• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 announcement imminent!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

RustyNails said:
Everyone suggesting Leon/Claire/Ada/Chris/Boulder, SHUT THE FOOK UP! We need new characters goddamit! Do you realize that its been 12 years since the introduction of a new main character? Yeah RE2 was the last one that gave us Leon and Claire. I don't care much about Sheva and I don't think she's gonna be returning any time soon.

There's Billy from Zero too. But the fact that you don't even mention him probably means you don't think much of him too (which is understandable). So we've had 2 totally new main characters in the last 3 Resident Evil games and they were all shit. Yet you still want new characters?

.la1n

I do not trust the current staff at capcom to create a new character, sheva was garbage. Let's just stick with the claire idea, I like that one, it makes me happy.

.la1n said:
I do not trust the current staff at capcom to create a new character, sheva was garbage. Let's just stick with the claire idea, I like that one, it makes me happy.
fistbumb

Actually...Elza Walker would be good, revival!

2199cmg.jpg

seady

Host Samurai said:
More Zapping System. One of the best features in RE history and was only used once. The entire A and B game scenarios were a great idea to extend the game. Loved the new bosses in the B game.

By Zapping System do you mean the thing they did with RE2?
That was one of the best thing ever in the gaming industry and for some reason they never did it again. The two perspectives between Leon and Claire tie in so well. I rather have that kind of 'co-op' than co-op that have you play together on the same screen.

seady said:
By Zapping System do you mean the thing they did with RE2?
That was one of the best thing ever in the gaming industry and for some reason they never did it again. The two perspectives between Leon and Claire tie in so well. I rather have that kind of 'co-op' than co-op that have you play together on the same screen.

I was so disappointed that RE3 didn't feature it with Jill and Carlos. It would have been awesome to play as Carlos because he walks off plenty of times in RE3. It would have been cool to see what he has been up to.

I would be down to play as Billy or Carlos in RE6.

Africa as a setting would have been perfect to use Billy again in some capacity.

But again I think Konami is trying to pretend that RE0 never happened.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Night_Trekker said:
6 needs to answer a few questions. "Where the hell is Sherry Birkin?", for starters.

This is the only loose plot thread that I actually give a damn about. Seeing what a joke everything else has become she'll probably come back as some kind of superhuman ninja to stop Tricell's army of robot zombies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Night_Trekker said:
6 needs to answer a few questions. "Where the hell is Sherry Birkin?", for starters.

I think the exact opposite. The series needs to stop giving a shit about the laughable plot and characters from previous entries and focus on doing what RE4 did, a fresh scenario with some new ideas. By all means feature one or two characters from previous games, but don't get dragged down by the established fiction the way RE5 did.

Night_Trekker said:
Exactly! I thought that was her in the tube, not Jill.

I wouldn't mind more Sheva and Josh. I think for the next one, there should be no Jill/Chris/Claire/Leon. That would be drastic

Davey Cakes

Ignis Fatuus said:
No really, what made Chris more interesting than Sheva in his first appearance?
Honestly, Chris isn't that interesting either. Never has been, and his bit in RE5 didn't really help. Leon has more character in his pinky.

Rash said:
Honestly, Chris isn't that interesting either. Never has been, and his bit in RE5 didn't really help. Leon has more character in his pinky.
"More and more i find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for. Yeah its worth it." - Chris Redfield

Ogs

Rash said:

Leon was an annoying cock in RE4. RE2 Leon all the way.

"HANG IN THERE !"

I'm definitely excited for this. I actually enjoyed RE5 even with its flaws.

So I hope RE6 turns out great! I hope we don't have to wait another three or four years!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ShockingAlberto said:
Chris actively looked like a Geico caveman in RE5.

Even his facial animations were really different from everyone else's.

I thought everyone in 5 looked really fucking creepy the way their lips and tongues flapped around when they talked. Like everything else in the game the expressions and lip syncing was horrifically overdone.

Oh God. Hopefully it's more in line with the first half of Lost in Nightmares. I played that the other day and bemoaned the fact that the rest of RE5 wasn't like that dlc. But for God's sake drop the forced co-op.

vala

Inafune said:
Devil May Cry is a game that (when the development starts) will change a lot in relation to the previous games. The reason is that despite the franchise has some very loyal followers, sales are not particularly high, especially overseas. For this reason, it is likely that the fifth chapter will incorporate certain "Western touch" to make it more attractive to American and European players.
WTF!? :eek:
Ninja Theory confirmed?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Make Sheva go away forever. She can hang out with Billy and Carlos in the giant plothole of no return.

Kuraudo

Banned
Just putting this out there: Jill. Vanquish clone.

I'd rather have Claire and survival horror, but if they keep pushing for more action then this is probably the best possible scenario.

Vamphuntr

They better bring back Claire. I hope they kill Leon for good in this one. Can't stand him anymore. Wasn't one of the live action videos made for RE 5 by Capcom had Claire as a BSAA agent?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Vamphuntr said:
They better bring back Claire. I hope they kill Leon for good in this one. Can't stand him anymore. Wasn't one of the live action videos made for RE 5 by Capcom had Claire as a BSAA agent?

First off, Leon is >>>>>>> Chris.

But yeah, they had Claire as a BSAA agent in one of the 3 live action vids. Can't remember which atm.

.la1n

Ignis Fatuus said:
Africa as a setting would have been perfect to use Billy again in some capacity.

But again I think Konami is trying to pretend that RE0 never happened.

can we please start banning the konami/capcom meme, it's gotten so very very old and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom