• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Penguin

Tried to collect Vere/Swamped posts, but got bored during Day 1

Not a ton going on

And this thread is 50 pages, but if anyone wants to relive some of day 1...

I'm here! Gonna get ready and then get into the game.

Seems like this roster is made of people I either know really well, or not much at all.

Zipped seems awfully chirpy, I'm taking that as a good sign for now.

Are you implying you want to vote for Sorian? Then why not do so?

On the surface this seems like an OMGUS vote, but Zeemumu does justify his vote in a reasonable way. It could be that he was more inclined to look at Dusk because Dusk voted for him initially - horse blinder effect. I don't think this says anything about either of their alignments, but looking forward to more contributions from Zee to make a more informed opinion of this exchange.

Interesting that you wanted to go for a no lynch...seems kinda uncharacteristic.

Anybody else you are scum reading Splinter?

LoC is laying low, and hasn't contributed much, looking at his posts.

Burb is also conspicuously absent, could be he is busy but regardless, making a mental note of this. This is his only post with some content, he calls out two of the more active players. Genuine questioning, or trying to pit two vocal townies against one another?

Oh yeah, looking back I guess you scumread Ty as well. I'm personally not seeing it yet, but it's still early.

XD

I'm making a mental note of Nomadic being alright

Besides, I can't see why scum would do whatever it is he is doing on D1 lol.

Thanks!

Well, he seems to be super interested in lynching Dusk.

What are your personal feelings about that?

So far, he seems like town Sorian to me but that could change in the coming days. I feel ok about his town read list that he posted too (Panda, Fat and Splinter).

There was an exchange between Ouro and Dr Worm that nobody really remarked on, but it didn't make me feel that good about Ouro. It's like Ouro was trying to press Dr Worm, but did so in a very lazy way, or maybe just for appearances. That point never really went any where, I was expecting some conclusion or something. I agreed with Dr Worm's point, so maybe that's biasing me against Ouro. But l'm not feeling good about Ouro right now.

I see where people are coming from with Zeemumu.

I was feeling iffy on LoC, but his #427 post seems ok actually. It could be that he is just busy. Not sure that I agree with a Zipped vote though, but I do understand LoC's thinking. Zipped has mostly said not much all day, but he's been making loads of jokes and seems really at ease, so I am gut reading him as town.

Hmm I do take this read pretty seriously because you know acohrs far better than I do, but you could be scum. Thing is, I'm scum-reading acohrs. He threw some low-key shade on me which he never really followed up on.

VOTE: acohrs

I could also vote for Ouro, Zeemumu, or Burb.

oh acohrs is voting for Burb eh? Iiiiiiinteresting!

You're talking about my read on Zipped right? What you say is true, and I should try to clear my mind about him. But I dunno, I still think he's town in my gut.

LoC, what do you think about Ouro?

SalvaPot

Weird that Sorian's ability can force players to target them, it pretty much makes all his previous claims useless. since that means he is full of shit when it comes to his cops role.

But that raises another question, if he is not the cop, that means we don't have any type of investigative role, but it also seems to me that scum doesn't have that strong roles either.

Also he said he knows "He targeted last night" when talking about the voteblocker (Who we all noticed after the day ended that dusk couldn't vote). But maybe he redirected the vote to someone else?

But then what IS his role? He either has several tools or just one, the redirection.

Also I really dislike that Dusk Soldier never said he was vote blocked.

And then no one noticed... well at least I didn't...

I didn't use my power last night by the way.

I'm amazed how brave Sorian was to claim to be a town investigative role if he never had that ability. Had there been a town investigator, which is usually pretty good odds, then he would have probably gotten a counter-claim pretty quick. I doubt he had won by that point.

Still, we need to lynch scum today, and if Sorian is neutral than he isn't our best shot. I've been trying to consider any plausible scenario where Sorian is actually a scum, but his actions don't fit very well no matter what angle I consider it from.

As for Swamped/Verelios votes

Day 2: Kalor
Day 3: No vote -> gets replaced
Day 4: Kawl
Day 5: Nomadic
Day 6: Kawl

DAY 7 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Sorian (1)
Sorian 2484

No active vote for Day 7: Dr. Worm, Dusk Soldier, Faddy, Fat4all, Giant Panda, Penguin, SalvaPot, The Wizard, Zeusy

Day 7 Postcount: Dr. Worm 2, Dusk Soldier 8, Faddy 5, Fat4all 10, Giant Panda 3, Penguin 2, SalvaPot 1, Sorian 5, The Wizard 6, Zeusy 1

Day 7 ends:
gre_1508364000.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

SalvaPot

What if I lied about all my targets too?

