• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My biggest wish for GotG2 Volume 2 would be Quill finding the helmet from the DnA run. I want him to wear it so badly, just a tease at the ending would be amazing. Will blindly hope it appears in GotG3 or something, it's so dumb how Marvel costume design thought it would make him a look like a bad guy given that Chris Pratt gets tons of face time.
This one?
guardians-galaxy-star-lord-helmet.jpg
It was already in the first movie.

Pachimari

I find his helmet and attire design much better in the movies than those he got in the comics. So I'm all for them ignoring the comic book costumes.

Having never seen a body fall really far through a sheet of glass, I don't know it just kind of amazes me a little that the body just falls completely through and then all the broken glass rains down on them.

Glass: fuck you for breaking me, here's 1,000 cuts.

I read a GotG series not too long ago where he uses that helmet and thought it was absolutely hideous. His older design in general is just terrible compared to the newer design imo.
That is ugly as fuck.

I didn't know opinions could be so wrong.

Truth. Would've looked great if they did it in the movie.
To be fair, as badass as it is, he totally does look like a super villain here lol. I'm sure they could have found a medium point though. Just the helmet top on what he currently has would have worked.

dankir

Can somebody help me find the Marvel Media day thread back in October 2014 (has it been that long already)? The one where they revealed the full Phase 2 and Phase 3 plans. Reveals for Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War, etc?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Jamie Chung will star in a series regular role as Clarice Fong, better known as Blink, a sarcastic and lively tomboy. Clarice’s naturally strong exuberance has taken a hit after a sudden and traumatic upheaval of her life. As she adjusts to the new people and places that are suddenly ‘home,’ Clarice is slowly becoming herself again. Blink is an established character from the X-Men comics with the power of teleportation.

We previously revealed last year FOX has made a put pilot commitment for a new Marvel action-adventure series. The Untitled FOX Marvel Project, written by Matt Nix and directed by Bryan Singer, will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive. The series will be produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television, with 20th Century Fox handling physical production. Chung joins Blair Redford, who was previously casted as another mutant, Sam, the strong-headed leader of the underground network.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/60179/jamie-chung-joins-cast-bryan-singers-untitled-marvel-project-fox/

Jamie_Chung_Diana_King_Shoot.jpg

TDLink

Even though it's not MCU, considering Marvel is actually involved with the project I don't see the harm in posting stuff about it here if you want.

TDLink

Then go ahead and discuss Legion in here as well. It has nothing to do with the MCU.

Again, I don't see the problem with doing so. We're all fans of Marvel properties in general here I think, having some discussion about other projects Marvel is involved in seems to be fine. I'm not going to put them in the OP or anything nor would I expect people who only care about the MCU to want to follow them. But nothing wrong with talking about them in this topic.

curb

Banned
As long as I can remember this thread has excluded non-MCU news. It's an MCU thread and I personally am fine with keeping the Fox stuff out of it.

TDLink

Generally yes, but people have still posted stuff related to non-MCU Marvel projects in this thread. The thread is never going to be about those, but I just don't see the big deal about people talking about them. It's just...not a big deal. We were just talking briefly about CW DC shows on the last page too. Some amount of discussion of other comic book stuff is just inevitable, especially when this stuff is -also- Marvel.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't mind veering discussion, but this is still technically an MCU thread. I mean, either change the thread title to just general Marvel stuff or start a non-MCU Marvel news thread.

Who would we fancast as Black Bold?

I don't know. With Rheon it's clear they're going younger than I thought they were heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom