• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Iron went on this whole cringe worthy segment, trying to use Arsonal's trademark disrespect against him. During that he referenced Nikiya's daughter & her struggle with cancer in an extremely distasteful way.

Sucks too because up until that point & directly afterward (if you can get over the cringe) Iron killed it.

But yeah, Niki's wife was there and everything. Apparently they both got really upset about it understandably and as a result Nikiya announced he's taking a break from battle rap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hitman vs. K-Shine is making SM6 one of the craziest SM cards in a while, honestly. And they still got one more match to announce. I feel like Mike P deserves a spot on there, if I'm honest. Mike P vs. Qleen would be crazy.

Iron went on this whole cringe worthy segment, trying to use Arsonal's trademark disrespect against him. During that he referenced Nikiya's daughter & her struggle with cancer in an extremely distasteful way.

Sucks too because up until that point & directly afterward (if you can get over the cringe) Iron killed it.

But yeah, Niki's wife was there and everything. Apparently they both got really upset about it understandably and as a result Nikiya announced he's taking a break from battle rap.
Yikes I don't blame him. Reason #25235 why battle rappers keep fucking the money up and it will never have reasonable boundaries to let it grow.

Massacre is the closest thing KOTD has to Summer Madness (including if we're talking funding), and has some of their best match ups concentrated onto one card for years one. It's a seriously big loss for KOTD.

Erv

I mean. Iron should have thought it through. Does anyone have any footage of organic or iron discussing this? Also I'm sure diz and hollow will still do the battle for less money for the culture.... because no other league would book this for more money. Only URL would it they fucked with dizaster... which they really don't

Charlie Clips-Goodz VS. Shotgun Suge-Arsonal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqQLB-BVMYE

Clips and Goodz are the best duo in battlerap!

I also agree Mike P deserves a spot on SM6, especially if people are speculating about Twork being there. He not only beat Twork, he has put more work in overall, and his battles pull numbers. Him versus Qleen would be interesting, i'm still waiting on him and YK to lock in though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thought Stay was gonna get washed but I think it's a pretty debatable battle. Crowd was sleeping on a lot of Stay's references throughout I found. Both of their 2nds were crazy but I think I edge Stay in that round, one of the best rounds I've heard from him in a while. Think I edged Pat in the first and Bigg K a little clearer in the third. So Stay 2-1 for me but I can see it the other way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm watching Avocado's Watch series for the first time and this is really good if the guests are good (i.e. battle rappers or people like Lush, don't like some of the other guys). The little bits of history are great.

I'm watching Nocando and Lush One watch Qleen vs. B Magic.

Nocando hasn't ever seen either of these guys rap and is watching them spit for the first time. Seems like he hasn't kept up since he left at all, must be such a crazy experience getting accustomed to the transition into modern battle rap.

Also watching them watch JC vs. Chilla I still caught stuff I haven't caught before. The battle that keeps on giving. They REALLY need to do B Magic vs. Chilla Jones.

I'm watching Avocado's Watch series for the first time and this is really good if the guests are good (i.e. battle rappers or people like Lush, don't like some of the other guys). The little bits of history are great.

I'm watching Nocando and Lush One watch Qleen vs. B Magic.

Nocando hasn't ever seen either of these guys rap and is watching them spit for the first time. Seems like he hasn't kept up since he left at all, must be such a crazy experience getting accustomed to the transition into modern battle rap.

Also watching them watch JC vs. Chilla I still caught stuff I haven't caught before. The battle that keeps on giving. They REALLY need to do B Magic vs. Chilla Jones.
You late homie! But yeah it is great. Check out the ones with Geechi, B Dot, Bigg K, and I think Thesaurus was in the last one which was great.

Watching Pat & K. Really liked Pat's 1st, some good ass material there and he was selling it in a way he hasn't since like '13. Actually gave me some heavy Dizaster vibes. The way he kept looking off into the crowd and repeating bars, verging on panic stricken lol. Pat definitely could have benefited from some more preparation but his verse was fun to listen to. That's exactly what a Pat Stay verse should be. FUN. No more spoken word eulogizing your dead homies & talking about how much you wanna quit battle rap plz.

Also, this is the first time in a minute Pat came off like a genuine & likable dude and he wasn't going on about how genuine & likable he is. Imagine that...

EDIT:

K's 3rd low key all over the place. But instant transition from: "I would never insult kids, that's his business" directly to: "REVOLVER IN YOUR WIFE TWAT" fucking leaned me. I can appreciate a man willing to take the high road.

But yeah, K's 3rd was a real kitchen sink round. I actually wish he allocated a bit more time in his round for the KOTD angle. I feel like there was more there. Overall I'm gonna give it to Pat Stay 2-1 with K getting the second.

#BOTZ8 - Reverse Live vs Thesaurus

Fire battle, Pete did way better here than vs Clips. Reverse was on fire. I'd like to see KOTD start building his profile up. Reverse has been killing it for yrs & can hang with top talent.
Not hard to top his last performance. He was surprisingly trash against Clips lol. Recommend some RL battles!

