• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Century's Episode R screens

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
goddamn -- don't watch anime, but i likes the robot games. MIGHT JES HAVE TO IMPORT

C-Jo

I just checked out some videos of Episode 3 and it definitely looks import friendly. I may just have to pick this one up.

duckroll

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
I'm trying to imagine this in motion. I'm smiling.

But it's probably never going to be translated to English. The smile vanishes.

There is no "probably". It will never be in English. Any game with Macross featured in it will never be released outside of Japan.

duckroll said:
There is no "probably". It will never be in English. Any game with Macross featured in it will never be released outside of Japan.

Yeah, but couldn't they just translate the interface and throw in the subtitles for us importers? Come on! :(

I'd take Engrish gladly.

mintylurb

Aww yeah..Orguss~

GnCy6Y84isipTD64MTiSQzv99p11E8I6.jpg

cKZ3ixFtKYy8tZy93t68JQiiB1HQ6nxo.jpg

Now, I want Macross 7 and Patlabor!

Haunted

Looks like mecha fan heaven.

Also looks like Codies has some serious competition in the bullshot department. :p

vagabondarts said:
OH MY!

*dies*

... what is the realistic probability that these screens represent the actual gameplay?
Roughly around zero. ;)

duckroll

I'm amazed that so many people here think that From Software is unable of making a PS3 game which looks like these screens. I'm disappointed in all of you! :lol

Haunted

duckroll said:
I'm amazed that so many people here think that From Software is unable of making a PS3 game which looks like these screens. I'm disappointed in all of you! :lol
Years of and years of bullshots and lies have cultivated a certain cynicism in us. :lol

And just for the record, I'll gladly eat crow if the actual gameplay really ends up looking as good as these (admittedly, downscaled) shots.

hteng

Banned
duckroll said:

even From can't make models so clean and smooth, look at their current gen AC games (i'm a AC fan) it's full of jaggies. Don't get me wrong, i think From is a capable developer and can make complex designs but they sure as hell aren't the most polished developers around.

Zengar

Gorgeous! Hopefully they are gameplay shots. Anyway, it's import time and MUGEN PUNCH YOUR ASS INTO THE MILKY WAY (MILKYWAY)!

mintylurb

duckroll said:
Seriously? I can't tell whether or not ducky is joking anymore!!

Anyway, I think the mecha models can look as good as those fapmitsu shots but they're probably going to be quite jaggie.. We'll see.

Mandoric

Banned
Before we start misunderstanding each other, let's keep in mind the final set of shots in the link is of the opening demo FMV.

duckroll

hteng said:
even From can't make models so clean and smooth, look at their current gen AC games (i'm a AC fan) it's full of jaggies. Don't get me wrong, i think From is a capable developer and can make complex designs but they sure as hell aren't the most polished developers around.

I'm sure extra AA has been applied on the direct feed screens, sure, but the way people are acting it's as if these are not gameplay shots and the game will not look anything like this. I'm 100% sure the screens are taken from a running build of the game, but with AA added through the buffer, but that's how everyone does it.

Look at the Birth by Sleep screens released by Square Enix, they have tons of extra AA to make it look extra pretty, but the actual game does look like that just with less AA. These models are definitely representative of how the game will look, just not as polished of course. Metal Gear Solid 3 also had direct feed screens which were twice the resolution the PS2 is even capable of, and with like 4xAA applied. It's not unusual, but that doesn't mean it's not representative of how the game will generally look.

For what it's worth, Ninja Blade and Demon's Souls both have a very clean look, and pretty solid image quality. AC4 is not really a good indication of how From games look this generation anymore. AC5 should look way better than AC4.

hteng

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm sure extra AA has been applied on the direct feed screens, sure, but the way people are acting it's as if these are not gameplay shots and the game will not look anything like this. I'm 100% sure the screens are taken from a running build of the game, but with AA added through the buffer, but that's how everyone does it.

Look at the Birth by Sleep screens released by Square Enix, they have tons of extra AA to make it look extra pretty, but the actual game does look like that just with less AA. These models are definitely representative of how the game will look, just not as polished of course. Metal Gear Solid 3 also had direct feed screens which were twice the resolution the PS2 is even capable of, and with like 4xAA applied. It's not unusual, but that doesn't mean it's not representative of how the game will generally look.

For what it's worth, Ninja Blade and Demon's Souls both have a very clean look, and pretty solid image quality. AC4 is not really a good indication of how From games look this generation anymore. AC5 should look way better than AC4.

Demon's souls still have pretty obvious jaggies, not sure bout Ninja blade. Anyway, as long as the screen's been 'clean up' for presentation's sake, people are gonna be skeptical about the final product.

oh and the skies, smoke trails and explosion looks too good
to be real, then again it might be the resolution of the pictures.

Aaron

hteng said:
If you're a fan, then you should know From Software just don't release bullshots. I remember the early screens of Demon's Souls did them no favors. Ninja Blade didn't look so hot in stills either.

hteng

Banned
Aaron said:
If you're a fan, then you should know From Software just don't release bullshots. I remember the early screens of Demon's Souls did them no favors. Ninja Blade didn't look so hot in stills either.

yep, now that you mentioned it, fromsoft doesn't do bullshots for their own games. Then again, this is a collaboration project between banpresto and fromsoft, so it's not entirely under one developer's control.

I remember when I got into importing a few years back and hearing about the series. I'm disappointed I never got the chance to play any of them before. Clearly this is the de facto mech action game. Will proceed with great interest

Yeah I am sure the shots have been cleaned up, but I never really peg From as a developer that would put out gameplay looking shots if they didn't actually have it running yet.

I have only briefly played the ACE series but I will definitely pick this one up. Not enough HD robot games by a longshot.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
If those are in any way truly representative of the final product... Goddamn. Goddamn. You go, From.

Kyoufu

ElyrionX said:
Jesus christ those look awesome. Do you need to know moon language to be able to enjoy this game?

Already answered a gazillion times in the Famitsu Jesus thread, but no you don't need to understand Japanese to enjoy an action game.

Q8D3vil

one of my friend is banbresto freak so he own everything made by them
i saw the first two episode and they were amazing
i love region free gaming in ps3 :D

Gattsu25

Banned
hteng said:
Demon's souls still have pretty obvious jaggies, not sure bout Ninja blade. Anyway, as long as the screen's been 'clean up' for presentation's sake, people are gonna be skeptical about the final product.
That's....what he just said.

ugh

Netto-kun

25poill.jpg

Wow, it's the Arbalest. :eek: I'll pray for mecha Bonta-kun as a secret unlockable mech (unlikely?), even if it's human-sized.:lol

Enron

Banned
duckroll said:

You don't need to understand japanese to play these games, folks. Fear not! Just find some translations for the items in certain menus and you are good to go.

Looks like this will be one of the few mecha games I end up playing. Well done FROM. The screens look absolutely gorgeous. Really like the "render style". Very interesting.

Top Bottom