed an in game option for HDR when you enabled it through windows? I did that last night and did not see an option. I can't tell if I'm using the games' HDR or if its Windows generic HDR.

It appears in brightness settings as HDR enabled to confirm it is active. Make sure you enable HDR in Windows before launching the game also.
texhnolyze
Banned
(10-10-2017, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Iceternal

It's really weird... When I run the benchmark I get 75 fps average but the game still seems to drop frames or stutter... I have a 980ti and I'm playing on ultra settings at 1080p. Shouldn't it be butter smooth?

Ultra settings need more than 8gb vram. Does a 980ti have more than that?
Iceternal
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:13 PM)
Iceternal's Avatar

Originally Posted by J_Viper

1070/i5-7600k/16 RAM here

I can't get a solid 60 FPS unless I drop to High settings. Which is weird, because the game defaults to Ultra.

Not sure what's wrong here.

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

Ultra settings need more than 8gb vram. Does a 980ti have more than that?

I didn't download the 4k packs, so my textures are on high setting.
Durrzerker
Banned
(10-10-2017, 04:17 PM)
Game keeps opening on the wrong Monitor and I cannot find a way to fix it besides turning off all my monitors but one.

Anyone else have this happen or find a solution to it yet?
PayForYourGas
Banned
(10-10-2017, 04:22 PM)

Originally Posted by FlibbertiGibbet

It appears in brightness settings as HDR enabled to confirm it is active. Make sure you enable HDR in Windows before launching the game also.

Ah ok I never checked the brightness settings after enabling in Windows, I'll check it out tonight. Thanks!
mephixto
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:24 PM)
mephixto's Avatar
Games run fine on my PC, most of the time between 70-100 fps everything on Ultra.

Specs:
CPU: 3930k @ 4.5Ghz
GPU: 1080ti @ 2025 MHz
RAM: 32GB
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Cyanity
Banned
(10-10-2017, 04:45 PM)
Any gtx 1070 benchmarks? Ideally with an i5 6600k?
PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:51 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar
so no need to download the hi res textures if I only have a 980ti right?
Mookow
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:52 PM)
My Ryzen 1800x + 1080ti is stuck in the 40fps range, low or high graphics preset doesnít matter. Any ideas?
Dunkley
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Mookow

My Ryzen 1800x + 1080ti is stuck in the 40fps range, low or high graphics preset doesnít matter. Any ideas?

what res?
b0uncyfr0
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:54 PM)
b0uncyfr0's Avatar
Anyone with a 1070/3770k ? How is the AA in the game? SMAA does a better job?
Mookow
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Dunkley

what res?

I game at 1440p. If I am on ultra the bench reports 42 FPS, if I lower it to low itís 47 FPS, so onbvious,y thereís an issue somewhere.
telasoman
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Durrzerker

Game keeps opening on the wrong Monitor and I cannot find a way to fix it besides turning off all my monitors but one.

Anyone else have this happen or find a solution to it yet?

I have the same problem.

I am going to try the windowed mode thing listed here.

To anyone who may have this issue, I have been given an answer that worked. Switch to windowed mode, move it to the screen you desire to use, and switch back to borderless/fullscreen. It stayed on the correct screen when I relaunched it, but another person on the Steam community page said it reverted back. Hopefully it works!

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...or/m-p/1689417
Jibbajabbawockky
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:11 PM)
Jibbajabbawockky's Avatar
Do the mouse controls feel really floaty to anyone? I don't know if its mouse acceleration or what but just moving around the camera with the mouse feels like there is this lag where the camera keeps moving after I've stopped moving the mouse and its super distracting.
georaldc
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)
georaldc's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlibbertiGibbet

Weird that enabling HDR in Windows before launching worked for HDR. Most games can toggle it on and off in-game. At least it works, though.

I thought this was the case only with Windows Store games (Forza 7 for example). I guess all games now will work this way to keep things consistent? I like an in-game toggle better though
roytheone
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)
roytheone's Avatar
These kind of threads are becoming less and less useful for me, it feels like all of gaf has at least a 1070 or higher :(
NeoRaider
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:20 PM)
NeoRaider's Avatar

Originally Posted by roytheone

These kind of threads are becoming less and less useful for me, it feels like all of gaf has at least a 1070 or higher :(

Ikr??
Also there are barely ppl with AMD cards posting. 200 posts in this threads and only 3 or 4 with AMD.