What is with battlerap bloggers and internet drama....im just gonna stick with Jayblac. Is it that hard to be professional and have some integrity in what you're doing?

Geechi Gotti VS. Glueazy
https://youtu.be/CqJv-Tt_dLU

Here comes the fire! Yeah this battle is bananas! 2-1 either way. Glu in the second and third (those punches were CRAZY) or Geechi in the first and third. I'm going Geechi though, just enough punches in the first and the third with the street shit, I felt it. They both won! They have already been making progress in the URL, but I feel like this will be the battle they blow up on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I got Glueazy in the first two and Geechi in the 3rd. Both Geechi Gotti and Glueazy deserve the Smack stage more than Nu Jerzy Twork TBH. Both have been way more consistent. Glueazy is mad underrated, I guess he doesn't have star power but he's got bars and knows how to deliver them. Also it looks like Geechi loses a good 40 lbs every battle lol

I'm Glueaz', you gon' respect mine
JayBlac, I debate battles with a Tech 9
ek7Ig.png
ek7Ig.png
ek7Ig.png

Arsonal VS. Iron Solomon
https://youtu.be/gj7caRVWkKI

I remember giving it to Iron 2-1 on the ppv.

Also, I agree about Twork, but I think he redeemed himself with his IllWill performance. If he ends up being a secret battle for SM6, i'll understand it...but I won't agree with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I dunno if I've asked this already, but I ask all of you: what is your favourite moment or are your favourite moments in battle rap? Can be a bar, can be something in the background, can be a gimmick, whatever. One thing I really like about battle rap is that there are SO many memorable instances, and that's part of what makes it addictive.

Some of my favourites (timestamped):

GET 'EMMMMMMMMMM IMO this is by far the best PG, and the reactions in the crowd are priceless. I don't think there's ever been something I've rewinded as much right after it happened, or rewinded as much PERIOD.
What time is it? Rea-real what?
At first I was like... where the fuck they get this corn from?
You ain't servin', burnin' shells, you just put words together well. Might be my favourite Verb bar, concentrated realness and probably the best attempt at generally discrediting an opponent. This entire battle is up there for me, the Jesus bar and Hollow's long rebuttal is right after too, whew. Old Verb is one of the GOATs IMO. This entire battle is memorable moment after memorable moment.
There's a rumour going 'round... I was like Mickey Facts all throughout this.
WHEN THESE HIT, MAN... Call it gas, I don't care. This shit was hard, probably from Tay Roc's best performance, and the crowd reaction is so infectious that it makes it that much more memorable. The card girl's reactions throughout this battle are fantastic too. And the line right after is perhaps the most basic battle rap reference ever but you FEEL it
GET CLOSE ENOUGH, AND DOSE YOU UP
The exact round when Tay Roc left earth and made himself top tier. The energy is INSANE.
The Roasting of Danny Myers.
SWING ON EM EASY, CHEEKO AND BEASLEY...
BEFORE THE SHOT
N64 vibes
Qleen impersonating Rosenberg Raw and B Magic
AND CONCEITED? Wyclef looks confused this entire battle lmao
You thought I was gonna lose?. Still (somehow) gives me chills.
Just a candy rapper with 4 bars. If it wasn't Clips, this kind of bar would end someone's career.
Mook wanted $25k to kill a n***a that's ill. And now an actual career ending bar. Shout outs to the petrified white girl in the back.
First 48 Bars bars are somehow always hard
The Infamous Story about O-Red in St. Louis
Real Deal embarasses Young Kannon on UFF. The ends of his first two rounds are the VICIOUS. You'd probably convert to Islam in the back of a patrol car.
Money Bagz' Job Application.

I've watched so many battles man ; __ ;

....i'll have to think about them.

I'm also gonna try and dig into Lux VS. Ars, find out who I really think won.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Aye Verb vs. Charron.

Man, I really like Verb in this battle. His 2nd was a return to form, but man, Charron was going O F F and did enough to outdo him every round. Verb was stumbling too frequently, while Charron had all kinds of slick references to Verb's career and his 3rd was a bodybag in that regard. Overall a good battle, but man, who is going to stop Charron?

LOOK AT ME WHEN I RETIRE YOU

Illmac: https://youtu.be/bEYdhO4N918?t=17m5s
Daylyt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ptp3FmkyJE (the whole thing)
Daylyt: https://youtu.be/phZdVValViI?t=28m31s
Hollow: https://youtu.be/H4kiRgPdPCs?t=9m9s
Bigg K: https://youtu.be/SHLcM5WPi3A?t=19m24s
Rum Nitty: https://youtu.be/HiqndNgXRrI?t=25m1s
Gjonaj: https://youtu.be/--47QTNdNk4?t=29m53s

Just a few. Also Charron with the BODY! I wish people would stop using the same approach to battle Charron. Pat Stay did a pretty good job making a bitch of him.

