• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Jimnymebob
(10-12-2017, 11:31 PM)

Originally Posted by NullPointer

According to the dev streams this update is supposed to come with a lot of game-wide performance optimizations as well, not just limited to this new landscape feature.

The new nunchucks and their endless stance combos are so god damned much fun. Seriously recommended for ridiculous shit-eating-grin amazingness.

The rapiers are also super deadly, and easy to combo. And gunblades.

If you're looking for interesting new melee weapons to try out.

Yeah, all I tried was the default Bo Staff.
The bow and arrow is super fun to use, but I wasn't feeling the melee stuff. Nunchucks sound fun though.
Niceguydan8
I was listening to their creative director talk about the game while streaming to periscope and he said this update has 29 word pages worth of changes. Crazy!
Last edited by Niceguydan8; 10-12-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Glitchesarecool

Originally Posted by Z3M0G

Can you access this without reaching any particular milestone? If not, what is it?

Edit: oh, ps4 when?

November expected, and you just have to make it to earth. The plains increase in difficulty the further from town you get.

Originally Posted by Niceguydan8

I was listening to their creative director talk about the game whole streaming to periscope and he said this update has 29 word pages worth of changes. Crazy!

Yes, added to the top post now that it's available.
qcf x2
(10-12-2017, 11:32 PM)
This is out already? Can I transfer PS4 account to PC? I'm scared of starting over.
Glitchesarecool
(10-12-2017, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by qcf x2

This is out already? Can I transfer PS4 account to PC? I'm scared of starting over.

No, and probably that won't ever happen again. But it will come to consoles next month once us PC players work out all of the real serious bugs.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(10-12-2017, 11:41 PM)
Isn't this update also supposed to include some changes to sniper rifles? Or was that already patched in previously? IIRC the devs talked about adding a default punch-through and maybe changing the way sniper shot combos deteriorate?

Originally Posted by Jimnymebob

Yeah, all I tried was the default Bo Staff.
The bow and arrow is super fun to use, but I wasn't feeling the melee stuff. Nunchucks sound fun though.

The Paris? Are you pinning enemies into walls? If so there are a few other ones with different damage types to play with too. The Cernos does impact/knockdown while another bow that's deviously hard to acquire, the Dread, eviscerates.

Those are the big three but there are other variations and a few new ones too that I haven't tested yet.

All are perfect stealth weapons, work great even when fired on the hip and on the move, and can be modded to become critical damage dealing monstrosities.
Last edited by NullPointer; 10-12-2017 at 11:44 PM.
qcf x2
(10-12-2017, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Glitchesarecool

No, and probably that won't ever happen again. But it will come to consoles next month once us PC players work out all of the real serious bugs.

That sucks. I'm probably never turning on my PS4 again so I guess I'll download Warframe when I feel like going through the grind again.
Abilidebob
(10-12-2017, 11:53 PM)
Jesus, the update is going too slowly.

Anyone knows which Streamers are eligible to watch and get the items?
Z3M0G
(10-12-2017, 11:54 PM)
I hope it runs well on PS4... i was shocked how badly the flying missions performed.
VariantX
(10-12-2017, 11:55 PM)
Jealous of you PC guys, I gotta either wait until Nov or buy a videocard like tonight lol.
Inyourprime
(10-12-2017, 11:56 PM)
Out already? Cool. But I think I'll wait a few months before I start Warframe again.
FeArTriX
(10-12-2017, 11:58 PM)
The sounds effect are amazing

Adnor
(10-12-2017, 11:59 PM)
Downloading!

At 300 KB/s nooooooo
midasmulligan
(10-13-2017, 12:00 AM)
I just got back into this and I'm kinda shocked that my laptop gtx 1060 runs this at 4k 60fps...
Orochinagis
(10-13-2017, 12:01 AM)
Mag Deluxe skin is available too?
Strider
(10-13-2017, 12:02 AM)
Can't wait to get home to dig through the patch notes and get to playing.