It's all same one or two high-end GPUs repeating.
Maffis
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:27 PM)
Maffis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jibbajabbawockky

Do the mouse controls feel really floaty to anyone? I don't know if its mouse acceleration or what but just moving around the camera with the mouse feels like there is this lag where the camera keeps moving after I've stopped moving the mouse and its super distracting.

It's not VSYNC perhaps?
datamage
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:37 PM)
datamage's Avatar
So how does this game look with HDR anyway?
PayForYourGas
Banned
(10-10-2017, 05:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Cyanity

Any gtx 1070 benchmarks? Ideally with an i5 6600k?

I'm running a i5 4690k/GTX 1070 setup and the in game benchmark was averaging around 57 FPS @ 1440p on Ultra settings. 33 FPS @ 2160p
PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:03 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar

Originally Posted by datamage

So how does this game look with HDR anyway?

Looks great on the menus....crashes in benchmark for me. Gonna see about it in game real quick.

EDIT: Canít start anything without crashing now. 980ti with game ready drivers.
Mister Wolf
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:05 PM)
Mister Wolf's Avatar
Has anyone got the HDR in this to work?
Enclose
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:06 PM)
Enclose's Avatar
Is the Large Page Mode recommended? Anyone tested?
J_Viper
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:09 PM)
J_Viper's Avatar
Will uninstalling the UHD textures improve performance?

This game isn't much of a looker anyway. I don't think I'll miss them.
PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:22 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar
Tried rolling back drivers, still getting crashes on benchmark and new game. FFS. ill try running without HDR.
FlibbertiGibbet
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:25 PM)
FlibbertiGibbet's Avatar

Originally Posted by georaldc

I thought this was the case only with Windows Store games (Forza 7 for example). I guess all games now will work this way to keep things consistent? I like an in-game toggle better though

Yea, I was really confused and upset because I thought HDR wasn't in the game. But there is no toggle in-game unlike other Steam titles with HDR support.

It has to be turned on in Windows first and then it will appear under the brightness settings as enabled.
RadioActiveLobster
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:25 PM)
RadioActiveLobster's Avatar
Well, after lots of testing and tweaking I just have to say at this point the game is completely unplayable and broken.

I cannot go more than 10 minutes without it crashing. Happens regardless of my settings, have tried disabling other programs, overlays, etc...
Sky87
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:26 PM)
Sky87's Avatar
4k cinematics are apparently bugged, a video stopped playing a second into it after picking up one of shelob's memories.

EDIT: Apparently it's supposed to be like that.
FlibbertiGibbet
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:27 PM)
FlibbertiGibbet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mister Wolf

Has anyone got the HDR in this to work?

You have to toggle HDR on in display settings on Windows first and then launch the game. Confirm HDR as enabled in brightness settings once game launches.

There is no in-game HDR toggle, which is really weird.
PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:28 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar

Originally Posted by RadioActiveLobster

Well, after lots of testing and tweaking I just have to say at this point the game is completely unplayable and broken.

I cannot go more than 10 minutes without it crashing. Happens regardless of my settings, have tried disabling other programs, overlays, etc...

Can you even start the game? If i run new game or benchmark it crashes for me each time...HDR doesn't affect it, Nvidia drivers arent either - I am a bit lost.
RadioActiveLobster
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:32 PM)
RadioActiveLobster's Avatar

Originally Posted by PeterVenkman

Can you even start the game? If i run new game or benchmark it crashes for me each time...HDR doesn't affect it, Nvidia drivers arent either - I am a bit lost.

Yeah, I can start the game just fine.

I've played the beginning of Act 1 so many times that I could recount it by memory at this point. Have yet to reach the gates though, it always crashes before I get there.
PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:37 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar
huh i can't even get the game to load. completely crashing for me.
Tizoc
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:38 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar
My Specs-
16 GB RAM
IntelCore i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.6 GHz
NVidia GTX 970M
Windows 10.

