• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

JazzmanZ
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:11 AM)
JazzmanZ's Avatar
SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY |OT| ALL CAPS
traveler
Not Wario
(10-13-2017, 03:15 AM)
traveler's Avatar
Why do you guys want to spell it out? Just put the title in all caps and leave it be.

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY |OT|
Kyzer
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:16 AM)
Kyzer's Avatar

Originally Posted by traveler

Why do you guys want to spell it out? Just put the title in all caps and leave it be.

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY |OT|

Because there's literally no pun there
Heroman
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:22 AM)
Why is this thread almost 50 pages long?
CubanBoy1127
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:23 AM)
CubanBoy1127's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| After 7 years, Mario leaves the galaxy and returns home
eKongDiddy
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:24 AM)
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Cappyís Russian Election Shenanigan Theory

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Marioís Death. Peachís New Spouse

Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Bust a CAP on that Goomba
Randomizer
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:25 AM)
Randomizer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heroman

Why is this thread almost 50 pages long?

These threads always become a catch all for discussion. Especially for a highly anticipated new game coming out soon. Also hype and tons of salt lol.
KingBroly
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:28 AM)
SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY |OT| Capping an Improbable Journey
sonto340
(10-13-2017, 03:30 AM)
sonto340's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzer

Because there's literally no pun there

Itís in all caps. Cap. The entire mechanic the game is based on. Cap.
NikuNashi
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 03:32 AM)
NikuNashi's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Cappier than 64
BrokenJohnCena
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:33 AM)
BrokenJohnCena's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mr. Pointy

Is an Edge 10/10 still worth something or is it like a Famitsu 40/40?

in my opinion a 40/40 Famitsu is still something worth appreciating
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(10-13-2017, 03:34 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar

Originally Posted by MTC100



Why isn't this in the OT?

Yo
LordOcidax
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:35 AM)
LordOcidax's Avatar

Originally Posted by SunDimension24

Super Mario Odyssey is currently the 11th best selling game of 2017 on Amazon US with two weeks until launch. I wonder where it will end up by the end of the year?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...sms_tab_t_bsar

It's going to surpass Horizon and is not even out yet.
The Last One
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:36 AM)
The Last One's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| My Best Friend's Wedding
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Runaway Bride
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Bridegroom Wars
Rndom Grenadez
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:38 AM)
Is the full print review available anywhere? I want to read about how glorious this game is.
Kyzer
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:40 AM)
Kyzer's Avatar

Originally Posted by sonto340

Itís in all caps. Cap. The entire mechanic the game is based on. Cap.

Uh..yeah I think I got the pun I was saying to the guy who asked why even put the "ALL CAPS" part in the title and spell it out, I was saying because then theres no pun
CharlesDangus
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Rndom Grenadez

Is the full print review available anywhere? I want to read about how glorious this game is.

If you have an iOS device, download the Edge Magazine app, and do a one month free trial, download the issue, cancel before the month is up. I assume the situation is similar on Android.
DragonKnight
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:01 AM)
DragonKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rndom Grenadez

Is the full print review available anywhere? I want to read about how glorious this game is.

I think this is bannable.
traveler
Not Wario
(10-13-2017, 04:05 AM)
traveler's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzer

Uh..yeah I think I got the pun I was saying to the guy who asked why even put the "ALL CAPS" part in the title and spell it out, I was saying because then theres no pun

No I get the pun. I'm just saying putting the title in all caps suffices. You don't have to spell it out.
Liliana Eileen
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Rndom Grenadez

Is the full print review available anywhere? I want to read about how glorious this game is.

Not allowed..
elohel
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:21 AM)
elohel's Avatar

Originally Posted by DragonKnight

I think this is bannable.

one...not sure if he meant same review thatís in the magazine...

Two...scans are bannable I believe
mrmickfran
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:28 AM)
mrmickfran's Avatar
I vote for ALL CAPS

Also, why are people complaining about the length of this thread? Isn't the point of a forum to discuss things?
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(10-13-2017, 04:34 AM)
I haven't read the review, but someone told me the review says (I'm paraphrasing here, and also spoilering it just in case): that you get to see and catpure the T-Rex very very VERY early on, making you wonder if Nintendo did it because they know they have something even more awesome coming later, and then the writer goes on to say that indeed they do, which totally BLOWS MY MIND.

After that I told them to stop talking cuz I'm not sure I can handle more hype.
KrawlMan
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:35 AM)
KrawlMan's Avatar

Originally Posted by traveler

No I get the pun. I'm just saying putting the title in all caps suffices. You don't have to spell it out.

