• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Piggus
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:22 PM)
Piggus's Avatar
lol Bethesda. Must be sooooooo hard to change a few INI values.
bryanee
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:22 PM)
bryanee's Avatar

Originally Posted by plagiarize

So, wait... we can't rely on this to confirm Xbox One X support?

Xbox.com game listing

Arent all games Xbox One X enhanced because of the automatic AF, or am I wrong?
chandoog
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:24 PM)
chandoog's Avatar

Originally Posted by family_guy

I doubt that's the case. However they might be waiting until Xbox One X is out to push out the patch to both platforms.

That's still no better though, they're holding back a patch for a month or more. Most early adopters will be finished with the game by then.
Jakartalado
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:26 PM)
Second strike Bethesda.

Skyrim was amazing. Prey was late and buggy as hell.
SeanTSC
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:26 PM)
SeanTSC's Avatar
If Bethesda keeps this shit up I'm just going to stop buying Bethesda games. Which really sucks, since TEW2 and Wolfenstein 2 are the two games I've looked forward to the most this month.

There's absolutely no excuse for a mega-publisher like Bethesda to not properly support the most recent consoles on any of their properties. At the absolute bare minimum a game should have a resolution bump and have all the extra resources available to the Pro, not just the extra power from Boost mode, accessible by the game.

It's also incredibly stupid to have completely unnecessary negative press for a game like TEW2 that's going to fight for scraps this month as it is. But hey, it deserves it.
KageMaru
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:27 PM)
KageMaru's Avatar
Really surprised by the lack of Pro support. Isn't this getting a 1X patch? There's little reason to patch a game for one system and not the other.

Originally Posted by dan2026

The PC port is a mess.

What's wrong with the PC port? Guess it's a good thing I'm waiting before purchasing this.
JetBlackPanda
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:27 PM)
JetBlackPanda's Avatar
Hey Bethesda. I was going to buy this. No PRO support means no buy.
jackdoe
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:29 PM)
jackdoe's Avatar

Originally Posted by chandoog

For reference, Xbox X enhancements have already been confirmed for the game:

http://wccftech.com/xbox-one-x-4k-ev...olfenstein-ii/

If this is going to start a trend of exclusive enhancement patches, that's a real BS move all round.

Originally Posted by plagiarize

So, wait... we can't rely on this to confirm Xbox One X support?

Xbox.com game listing

Oh wow, this is a case of before and after. The wccftech.com link has a screen capture of the Xbox game page three months ago. MS removed 4K and HDR from the descriptors on the current page.
demigod
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:30 PM)
Good thing I didn't preorder this, if I did I would've canceled it. Really tempted to get the PC version since its cheap, SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(10-12-2017, 11:32 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar
Performance and visuals are hugely improved from the first game but no Pro support really stings. I hope Wolfenstein II has it at launch. Bethesda publishes a lot of games I go out of my way to support on Day 1 because of their rarity these days but no Pro support stings every time.
Foxxsoxx
Banned
(10-12-2017, 11:33 PM)
Probably going to be post launch like Prey.

Shouldn't this be relatively simple to have added? Obviously maybe not at 4k CB, but at the very least 1440p?
DarknessTear
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:34 PM)
DarknessTear's Avatar
No Pro support makes it that much easier to avoid for now. No rush really until they decide to add support for it. So much to play at the end of the month anyway.
KageMaru
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:35 PM)
KageMaru's Avatar

Originally Posted by chandoog

That's still no better though, they're holding back a patch for a month or more. Most early adopters will be finished with the game by then.

To be fair, they may not be holding anything back. The patch may not be ready. It makes absolutely no sense to hold a patch back for any game. People thought the same about the Witcher but that's been released.

Originally Posted by Foxxsoxx

Probably going to be post launch like Prey.

Shouldn't this be relatively simple to have added? Obviously maybe not at 4k CB, but at the very least 1440p?

Depends on how easy they can reach that resolution without performance issues. I can't imagine it being too difficult, relatively speaking.
Last edited by KageMaru; 10-13-2017 at 12:03 AM.
brawly
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:35 PM)
brawly's Avatar
Used purchase it is. No rush.
Gator86
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:37 PM)
Gator86's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fezan

Link

- No pro support
- Native 1080p with solid 30 fps with boost mode
- Regular ps4 only drop fps during cutscenes.
- Visually much better than original game with no black bars.