God damn Chilla Jones vs Daylyt was fucking awesome. I'm so done with Daylyt pseudo intellectual stream of consciousness raps rn. Chilla's "taken 2" homonym scheme in that battle was insane as well.

#BOTZ8 - Chilla Jones vs Madflex

Worth watching. One of the more enjoyable Chilla performances I've seen lately. Madflex does alright but Chilla got it easy especially with Flex's fairly bad choke in the 3rd.

Chilla and Madflex is pretty solid. I gave Flex the first, Chilla the last two. Flex's freestyle's when he forgot his shit were ok.

HOMI and NYB was FLAAAAMMES!!! Probably my favorite 2 on 2. Both sides brought it, the punches, the rebuttals, the humor...everything was on point. I think Ill Will really brought out the best in Nitty, he showed more than just punches.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The day before SM6, URL is doing Chef Trez vs. Prep as a One-Off.

Final SM6 predictions?

Hollow 2-1 (though, IMO, Tay Roc could take this convincingly)
Hitman Holla 2-1
Brizz 2-1
Ave 2-1
JC 3-0, no body.

Chef Trez 2-1

Honestly, I can see most of these going both ways, which is partially what makes this card so crazy.

Fresco (his whole third): Fresco vs. Thesaurus
Damn I remember seeing this for the first time and wondering when Fresco entered and got out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Dude gained like 40 lbs of muscle and 60 lbs of BARS. Hearing him in this battle had me like

cardi-b-impressed-with-lil-uzi-vert-ed-sheeran-ftr.jpg

EDIT:

URL: Swave Sevah & Money Bagz vs. Ryda & Jakkboy Maine. Damn I forgot this was even a thing lol, but it's as much of a clusterfuck of a battle as everyone said it was. Everybody lost this battle TBH.

EDIT2:

URL: Queenzflip vs. Jay Blac. Speaking of I forgot this went down, lmao

Damn Jay Blac better than some PGs TB

That Goonies-Team Homi battle is one of the worst i've seen.

Summer Madness tonight!

Nitty, Brizz, Ave, K-Shine, and Hollow all getting bodybags tonight!

...or right now lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SM6 stream link if you quote this post.

Missed em but seems like Cortez vs. Twork was the surprise battle and it was debatable, and JC beat Nitty convincingly. Ave going in now.

SM6 stream link if you quote this post.

Missed em but seems like Cortez vs. Twork was the surprise battle and it was debatable, and JC beat Nitty convincingly. Ave going in now.

You the man homie! And yeah i'm 0-1 on predictions so far. This Ave-Top battle is debatable.

Norbes and whoever this guy is commentating can get out though. Ave 2-1, pretty debatable though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Missed the most of everything thus far, so I can't say anything decisively but from what I've heard of Hitman's and K-Shine's rounds, Hitman is COOKING. That bar with Showout just now LAWD

Hitman one of the GOATS

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not the strongest/craziest round overall but Hitman kinda styling and hitting Shine with all the right personals and bars.

Shine getting his mojo back tho

EDIT: Ehhh I think I edge the third to Hitman, had more and more poignant stuff. Didn't watch enough of the rest of the battle to call it.

This pre battle shit better than the actual battle.

I got Cal taking this

Edit: And Cal's killing him

In the first yeah, Cal can control a damn crowd. This second is edging to Brizz though...they both seem to be losing to the crowd now though.

URL CROWDS

...they might not make it to Hollow and Roc lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Started listening halfway through the 2nd and Cal seemed like trash and Brizz was using really old angles (it's amazing that the pool story actually gets groans now, speaks to how well Cal cleaned up his image and put out in his battles after Lux) and wasn't hitting like that.

Cal rapped his ASS off in this third, but there weren't many punchlines. I kind of appreciate it, but it's also kind of indirect.

EDIT: And I was gonna say they've both improved so much over the course of their careers but from what little I've seen it didn't show *that* well in the later rounds, except maybe Cal's third.

Lmao, Cal did a whole lot of rapping in that 3rd and probably got one good punch out of it. I'm gonna lean to Brizz 2-1, 2nd and 3rd. But uh yeah....the energy was gone, the crowd wasn't having it, and the material was pretty weak from both sides. Cal's first was the best round though.

I hope the crowd comes alive for this last battle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Roc's first had gas sprinkled without but was was loaded with heat too, great ender though, more rounds need to end on high notes like that.

First half of Hollow's round was too cheesy, but he started getting some good punches in there at the end.

Roc 1-0, if for consistency alone.

low key that crewneck Hollow got on is fire, though maybe the letters on the arms should be a bit higher lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I missed most of Roc's third but Hollow's third is doing it for me.

Dunno about this battle, feels like every round Hollow started light and by the end he had the best stuff of either Roc or Hollow in that round, but Roc was more consistent. 2-1 either way, but Hollow's third was by faaaar the best round of the battle sooo... Hollow 2-1.

Top Bottom