• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

KaYotiX
Banned
(10-10-2017, 04:36 PM)
KaYotiX's Avatar
Going to buy on sale but I loved the first one and hope this is just as good
Tovarisc
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:38 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by drotahorror

Are Shelob memories broken on PC? Every time I complete one it acts like there's going to be a cutscene, it will show something for a second or two, then the audio will pop and it goes back to gameplay.

Do you have 4k video pack installed? Apparently there is some cutscenes that are broken in that pack.
BrassDragon
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:46 PM)
BrassDragon's Avatar

Originally Posted by drotahorror

Are Shelob memories broken on PC? Every time I complete one it acts like there's going to be a cutscene, it will show something for a second or two, then the audio will pop and it goes back to gameplay.

I have this on PS4 - just a glimpse of a cut scene and then it slams you back into the world.
mjc
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:48 PM)
mjc's Avatar
Waiting for a sale on this one, just not quite happy with the loot box implementation to buy it day one.
chandoog
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:48 PM)
chandoog's Avatar
Is this a known thing ? Might be, sorry not keeping up with this topic.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...AKENXHDCINEMAT

4K cinematic pack for free download for PS4 Pro owners. 23.4 GB.

Originally Posted by black070

Quick and dirty Pro comparison:
Favour Resolution

Favour Quality


The game looks stunning in motion by the way.


The resolution difference is noticeable and is probably the easier choice IMO. But the image quality doesn't look as sharp as the first game, maybe the dynamic scaling is more aggressive than the first game which stuck mostly to native 4k.
Pastry
Banned
(10-10-2017, 04:48 PM)
I feel bad waiting to see what Black Friday sales look like but with Wolfenstein and Mario coming out this month I don’t think my girlfriend would be happy if I bought this too. Maybe I’ll ask for it as a Christmas present, I was pleasantly surprised with the first one.
Papo Swing
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:50 PM)
Papo Swing's Avatar
Love the OT title. Thank god the other one was not used at all. Just doubling down on toxic stuff on the thread title that is supposed to be about the game you are in to talk about is just stupid and inflammatory for no reason.

Can't wait to play the game when I get my XOX.
JigglesBunny
Banned
(10-10-2017, 04:52 PM)
Has a console game had an optional 4K asset pack since the onset of the Pro and whatnot? Seems like a first.
23.7 GB too.
faridmon
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:56 PM)
faridmon's Avatar
I must have lived in a cave or something, but are 12 gig RAM a requirement these days for PC AAA games?
shmoglish
Member
(10-10-2017, 04:59 PM)
shmoglish's Avatar
Not a fan of the first game, but I have a few N3Ds games that I dont plan to play and can trade them via the 9,99€ at gamestop. May be a nice game for the holidays
Calvinpewpewpew
Junior Member
(10-10-2017, 04:59 PM)
Calvinpewpewpew's Avatar
Could anyone with a regular X1S give some thoughts on image quality? Desperately trying to convince myself NOT to wait for my X1X to play this game, but the graphics hound in me is winning out.
PeterVenkman
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:00 PM)
PeterVenkman's Avatar

Originally Posted by faridmon

I must have lived in a cave or something, but are 12 gig RAM a requirement these days for PC AAA games?

I thought 16GB was the new 8GB a year or two ago, but I can't back that up with benchmarks.

I asked in the perf thread, but just checking here too - the hi res textures on steam need 8GB VRAM, so I should avoid them on a 6GB 980ti right?
Lupercal
Banned
(10-10-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by faridmon

I must have lived in a cave or something, but are 12 gig RAM a requirement these days for PC AAA games?

I'd say 16 GB is a requirement but 12GB seems pretty standard these days.
Tovarisc
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:01 PM)
Tovarisc's Avatar

Originally Posted by faridmon

I must have lived in a cave or something, but are 12 gig RAM a requirement these days for PC AAA games?

16GB has been go-to install amount of RAM for several years now, no?
faridmon
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:04 PM)
faridmon's Avatar

Originally Posted by PeterVenkman

I thought 16GB was the new 8GB a year or two ago, but I can't back that up with benchmarks.

I asked in the perf thread, but just checking here too - the hi res textures on steam need 8GB VRAM, so I should avoid them on a 6GB 980ti right?

Originally Posted by Lupercal

I'd say 16 GB is a requirement but 12GB seems pretty standard these days.

Originally Posted by Tovarisc

16GB has been go-to install amount of RAM for several years now, no?

Thanks.

Guess, I need to invest in RAM then.
Fliesen
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:05 PM)
Fliesen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Calvinpewpewpew

Could anyone with a regular X1S give some thoughts on image quality? Desperately trying to convince myself NOT to wait for my X1X to play this game, but the graphics hound in me is winning out.