No pro support is highly disappointing. second Bethesda game with no pro support

No pro support...wow. Get fuuuuuuuucked. Was already planning to only rent, but this would seal the no purchase even if that wasn't the case.
Asd202
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:38 PM)
Asd202's Avatar
Wut? Wasn't Pro support supposed to be mandatory?
platina
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:38 PM)
No pro support no buy. I thought this was mandatory.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(10-12-2017, 11:39 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar
Itís very strange that Bethesda keeps giving away custom PS4 Pros of games that donít support it.
BigSoftieFF
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:40 PM)
BigSoftieFF's Avatar
Skipped Prey and will skip this. Keep em....
daniel77733
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:43 PM)
No Pro support is disappointing as I was at least hoping for HDR but seeing that the game runs at pretty much a locked 30fps with boost mode on somewhat makes up for it. TEW2 does look a lot better, crisper and cleaner. No HDR is very disappointing as is the resolution being only at 1080p but seeing as how the game runs a billion times better than the original without black bars thankfully, I'll accept the exchange especially since im expecting this game to be real good and blow away REVII for me personally. Still can't wait for tomorrow!!!
LowSignal
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:45 PM)
LowSignal's Avatar
Disappointing you would think by now pro support would be automatic.
HomerSimpson-Man
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:47 PM)
HomerSimpson-Man's Avatar
At least native 1080p with stable 30fps is a heck of an improvement over the first game. I was kind of worried there.
Kyoufu
(10-12-2017, 11:47 PM)
Kyoufu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Asd202

Wut? Wasn't Pro support supposed to be mandatory?

The only thing that's mandatory is 1080p and equal or greater frame rate.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(10-12-2017, 11:48 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson-Man

At least native 1080p with stable 30fps is a heck of an improvement over the first game. I was kind of worried there.

This is the main reason itís more of a bummer and not making me too upset. I played the first in boost mode again a couple months back and even that was an ugly game with uneven performance. This looks substantially better on the tech front.
LifeLike
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:49 PM)
LifeLike's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoboPlato

Itís very strange that Bethesda keeps giving away custom PS4 Pros of games that donít support it.

What?? Now that's really strange! Haha
shimon
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:50 PM)
shimon's Avatar
Maybe they will patch it later like with Prey? Otherwise,disappointing with no Pro support.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(10-12-2017, 11:52 PM)
Loudninja's Avatar
Odd since Bethesda pro support is actually pretty good.
SimpleCRIPPLE
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:52 PM)
The more I watch this game, added to the fact they didn't bother with Pro support, makes this seem like a B tier game being pushed as a AAA.
Yautja_Warrior
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:53 PM)
Yautja_Warrior's Avatar
Sounds like the same situation as Prey, will probably get a patch later, disappointing it's not supported at launch though.
RoboPlato
I'd be in the dick
(10-12-2017, 11:53 PM)
RoboPlato's Avatar

Originally Posted by shimon

Maybe they will patch it later like with Prey? Otherwise,disappointing with no Pro support.

I wish they would at least say something ahead of time if they plan on adding it after launch.
Kabuki Waq
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:54 PM)
Kabuki Waq's Avatar
Will not support. Garbage move Bethesda.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(10-12-2017, 11:54 PM)
Loudninja's Avatar
Atleast the game runs well.
Smokey
Just ordered 2 Laker car flags on Amazon.com
(10-12-2017, 11:55 PM)
Smokey's Avatar
I was cautiously optimistic for this game and I don't even really like horror games, but no Pro support? Nope. Fuck off Bethesda and Sony can get it to for not enforcing some kind of mandate for support.
Hideki Kamiya
Junior Member
(10-12-2017, 11:56 PM)
Hideki Kamiya's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zefah

No Pro support in certain is really getting unacceptable. Sony really needs to put their foot down on this shit.

X GOIN' GIVE IT TO YA
Imp the Dimp
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:56 PM)

Originally Posted by daniel77733

No Pro support is disappointing as I was at least hoping for HDR but seeing that the game runs at pretty much a locked 30fps with boost mode on somewhat makes up for it. TEW2 does look a lot better, crisper and cleaner. No HDR is very disappointing as is the resolution being only at 1080p but seeing as how the game runs a billion times better than the original without black bars thankfully, I'll accept the exchange especially since im expecting this game to be real good and blow away REVII for me personally. Still can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Come on, 1080/30 is the absolute bare minimum for a game in late 2017. This is not a great accomplishment and I'm disappointed the game didn't ship with a pro patch.
brawly
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:56 PM)
brawly's Avatar

Originally Posted by Loudninja

Odd since Bethesda pro support is actually pretty good.