I'd never do that.

Would I?

No

Yes

Maybe

You had very little reason to lie about your targets, specially if there was a role that can see who visits who and caughts you in your lie. I am pretty sure that at least your first claim is truthful when it comes to your targets.

Sorian

Banned
You had very little reason to lie about your targets, specially if there was a role that can see who visits who and caughts you in your lie. I am pretty sure that at least your first claim is truthful when it comes to your targets.

What would you have done if I had lied?

LYNCHED me?

lol

Alright I've got some information but the assumptions I derive out of it are based partially on mechanics I'm not 100% sure of.
Let's start with the facts. I'm Hamurai the parasite X-shot vigilante. I didn't really consider using my night killing ability until about night 4 due to a lack of compelling leads until then, once odds came close to 50/50 I was on board.
Night 4: was considering Penguin/Kawl based on some faulty logic similar to the post I had start of day 5. Ultimately decided this wasn't certain and both could be town which would just make us lose a turn faster. No action.
Night 5: Kawl was still on my mind as it would clear up the next days lynch but I still wasn't seeing it. Other option was Zeusy who I targeted in the end.
Night 6: Was pretty thrown after the data events, looked for someone who seemed to really want to appear to be town and landed on Verelios.

Now here's some assumptions about what this might mean, would like to hear more about the likelihood from more experienced players here:

- At the start of the day I was excited Salva might have blocked scum. Why? Because I knew Vere would have died regardless. Now we know no one is role blocked, so maybe scum just got really unlucky and hit their only unknown teammate? Well there's also a possible alternative, if scum know they have a hidden member why take the risk with the night kill. If they opt for no kill they end up with a 6-5 vote with Sorian help. That seems less risky than targeting Vere.
- I targeted Zeusy night5 and didn't receive any notification that I was refunded a shot. Initially I was worried scum had randomly come across me with their ever but I think I would have been refunded a shot in that scenario. So is Zeusy bulletproof and does that hint to scum? I am fairly certain my target wasn't change as Kawl would have swapped worm and dusk(?) this night.

So yeah what I want most right now is an explanation for what happened night 5.

Initially I was worried scum had randomly come across me with their ever but I think I would have been refunded a shot in that scenario.
*roleblocker. I guess I'm not fully certain I would know if I got the shot back but I feel like I would have been notified via PM? And I can't think of many alternatives to why a hit would fail besides bulletproof. We know most of the town actions on that night and it shouldn't have changed this.

Sorian

Banned
I'm kind of like a wizard myself and it's a shame you just claimed something that can ruin my day. Good thing I have control over a roleblocker these days.

I'm kind of like a wizard myself and it's a shame you just claimed something that can ruin my day. Good thing I have control over a roleblocker these days.
So you've a witch type role. Choose X, they must target Y. Which is why you were able to vote block someone. Interesting, too bad we have to second-guess your list of targets.

SalvaPot

Alright I've got some information but the assumptions I derive out of it are based partially on mechanics I'm not 100% sure of.
Let's start with the facts. I'm Hamurai the parasite X-shot vigilante. I didn't really consider using my night killing ability until about night 4 due to a lack of compelling leads until then, once odds came close to 50/50 I was on board.
Night 4: was considering Penguin/Kawl based on some faulty logic similar to the post I had start of day 5. Ultimately decided this wasn't certain and both could be town which would just make us lose a turn faster. No action.
Night 5: Kawl was still on my mind as it would clear up the next days lynch but I still wasn't seeing it. Other option was Zeusy who I targeted in the end.
Night 6: Was pretty thrown after the data events, looked for someone who seemed to really want to appear to be town and landed on Verelios.