So, you got an Xbox One X pre-ordered AND you have a 4k TV? I'd definitely wait for the One X, seeing as this game will be one of the few 'launch' titles that showcase the power of your new hardware.
Unless you're really starving for something to play right now, i'd definitely recommend you wait.
MJLord
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:06 PM)
MJLord's Avatar
Can you still chop a nemesis' head off and have him come back with stitch marks on their neck? I almost died laughing when that happened to me in the first game.
BrassDragon
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:08 PM)
BrassDragon's Avatar

Originally Posted by MJLord

Can you still chop a nemesis' head off and have him come back with stitch marks on their neck? I almost died laughing when that happened to me in the first game.

Confirmed. Mozu the Survivor currently has his entire head wrapped in steel and bolts but he's still chugging along.
black070
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:09 PM)
black070's Avatar

Originally Posted by chandoog

Is this a known thing ? Might be, sorry not keeping up with this topic.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...AKENXHDCINEMAT

4K cinematic pack for free download for PS4 Pro owners. 23.4 GB.

Oh wow, downloading this now ! Does it only effect the cinematics ?

The resolution difference is noticeable and is probably the easier choice IMO. But the image quality doesn't look as sharp as the first game, maybe the dynamic scaling is more aggressive than the first game which stuck mostly to native 4k.

Liabe has said it lingers more on the 1620-1800p range, which is still a tangible difference and looks great on a 4K display.
Karamsoul
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:10 PM)
Karamsoul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Papo Swing

Love the OT title. Thank god the other one was not used at all. Just doubling down on toxic stuff on the thread title that is supposed to be about the game you are in to talk about is just stupid and inflammatory for no reason.

Can't wait to play the game when I get my XOX.

What was the previous OT title?
brawly
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:14 PM)
brawly's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karamsoul

What was the previous OT title?

Shadow of More Dough
Alter_Fridge
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:15 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar

Originally Posted by brawly

Shadow of More Dough

That's even better
Cpt.Underpants
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:16 PM)
Cpt.Underpants's Avatar
I hate trackers

I hate assassins

I hate adaptations

These enemy special stat bonus pisses me off and I love it
Nester99
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:16 PM)
Nester99's Avatar
None of my Shelob memory cut scenes work, litteraly the most interesting lore part of the game. They only last 1 sec then shut off. On ps4pro. Anyone else?
black070
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:18 PM)
black070's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nester99

None of my Shelob memory cut scenes work, litteraly the most interesting lore part of the game. They only last 1 sec then shut off. On ps4pro. Anyone else?

I thought that was intentional, haha.
mephixto
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:18 PM)
mephixto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nester99

None of my Shelob memory cut scenes work, litteraly the most interesting lore part of the game. They only last 1 sec then shut off. On ps4pro. Anyone else?

I think thats how it works? Probably you get the full cinematic once completed her quest line. I'm on PC btw.
Maximus P
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:19 PM)
Maximus P's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nester99

None of my Shelob memory cut scenes work, litteraly the most interesting lore part of the game. They only last 1 sec then shut off. On ps4pro. Anyone else?

Only done one on X1s and the game just flashed a quick picture before going back to the game. I thought it was intentional and you had to get them all for the full scene?
rpcdrag0n
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:19 PM)
rpcdrag0n's Avatar

Originally Posted by chandoog

Is this a known thing ? Might be, sorry not keeping up with this topic.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...AKENXHDCINEMAT

4K cinematic pack for free download for PS4 Pro owners. 23.4 GB.

I don't have a link to download this via that link - would it have auto downloaded if I have a pro?
Maximus P
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:22 PM)
Maximus P's Avatar

Originally Posted by Calvinpewpewpew

Could anyone with a regular X1S give some thoughts on image quality? Desperately trying to convince myself NOT to wait for my X1X to play this game, but the graphics hound in me is winning out.

Doesn't look too great tbh,it isn't the best looking game out there,the lighting especially is pretty poor from what I've played so far.

I also plan to get the X1X so I will have both consoles to compare when the time comes.
A Serious Man
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:24 PM)
A Serious Man's Avatar
Maybe, uh, level up a little bit before you fight your first war chief. I had a rough go of it.

Originally Posted by drotahorror

Are Shelob memories broken on PC? Every time I complete one it acts like there's going to be a cutscene, it will show something for a second or two, then the audio will pop and it goes back to gameplay.

The memories are fragments of a longer cut scene. You're supposed to collect all of them to complete it.
Fliesen
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:24 PM)
Fliesen's Avatar

Originally Posted by rpcdrag0n

I don't have a link to download this via that link - would it have auto downloaded if I have a pro?

i don't think so, i had to manually start the download.

Seeing as there's people who have a PS4 pro output to a 1080p TV, i suppose making the 26gig download an opt-in is the more reasonable course.
dancegrenade
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:26 PM)
dancegrenade's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nester99

None of my Shelob memory cut scenes work, litteraly the most interesting lore part of the game. They only last 1 sec then shut off. On ps4pro. Anyone else?

Damn that went over your head haha.
rpcdrag0n
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:27 PM)
rpcdrag0n's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fliesen

i don't think so, i had to manually start the download.

Seeing as there's people who have a PS4 pro output to a 1080p TV, i suppose making the 26gig download an opt-in is the more reasonable course.