Nah. Dishonored 2 and Prey were both shit.
Gator86
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:59 PM)
Gator86's Avatar

Originally Posted by Imp the Dimp

Come on, 1080/30 is the absolute bare minimum for a game in late 2017. This is not a great accomplishment and I'm disappointed the game didn't ship with a pro patch.

Considering Evil Within 1, 1080/30 is a monumental achievement. Definitely one of the most technically incompetent games I've played in the last decade.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(10-13-2017, 12:00 AM)
Loudninja's Avatar

Originally Posted by brawly

Nah. Dishonored 2 and Prey were both shit.

True.
leng jai
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:02 AM)
leng jai's Avatar
No Pro support is a joke for a title like this. Sounds like the PC version isn't too got either. Why are Bethesda games always like this in some way or another technically?
Autofokus
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:03 AM)
Autofokus's Avatar

Originally Posted by brawly

Nah. Dishonored 2 and Prey were both shit.

I bought Prey in August from the bargain bin, thought it did run great on the Pro. Canít remember the version number, but I think itís still the latest patch available.
leng jai
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:04 AM)
leng jai's Avatar

Originally Posted by Autofokus

I bought Prey in August from the bargain bin, thought it did run great on the Pro. Canít remember the version number, but I think itís still the latest patch available.

It had no Pro support until a month or so after launch.
black070
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:05 AM)
black070's Avatar
Disappointing if Pro support isnít planned.
Anung
Un Rama
(10-13-2017, 12:10 AM)
Anung's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gator86

Considering Evil Within 1, 1080/30 is a monumental achievement. Definitely one of the most technically incompetent games I've played in the last decade.

This is where I'm at. This being 1080/30 with no black bars basically is pro support to me. A huge leap over the original.
giancarlo123x
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:10 AM)
giancarlo123x's Avatar
By the time I get this I'm sure there will be a patch.
chandoog
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:11 AM)
chandoog's Avatar

Originally Posted by brawly

Nah. Dishonored 2 and Prey were both shit.

Dishonored 2's Pro support was decent. 1440p/30 FPS. It didn't support super sampling for 1080p TV's which was a bummer for 1080p TV owners.

Prey had pretty minimal support though, that's true. 1080p with some enhanced lighting effects and draw distance, that's it.

Originally Posted by giancarlo123x

By the time I get this I'm sure there will be a patch.

Here's hoping there's one sooner rather than later.
MosquitoSmasher
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:12 AM)
MosquitoSmasher's Avatar

Originally Posted by chandoog

Yes, Wolfeinstein's devs have confirmed Pro support along with X support.

Well then, had me worried there for a second. Thanks man.
ThoseDeafMutes
Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane.
(10-13-2017, 12:18 AM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by chandoog

Yes, Wolfeinstein's devs have confirmed Pro support along with X support.

I'm not aware of any such promises.

This is from the Matthies interview I posted via GameSpot the other day, when asked about PS4 Pro and X1X support:

"I'm not so attuned to those plans. But for sure, those are support and the engine can take advantage of that extra power."

Jens sounds quite uncertain and vague here. It could simply be implying a boost mode scenario in which the dynamic resolution targets are met more often than on base hardware.
DISSESHOWEDO
Banned
(10-13-2017, 12:19 AM)
Thanks Bethesda now i will wait and most likely buy it on sale. Not that with GTS, COD, Assassin and the other games i would've had time but now i can at least save some money.
mephixto
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:21 AM)
mephixto's Avatar
Same history with almost all Id Tech 5 games, Doom and Wolf 2 are on Id Tech 6 wich seems more scalable.
kc44135
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:22 AM)
kc44135's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hippopuncher12

No Pro support? LofuckingL. I will wait until after the X comes out to see if they patch it then.

Originally Posted by Rellik

Then it doesn't get my support. Pretty simply really.

Next.

Originally Posted by chandoog

Really disappointed at the lack of any Pro support.

Not buying this until a Pro patch is announced or a cheap used copy is available I guess.

Originally Posted by JetBlackPanda

Hey Bethesda. I was going to buy this. No PRO support means no buy.

Originally Posted by Gator86

No pro support...wow. Get fuuuuuuuucked. Was already planning to only rent, but this would seal the no purchase even if that wasn't the case.

Originally Posted by platina

No pro support no buy. I thought this was mandatory.

Originally Posted by Kabuki Waq

Will not support. Garbage move Bethesda.

Good, show 'em this is not OK! No PRO, no buy!!! 👍👍👍

Thread Tools