Now here's some assumptions about what this might mean, would like to hear more about the likelihood from more experienced players here:

- At the start of the day I was excited Salva might have blocked scum. Why? Because I knew Vere would have died regardless. Now we know no one is role blocked, so maybe scum just got really unlucky and hit their only unknown teammate? Well there's also a possible alternative, if scum know they have a hidden member why take the risk with the night kill. If they opt for no kill they end up with a 6-5 vote with Sorian help. That seems less risky than targeting Vere.
- I targeted Zeusy night5 and didn't receive any notification that I was refunded a shot. Initially I was worried scum had randomly come across me with their ever but I think I would have been refunded a shot in that scenario. So is Zeusy bulletproof and does that hint to scum? I am fairly certain my target wasn't change as Kawl would have swapped worm and dusk(?) this night.

Well its possible you got affected by Kawl's ability somehow and that is why you failed your kill.

Penguin

See the problem is you claim an ability that we can't risk proving this late in the game

I get not wanting to get it wrong but if you've done it earlier we'd have some evidence that this power existed

Well its possible you got affected by Kawl's ability somehow and that is why you failed your kill.
How so? We can be reasonably confident that one of the people Kawl switched on night 5 was Dr. Worm. post #2315
Furthermore the increased confidence that Dusk is alright probably means Dusk was switched with Dr. Worm. I don't see Kawl switching worm with zeusy here and that's the only way it would affect my action.
See the problem is you claim an ability that we can't risk proving this late in the game
I get not wanting to get it wrong but if you've done it earlier we'd have some evidence that this power existed
I might have been able to claim yesterday if the hit had gone through. Before that I don't see how me claiming benefits town, it just means there more chance I get offed/blocked before getting to hit scum. I definitely hit scum last night, the question is was it a 2on1? For that you need to believe scum intentionally targeted Vere. If so, why? Was he really the most townie candidate at that point in time, I don't think so. If scum knew they had a unknown member they could have easily realized all they had to do today was recruit the neutral (who seems willing) and win. Therefore their best move would have been to abstain from the night kill. And if they did, Vere would still die as a result of my shot.
You would have to believe they took a 1/4 chance at the game going on longer vs. a near 100% chance of a win. I don't buy it.

Ultimately 4 of you are still scum and are naturally going to want to question the validity of my claim. To the town still left I would just ask that you look over my posts and judge for myself. In particular I think my first post today was accidentally quite revealing (I missed that Vere was a hidden scum) and therefore jumped immediately to Salva having roleblocked the killer. Now obviously that didn't happen but I have to say I don't think I would have jumped to the same conclusion had I not known Vere would have been killed by me even as plain scum. I think they are some small hits day 5/day 6 if you are willing to look for them but obviously I was being quite careful to not give scum any indication I had a PR before getting to take my actions.
Yeah, unless Zeusy claims bulletproof, Wizard's claim doesn't match with what we know.
Zeusy openly claiming bulletproof would be... interesting.

Zeusy

So you're the reason I lost my bulletproof!!!

Zeusy

Ok that may explain your odd play then.

Though I mean could have been useful ability... baited some scum into killing you and prevent at least one other town lynch for a day.
I've been using my ability every night, it's just I never protected the correct person 😧

Hey Faddy, I know Salvas boner for dusk is fascinating and all but what do you think of Zeusys posts on this page considering your enthusiasm for him as scum earlier in the game?

One thing I wanted to look at.
I'm gonna assume we are currently in 5-4-1 and the 1 is Sorian.
First why lynch a neutral: Sorian seems to intend to use Salva to block me tonight, essentially giving town no chance to disrupt scum overnight. If we lynch Sorian today he gets his deathwish and we go into tonight 5-4 with a rber and a vig which seems good but we could screw up or be interfered with. If scum are able to get the nightkill and the voteblock through we go 3-4 and lose. alternatives are 4-4, 3-3 and 4-3.
What about scum then:
Let's say we lynch scum instead. go into tonight 5-3-1 but can get witch blocked so assume scum nightkill every time. then tomorrow will be 4-3-1 if today's lynch is the voteblocker or 3-3-1 if not. So we'll be in the same situation today but with scum able to grab majority via Sorian who seems to be interested in only lynching himself thus far. So we lose tomorrows vote to scum but they kill neutral leaving the next night the same situation above but starting from 4-3 or 3-3 which means a smaller pool for possible mistakes + more information.

So I think that means we as town want scum (in particular the vote blocker) today not the neutral. But it is quite scary to realize Sorian as a wildcard could end the game for either side.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom