• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

sinonobu
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:07 AM)
Taiwanese horror game Detention game is coming to Nintendo Switch according to Taiwan game rating board.

http://www.gamerating.org.tw/search_...5b4c4f5e316672
ArtHands
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:11 AM)
Its one of the surprise hit on Steam this year, great news
Salty Rice
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:13 AM)
Salty Rice's Avatar
Nice. Game looks really cool.

Give me more spooks.
BluePigGaming
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 03:15 AM)
Itd be funny if someone got detention at school while playing this game. Its possible on the Switch.
Wanderer5
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:15 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar
Chinese horror game? Shouldn't it be Taiwan?
Finn
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:17 AM)
Finn's Avatar
Just detention? Switch should get time-out, in-school suspension and expulsion for being amahzing.
sinonobu
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

Chinese horror game? Shouldn't it be Taiwan?

My bad. Fixed it.
Rmagnus
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

Chinese horror game? Shouldn't it be Taiwan?

? The game is in Chinese or Mandarin. Don't think China has the exclusive use of the the word Chinese unless I am missing your point.
CannonFodder52
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:18 AM)
CannonFodder52's Avatar
That's awesome!

Please physical release
Wildo09
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:20 AM)
Wildo09's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rmagnus

? The game is in Chinese or Mandarin. Don't think China has the exclusive use of the the word Chinese unless I am missing your point.

English horror game, spanish horror game. What comes to mind when you read it? That it's a horror game made in England or Spain. I think Taiwan is officially the Republic of China though, so it's alright.
Randomizer
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:21 AM)
Randomizer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

Chinese horror game? Shouldn't it be Taiwan?

It's kind of a complicated situation lol. But either applies. But I assume saying Taiwanese is better way to distinguish it from the mainland communist part of China.
Rmagnus
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Wildo09

English horror game, spanish horror game. What comes to mind when you read it? That it's a horror game made in England or Spain. I think Taiwan is officially the Republic of China though, so it's alright.

Er.. English horror game would mean horror game in English? So what would you call horror game made in America? Or Australia? Shrugs maybe I just see Chinese as a language and not a nationally thing.
eKongDiddy
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:22 AM)
2 spooks 4 mes!

I want scary but not scary, scary. Might pick it up if I muster up the courage. I need a horror game for my collection.
Wanderer5
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:23 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rmagnus

? The game is in Chinese or Mandarin. Don't think China has the exclusive use of the the word Chinese unless I am missing your point.

Eh I feel Taiwanese is more suited for distinguish, even through it is Republic of China.
Usobuko
Banned
(10-13-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by ArtHands

Its one of the surprise hit on Steam this year, great news

I was watching business news in the morning long ago and I came across an interview for the creator because of its somewhat success in steam.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(10-13-2017, 03:29 AM)
foxuzamaki's Avatar
Awesome, Matt and pat are playing this right now infact
Orb
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:41 AM)
Orb's Avatar

Originally Posted by foxuzamaki

Awesome, Matt and pat are playing this right now infact

Well, they did a two parter. That's all they really do for SS


I'm excited to try this on Switch tbh, I want as many games as I can get on the dusty fucker
eefara
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:48 AM)
eefara's Avatar

Originally Posted by eKongDiddy

2 spooks 4 mes!

I want scary but not scary, scary. Might pick it up if I muster up the courage. I need a horror game for my collection.

I'd say Detention hits that sweet spot! I just recently finished it, and while I'm terrible with most horror games, I had a lot of fun with Detention. Just the right amount of spook without completely freaking out someone who doesn't normally play the genre.
bchan555
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:50 AM)
bchan555's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rmagnus

Er.. English horror game would mean horror game in English? So what would you call horror game made in America? Or Australia? Shrugs maybe I just see Chinese as a language and not a nationally thing.

If you are talking about what COUNTRY the game is from, you'd call it a Taiwanese one.

If you are talking about what LANGUAGE the game is in, you can call it a Chinese one.

I'm pretty sure OP was referring to country though, so Taiwan is definitely correct.
BLAUcopter
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:50 AM)
BLAUcopter's Avatar
Ohhhhhhhh SOLD!
Soul of the Beast
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:51 AM)
Soul of the Beast's Avatar
Taiwanese here, still haven't played the game lol

This is great news.
Father_Brain
Banned
(10-13-2017, 04:01 AM)
Father_Brain's Avatar
For a second, I thought this was that bizarre Japanese WiiWare game with the alien penis thing

https://youtu.be/6qE4L6Cq80s
JPS Kai
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:29 AM)
JPS Kai's Avatar
I just picked up a copy yesterday for PS4. Glad to see the studio already branching out to more platforms!
-Horizon-
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:38 AM)
Sure, I'm up for horror on the go.
Richie
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:45 AM)

Originally Posted by BluePigGaming

Itd be funny if someone got detention at school while playing this game. Its possible on the Switch.

"Mr. Gaming, what is that you're playing there?"
"...Detention?"
"Damn straight!"

Thread Tools