Need to get Gara and the Astilla asap :D
Zafir
(10-13-2017, 12:03 AM)
Well first impressions aren't the best. I grouped up with my friends, we selected to go down to Cetus and ended up in different instances. That seems to stop you from even being able to get through the door since it just says "Waiting for other players" but since you're in different instances you can never activate the gate opening. xD

Can get into the open world solo though.

Ah well, early days I guess. Hopefully they'll fix it.
A-One
(10-13-2017, 12:10 AM)
Does this game have raids? If so, how many?
What A Time To Be Alive
(10-13-2017, 12:11 AM)

Originally Posted by A-One

Does this game have raids? If so, how many?

2 but I would only recommend one.

The other is buggy as all hell.
Naite
(10-13-2017, 12:12 AM)
I trailed off while reading that gigantic changelog. Not sure what I should start off with first. I'm so used to dealing with their smaller updates
Poodlestrike
(10-13-2017, 12:14 AM)

Originally Posted by What A Time To Be Alive

2 but I would only recommend one.

The other is buggy as all hell.

Some of the not-raid bossfights are crazy unstable too.

I had to run Lefantis 3 times for one kill because one of the heads kept refusing to open.
Ronin Ray
(10-13-2017, 12:15 AM)

Originally Posted by qcf x2

I am in the same boat. I have no desire to play this on PS4 again but I would love to try it on PC but I don't want to start over. Looks like that's never going to happen though
CaptainAmeijin
(10-13-2017, 12:18 AM)
I haven't played at all since The War Within, but put a massive amount of time in the game before that (reached 21 MR if that tells you anything). How many new quests are there now, two or three? I'm actually excited to dig into all the new content at once.

You know, so the wait times during part construction don't kill me...
thumb
(10-13-2017, 12:19 AM)

Isn't this update also supposed to include some changes to sniper rifles? Or was that already patched in previously? IIRC the devs talked about adding a default punch-through and maybe changing the way sniper shot combos deteriorate?

The Paris? Are you pinning enemies into walls? If so there are a few other ones with different damage types to play with too. The Cernos does impact/knockdown while another bow that's deviously hard to acquire, the Dread, eviscerates.

Those are the big three but there are other variations and a few new ones too that I haven't tested yet.

All are perfect stealth weapons, work great even when fired on the hip and on the move, and can be modded to become critical damage dealing monstrosities.

There have indeed been extensive changes to all sniper weapons. Check the release notes for PoE, listed on front page of the Warframe Reddit.
Niceguydan8
(10-13-2017, 12:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Ronin Ray

I am in the same boat. I have no desire to play this on PS4 again but I would love to try it on PC but I don't want to start over. Looks like that's never going to happen though

Steve addressed that today while he was on Periscope. He said the reason that it's not possible had to do with the contracts with console manufacturers.
jabuseika
(10-13-2017, 12:21 AM)

Oh man. Prepare yourself.

There have been a few changes :)

I'm ready.
Tabby
(10-13-2017, 12:24 AM)
Anyone having any luck finding the Quills or whatever to unlock the Focus tree?

I found a door in town but itís locked.
Last edited by Tabby; 10-13-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Tranqueris
(10-13-2017, 12:28 AM)
Maybe I'll try some actual sniper weapons now, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that people can get them to work fine but I never saw the appeal with the hallway maps in the game. It's why I've been sticking to my Kohm shotgun to tear everything up.
Primus
(10-13-2017, 12:30 AM)
Looks like the Prime Time stream is delayed while the team bangs out a hotfix for pressing issues on PC.
Manzoon
(10-13-2017, 12:31 AM)
Got into the plains and had no idea what I was doing, going to dig in deep later tonight.
CountAntonius
(10-13-2017, 12:33 AM)
Damn that place is big and fun to just run around in.
ZugZug123
(10-13-2017, 12:36 AM)
Thanks for the OT 😊

I might sneak out earlier from work to play this <_<
Tabby
(10-13-2017, 12:38 AM)

Originally Posted by CountAntonius

Damn that place is big and fun to just run around in.