Because without actually spelling it out, the fact that it's all caps isn't that much of a stand-out aspect. Looking at recent history of OTs, plenty of other games (excluding acronyms) have used all caps and not stood out:

CIVILIZATION VI
HITMAN
SUPERBEAT: XONiC
TEKKEN 7
MARIO + RABBIDS
etc.

Now it could be that these games all use capital letters in their actual logo...well, funny enough so does Super Mario Odyssey.
Karspankey
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:36 AM)

Originally Posted by ridley182

I haven't read the review, but someone told me the review says (I'm paraphrasing here, and also spoilering it just in case): that you get to see and catpure the T-Rex very very VERY early on, making you wonder if Nintendo did it because they know they have something even more awesome coming later, and then the writer goes on to say that indeed they do, which totally BLOWS MY MIND.

After that I told them to stop talking cuz I'm not sure I can handle more hype.

What if you capture Bowser and walk him into a lava pit
Dracula's Nether Region
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:37 AM)
Dracula's Nether Region's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyzer

Because there's literally no pun there

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY |OT| NO PUNS HERE
Berordn
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:38 AM)
Berordn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karspankey

What if you capture Bowser and walk him into a lava pit

You can't capture him, that's why he's wearing the snappy cap.

Gosh!
Kyzer
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:38 AM)
Kyzer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dracula's Nether Region

SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY |OT| NO PUNS HERE

It took all of humanity's evolution to reach this moment
Oblivion
Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
(10-13-2017, 04:41 AM)
Oblivion's Avatar
I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.
Realeza
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

Yeah, I only expect another 80 perfect scores or so.
Silent_Ocarina
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:53 AM)
Silent_Ocarina's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| The Hats Have Eyes
felipepl
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:54 AM)
felipepl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

Like they did with BotW huh?
Kodaman
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:57 AM)
Kodaman's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| Hawt, Hawt everywhere
Ashodin
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:57 AM)
Ashodin's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| My Big Fat Italian Wedding

How can this not be the OT title is beyond me
TheGreatMightyPoo
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

lol
ghibli99
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

How can you claim to be the biggest Mario fan here and not be extremely excited for this game? Doesn't compute.
CronoShot
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:03 AM)
CronoShot's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey |OT| 2017: A Space Odyssey
isaacnukem
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:04 AM)
isaacnukem's Avatar
Super Mario Odyssey|OT| The Hat Has Eyes
Jaded Alyx
(10-13-2017, 05:05 AM)
Jaded Alyx's Avatar

Originally Posted by ghibli99

How can you claim to be the biggest Mario fan here and not be extremely excited for this game? Doesn't compute.

It's Oblivious, don't question it.
TheGreatMightyPoo
Banned
(10-13-2017, 05:07 AM)

Originally Posted by ghibli99

How can you claim to be the biggest Mario fan here and not be extremely excited for this game? Doesn't compute.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1431899&page=2
He really swears by Edge scores when it suits his agenda...
fastmower
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:09 AM)
fastmower's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

Are you trolling?
Power Shot
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:09 AM)
Super Mario Odyssey OT I Tip My Cap To You
OrbitalBeard
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:10 AM)
OrbitalBeard's Avatar
You guys are killing me here. The Ignore feature doesn't hide quotes!
ShockingAlberto
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:12 AM)
ShockingAlberto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oblivion

I'm probably the biggest Mario fan on the board, but I have to say, I think Edge is letting the hype get to them. I'm sure the game will be good, but I think everyone needs to ease their expectations.

I was going to make a joke earlier about how skeptical you'd be about this review but I wondered if your tenor had changed since the reveal
Honorio
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:13 AM)
Honorio's Avatar
the worst thing about oblivion is his fucking iwata avatar
plank
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:17 AM)
plank's Avatar
SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY |OT| HATS OFF TO MARIO
mrmickfran
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:18 AM)
mrmickfran's Avatar

Originally Posted by OrbitalBeard

You guys are killing me here. The Ignore feature doesn't hide quotes!

lol
TheGreatMightyPoo
Banned
(10-13-2017, 05:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Honorio

the worst thing about oblivion is his fucking iwata avatar

I would say it should be Kamiya instead but thatíd be insulting too.
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(10-13-2017, 05:25 AM)
IntelliHeath's Avatar
I'm so sorry that Im so late with the countdown.



https://twitter.com/IntelliHeath/sta...00678834081793
Frankenstrat
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:27 AM)
Frankenstrat's Avatar

Thread Tools