Seems the game crashes on start up and it affects laptop owners. One fix that was recommended was to set the game to borderless windowed via its cfg file in Documets folder and taht ought to get it running.
Struct09
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:40 PM)
Struct09's Avatar
i5 3570K
GTX 970
16 GB DDR3

Settings are a mix of Ultra and High and the benchmark gives me high 70's at 1080p. I have the game locked at 60 fps, I'm happy with the performance.
PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:42 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tizoc

My Specs-
16 GB RAM
IntelCore i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.6 GHz
NVidia GTX 970M
Windows 10.

Seems the game crashes on start up and it affects laptop owners. One fix that was recommended was to set the game to borderless windowed via its cfg file in Documets folder and taht ought to get it running.

I canít seem to find this file in my game folder, but setting the game to borderless in game still results in crashes
Mechanized
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:44 PM)
Mechanized's Avatar
So does the game seem well optimized or what?
MikeBison
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:48 PM)
MikeBison's Avatar
how do you actually install the hd texture pack? Mine says it downloaded but isn't installed.
nynt9
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:49 PM)
nynt9's Avatar
Anyone have an idea about these?

Originally Posted by nynt9

A few issues.

2- Geforce experience is not registering the game, and when I'm in the game it says the game is not synced to my monitor refresh rate (I have a g-sync monitor)

3- As a result of 3, I have some annoying screen tearing. Using unlocked FPS and no v-sync, hoping that would make my monitor just force g-sync, but that doesn't seem to work.

PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:51 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar
Now Iím stuck on a verifying integrity loop - install is done but it wonít start the game. This is a nightmare.

EDIT: this fixed my crashes for the moment though.

Canít seem to get rid of screen tearing though Jesus. Whatís wrong with this
Final Spark
Junior Member
(10-10-2017, 06:52 PM)
Final Spark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Struct09

i5 3570K
GTX 970
16 GB DDR3

Settings are a mix of Ultra and High and the benchmark gives me high 70's at 1080p. I have the game locked at 60 fps, I'm happy with the performance.

Cool, i was worried it wasn't going to run great on my 970.
SquallLeonE
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:52 PM)
SquallLeonE's Avatar

Originally Posted by Durrzerker

Game keeps opening on the wrong Monitor and I cannot find a way to fix it besides turning off all my monitors but one.

Anyone else have this happen or find a solution to it yet?

1. Press ALT Enter to change to windowed mode
2. Drag window to desired monitor
3. Press ALT Enter again
J_Viper
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:24 PM)
J_Viper's Avatar

Originally Posted by nynt9

Anyone have an idea about these?

Don't have a solution, unfortunately, but I'm having the same issues
RadioActiveLobster
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:33 PM)
RadioActiveLobster's Avatar
I seem to have resolved my crashing problem.

My rock solid for years never had a single problem in any game whatsoever 4.4 GHz overlock to my 5930k seems to have been the problem. Shadow of War for some reason did not like my overclock at all.

I reset to default clocks and was able to play without crashing.
Tovarisc
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:39 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sky87

4k cinematics are apparently bugged, a video stopped playing a second into it after picking up one of shelob's memories.

EDIT: Apparently it's supposed to be like that.

If you hear clear audio pop then it isn't how it's supposed to be, but is bugged.

Uninstalling 4k video pack fixes it and makes those few seconds clip play out like intended.
Enclose
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:44 PM)
Enclose's Avatar
Constant Crashing after 30-40 Minutes of Playing. So frustrating.
FlibbertiGibbet
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:46 PM)
FlibbertiGibbet's Avatar
HDR performance feels a bit....underwhelming? There is no HDR brightness scale like in Hitman or Battlefield 1, so the highlights are pretty dramatically unbalanced and blown out even if reducing regular brightness, and the colors don't really pop like they do in other HDR games I've played.

Things feel a bit washed out and rather boring looking. Maybe in later areas this will improve?
Tizoc
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:47 PM)
Tizoc's Avatar

Originally Posted by PeterVenkman

I canít seem to find this file in my game folder, but setting the game to borderless in game still results in crashes

I did the following
1- i set the .exe to 'disable dpi scaling'
2- ran the game, but it still crashed on startup
3- it created the .cfg in documents thankfully. I set it to borderless and so far no crashes but we will see
Dreathlock
Member
(10-10-2017, 07:49 PM)
Dreathlock's Avatar
Do you play with controller or are the kb+m controls good?

Thread Tools