• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 2 secrets: a pet dog, you can be pregnant

Gadeus

20070307.jpg

:lol

:lol

that would be awsome

it would also be awsome if you had a kid, and you found out your wife cheated on you, and you went on maurys in the game

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Aaron said:
I must be hallucinating, since those look like actual open areas. In a Fable game! Who gives a crap about lassie? That's real news!

Still looks like hi-def invisible walls at the (slightly wider) path edges and the (probably unclimbable) small incline around the glade, though. Goddammit, let me walk through your lusciously beautiful world, people, not press up against it.

Edit: I know it's a test level.

Tieno

Aaron said:
I must be hallucinating, since those look like actual open areas. In a Fable game! Who gives a crap about lassie? That's real news!
They've already said in one of their updates that they want and have much less restrictions in the areas, more free-roaming.

Durante

MasterMFauli said:
Frankly, that´s why i posted it.
The only difference to Zelda is, that these textures are of higher resolution. :-/
That's just sad. We already have 3d grass in a 360 launch game for ****s sake!
oblivion_grass_80_s.jpg

Wollan said:
Another X360 sequel that looks like a HD version of the Xbox game (though the dog looks great). With that said, this is most likely a 2008 title so the graphics is not indicative of anything just yet I would think. 'TEST LEVEL - WORK IN PROGRESS'

awesome post. shouldnt you be playing Motorstorm before everyone forgets about it in a week?

jimbo

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
But why is the ground a flat texture?
I thought in nextgen, we´ll finally get real-looking grass :-/

You do realize the first Fable on the original Xbox had real-time grass right? Unfortunately for you, it will most deffinitely have it.

Tieno

Wollan said:
Another X360 sequel that looks like a HD version of the Xbox game (though the dog looks great). With that said, this is most likely a 2008 title so the graphics is not indicative of anything just yet I would think. 'TEST LEVEL - WORK IN PROGRESS'
Nice! It IS a 2008 title.

Prine

Banned
MasterMFauli said:

What part of 'TEST-WORK IN PROGRESS' do you not understand?

jimbo said:
You do realize the first Fable on the original Xbox had real-time grass right? Unfortunately for you, it will most deffinitely have it.

Lol, WTH?!?
I´ll most likely buy Fable 2, so what´s with that attitude, dude :-/

madara

Adding little charming things into the game to bond with characters more, what the hell was he thinking? Xbox crowd dont like that, they want more blood guts and boobies, chances to kill children and rape! As this thread already points out..
interest +1

I hope its like the Dog from Secret of Evermore. I want a Toaster dog! Can you set its behavior in any way at all? Like how aggressive it is? Will it be able to gain EXP and level up itself?

MasterMFauli said:
And this folks is why E3 as we know it is dead...

Comments like these. That's why they ban cameras and cellphones at these types of events because some folks lack any sense of context.

hiryu

Since Fable is one of the best games of last gen I really can't wait for Fable 2. Everything that has been said so far sounds great and the screenshots look excellent. It looks like you will be able to use rifles too. At least, that's what it looks like the character has on his back in the one screen.

besiktas1

Cool, I was hoping for a Pittbull though, here's hoping for customisation (I'm sure it'll be in there, this is Fable after all)

Pitbull-2-CR.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hmmm, hopefully the core gameplay will be improved. Fable 1 was weak in the storyline department, and most of the game was hacking and slashing through simplistic dungeons and repetitive enemies. But it was still better than Jade Empire!

Xenon

Wow this sounds like a great.....
distraction.
It would be a nice little extra, but hearing that PM is touting this as the hook of the game is disappointing.

Zenith

Banned
Fable was one of the most boring games I ever played in terms of everything. it was just flat-out bad and I didn't even follow the hype. I just don't have any hope for Fable 2.

Tieno

Xenon said:
Wow this sounds like a great.....
distraction.
It would be a nice little extra, but hearing that PM is touting this as the hook of the game is disappointing.
Actually, from what I've read, the dog would replace the HUD and (some of the?) map features.

Haunted

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Molyneux described the first new feature as "risky, but worth the risk. A new canine sidekick will help players distract or threaten enemies, scout out new locations, and find hidden items. Molyneux described the feature as "something you've never seen before."
Bildi said:
2002?

Try 1995.

jx_secret_of_evermore_snes_front.jpg

PleoMax

Banned
I'm offcially hyped.

And to the guys making the comparisons of the dog to the dino and shit...ppl cmon. We are talking about something on a whole different level with a much different impact in the gameplay.

Meier

I don't care about the haters, this sounds ****ing great. I loved Fable minus the fact the frame rate could get pretty awful (must have gotten down to 5 fps at most when I was throwing off lightning bolts at these ghosts in the swamp). Sure, I wanted the originally promised features and I'm sure 2 won't deliver on all of them, but the game is going to be awesome and I can't wait.

In the first one you could love a shitload of women, but only marry one at a time.. so I figure you can only sex up one too.

fanduck

The family aspect sounds great. I wonder though, if you don't come home for an extended period of time, will your wife get pregnant without you???

Gowans

for a second I thought this thread said "a pet dog you can make pregnant" :lol

anyway yeah I loved Fable and love Molenux's approach to games, he really does put his soul into them.

Tho it hasn't blown my socks off it does look like this could be a great feature.

Once I am done adventuring can I retire to my castle and re-tell my stories with my faithful dog by my side as I sit in the glow of my fire place?

Storyteller--Dark_and_stormy_night.jpg

Character.storytellerdog.jpg

"hruuuuuuhhh?"

theultimo

Looks really good, hopefully with the Black and White Pet AI mixed with Fables engine, this is shaping up nicely. Hoping for the best

DONT HYPE IT TOO MUCH LIKE LAST TIME

Top Bottom