Definitely. Perfect for Ivara because of her sneaky sneaky.

Ran out of ammo with my Rakta Cernos and failed a mission though.
Hojaho
(10-13-2017, 12:42 AM)
Played a bit. Beautiful outdoors. Time to sleep though, can't wait to play tomorrow.
SandwichMeat
(10-13-2017, 12:47 AM)
So i'm thinking of getting into this game on PS4 and I have a question.

Should I just wait till this update hits consoles or is there a benefit to jumping in now? It just seems like such a big change that I don't want to get accustomed to the old version just in time for this big update to hit
CountAntonius
(10-13-2017, 12:52 AM)

Originally Posted by SandwichMeat

So i'm thinking of getting into this game on PS4 and I have a question.

Should I just wait till this update hits consoles or is there a benefit to jumping in now? It just seems like such a big change that I don't want to get accustomed to the old version just in time for this big update to hit

It's only one zone. There will plenty to do in the old zones so it would be a good idea to get a handle on the game and the mechanics and start getting frames ready for the update on consoles.
GearFourth
(10-13-2017, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Bold One

When is this available on PS4?

I know this is a long gamble but, have they by any chance changed the art style?

edit: just seen, November, oh well....

Hopefully the optimisation they did for consoles with this update for this game is good as they mentioned as it was sorely needed
SandwichMeat
(10-13-2017, 12:56 AM)

Originally Posted by CountAntonius

It's only one zone. There will plenty to do in the old zones so it would be a good idea to get a handle on the game and the mechanics and start getting frames ready for the update on consoles.

oh ok i gotcha, sorry I thought it was like a total shift to like open world stuff. Cool tho thanks :)
HStallion
Now what's the next step in your master plan?
(10-13-2017, 12:59 AM)
So what does fighting the giant monsters at night actually entail?
Naite
(10-13-2017, 01:05 AM)
Got 4/5 of the way into the hardest bounty and got kicked off due to network not responding. I really hope I dont have to do that all over again.
texhnolyze
(10-13-2017, 01:09 AM)
Is it out yet? I haven't received the update on Steam.
Zafir
(10-13-2017, 01:10 AM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

Is it out yet? I haven't received the update on Steam.

It's through the client itself, not through steam. Launch it and it'll download.

Originally Posted by Naite

Got 4/5 of the way into the hardest bounty and got kicked off due to network not responding. I really hope I dont have to do that all over again.

My friends and I started with the easiest one, we got to stage 3/3 which was capture a guy. I pressed X to capture the person and it didn't count. He disappeared as if he'd been captured though and the quest just bugged out. Had to exit out the area.

After getting back to town, I got disconnected and can't get back in.

Great start, think I might just leave it for them to get some fixes out. xD
Last edited by Zafir; 10-13-2017 at 01:13 AM.
MaKTaiL
(10-13-2017, 01:10 AM)
So how big is the map so far?
Arrrammis
(10-13-2017, 01:11 AM)
Seems like servers are (expectedly) overloaded, neither me nor a lot of the streamers can log in.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(10-13-2017, 01:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

Some of the not-raid bossfights are crazy unstable too.

I had to run Lefantis 3 times for one kill because one of the heads kept refusing to open.

I had this problem over the weekend on my PS4 account.
Lork
(10-13-2017, 01:12 AM)
Looks like it's down.
Teknopathetic
Now we can settle this like gentlemen or we can get into some ol gangster shit
(10-13-2017, 01:13 AM)
"Got 4/5 of the way into the hardest bounty and got kicked off due to network not responding. I really hope I dont have to do that all over again."

You are definitely going to have to do it again.

Already almost 100k concurrent on Steam, and the game is also playable through their own client as well.
Sarcasm
(10-13-2017, 01:14 AM)
Is log in down?
B00TE
(10-13-2017, 01:16 AM)
Was having fun before the servers exploded. Lots of cool stuff in this update!
Abilidebob
(10-13-2017, 01:16 AM)
Why do devs almost always overestimate their servers ability to handle that much traffic?