• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

painey

I always loved chair head shots. I hate that they are banned now, because they were always devastating and getting poked in the ribs with one is just dumb. Now, obviously I understand they are too dangerous to do for real anymore, but the question is why not just 'fake' it? All of wrestling is fake. 'Steel" ladders are made from wood, sledgehammer shots never connect, garbage cans are made of 2mm thick aluminum so they dent if you cough on them.. why not just make prop chairs that look real and have people believe it's as devastating as getting hit with a real steel chair?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I always loved chair head shots. I hate that they are banned now, because they were always devastating and getting poked in the ribs with one is just dumb. Now, obviously I understand they are too dangerous to do for real anymore, but the question is why not just 'fake' it? All of wrestling is fake. 'Steel" ladders are made from wood, sledgehammer shots never connect, garbage cans are made of 2mm thick aluminum so they dent if you cough on them.. why not just make prop chairs that look real and have people believe it's as devastating as getting hit with a real steel chair?

Because everyone knows wrestling is fake

Zach

GNX4LLi.png

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
The belt is going home to AJ. Even Vince can't hate on AJ. He's the one guy everyone agrees on. Shit, look at Smackdown's roster. AJ carried that shit. My only fear is he goes to Raw.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
"AJ you were the man on smackdown but RAW is the big leagues and this is MY YARD Oooouuuahhh"

Yes, that is exactly how it will go down. On the upside, AJ gets good matches out of everyone. His Reigns matches were good. Hell, I almost want to see AJ vs Shane just to see if AJ can carry Shane to a good match.

Yes, that is exactly how it will go down. On the upside, AJ gets good matches out of everyone. His Reigns matches were good. Hell, I almost want to see AJ vs Shane just to see if AJ can carry Shane to a good match.

"AJ we're putting you in another program with Roman. You know that Pele kick and 450 splash you do? Get rid of that and just focus on more headlocks"

miserable

remember when Rock said he came back and he would never leave, then he was like "lol just kidding" and called the fans stupid idiots for expecting him to be on every Raw

Sephzilla

remember when Rock said he came back and he would never leave, then he was like "lol just kidding" and called the fans stupid idiots for expecting him to be on every Raw

They're marks for thinking that Rock was going to cancel all of his movie deals to come back and wrestle as an independent contractor for chump change compared to what he was offered elsewhere.

miserable

They're marks for thinking that Rock was going to cancel all of his movie deals to come back and wrestle as an independent contractor for chump change compared to what he was offered elsewhere.

I mean you're right but he could have left out the "I'm never leaving" part in his promo

Tall4Life

My post of the day to keep my spot as a part timer

wrestling is really bad right now
I really wouldn't say that at all. WWE is markedly better than it was last year, and SD is some of the best TV in a long while. Programming on the Network has greatly improved. New Japan is killing it even more and put out a 6 star match this year. CMLL is becoming good again. NOAH is becoming good again. Broken Hardy is a thing. British wrestling is in another renaissance with a ton of young talent.

Wrestling is really good right now.

Sephzilla

Off topic: Goddamn, first Sony puts out a PS4 discount and now Microsoft is basically doing the same with the Xbox One. Nintendo is fucked.

Also, if I didn't just drop $2k on a new TV plus TV stand, I'd probably get an Xbox One S. One of the bundles on sale is $250 bucks, plus Gamestop will give you $150 back right now if you trade in an old Xbox One for an S.

Isn't that what people are doing with Cena now

Like I said, that feud gets funnier every day

Sephzilla

Isn't that what people are doing with Cena now

Like I said, that feud gets funnier every day

Even during that Rock/Cena feud, Cena was a hypocrite because he at that point in time was already trying to bust into Hollywood. That whole feud basically made Cena look jealous of Rock.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Wrestling is good right now. WWE is so frustrating because with the talent they have it should be a lot better. They just seem to get in their own way in terms of putting out a good product.

– It was reported yesterday that Nicole Bass had passed away. The news came from her girlfriend, Kristen Marrone.

However, Pro Wrestling Sheet is now reporting that Bass has not passed away, but that she will be taken off of life support today. Doctors say that she is brain dead. The site adds that Marrone posted that Bass had passed because she felt as though Bass was already gone.

The report of Bass’ death was picked up by several sites last night, and was reported on due to the fact that Bass’ girlfriend Kristen Marrone had announced the news.

Damn

Top Bottom