Yeah fair point - hmm I will need to look on the console later as I've no manual link on the website.
Autofokus
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:28 PM)
Autofokus's Avatar
Would be interesting if those mentioned cut-scene problems are linked to the optional 4k-download.
carlsojo
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:30 PM)
carlsojo's Avatar

Originally Posted by mephixto

I think thats how it works? Probably you get the full cinematic once completed her quest line. I'm on PC btw.

Yeah I thought each one is like a piece of a larger cutscene. Kind of like the secret cutscene in Assassin's Creed 2.
Impulsor
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:43 PM)
Impulsor's Avatar
Anybody playing on PS4 pro? How loud do the fans get with this game?
black070
Member
(10-10-2017, 05:48 PM)
black070's Avatar

Originally Posted by Impulsor

Anybody playing on PS4 pro? How loud do the fans get with this game?

Mines been whisper quiet since the initial load.
TheKeyPit
Banned
(10-10-2017, 05:51 PM)
Time to get back to Mordor.
Calvinpewpewpew
Junior Member
(10-10-2017, 05:55 PM)
Calvinpewpewpew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fliesen

So, you got an Xbox One X pre-ordered AND you have a 4k TV? I'd definitely wait for the One X, seeing as this game will be one of the few 'launch' titles that showcase the power of your new hardware.
Unless you're really starving for something to play right now, i'd definitely recommend you wait.

I do, yeah. Ok...your input and the other guy lower in the thread seem to confirm it doesn't look or run particularly well on the base hardware. I do have plenty to play right now, I was more worried about having TOO much to play for the X1X launch - Shadow of War, AC: Origins, COD: WW2, Wolf 2, etc!

This seemed like a good game to play first, but I really do want to get the most out of the X1X since it is so damn close!
oti
Banned
(10-10-2017, 05:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Calvinpewpewpew

Could anyone with a regular X1S give some thoughts on image quality? Desperately trying to convince myself NOT to wait for my X1X to play this game, but the graphics hound in me is winning out.

Wait. You already have the Xbox X pre-ordered and the TV to use it. This game's story seems to be its weakest part so who cares about maybe getting spoiled. Wait it out. I'm sure you won't regret it.
rpcdrag0n
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:11 PM)
rpcdrag0n's Avatar

Originally Posted by rpcdrag0n

Yeah fair point - hmm I will need to look on the console later as I've no manual link on the website.

Found it via the console and it's downloading. Phew.
FF Seraphim
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:21 PM)
FF Seraphim's Avatar
Oh man one assassin orc keeps ambushing me when I try to kill other captains, screws me over each god damn time. When I finally get to kill him he smoke bombs away and laughs at me! Fucker is going down. He even kicked me off a building into a pile of orcs…
Nyteshade517
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:28 PM)
Nyteshade517's Avatar
Killed a normal Captain and he ended up coming back as a Legendary one...he killed me the first time we fought but I got him back during a Vendetta Mission

He dropped a Legendary Bow that has a 28% chance to light enemies on fire from headshots and it explodes an enemy's head on a fully charged shot...I like it

---

Also had another Vendetta mission where the Captain was terrified of the flies and weak to fire...so I shot down the flies to terrify him and then Shadow Striked the fire he was beside to light him up and killed him with a couple more hits
tryagainlater
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:30 PM)
tryagainlater's Avatar
How is the stealth in this game? Everything I see is more focusing on the fighting.
Andodalf
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:36 PM)
Andodalf's Avatar
Double jump is soooo great. Just feels amazing.
Maximus P
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:42 PM)
Maximus P's Avatar

Originally Posted by tryagainlater

How is the stealth in this game? Everything I see is more focusing on the fighting.

Ive still killed loads of people by stealth. There are also quite a few missions that require it such as 'kill 10 archers without being seen'.

Not unlocked many stealth focused abilities, but what I've seen so far is good.
FF Seraphim
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:42 PM)
FF Seraphim's Avatar

Originally Posted by tryagainlater

How is the stealth in this game? Everything I see is more focusing on the fighting.

The mechanism of it is really simple but adds a lot to the game. Enemies have 3 levels of indication of notice: nothing - they are blind to you, yellow they notice something, red they see you. You can run out of view and normal enemies give up the chase, some don't.
Stealth is key to getting around. Not stealthing on nemesis difficulty got me killed many times. Some captains can be insta killed with stealth strikes as well.
Adryuu
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:44 PM)
Adryuu's Avatar
How do animations and environments compare to those on the first game? By footage I've got the impression that it's way more janky and monochrome and generally ugly or uninspired.

Also, how is performance on standard ps4?
A Serious Man
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:47 PM)
A Serious Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Adryuu

How do animations and environments compare to those on the first game? By footage I've got the impression that it's way more janky and monochrome and generally ugly or uninspired.

Also, how is performance on standard ps4?

Environments are much more varied and colorful than the original. It's not Splatoon or anything but it certainly isn't as dull and brown as SoM.
Violence Jack
Member
(10-10-2017, 06:48 PM)
Violence Jack's Avatar
Gamefly is sending this to me anyway even after I tried to take it out of my queue. How is it so far?

Thread Tools